Thoughts on the play that broke Gronk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Thoughts on the play that broke Gronk

I can't believe Belichick allows his star players to run out of the tunnel! What if the blow up helmet were to collapse on their heads and give them all concussions? Or what if they bumped into that oversized head on Pat Patriot and ruptured a spleen? Heck, that artificial turf is slippery. We're just lucky we don't see more high ankle sprains. And those cheerleaders are a groin pull waiting to happen! 

I want to see them all ride out on those motorized scooters old ladies drive at Walmart. Now that would be smart coaching.  And did you see Gronk walking down the stairs to the locker room without assistance? He coulda blown out his knee!  What is that idiot Belichick thinking?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Tedy Bruschi thinks all of the whiners are full of it:

You always leave your starters in on the P.A.T., even on the field-goal block team. When I was playing defense and we were blowing out an opponent, you were told, "You're out of the game now, Tedy, but you're still on the field goal block team." It's just the way it is in football.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/46155

thats typical jock bulls**t...i am kind of agreeing with hess here, such unnecessary  macho stupidity almost asks to answered

of course you agree with hess, you both hate the patriots

untrue would have said it if any other team or former player said it

to me it's a football matter not an anti-pats matter

do i think it may be dumb to leave gronk in there? yes, but disrespectful? he.ll no. the colts were still slinging the ball around the field and so were the patriots...

did u honestly think the colts had any chance of stopping ur O even without Gronkowski yesterday? and i stick to me point that bb can be ruthless and this time it caught him

it was a freak injury.....very unfortunate, but i dont think it "caught" BB.....but whatever think what you will.

I think if I were a Pats fan i would be pretty p-off today

I am a Pats fan and i am most certainly not p-offed today. It's football and it's his job. Any doubt I may have had was dispelled by Dungy and Harrison last night (and i did not have much doubt anyways because Bill demands 60 minutes a game and that may be why the Pats have survived injuries in the past). I would have preferred seeing Brady out one drive earlier but Bill does what he does for a reason and it works, so in Bill I trust when it comes to coaching decisiones.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

my thought is Gronk let his gaurd down during a laugher of a blow out. Hope this makes him more aware and professional going forward. sorry for the negativity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Most past and some present coaches have said even when A game is well in hand and they are resting starters, they still had to go in for P A T's anyways. It was a freak break. I was watching the game at the Pub here in Tucson, Az and I was sitting with a snowbird from Mass and he was saying on that last drive for the TD they should throw to Gronk one more time and get another TD. I noticed he wasn't in and commented that he shouldn't be in to avoid an injury. Well they score and he goes in for the PAT and bam!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think they should have the mercy rule in the NFL just like they do in Little League baseball.  If a team is up by 30 points at any point after the 2nd half starts, the ref calls the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well next year we will have Ballard to step right in.  This same discussion was hashed over when welker got hurt.  Next man up.  its how it is.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Someone needs to punch Jints and Underdog in the throat. I used to think Rusty was intolerable, and I still sorta feel that way, but he has been getting better.

Leon and PhatRex need to leave; I don't like them, and they're foolish. But at least they're obvious trolls. Jints and Underdog pretend to be reasonable, but deep down they're a bunch of front-running phonies. Much more annoying that an obvious troll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe they should just get rid of extra points!  Better yet, I hope they change it to flag football!

This whole discussion about why Gronk was even in there is foolish. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Like BB said if you take out a player like gronk and leave in another what does that say to the rest of the team. He also said if you can tell me who will get hurt ahead off time ill gladly take them out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:

Maybe if Gronk took the PAT seriously. the guy across from him most certainly did,maybe he would be playing on Thursday night!?

Gronk took a play off and paid for it. I'm glad he's hurt. Teach him a valuable lesson.I'm a lifelong Jets fan!

What a Jerk to say that you are glad somebody's hurt.  As much as I dislike you and the Jets, I don't wish any harm done to any of you but on the scoreboard.  

The Ignore Button can't come fast enough for me.  And remember, "what goes around comes around".  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Stuff happens, don't play scared.  Go for it on 4th and 2 if that is what you think you need to do.  As many times as teams have come back on us, there is NO amount of point cushion I am comfortable with.  Play till 0:00 as if you are down by 7.   It's how you win.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Anyone else think that the actual injury may have taken place on the Gronk TD catch when he hit the turf?  Wouldn't surprise me if that is what happened and it didn't really start to bother him until after the PAT.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Someone said Gronk is the 2nd most important player and shouldn't have been in. The problem I have with that statement is that Gost is the second most important and needs to be protected. That is Gronks job on the PAT unit, to protect the second most important scorer on the team. If you look at it that way, that the Patriots have their best guys at protecting Gost on the PAT unit then, yeah, it is worth it. 

Sections
Shortcuts