Thoughts on the play that broke Gronk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Thoughts on the play that broke Gronk

Its big, but not as bad if 81 returning like I think. Im more worried about Chandler Jones because he is really the only legit pass rusher we have where as we have plenty of options for Brady after Gronk...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to eghirarduzzi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thoughts on Gronk even being put in the position to be injured on such a meaningless play ?  We are blowing their doors off, to the point even our D wont give up that many points, and Gronk is in blocking on the last extra point attempt when he hadnt even been in for the whole drive ?

[/QUOTE]

IN fairness, the extra point attempt is the last place you expect to get hurt and the fact he didnt play on the drive doesnt matter because Gronk plays special teams. he is always in on the extra point and that wouldnt change if it was close or out of hand. Just a bad break, no pun intended but one we can def. overcome. Im more concerned about C.Jones. I think the Gronk injury is a blessing because he was so beat up, no way he makes it to playoffs healthy and now with his arm injured he can rest his whole body and that ankle and be 100% or close it to come playoff time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts on Gronk even being put in the position to be injured on such a meaningless play ?  We are blowing their doors off, to the point even our D wont give up that many points, and Gronk is in blocking on the last extra point attempt when he hadnt even been in for the whole drive ?

[/QUOTE]

well when u run up the score...

did they take brady out? if not they should have... i mean why risk injuries with huge leads?

[/QUOTE]

Jints, what a RIDICULOUS response.  Injuries could happen on the first play of the game or the last.  What would you say then?  Your response rang of typical Pats hate calling it running up the score.  As Ditka said this morning on the radio..  Is it the Pats responsibility to NOT score?  No, it is the responsibility of the opponent's D to STOP you!!  Did anyone say BOO when the Ravens scored 55 last week?  NOPE!!  Typical focus on the Pats and the hate rains down!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Jints piles on when they lose....criticizes when they run up the score and win.........feeds into the frenzy of a bad decision...just wish they still had the ignore button. He's no different than MasterHess and probably the same person.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And players blow their knees out in practice so does that mean the starters shouldn't practice? It was a fluke. Nobody is hitting hard on extra points that late in the game in a blowout.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of Monday morning Quarterbacking.  There are not enough players on a roster to bring in a new team of players in blowouts.  Gronk was there because he was the best at that position.  The Patriots don't have a "We don't want to try that hard team" sitting on the sidelines ready to replace players.

I always think of the 2001 Steelers when people want all the Jags to play special teams.  Pittsburgh was the top seed in 2001, but Cowher refused to play starters on special teams as a result their special teams stunk. 

During the first game of the playoffs against the Patriots the Pats only scored one offensive TD.  They scored 17 points on special teams (Blocked field goal return for TD, Punt Return TD, and Field goal) to win 24-17.

[/QUOTE]

You are far too intelligent for this board

[/QUOTE]

In see the usual pink helmets like Babe whining. It was a fluke injury and a fluke injury can happen at any time before, during or after a game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

did they take brady out? if not they should have... i mean why risk injuries with huge leads?

[/QUOTE]

Jints, what a RIDICULOUS response.  Injuries could happen on the first play of the game or the last.  What would you say then?  Your response rang of typical Pats hate calling it running up the score.  As Ditka said this morning on the radio..  Is it the Pats responsibility to NOT score?  No, it is the responsibility of the opponent's D to STOP you!!  Did anyone say BOO when the Ravens scored 55 last week?  NOPE!!  Typical focus on the Pats and the hate rains down!

[/QUOTE]

It's not ridiculous when it comes from one of the Jets trolls it's typical.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of Monday morning Quarterbacking.  There are not enough players on a roster to bring in a new team of players in blowouts.  Gronk was there because he was the best at that position.  The Patriots don't have a "We don't want to try that hard team" sitting on the sidelines ready to replace players.

I always think of the 2001 Steelers when people want all the Jags to play special teams.  Pittsburgh was the top seed in 2001, but Cowher refused to play starters on special teams as a result their special teams stunk. 

During the first game of the playoffs against the Patriots the Pats only scored one offensive TD.  They scored 17 points on special teams (Blocked field goal return for TD, Punt Return TD, and Field goal) to win 24-17.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In see the usual pink helmets like Babe whining. It was a fluke injury and a fluke injury can happen at any time before, during or after a game.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Rusty. Good thinking bringing in your fake glenr account. You've been getting really trashed around here lately.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

Peter King is a born Munson.

The Patriots aren’t that good.  It’s not like 2007.  They are not demolishing teams start to finish.  How else could Dan The Man say the Colts won the first half despite the score?   They still need to work things out on offense, but all people ever talk about is the score.  The 1st Bills game and this one were not blow outs, either was the Rams.  They got key turnovers on teams that were moving the ball.  So the offense needs to be out there to work on stuff, as does every other team, special and defense. 

People like Peter King are the same people that talk about “just being a football player,” and herald guys who play special teams as well.  Then they take any opportunity to fault coaches that do let them play, if they get injured.  Butkus played special teams because he liked it.  So does Gronk.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dumb. The more plays you are on the field, the greater the chance of an injury.

You don't use your 2nd most valuable asset probably at all on special teams, much less late in a blowout.

Same goes for using their 3rd most valuable asset for returning kickoffs. Same goes for keeping Brady in late in a blowout.

