Thoughts On The Bagjob - (I mean, "Game")

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Thoughts On The Bagjob - (I mean,

Unbelievable. An actual overall good post by you. We have seen a miracle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

The defense let so much time go during that last drive when they couldn';t do anything to stop Carolina from scoring, that Brady didn't have the ticks left.  Obviously the D blew the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Man oh man, did you watch McCourty get abused in every facet of the game.  We already knew he couldn't cover, but RBs just dragged him yards and yards for first downs.  It was pathetic.  Ed Reed played much better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I'm done watching the NFL after next Sunday night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

What a punk Talib is.  He got benched for being unable to cover Smith.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Did you love that New England run D absolutley baffled by another mobile QB, just like Geno burned them.  They are atrocious.  Cam had more rushing yards than any NE RB.  Hilarious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

ridleys fumble and the PA pass on 3rd & 1 werre the killers. blount was running the ball the best ive seen him run in a pats uni on that drive and you cant give it to him there? cmon. that FG turned out to be the difference.

I've tried to back Rid on this forum a bunch, but this fumble was just inexcusable. he fumbles at the worst times in games. i think he has the skills & size to be a great NFL RB but the fumbling will hold him back of that. if he can fix that up he can be a workhorse. he's still young. give him time. but still inexcusable plays.

what once looked like a top tier D this year has turned into the 2010/2011 type D. their downfall? injuries. no other reason. too many casualities. postgame last night Gary Tanguay went out on a limb and said this hip thhing will be the downfall of Talib's career. and saldy it may be true. first off i think Talib was mind f3cked my Smith last night. talib was acting a fool. he also cannot stay healthy it seems and thar hip is a big issue. Arrington has had the injury bug as well and totally blew that tackle in the end. which is sad becasue he is one of the better secondary tacklers. like i said before the game, i thought we had no LB to spy on Cam. he killed us with his legs. it was only 4-5 plays but those kept the drives alive. hightower looks bad out there. in run and pass. spikes can still play the run effectively though. they did a great job against williams.

if Dennard/Talib/Arrington arent 100% for Sunday it could be a looooooonnnnnnnggggg night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm done watching the NFL after next Sunday night.

[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with you.  It's getting harder and harder to watch these games with the way the officating is and the NFL NEVER does anything about it.  I am sick of the blatantly horrible calls and the stupid refs controlling who wins the games!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Really good post, Rusty.  I agree.  Ridley's fumble was HUGE.  Came at the absolute wrong time.  If you look at the entire body of work, NE actually played a very good game.  I can point to 3-4 critical plays that we didn't make that cost us.  And, of course the horrible call, or lack there of, at the end.  All in all, I still think this is a pretty good football team.  The Denver game is making me nervous because of the health of our secondary, as you mentioned, but I agree that we should see a good effort out the the Patriots next Sunday night.  We'll see if it can be enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

There's something people are overlooking. 

3rd quarter, Pats driving down 10-3.  Fourth and two incomplete pass to Gronk.  Anyone remember what happened next?  Edelman was the beneficiary of a defensive holding call THIRTY YARDS from the actual play.  Pats got the call and completed the drive to tie the game.  But in the endzone at the end, they won't let the flag stand when Gronk is bear-hugged five feet from the ball?

My point is, Edelman was a) Not the primary receiver on that play and, b) nowhere near the call on the field.  So if the refs' logic at the end of the game was that the ball was uncatchable, they had already established precedent by allowing the earlier penalty to stand.  In fact, the Carolina bench was livid that a hold was called on an off-play receiver nowhere near the actual play.  The refs towed the line on that call and, to the chagrin of Panther fans, stood fast to the rule.  Yet at the end of the game, the refs walk off the field without even giving an explanation after botching the call and heading into hiding.

Total, complete double standard.  Homefield is going to come into play, and the Pats likely just lost that chance.  I hope this team galvanizes from this idiocy; who polices the police?  It sure as **** ain't the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

3rd quarter, Pats driving down 10-3.  Fourth and two incomplete pass to Gronk.  Anyone remember what happened next?  Edelman was the beneficiary of a defensive holding call THIRTY YARDS from the actual play.  Pats got the call and completed the drive to tie the game.  But in the endzone at the end, they won't let the flag stand when Gronk is bear-hugged five feet from the ball?

