Thoughts on the Miracle Yesterday and Going Forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Thoughts on the Miracle Yesterday and Going Forward

Lucky lucky lucky. should have never been in that one. but i will go on the record saying the PI call might have been bad. but it was still iffy. all i know is if the call wasn't made i still think TB leads us downfiield for another GW TD.

Defense-

Chandler Jones & Nink need to create better pass rush. Jones has seemed to of disappeared last few weeks and Nink hasnt made that clutch strip or sack as he was doing last year.. that leads us to,

the secondary. with no legitimate rush right now, the secondary is getting torched. we still struggle with tall  and phsyical TEs. mostly their play can be contributed to bad pass rush but they still find ways to give up 3rd and forever's which really irks me.

the LBs. actually thought hightower played alot better compared to the last two weeks. the run D in general was a huge improvment. i really like what i saw but STILL these LBs (Spikes & Hightower) cannot cover. i want to see more Collins & Fletcher going forward.

Offense-

O-line. sorry. they have been way too inconsistent this year. yday was no exception. brady had pressure in his face all 1st half and most second half too. there is a real need for improvement there and Cannon needs to return. Solder and Wendell are killing us.

the running game was very good yesterday and sadly we didnt run the ball enough to me. Blount ran his best all year yesterday and Ridley didnt look bad either. keep feeding the Rbs the ball going forward.

passing game. a lot of drops. TB  made a couple shaky throws but besides that his play can be on the no protection and amount of drops there were. this will need to improve going forward.

Future Thoughts-

this season has been wild. add gronk to the list. actually board:

Name me a team who loses 5 (six w/ Hernandez) Pro Bowlers and is 10-3? i cant do it

Tom Brady for what he has had to deal with is having a great year. The defense now needs to somehow find a pass rrush and get back to carrying us to victories. the offense will probably struggle mightily w/o Gronk.

Vereen is our best matchup threat moving forward and he will probably be the key and catalyst to our offense.

Danny Amendola NEEDS TO STEP UP. i fully expect teams to put alll attention on  JE and Vereen so that leaves DA with the best matchup for success probably. he will need to be big. same goes for the O-line. they need to play some consistent ball for once.

With BB and TB we still have a shot at a ring this year guys.. can never count out these two. this team has a sense of destiny to me for some reason... cant explain it they just do. hope im right

saw a great line today to keep in mind for a driving force "if Tom Brady wins a Super Bowl with the hand he is dealt now, he will easily go down as the greatest QB in NFL history"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Thoughts on the Miracle Yesterday and Going Forward

I don't think ANYONE feels sorry for the Pats and their current situation.  What they do feel is how are the Pats 10 - 3?! 

Other than the obligatory troll who says it is the doing of favorable referee calls and other machinations of the league to jury rig the schedule and make it easy on the Pats, the team simply just keeps on plugging away!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

That wasn't a miracle, that was BB, Josh Mcdaniels and Tom Brady doing what they are capable of doing no matter how many injuries we incur.  Things do not look good for this yesr but we have proven we can never be counted out. 

Here is a thought. Resiliency means more then the ability to just blow teams out when it comes to playoff football.  This team has resiliency! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Good post, Joe, IMO.  I would add that Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce now have a shot at making real contributions.  Obviously Dobson and Thompkins need to get healthy but I thought Boyce showed a lot yesterday.  Real opportunities for the young guys to step up.

Blount came to the team with the rep of a finesse runner in a ground-pounder body.  Increasingly, and most particularly yesterday, I thought he showed what kind of a power runner he can be.  

Both Develin and Mulligan appear to have something to offer.  Opportunities, although somewhat limited, for them as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That wasn't a miracle, that was BB, Josh Mcdaniels and Tom Brady doing what they are capable of doing no matter how many injuries we incur.  Things do not look good for this yesr but we have proven we can never be counted out. 

Here is a thought. Resiliency means more then the ability to just blow teams out when it comes to playoff football.  This team has resiliency! 

[/QUOTE]

hellyes! and ok, it wasnt a miracle but we can agree that this Pats team had no business winning this game down 2 scores with 2 minutes left and one timeout!

Great onside by Gostkowski he is in the frontrunning for team MVP!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely - abso - f**kin - lutely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good post, Joe, IMO.  I would add that Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce now have a shot at making real contributions.  Obviously Dobson and Thompkins need to get healthy but I thought Boyce showed a lot yesterday.  Real opportunities for the young guys to step up.

Blount came to the team with the rep of a finesse runner in a ground-pounder body.  Increasingly, and most particularly yesterday, I thought he showed what kind of a power runner he can be.  