The whole world knows this is dumb and has said so for years and years. So now the misbegotten practice has bit us.

[/QUOTE]

This may be the least cogent point you've ever made on this board.  Gronk was on the field because he is part of the PAT team.  He would have been on the field even if the "starters" were sitting for the regular drive, and Mallet & co. got them in the endzone.  A PAT is the second least dangerous play in the game (right after the kneel-down), and no coach... EVER... has a "backup" PAT squad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This from Peter King when he talked to Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy.

Coaches have 45 active players each game. They don't have a "second team'' of the point-after-try unit. The PAT is one of the most risk-free plays in football. Rodney Harrison, the former Patriots safety now in the NBC studio with me on Sunday nights, didn't get taken off the kickoff team in routs. And Tony Dungy, who coached the Colts and Bucs, told me: "Jeff Saturday was my right guard on the PAT team, and I'd never think of taking him off. All my years in football, I never heard anyone, never heard Chuck Noll saying, 'Well, we better get Jack Ham off the PAT team.' It's not something I'd question."

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

one thing Sheeny is not is "far too intelligent" for anything

[/QUOTE]

And how about the quote from Tony Dungy saying he's never heard of a coach pulling a player from the PAT team?  Saying he never heard it from Knoll?  So you think Parcells pulled players from the PAT team?  Coughlin?

Those are just HOF coaches, but go ahead- you probably know better.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't understand why any star player is on the field, much less on a freakin' extra point, with a huge lead

the proof me and babe and a few others are correct is what cold have happened is exactly what did happen: u lost ur star TE,aybe the best one in the game

suppose he was out for the rest of the year and playoffs? guess that 59th point was that important then...hey, as a giants fan, if we are up by 25-30 pts I don't want any starters out there, especially the top 2 or 3

[/QUOTE]

October 10th 2010 NYG vs HOU

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=301010034&period=4

Why Do the Giants have Eli passing out of the shotgun up by three scores with ten minutes to play?

Why is Justin Tuck, Cofield, Boley, and Thomas (all Starters) still playing on defense up by 23 points with 4 minutes left in the game?

I guess you think Eli and Tuck, Cofield, Boley, and Thomas should have been injured too, right?

New York Giants at 10:02

1st and 10 at NYG 27 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass deep right to S.Smith pushed ob at HST 28 for 45 yards (T.Nolan).    

1st and 15 at HOU 33 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to H.Nicks to HST 26 for 7 yards (G.Quin, B.Pollard).    

2nd and 8 at HOU 26 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short right to H.Nicks to HST 17 for 9 yards (G.Quin).    

1st and 10 at HOU 17 A.Bradshaw right tackle to HST 20 for -3 yards (Z.Diles, E.Mitchell).    

2nd and 13 at HOU 20 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete deep right to K.Boss.    

3rd and 13 at HOU 20 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to A.Bradshaw to HST 11 for 9 yards (B.Pollard). Penalty on NYG-C.Snee, Offensive Holding, declined.    

1st and 6 at HOU 6 A.Bradshaw right end to HST 1 for 5 yards (B.Pollard, S.Cody).    

2nd and 1 at HOU 1 B.Jacobs right end to HST 4 for -3 yards (D.Ryans; T.Nolan).    

3rd and 4 at HOU 4 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to S.Smith for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 33 10   L.Tynes extra point is GOOD, Center-Z.DeOssie, Holder-S.Rosenfels. 34 10  

L.Tynes kicks 69 yards from NYG 30 to HST 1. S.Slaton to HST 17 for 16 yards (J.Pierre-Paul).    

DRIVE TOTALS: NYG 34, HOU 10, 9 plays, 72 yards, 5:12 elapsed

Houston Texans at 4:50

NYGHOU 1st and 10 at HOU 17 A.Foster right end pushed ob at HST 26 for 9 yards (K.Phillips).   

2nd and 1 at HOU 26 A.Foster left end to HST 32 for 6 yards (B.Cofield).    

1st and 10 at HOU 32 M.Schaub pass short middle to A.Johnson to HST 38 for 6 yards (M.Boley)  

2nd and 4 at HOU 38 S.Slaton right tackle to HST 34 for -4 yards (L.Joseph; J.Tuck).    

3rd and 8 at HOU 34 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete deep right to D.Anderson [D.Tollefson].   

4th and 8 at HOU 34 (Shotgun) A.Foster left end to HST 35 for 1 yard (T.Thomas).    

DRIVE TOTALS: NYG 34, HOU 10, 6 plays, 18 yards, 2:10 elapsed

New York Giants at 2:40

1st and 10 at HOU 35 B.Jacobs left end to HST 21 for 14 yards (T.Nolan, E.Mitchell).  

1st and 10 at HOU 21 E.Manning kneels to HST 22 for -1 yards.    

2nd and 11 at HOU 22 E.Manning kneels to HST 23 for -1 yards.    

3rd and 12 at HOU 23 E.Manning kneels to HST 24 for -1 yards.      

End of Game

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well hindsight is always 20/20......sure we wish he wouldnt have been out there, but freak injuries happen unfortunately.....at least hernandez should be back soon and shiancoe is back. wouldnt be surprised if branch was back this week as well.