Thread Killers

Go to Red Sox Board for Explanation

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Thread Killers

No thanks. 

(Did I just kill the thread?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Thats just cause you don't have your papers from Red Sox nation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats just cause you don't have your papers from Red Sox nation.

[/QUOTE]

I was an original member of Red Sox Nation.  I had the card to prove it.  It think it cost $20 and we got discounts on tickets.

Now?  The Red Sox aren't about baseball.  They're about marketing.  I'm not interested. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You have to fight thru the BS Owners come and go, but the game and team will be there long after the present clowns, and us for that matter. Just don't throw money at them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The people who refuse to edit their "quote box" and end up posting messages that are ten feet long are for me the real thread killers around here. Two or three of those giant 10 footers in a row, and I am done. I dont care how interesting a thread is, I stop reading

Biggest offenders are Rusty and anyone with whom he gets into a long exchange, ie pezz, prolate0spheroid, Bustchise, karp, fletcherbrook (who may or may not be Bustchise), and old goat BabeParilli

42AND46 is also a big offender

There are others. I just cant think of them at the moment

I used to hope theyd reform themselves, but Ive given up on that ever happening. Maybe the Globe will improve the software? Meh, Ive given up on that too

I guess we are stuck with the status quo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I thought any thread started by commie pretty much killed itself...no one on this board writes more nonsense!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought any thread started by commie pretty much killed itself...no one on this board writes more nonsense!

[/QUOTE]

I think commie is the reason they don't name the OP in the thread list anymore. Almost everyone was avoiding his threads till they did that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I think commie is the reason they don't name the OP in the thread list anymore. Almost everyone was avoiding his threads till they did that. 

Well, his threads aren't that difficult to spot. Some jabro is (or isn't) walking through some door somewhere, according to unknown (to everyone, including Commie) sources. Or some variation thereof.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The people who refuse to edit their "quote box" and end up posting messages that are ten feet long are for me the real thread killers around here. Two or three of those giant 10 footers in a row, and I am done. I dont care how interesting a thread is, I stop reading

Biggest offenders are Rusty and anyone with whom he gets into a long exchange, ie pezz, prolate0spheroid, Bustchise, karp, fletcherbrook (who may or may not be Bustchise), and old goat BabeParilli

42AND46 is also a big offender

There are others. I just cant think of them at the moment

I used to hope theyd reform themselves, but Ive given up on that ever happening. Maybe the Globe will improve the software? Meh, Ive given up on that too

I guess we are stuck with the status quo

[/QUOTE]

It's a good reminder.  I try to remember to delete all but the last post but often forget. Part of the problem is that you don't see the top of the message in the small typing window, so you have to remember to scroll back up to the top to see if there's stuff to delete or if the message is actually a lot longer than it looks given the small portion you can see in the typing window.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The people who refuse to edit their "quote box" and end up posting messages that are ten feet long are for me the real thread killers around here"

True - after a bunch of replies it just ends up like jibberish. The funny thing is the posts themselves are often jibberish also, kind of like they were thrown up on the page in a huge hurry to establish nothing. 

It's a classic example of thinking your insights are so important that people are willing to dig through the steaming pile of quote box replies in search of your nuggets....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will never enable the Globe's cheap behavior and 1998 formatting here.  Never. Take it up with them.

[/QUOTE]

Every post you make, everytime you click here, you enable their behavior.  Do you think they care if you don't edit the quote box?  No, they don't.  Everyone else has to deal with it here, however.  Editing the quote box shows a regard for others.

Clearly you have none.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I made a thread a while ago to try to encourage editing the quote box..

Its ridiculous how long one post becomes without editing. Makes it almost impossible to sift through

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

commies posts are funny tho

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

I will never enable the Globe's cheap behavior and 1998 formatting here.  Never. Take it up with them.

I have. I get little/no response from them. They actually think this is a better system because it allows posters to view the entire "conversation"

Ive given them examples of how bad it gets in here (a message with 15 "in response to's"  followed by another with 16 "in response to's" followed by another with 17 "in response to's" and so on), but it doesnt seem to sink in with them

So Ive given up

The Globe wont fix it. I'm convinced of that. But we have the power to fix it ourselves with one simple highlight and delete. Why is that so difficult?

Doing so isnt "enabling" the Globe. Youre enabling fellow posters to work through an entire thread without dealing with ten foot, thread killing, monster posts that are an absolute eyesore and pain in the ###

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

" The people who refuse to edit their "quote box" and end up posting messages that are ten feet long are for me the real thread killers around here"

True - after a bunch of replies it just ends up like jibberish. The funny thing is the posts themselves are often jibberish also, kind of like they were thrown up on the page in a huge hurry to establish nothing. 

It's a classic example of thinking your insights are so important that people are willing to dig through the steaming pile of quote box replies in search of your nuggets....

Also a classic example of thinking your message is so important that waiting another four seconds (the time it takes to edit the QB) before it's revealed is an unnecessary delay that will negatively impact the world somehow

The planet has to see that message, and it has to see it NOW!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

It's a good reminder.  I try to remember to delete all but the last post but often forget. Part of the problem is that you don't see the top of the message in the small typing window, so you have to remember to scroll back up to the top to see if there's stuff to delete or if the message is actually a lot longer than it looks given the small portion you can see in the typing window. 

Simple solution: Always edit first. That way youll never forget:)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I made a thread a while ago to try to encourage editing the quote box..

Its ridiculous how long one post becomes without editing. Makes it almost impossible to sift through

[/QUOTE]

I agree that editing should be done.  Leaving one level is OK, as far as I am concerned.  What I do is:

1. Scroll all the way to the end immediately.
    2. Skip it when it becomes "nasty you", "stupid him", etc.

I would help a little, though, if the Globe didn't add an extraneous blank line before the end quote.  (I deleted it above).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

I post to a news group.  Prior discussions in a reply look like what is between the "===" but without the additional blank line spacing.  The spacing is more like that of this paragraph.

===========

A said:

> B said:

>>  What B said

>  What A said in response to what B said

What I say

===========

I don't see why they can't format it like that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Did anyone see this post from dottie in the RS forum yesterday?:

Hey guys, I want to let you know that in addition to the moderators with the outside company who monitor abuse reports, I've also given a couple of the long-time regular posters here moderation access so that they can remove inappropriate posts when needed. I think they are great posters who will be fair and judicious.

Long-time regular posters with moderation access? You gotta be kidding me

The only one I trust to wield that kind of power in here is me because I'd let everything go. You cant be more fair than that. The board would be fun again with me in charge

Anybody else though I would have zero faith in (edit: Maybe Muzwell. Him, I think I'd trust to do a good job)

I dont look in on the Sox forum much. Any idea who the regulars are whove been granted the power to delete?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkPatrol. Show SnarkPatrol's posts

[QUOTE]

Any idea who the regulars are whove been granted the power to delete?

[/QUOTE]

hehehehehe

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]It's a good reminder.  I try to remember to delete all but the last post but often forget. Part of the problem is that you don't see the top of the message in the small typing window, so you have to remember to scroll back up to the top to see if there's stuff to delete or if the message is actually a lot longer than it looks given the small portion you can see in the typing window. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Simple solution: Always edit first. That way youll never forget:[/QUOTE]

Ache~

We'll see IF I can do this-

IF I cannot, HowInTH do you do this with replying and a box forming, the reply you're replying to being Italicized and in a darker shade of grey.  Is it simply:

[QUOTE]reply[/QUOTE]?

We'll see if I did it with yours...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Nooope.  He NEEDS ta know....?!?

Sections
Shortcuts