My point is, Edelman was a) Not the primary receiver on that play and, b) nowhere near the call on the field.  So if the refs' logic at the end of the game was that the ball was uncatchable, they had already established precedent by allowing the earlier penalty to stand.  In fact, the Carolina bench was livid that a hold was called on an off-play receiver nowhere near the actual play.  The refs towed the line on that call and, to the chagrin of Panther fans, stood fast to the rule.  Yet at the end of the game, the refs walk off the field without even giving an explanation after botching the call and heading into hiding.

Total, complete double standard.  Homefield is going to come into play, and the Pats likely just lost that chance.  I hope this team galvanizes from this idiocy; who polices the police?  It sure as **** ain't the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the entire game was filled with big penalties like that.  It was kind of sickening...  but it seemed the calls were legitamite when you see the replay...

That brings me to my next point which is that these calls will be reviewed in the future...   They have to be .   That is the only way to stop this outrage that games are being decided by these botched judgment calls that are not reviewable...  WHy Not...?

If you review the bagjob call  ( and maybe the criteria is that it is game deciding...)  The review will show the endzone view that we saw and the call of intreference is made pure and simple...  Also from that view you  can see the ball coming in ... and Gronk had an angle on it if he could turn into it ( not interfered with),.. 

So looking at it that way like an official looking at the replays...  1st and goal at the 1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obviously, the day after such a creepy end to a very good game, is becoming more and more the norm in the Goodell NFL.  What I find disturbing is a ref like Jerry Austin or any of these blatantly obvious Pats haters, saying "the ball was not catchable" or "Gronk did not sell it enough". 

It's not a receiver's job to sell anything. It's the refs' job to get the call right and no legit football analyst fan can say that was the right call. There is no argument.  The flag was thrown because it was so egregious and then the ref's explanation as to why the flag was picked up doesn't support Holding or Illegal Contact, either a serviceable call for that play.

So, all these anti-Pats morons like Carter, Polian, Merriroid, etc, can all turn in their badges for being unprofessional analysts and liars who don't know the rules.

This is one day after SF got jobbed with a LB simply tackling Brees with a normal, textbook football hit. Why do the refs involve themselves so egrgiously in these games now?

Why?  Are they on the take?  Are they told to create a call to favor one team if they need to when they can, for the team Vegas wants to win?  I am dead serious. We see this in the NBA, frankly, because with how that sport works, it's easy to shift games with foul or non foul calls.

Facts:  That was either holding by Kuechly has he rode Gronk all the way into the end zone or illegal contact on the impedement of Gronk trying to come back for the ball.

It does not have to be just a PI play.  Regardless, the ball was clearly catchable if he wasn't blocked by Kuechly and if he dove to try to catch it.  Once I saw Kuechly do that, I realized why Gronk had a quiet game. He was being mugged like that all game long in man coverage.  Makes sense.  A team that plays zone, plays man and mugs Gronk as the gameplan.    I think that is what Carlolina did. I only saw a few off play situations where Gronk was not targeted, but it appeared to be man coverages, most of the night. Give Carolina credit for doing that because Brady would have shredded their zone.

If this is the only way teams can beat us, at their home stadium, with the refs changing rules during the game or on the last plays, I sure like our odds in the future and for karma to come back around. This cannot continue with Goodell because it will look more and more obvious with how he has this league set up and his obsession trying to promote teams that have not been successful in the past.

Good Stuff:

I thought the team played a good road game overall. That was a SB for Carolina, not having a night game there in like 5 or 6 years, the media hype around them, etc, and I liked how NE kept it close in the first half and then took the game over in the second half.  Overall, good, solid road game with a very disturbing ending that will be talked about all week if not longer.

The Run D was outstanding. I believe Williams had a total of 17 yards.  Nice job there and not allowing any big, gamechanging plays to Newton. He had that 1 scramble, yes.  Nice play, but overall they didn't use their run game to control the game, especially in the second half where NE took momentum.

The offense was balanced and they continued to run it. I would have preferred a bit more running in a game like that, but overall good job spreading the ball around and keeping the balance. By far and away, Brady's best road game and maybe game of the season.

Carolina's D is supposed to be so great, but if Ridley does not fumble, you could be looking at a runaway based on how the offense was dictating in certain parts of the game.  No panic, no forced throws, take the sack when you need to, etc.  

