Thoughts on the play that broke Gronk

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Re: Thoughts on the play that broke Gronk

During football season, football players play football.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Tedy Bruschi thinks all of the whiners are full of it:

You always leave your starters in on the P.A.T., even on the field-goal block team. When I was playing defense and we were blowing out an opponent, you were told, "You're out of the game now, Tedy, but you're still on the field goal block team." It's just the way it is in football.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/46155

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

During football season, football players play football.

[/QUOTE]

well we have another einstein here

gee i thought they played volleyball (rolls eyes)

[/QUOTE]

It's a Parcells quote.  Figured a Giants fan would get that.

The point being, while you may try to reduce high-risk plays, you can't reduce ALL risk during the season for these guys.  A PAT is the epitome of a low risk play, and there is NO reason to take a player off the field for it.  Arguing otherwise is moronic.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe if Gronk took the PAT seriously. the guy across from him most certainly did,maybe he would be playing on Thursday night!?

Gronk took a play off and paid for it. I'm glad he's hurt. Teach him a valuable lesson.I'm a lifelong Jets fan!

[/QUOTE]

thats great, the jets are still going to get their a.sses whooped.....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You always leave your starters in on the P.A.T., even on the field-goal block team. When I was playing defense and we were blowing out an opponent, you were told, "You're out of the game now, Tedy, but you're still on the field goal block team." It's just the way it is in football.

[/QUOTE]

thats typical jock bulls**t...i am kind of agreeing with hess here, such unnecessary  macho stupidity almost asks to answered

[/QUOTE]

of course you agree with hess, you both hate the patriots

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Leon if the jets get beat thursday, you better be here friday after all the sh.it you are talking....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thats typical jock bulls**t...i am kind of agreeing with hess here, such unnecessary  macho stupidity almost asks to answered

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

untrue would have said it if any other team or former player said it

to me it's a football matter not an anti-pats matter

[/QUOTE]

do i think it may be dumb to leave gronk in there? yes, but disrespectful? he.ll no. the colts were still slinging the ball around the field and so were the patriots...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

Gronk got himself hurt by taking the paly off and now is out for a few weeks. he hurt his team and his teammates but once again ALL of ne gives the guy a break.

He's on the sidelines now and he deserves to be for taking a play off!

[/QUOTE]

gronk had surgery already and i bet he is very upset with himself and with the injury, he will be ready for the playoffs....somewhere the jets wont be going....oh, and im sure you guys are all over revis for getting injured right? or how about holmes? you know the punk that let go of the ball before the play was over and gave the other team a TOUCHDOWN?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

do i think it may be dumb to leave gronk in there? yes, but disrespectful? he.ll no. the colts were still slinging the ball around the field and so were the patriots...

[/QUOTE]

did u honestly think the colts had any chance of stopping ur O even without Gronkowski yesterday? and i stick to me point that bb can be ruthless and this time it caught him

[/QUOTE]

it was a freak injury.....very unfortunate, but i dont think it "caught" BB.....but whatever think what you will.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

did u honestly think the colts had any chance of stopping ur O even without Gronkowski yesterday? and i stick to me point that bb can be ruthless and this time it caught him

[/QUOTE]

it was a freak injury.....very unfortunate, but i dont think it "caught" BB.....but whatever think what you will.

[/QUOTE]

I think if I were a Pats fan i would be pretty p-off today

[/QUOTE]

of course im p.issed off....but im not upset at BB or Gronk, im just upset that it happened because he is a key player on the team...freak injuries happen, its football. and like i said, hindsight is always 20/20....if gronk didnt get hurt on that play, noone would even mention that he was in on that play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

Good point Jints- If BB weren't running up the score again he would have Gronk for the rest of the year.

If Gronk took the play as seriously as the guy did across from him rather then taking the play off he would be playing. So many valuable lessons to be learned.

I love it that Gronk is out. I'm a Jets fan!

[/QUOTE]

well being a jets fan you never see your team run up the score, only your team getting the score run up on them....shut the fk up you worthless troll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

every player in the league has a chance of a career ending injury on every single play. he is hurt. it happens. its the nfl. not the coaches fault at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

[QUOTE]

Gronk got himself hurt by taking the paly off and now is out for a few weeks. he hurt his team and his teammates but once again ALL of ne gives the guy a break.

He's on the sidelines now and he deserves to be for taking a play off!

[/QUOTE]

wheres revis? oh yeah. u just got schooled son.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe if Gronk took the PAT seriously. the guy across from him most certainly did,maybe he would be playing on Thursday night!?

Gronk took a play off and paid for it. I'm glad he's hurt. Teach him a valuable lesson.I'm a lifelong Jets fan!

[/QUOTE]

maybe if revis took the play seriously, he would be playing. revis took a play off and paid for it. im glad he is hurt. teach him a valuable lesson. and im a lifelong pats fan.