Both Develin and Mulligan appear to have something to offer.  Opportunities, although somewhat limited, for them as well.

[/QUOTE]

thank you, also very true. all the attention will be going on Edelman and Vereen imo. so Amendola, dobson, KT, Boyce, Collie, whoever! we just need the next man up to step up here!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% of your description of Blount coming in and have also noticed the change, but I hope to only see him in a limited role. I feel strongly that with Gronk out, Ridley and Vareen as a 1-2 punch will give us the best chance on offense. Work them and hope Dobson or KT can help fill a gaping redzone void. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great Points and what ive been preaching since beginning of season. Denver are paper chumps and likely not gonna go anywhere seeing as they have had their full compliment and not much adversity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

This team is operating on heart and courage. There is no stronger force and nothing makes me more proud.

Can it take us to win a Superbowl? The question is really irrelevant because we are talking about powerful internal human qualities and these do not easily quantify into specific results. It is not just about winning; it is about playing all out as a team, making due with what they have and turning that into something great.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

As far as Tom Brady has time and ball in hand, the Pats always have a chance to win game because He is an elite QB and he is a Tom Brady.

The Pats players were out V. Wilfolk,J. Mayo,S.  Vollmer, Big Gronks, (A. Hernandez jail), Welker to the Broncos, they are still at the top of the AFC east.  Very impressive!!!

The O-Line need to work harder to protect TB and create a hole for RBs committee.  The main weapon that TB has now is Vereen, Ederman, Amendola, therefore, Ridley needs a super glue glove to hold the ball and Blount, Bolden need to step up.  K.T., A.D. and J.B. the three muskeeteers rookies need to bring the A games in the absent of Big TE Gronks in order for the Pats to keep playing in January.  This is the tough task and misssion impossible.

Believe in yourself and your team mates, the Pats will do it again like their first one's  in 2001.

Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YES

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lucky lucky lucky. should have never been in that one. but i will go on the record saying the PI call might have been bad. but it was still iffy. all i know is if the call wasn't made i still think TB leads us downfiield for another GW TD.

Defense-

Chandler Jones & Nink need to create better pass rush. Jones has seemed to of disappeared last few weeks and Nink hasnt made that clutch strip or sack as he was doing last year.. that leads us to,

the secondary. with no legitimate rush right now, the secondary is getting torched. we still struggle with tall  and phsyical TEs. mostly their play can be contributed to bad pass rush but they still find ways to give up 3rd and forever's which really irks me.

the LBs. actually thought hightower played alot better compared to the last two weeks. the run D in general was a huge improvment. i really like what i saw but STILL these LBs (Spikes & Hightower) cannot cover. i want to see more Collins & Fletcher going forward.

Offense-

O-line. sorry. they have been way too inconsistent this year. yday was no exception. brady had pressure in his face all 1st half and most second half too. there is a real need for improvement there and Cannon needs to return. Solder and Wendell are killing us.

the running game was very good yesterday and sadly we didnt run the ball enough to me. Blount ran his best all year yesterday and Ridley didnt look bad either. keep feeding the Rbs the ball going forward.

passing game. a lot of drops. TB  made a couple shaky throws but besides that his play can be on the no protection and amount of drops there were. this will need to improve going forward.

Future Thoughts-

Name me a team who loses 5 (six w/ Hernandez) Pro Bowlers and is 10-3? i cant do it

Tom Brady for what he has had to deal with is having a great year. The defense now needs to somehow find a pass rrush and get back to carrying us to victories. the offense will probably struggle mightily w/o Gronk.

Vereen is our best matchup threat moving forward and he will probably be the key and catalyst to our offense.

Danny Amendola NEEDS TO STEP UP. i fully expect teams to put alll attention on  JE and Vereen so that leaves DA with the best matchup for success probably. he will need to be big. same goes for the O-line. they need to play some consistent ball for once.

With BB and TB we still have a shot at a ring this year guys.. can never count out these two. this team has a sense of destiny to me for some reason... cant explain it they just do. hope im right

saw a great line today to keep in mind for a driving force "if Tom Brady wins a Super Bowl with the hand he is dealt now, he will easily go down as the greatest QB in NFL history"

[/QUOTE]

AGREE ON EVERYTHING. HIghtower made 2 plays that told me he was atleast engagesd and into the game. Hope he keeps it up. Lets give Danny a pass tho'. He DID catch the game winning pass and we DID said we just wanted him to be clutch. The lack of chemistry could be because Brady wants him to be wes and maybe wes was a superior defense reader and route runner compared to Danny or maybe Danny aint that bright but we need him and he aint cost us a game yet so he fine...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hellyes! and ok, it wasnt a miracle but we can agree that this Pats team had no business winning this game down 2 scores with 2 minutes left and one timeout!