Amendola was clutch again as was Thompkins in limited duty. Good job by Blount as well after Ridley needed to be pulled. It's amazing how dynamic Vereen is.  The offense has another level with him out there.  Cannon, Wendell, Connolly, etc, also had nice games overall.

On D, excellent work  by Sopoanga anchoring the run D.  You didn't hear his name called a lot, but it makes the other young D Linemen better.   They missed some sacks and a couple contain plays on Newton, but that is the athlete Newton is. Overall, they took away their best stuff and that is their overall run game. 

Harmon, a nice game as a starter.  

Bad Stuff:

Ridley.   I have been saying to turn to Bolden for a while now and this is why. In the game thread, I turned to AvvyBoston and said "that fumble might be the game", and it turned out as being so because the Pats could not create a turnover of their own, which is the first time in 36 straight games. That's an amazing stat that will probably be an NFL record for years to come.  Turn to Bolden as the lead/power back or Vereen, please. Ridley needs to be scaled back and used less to reduce the risk of the fumble. Love his skill set his energy, etc, but we turned it over, Carolina didn't. Ball game.

Mankins.   I officially hate this hayseed. Get him out of here.  Every freaking game he does something stupid with a penalty or is one step away from starting a fight.  I cannot stand this guy.   Get him out of town in the offseason.  I have had it with him getting worse and worse every year and acting like he is some Pro Bowler.

Injuries.  Hate to say it, but Talib and Arrington were nursing their issues by the end of the game, which is something we just can't have going on next Sunday night.

Overall, it's an NFC loss, so it's not as bad as losing next week to Denver.   I cannot imagine the Pats will be in a very good mood next week when Denver shows up here with their entitled selves.

[/QUOTE]

Good post - thanks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If it's holding, it''s 10 yards at the 13.

If it's PI, it's 1st and goal from the 1. Illegal contact, I believe is only 10 yards, too, not a spot foul.

All I can think of is the PI call on Sergio Brown in 2011 in Week 3 in Buffalo towards the end of the game. He was facing Nelson, not touching him at all in the end zone and Fitzpatrick threw up a desperation duck. Nelson tried to run for it out of the end zone back towards the field, but ran into Brown. 1st and goal and everyone raced into blame Brown.   I can see why the call was made, but now when it's our turn to get that call in such egregious fashion, not only do we not get it, but they call it and then change their minds!

Unprecedented and almost unreal to watch outside of a WWE event.

In this case, this was so egregious from Kuechly, it's the easiest call to make.  It was made and then some creepy official comes from across the field to over-rule the guy standing 5 yards from the penalty?

All I want is a statement from the NFL saying how the non-call and the handling was clearly wrong.

Just admit it and move on instead of lining up all these retired refs who get paid to deflect and defend Goodell and his henchmen.  That's what bothers me as a paying customer. Don't treat the fans like morons when you know your employees made a clear error.

It's awkward to watch.

[/QUOTE]

im pretty sure Defensive holding and illegal contact are just 5 yard penalties and auto 1st down. but yes if the NFL came out and said they effed up that would be nice. agree with the whole post

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

Obviously, the day after such a creepy end to a very good game, is becoming more and more the norm in the Goodell NFL.  What I find disturbing is a ref like Jerry Austin or any of these blatantly obvious Pats haters, saying "the ball was not catchable" or "Gronk did not sell it enough". 

It's not a receiver's job to sell anything. It's the refs' job to get the call right and no legit football analyst fan can say that was the right call. There is no argument.  The flag was thrown because it was so egregious and then the ref's explanation as to why the flag was picked up doesn't support Holding or Illegal Contact, either a serviceable call for that play.

So, all these anti-Pats morons like Carter, Polian, Merriroid, etc, can all turn in their badges for being unprofessional analysts and liars who don't know the rules.

This is one day after SF got jobbed with a LB simply tackling Brees with a normal, textbook football hit. Why do the refs involve themselves so egrgiously in these games now?

Why?  Are they on the take?  Are they told to create a call to favor one team if they need to when they can, for the team Vegas wants to win?  I am dead serious. We see this in the NBA, frankly, because with how that sport works, it's easy to shift games with foul or non foul calls.

