Thoughts On Preseason Game 1

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Re: Thoughts On Preseason Game 1

What aloser.  Look at all of the excuses you are trying to make for a preseason game.  You are pathetic.  This just in, Beano, most teams play their starters little to not at all.  The fact that you can't admit that Mallet blows and are trying to use the average Mankins not starting as an excuse is beyond sad.  And you exhilaration over JG playing against guys who will not make the Redskins is hilarious.  

But let's talk about that great Dline with Wilfork and Kelly.  That defense had ZERO sacks and ZERO tackles for a loss through 3 1/2 quarters.  They blow.  For a little perspective, the Jets had 3 sacks 10 TFLs.  Yep, the injury prone Kelly and Wilfork look like they have returned to form. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Buttchesse go back in your hole

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

1. Butler needs to make the squad if he keeps up his play.

2. Hard to be a stud QB with constant pressure.

3. It's preseason people need to chill

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

I only half way agree with you on part 3. I am chilling regarding Mallett and Solder. I have no concerns. None. Honestly.

Do you have any concerns in finding a 4th LB that can cover?

Do you have any concerns in finding DT depth assuming Sil and Jones are down for a while, and Vince and Kelley are limited?

The KR team ranked 26th in the NFL last year. Team has 2 weeks to find a competent KR? Any thoughts on who?

I could see Devlin filling that Mulligan role easing Gronk into the TE role over the next month or so. I would like to see some additional move TE candidates brought in. I and not intrigued with Jones or Watson. I am more interested in Williams, but he appears to be injury prone

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:

What aloser.  Look at all of the excuses you are trying to make for a preseason game.  You are pathetic.  This just in, Beano, most teams play their starters little to not at all.  The fact that you can't admit that Mallet blows and are trying to use the average Mankins not starting as an excuse is beyond sad.  And you exhilaration over JG playing against guys who will not make the Redskins is hilarious.  

But let's talk about that great Dline with Wilfork and Kelly.  That defense had ZERO sacks and ZERO tackles for a loss through 3 1/2 quarters.  They blow.  For a little perspective, the Jets had 3 sacks 10 TFLs.  Yep, the injury prone Kelly and Wilfork look like they have returned to form. 

Kelly and Wilfork are arguably two of the more durable DTs anywhere in the NFL over their careers and now they are "injury prone"?  Do you know what the word "prone" means, Inbred?

Holy mackerel. LMAO

Leave it to you to be googly eyed over your defense in preseason, too.   It's always a bad sign for a team to thrive this early, but Rexie game plans and dials up blitzes and whatnot to give his crappy players confidence.

It's priceless to watch it all every year. It really is. They'll be yapping how good they are by Week 3 of the preseason and the entire country will be laughing at Jets fans, in particular, YOU.

Sorry Queenie, I was using your definition of "injury prone".  Don't you recall?  You claimed that Chris Johnson was injury prone after missing ONE GAME in his entire NFL career.  

What a moron.  You were set up and walked right into it. You post so much stupidity that you can't help getting burned by your own posts.

But for the record, Queen Bean, I'm far more impressed that the Jets had the youngest and best DL in the NFL last season, as opposed to in the first preseason game.  I just wanted to point out how awful the patsies DL was following up last years pathetic showing.

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I am watching the game right now (recorded).

james White looks good. I think he is the real deal, may have been a huge,steal in the 4th. Makes positive yards and gets low and and can run up the gut.

mallet made some nice throws, some brought back by penalties

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Rusty, put the Jets troll on ignore. He's a troll who always baits you. F him and ignore him. I liked your analysis.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Rusty, put the Jets troll on ignore. He's a troll who always baits you. F him and ignore him. I liked your analysis.

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I agree about the whole Mallett thing. The oline play was killing him. What was your take on the rookie olinemen? You take a close look at DEs Buchanan and Zach Moore?

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

I ignore most of his comments. The best is knowing he gauges his own D on sack totals, Chris Jones had more than overrated big mouth Richardson, and BB didn't waste a top 15 pick to get a player comparable to him.

You're right, though.   I can't point out his hypocrisy in every troll post of his.

As for the Pats, it's only 1 preseason game.  Whe you squash mostly 2s and 3s out of the gate like that, I dont' expect much chemistry at all.

However, the O Line needs to get it together quick, which I feel they will.  This seems to be the case every year with how BB runs it. He wants to see what he has with the guys he needs to get a look at on film and gauge their progression in practices and in the games.

Nothing has changed. This team is loaded. If healthy, they are in the AFC Title game again.  I heard Theismann saying Brady is really comfortable with the younger WRs even more so than last year, which obviously makes sense.

All good signs.

I agree with most everything you posted. Especially about the Oline - I hope you're right about that but still have my concerns. I would add the Dline to my concerns as well. I believe that the foundation of both units is vital and the foundation is the guys on the lines. That being said, it is the 1st preseason game and you never know what the coaches are looking to accomplish. BB is looking to evaluate certain aspects of this team as part of the building process. This process doesn't always translate into "looking good".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

+1

Isn't it obvious. Every thread that Rustoleum comments on, is ruined. Even on ignore, he ruins every football conversation on this board.

any other rec's on where football fans are discussing the Pats? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Is the consensus then that Mallet was hurt by the o line's play but Garapollo wasn't?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Russ, Good analysis!

