Thoughts on the Show called the Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Thoughts on the Show called the Draft

I was totally unimpressed with the presentation and show of the draft last night. I thought it came off as amateur  hour there seemed to be no emotion or real excitement. Even the tribute to Boston, while emotional, came off poorly. For such a well oiled, PR rated business, I thought the show for round 1 was like watching Round 3 or 4 of previous years.

Please let me know if I am being too critical or if you had similar thoughts....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Thoughts on the Show called the Draft

Like watching paint dry.  Only purpose is to fill space between the ads.  

If the NFL is interested in making this show watchable, they should do two rounds the first night and speed the thing up.  Pace is way too slow.

As far as the Boston tribute, BB kind of left poor Joe Andruzzi and the league hanging . . . 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I find the attempt to turn what is in effect a meat market into an entertainment extravaganze is always a bit forced. The perp walk, the prime time segments, the bathos of the undrafted stars sitting alone, and the fan jubilation, and the inevitabe Jets and Giants fans booing their team's picks all leave me a little cold.

Analysis and announcement of picks is all I really want. And as for the panel- we get a little 'that was a surprise' but mostly it is how brilliant and talented each guy is.

I did appreciate them not showing the players talking on the phone prior to the actual announcement so they gave a little suspense to the commishes role again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Probably would have been in poor taste, but if Andruzzi wanted a good laugh he could have said . . .

"With the 29th pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Pats trade down to (holding up the jersey) pick number 617 . . ."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

I find the attempt to turn what is in effect a meat market into an entertainment extravaganze is always a bit forced. The perp walk, the prime time segments, the bathos of the undrafted stars sitting alone, and the fan jubilation, and the inevitabe Jets and Giants fans booing their team's picks all leave me a little cold.

Analysis and announcement of picks is all I really want. And as for the panel- we get a little 'that was a surprise' but mostly it is how brilliant and talented each guy is.

I did appreciate them not showing the players talking on the phone prior to the actual announcement so they gave a little suspense to the commishes role again.

I liked it better when it was on on Saturday.  You could turn on Mustard and Johnson on WEEI and get the updates as you were driving around doing errands.  The draft was perfect filler for that. 

Sections
Shortcuts