Facts:  That was either holding by Kuechly has he rode Gronk all the way into the end zone or illegal contact on the impedement of Gronk trying to come back for the ball.

It does not have to be just a PI play.  Regardless, the ball was clearly catchable if he wasn't blocked by Kuechly and if he dove to try to catch it.  Once I saw Kuechly do that, I realized why Gronk had a quiet game. He was being mugged like that all game long in man coverage.  Makes sense.  A team that plays zone, plays man and mugs Gronk as the gameplan.    I think that is what Carlolina did. I only saw a few off play situations where Gronk was not targeted, but it appeared to be man coverages, most of the night. Give Carolina credit for doing that because Brady would have shredded their zone.

If this is the only way teams can beat us, at their home stadium, with the refs changing rules during the game or on the last plays, I sure like our odds in the future and for karma to come back around. This cannot continue with Goodell because it will look more and more obvious with how he has this league set up and his obsession trying to promote teams that have not been successful in the past.

Good Stuff:

I thought the team played a good road game overall. That was a SB for Carolina, not having a night game there in like 5 or 6 years, the media hype around them, etc, and I liked how NE kept it close in the first half and then took the game over in the second half.  Overall, good, solid road game with a very disturbing ending that will be talked about all week if not longer.

The Run D was outstanding. I believe Williams had a total of 17 yards.  Nice job there and not allowing any big, gamechanging plays to Newton. He had that 1 scramble, yes.  Nice play, but overall they didn't use their run game to control the game, especially in the second half where NE took momentum.

The offense was balanced and they continued to run it. I would have preferred a bit more running in a game like that, but overall good job spreading the ball around and keeping the balance. By far and away, Brady's best road game and maybe game of the season.

Carolina's D is supposed to be so great, but if Ridley does not fumble, you could be looking at a runaway based on how the offense was dictating in certain parts of the game.  No panic, no forced throws, take the sack when you need to, etc.  

Amendola was clutch again as was Thompkins in limited duty. Good job by Blount as well after Ridley needed to be pulled. It's amazing how dynamic Vereen is.  The offense has another level with him out there.  Cannon, Wendell, Connolly, etc, also had nice games overall.

On D, excellent work  by Sopoanga anchoring the run D.  You didn't hear his name called a lot, but it makes the other young D Linemen better.   They missed some sacks and a couple contain plays on Newton, but that is the athlete Newton is. Overall, they took away their best stuff and that is their overall run game. 

Harmon, a nice game as a starter.  

Bad Stuff:

Ridley.   I have been saying to turn to Bolden for a while now and this is why. In the game thread, I turned to AvvyBoston and said "that fumble might be the game", and it turned out as being so because the Pats could not create a turnover of their own, which is the first time in 36 straight games. That's an amazing stat that will probably be an NFL record for years to come.  Turn to Bolden as the lead/power back or Vereen, please. Ridley needs to be scaled back and used less to reduce the risk of the fumble. Love his skill set his energy, etc, but we turned it over, Carolina didn't. Ball game.

Mankins.   I officially hate this hayseed. Get him out of here.  Every freaking game he does something stupid with a penalty or is one step away from starting a fight.  I cannot stand this guy.   Get him out of town in the offseason.  I have had it with him getting worse and worse every year and acting like he is some Pro Bowler.

Injuries.  Hate to say it, but Talib and Arrington were nursing their issues by the end of the game, which is something we just can't have going on next Sunday night.

Overall, it's an NFC loss, so it's not as bad as losing next week to Denver.   I cannot imagine the Pats will be in a very good mood next week when Denver shows up here with their entitled selves.

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%

Would also like to see more of 1-2-3 punch with Blount/Bolden/Ridley. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the entire game was filled with big penalties like that.  It was kind of sickening...  but it seemed the calls were legitamite when you see the replay...

That brings me to my next point which is that these calls will be reviewed in the future...   They have to be .   That is the only way to stop this outrage that games are being decided by these botched judgment calls that are not reviewable...  WHy Not...?

If you review the bagjob call  ( and maybe the criteria is that it is game deciding...)  The review will show the endzone view that we saw and the call of intreference is made pure and simple...  Also from that view you  can see the ball coming in ... and Gronk had an angle on it if he could turn into it ( not interfered with),.. 

So looking at it that way like an official looking at the replays...  1st and goal at the 1.