I am concerned about the KR situation unless Boyce is ready to take over duties. I was hopeful that Finch or Gallon would compete to take the position and gradually transition to other duties. I didn't see the game but I hear that Finch bombed out completely and I don't understand what is happening with Gallon, other than redshirting him for the PS?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree on Smith, I think he showed power and strength at end...something we need. He won't be flashy, but I can picture Belichick loving a guy like that and using him quite a bit.

Totally disagree on Mallett - and I understand he was rushed on his throws - but this is ALL I've witnessed from him...four years of this. If this was a one time thing?? Ok, got it, but this is not a one time thing...he has never consistently moved the offense during his preseason performances, that's troubling. The pass into the ground was bad...the throw to Finch was bad...the miscommunication to Boyce was bad...on and on. Watch his head, watch his eyes, he looks at one read the entire time!! He does! It's like watching an amateur. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

The real story about this preseason game was that Mallett played so bad. This was a game that BB wanted to show case this guy. The Pats wanted a 2nd rounder for this guy. He has never shown that he is a legitimate NFL QB. I don't have any confidence in him if Brady goes down. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting cut in camp. If Garropolo looks good throughout the preseason and Mallett doesn't drastically improve, BB may cut him to save a spot for a guy like Malcolm Butler or Brian Tyms. It would make sense because Mallett is gone at the end of this season no matter what. And it doesn't look like the Pats would receive much if any compensation. I don't expect Mallett to be cut, but I think BB should consider it if one of these young guys looks like a legitimate NFL player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I only half way agree with you on part 3. I am chilling regarding Mallett and Solder. I have no concerns. None. Honestly.

Do you have any concerns in finding DT depth assuming Sil and Jones are down for a while, and Vince and Kelley are limited?

The KR team ranked 26th in the NFL last year. Team has 2 weeks to find a competent KR? Any thoughts on who?

I could see Devlin filling that Mulligan role easing Gronk into the TE role over the next month or so. I would like to see some additional move TE candidates brought in. I and not intrigued with Jones or Watson. I am more interested in Williams, but he appears to be injury prone

When you have Browner and Collins as your two starting big nickel cover guys, the answer is no.  Anderson is a 4th or 5th LB here. 

Could Larry Izzo "cover"? No.

Boyce should handle kick offs. While they need to improve their kick return game, when you score as many points as this offense does every year, that's not really high on the list of handwringing-tinged commentary from you, RKrap.

LOL

So the offensive output you have no problem with and the loser QB you keep bashing who is fundamentally the sole reason why you have such a great output. So why are you constantly beating on TB? Remember not to use the AFC easy to amass those double digit wins perennially. Just blame the PO when real competition comes your way. You are the perfect example of a walking contradiction. Major loser.

Obviously, Rusty can speak for himself, but I don't see him as constantly bashing TB.  Actually, he gives him plenty of credit.  The big concern is how TB performs in the post season.  In that regard, yes, I would say that he is a little heavy handed in his appraisals of TB's performances.  However, I think that he does have a point. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

When you have Browner and Collins as your two starting big nickel cover guys, the answer is no.  Anderson is a 4th or 5th LB here. 

Could Larry Izzo "cover"? No.

Boyce should handle kick offs. While they need to improve their kick return game, when you score as many points as this offense does every year, that's not really high on the list of handwringing-tinged commentary from you, RKrap.

LOL

So the offensive output you have no problem with and the loser QB you keep bashing who is fundamentally the sole reason why you have such a great output. So why are you constantly beating on TB? Remember not to use the AFC easy to amass those double digit wins perennially. Just blame the PO when real competition comes your way. You are the perfect example of a walking contradiction. Major loser.

Obviously, Rusty can speak for himself, but I don't see him as constantly bashing TB.  Actually, he gives him plenty of credit.  The big concern is how TB performs in the post season.  In that regard, yes, I would say that he is a little heavy handed in his appraisals of TB's performances.  However, I think that he does have a point. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ummm.. earth to Spock

Not true.

He bashes him, on field, off field, pre season, regular season, post season, every morning, afternoon and evening.

Ever go on the game day threads?  After the game day threads?

Ever hear about the shotgun?  Padding stats?  Kentucky Derby?  His wife?  His parking spot?  His hair?

Throwing 40 times a game, selfishly?  His binkies?

Could go on for days.

C'mon man!

Be real

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

The only player that stood out to me on Defense was Malcom Butler-this kid makes the team - he's also having a good camp!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Is the consensus then that Mallet was hurt by the o line's play but Garapollo wasn't?  

Yes. The OL was noticeably better in the 2nd half. 

EDIT; have you had a chance to see the game a 2nd time? If you still have the chance, check out how often the Pats WR's were allowed free run off the Los in the 2nd half as opposed to the 1st half. 

Sections
Shortcuts