Great onside by Gostkowski he is in the frontrunning for team MVP!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely that game was more out of reach then the Denver game because of lack of time for the come back, and Ghost onside kick was perfectly executed! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% of your description of Blount coming in and have also noticed the change, but I hope to only see him in a limited role. I feel strongly that with Gronk out, Ridley and Vareen as a 1-2 punch will give us the best chance on offense. Work them and hope Dobson or KT can help fill a gaping redzone void. 

[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. Ridley blows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

It was a miracle yesterday between the onsides kick and the probability at one point 2% chance of winning.  Not sure how they calculate that but it means it shouldn't happen.  ( 1 chance in 50 ...  like calling a card and pulling it cold from a deck of 52.)

Miracles always end hard...  like the bubble bursting ...cinderella story...  etc.  Fact is that is what we are seeing and will see more of going forward...  unless a dramatic shift of strategy can take place where the offense can start attacking the entire field on every snap.   The vanilla must stop for this team to loosen up and start enjoying themselves playing this game of football. 

Gather up those lemons and start making lemonade...  says coooolade...  loooosen up.  The whole offense looks tight like they are forcing it or fighting it,  or both.  Figure it out McD.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AGREE ON EVERYTHING. HIghtower made 2 plays that told me he was atleast engagesd and into the game. Hope he keeps it up. Lets give Danny a pass tho'. He DID catch the game winning pass and we DID said we just wanted him to be clutch. The lack of chemistry could be because Brady wants him to be wes and maybe wes was a superior defense reader and route runner compared to Danny or maybe Danny aint that bright but we need him and he aint cost us a game yet so he fine...

[/QUOTE]

i guess i guess i just dont see him getting open enough on a consistent basis.. maybe the groin isnt 100% (strong possibility)... but he will be needed a lot more coming up with attention probably going to be focused on JE.... but you are right, he does make clutch plays! (week 1 buffalo best example) also on JE's TD, Amendola was WIDEEE open and TB missed that he made that Td harder than it had to be but hey, he got it done!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Pats are playing with fire.  In the post season, they'll be down in the second half, make a strong come back, oly to fall short of a miracle.

This is the exact opposite of past years when they would get a big lead in the first half and tried to hold on.  And they usually would hold on for the win, until they got to the post season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The team and every individual will need to step up again and again. We have a lot of weapons. They all have to man up. Even more so the O line. Even more so Wendell and Connolly and Solder and Canon and Svitek.

No turnovers (that includes TB). Better blocking... separation running routes... no dropped balls... some big time catches....

ANd the D will need to man up too. Big plays. ANd dont give up any big plays... turnovers...

This team somehow (thank you BB for building a resilient team) still looks like that can be dangerous. In fact, this may be the team no one will want to face. It is too dangerous...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Defense-

Offense-

Future Thoughts-

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny made more than one big catch yesterday. Even if he is not catching 6-10 passes his plays can be hugely important.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Maybe a team with no stand out star skill position players are what we need? Throwing a big 1st down to the FB reminded me of the dynasty offense, in regard to utilizing all the positions to move the ball. This might make it difficult for a defense to key in on any 1 player....or we might look like we did the first 6 games of the season and sux really bad, but I don't think that will happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

The Pats are playing with fire.  In the post season, they'll be down in the second half, make a strong come back, only to fall short of a miracle.

This is the exact opposite of past years when they would get a big lead in the first half and tried to hold on.  And they usually would hold on for the win, until they got to the post season.

I would agree if this was a normal season. It isn't. All the other post season teams are just as injured and flawed. The Pats still have as good a chance as anyone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I would agree if this was a normal season. It isn't. All the other post season teams are just as injured and flawed. The Pats still have as good a chance as anyone.

[/QUOTE]

true, many teams have injuries this year but we've lost 5 borderline probowler 3 of them are! i doubt any team has lost as much as us!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Defense-

Offense-

Future Thoughts-

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny made more than one big catch yesterday. Even if he is not catching 6-10 passes his plays can be hugely important.

[/QUOTE]

Actually I watched the come back again, and Danny was open quite a few times where Brady had already hit someone else, including the back end zone td to Julian. Danny broke left and was 2 steps ahead of his defender. Coincidentally it was the same route but opposite side he used for his game winning td catch. Danny might step up and help carry this offense the rest of the year!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]

Defense-

Offense-

Future Thoughts-

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, but It's better you said it first... ha.

Sections
Shortcuts