[/QUOTE]

If it's PI, it's 1st and goal from the 1. Illegal contact, I believe is only 10 yards, too, not a spot foul.

All I can think of is the PI call on Sergio Brown in 2011 in Week 3 in Buffalo towards the end of the game. He was facing Nelson, not touching him at all in the end zone and Fitzpatrick threw up a desperation duck. Nelson tried to run for it out of the end zone back towards the field, but ran into Brown. 1st and goal and everyone raced into blame Brown.   I can see why the call was made, but now when it's our turn to get that call in such egregious fashion, not only do we not get it, but they call it and then change their minds!

In this case, this was so egregious from Kuechly, it's the easiest call to make.  It was made and then some creepy official comes from across the field to over-rule the guy standing 5 yards from the penalty?

All I want is a statement from the NFL saying how the non-call and the handling was clearly wrong.

Just admit it and move on instead of lining up all these retired refs who get paid to deflect and defend Goodell and his henchmen.  That's what bothers me as a paying customer. Don't treat the fans like morons when you know your employees made a clear error.

It's awkward to watch.

[/QUOTE]

I thought of that play too...  Since it was a desperation throw and the announcer saw it coming and said "oh no... " as he was throwing it up for grabs into double coverage....
     sergio just "got in the way" so to speak , interference,  but the ball was picked off by mccourty so it was exactly like this play since it was picked off...  People have been making a big deal about that and see the point to an extent but now the shoe is on the other foot and murphy's law  ... 

........  WE GOT SCREWED BOTH TIMES, BOTH WAYS................   Anti pats agenda rearing its ugly head.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's awkward to watch.

[/QUOTE]

I thought of that play too...  Since it was a desperation throw and the announcer saw it coming and said "oh no... " as he was throwing it up for grabs into double coverage....
     sergio just "got in the way" so to speak , interference,  but the ball was picked off by mccourty so it was exactly like this play since it was picked off...  People have been making a big deal about that and see the point to an extent but now the shoe is on the other foot and murphy's law  ... 

........  WE GOT SCREWED BOTH TIMES, BOTH WAYS................   Anti pats agenda rearing its ugly head.

[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to add that it is possible to look at it like...  "it was uncatchable BECAUSE somebody else caught it..."  (not the other way around).

Meaning , even though it was pass interference the fact that it was pass interference and an interception kind of offsets the penalty... or the interception supercedes the ability to have caught it regardless of the interference."

But of course I'm rewriting the rulebook...  It's not written like that.   

So, 1st and gaol at the 1.    AZSholes ... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady played well.  If he plays well and I say so, you'll always like what I have to say, Diapers.

Nothing I have typed above is inaccurate, IMO.   

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, you're being right is a miracle Megatool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady played well.  If he plays well and I say so, you'll always like what I have to say, Diapers.

Nothing I have typed above is inaccurate, IMO.   

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, you're being right is a miracle Megatool.

[/QUOTE]

Your wee-wee actually still working properly is what the miracle is.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure wee-wees are a very big part of your life dumbkoff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

Diapers.

[/QUOTE]

Why you go there? No board bullying and calling members names. haven't you learned fromthe Dolphins bullying fiasco?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Diapers.

[/QUOTE]

Why you go there? No board bullying and calling members names. haven't you learned from the Dolphins bullying fiasco?

[/QUOTE]

It's just part of his hate speech. You have to draw the line at that sort of thing. Otherwise I would be calling him a bend-over boy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Gotta give you credit Russ, you did say that to me. I had a similar feeling that Ridley' fumble would come back to bite us in the balls and it did. Even if we just get a FG on that drive, the offense is driving down the field with 1 minute going for a FG instead of a TD. It sucks how one mistake like that can really affect a team towards the end of the game.

I agree with most of your post...good write up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'll be honest, if we do not have both Talib and Dennard for the Broncos, and if Gregory is still out (which I think he will be?), I think we will have a very difficult time winning unless the offense can light up Denver's D (which is possible). This is not a knock on the D, there just comes a point where so many injuries cannot be overcome.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rusty thanks. Don't agree with everything you posted and not time to nitpick about it now but this was one of the best things you have ever posted here, very well written and a good showcase for your knowledge. 

You should do one of these after every game you are inspired to do so. 

Sections
Shortcuts