Thread Killers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Thread Killers

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Ache~

We'll see IF I can do this-

IF I cannot, HowInTH do you do this with replying and a box forming, the reply you're replying to being Italicized and in a darker shade of grey.  Is it simply:

[QUOTE]reply

?

We'll see if I did it with yours...

[/QUOTE]

1) Hit REPLY
    2) Make sure there's only one message youre replying to in the 'in response to' area otherwise this trick only works halfassed
    3) Type in your message and click ADD YOUR POST
    4) After your message is posted, hit the EDIT button
    5) Then make one simple edit to your message and hit SAVE EDIT

That's it. The gray backing and italicized words will appear

PS After hitting EDIT, you dont even have to do anything to your text actually. Just hitting SAVE EDIT is enough

Good luck

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats just cause you don't have your papers from Red Sox nation.

[/QUOTE]

I was an original member of Red Sox Nation.  I had the card to prove it.  It think it cost $20 and we got discounts on tickets.

Now?  The Red Sox aren't about baseball.  They're about marketing.  I'm not interested. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, that and winning World Championships at least.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I believe a so-called as I suppose, this phrase, goes "thread killer"- should be a poster that as Dr. Dre might have one say: "Lays the spray wi' my AK...and puts it ta rest."  Now picture this, If rather, instead of an actual 'body' that gets 'layed to rest,' It IS instead, the 'topiiiic' that gets proverbially 'layed to rest.' These 'thread killing' posters likened to almost the verbal sharpshooters of death to said given <any specific topic>.  I'm tellin'ya, I came on to this thread thinkin' THIS was what It was gonna All be About here...And'n fact, no matter what any- one else says, I don't even care, I'm just gonna make it All about this 'verbal sharpshooter of death' Total subject matter annhilation thread killers- no matter, where in fact, Anyone else wants it to be...'cause I'm stickin' with the subject death marksman thing- Whatever, I read the first few posts, and those other ideas svcked.  Just in comparison, make your own opinion though.

^ this 1's a gem

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

[QUOTE]

I believe a so-called as I suppose, this phrase, goes "thread killer"- should be a poster that as Dr. Dre might have one say: "Lays the spray wi' my AK...and lays it to rest."  Now picture this, If rather, instead of an actual 'body' that gets 'layed to rest,' It IS instead, the 'topiiiic' that gets proverbially 'layed to rest.' These 'thread killing' posters likened to almost the verbal sharpshooters of death to said given <any specific topic>.  I'm tellin'ya, I came on to this thread thinkin' THIS was what It was gonna All be About here...And'n fact, no matter what any- one else says, I don't even care, I'm just gonna make it All about this 'verbal sharpshooter of death' Total subject matter annhilation thread killers- no matter, where in fact, Anyone else wants it to be...'cause I'm stickin' with the subject death marksman thing- Whatever, I read the first few posts, and those other ideas svcked.  Just in comparison, make your own opinion though.

^ this 1's a gem

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what to make of 90% of your posts? I must be on a different channel or something-it seems to me you post in riddles-I've tried to comprehend your posts-either I am slow and you are a genius or you are certifiably insane and since I keep reading your posts that would make me crazy also?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was an original member of Red Sox Nation.  I had the card to prove it.  It think it cost $20 and we got discounts on tickets.

Now?  The Red Sox aren't about baseball.  They're about marketing.  I'm not interested. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, that and winning World Championships at least.....

[/QUOTE]

No thanks to Lucchino trying to muck it up routinely. Money is more important than winning to ownership, of that I have little doubt. They have milked every single opportunity beyond death, and that is simply not deniable. They have been willing to invest in the team because they have routinely stolen the money back other ways.

The Sox made an unholy PARTNERSHIP with Ace Ticket, FOREVER keeping ticket prices high, nevermind the fake a s s padding of that meaningless sellout streak.

Now, even after having the highest average ticket price in baseball (until the new Yankee stadium, which kind of doesn't count), they also are playing the game of premium games and regular, inflating the high end even further.

THeo helped constuct a team in spite of meddling ownership, as proven by his quitting, and returning after Lucchino was neutered. Cherrington did the same when he obviously wanted Sveum, and Lucchino undercut him and brought in that CLOWN Valentine.

Those are the two blindingly bright examples of Lucchino's utter cluelessness when it comes to playing the actual game. The 3 stooges, to their credit, have managed to, when push comes to shove, actually give the GM responsibilities to some talented people. They DO deserve credit for that, as the Sox have sent maybe 3 GMs to other teams as well...they are obviously doing that part right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The people who refuse to edit their "quote box" and end up posting messages that are ten feet long are for me the real thread killers around here. Two or three of those giant 10 footers in a row, and I am done. I dont care how interesting a thread is, I stop reading

Biggest offenders are Rusty and anyone with whom he gets into a long exchange, ie pezz, prolate0spheroid, Bustchise, karp, fletcherbrook (who may or may not be Bustchise), and old goat BabeParilli

42AND46 is also a big offender

There are others. I just cant think of them at the moment

I used to hope theyd reform themselves, but Ive given up on that ever happening. Maybe the Globe will improve the software? Meh, Ive given up on that too

I guess we are stuck with the status quo

[/QUOTE]

I often am too lazy to do it but you are right. I will try to make more of an effort. I certainly agree with you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

can you name some pro sports that are NOT about marketing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:

I believe a so-called as I suppose, this phrase, goes "thread killer"- should be a poster that as Dr. Dre might have one say: "Lays the spray wi' my AK...and lays it to rest."  Now picture this, If rather, instead of an actual 'body' that gets 'layed to rest,' It IS instead, the 'topiiiic' that gets proverbially 'layed to rest.' These 'thread killing' posters likened to almost the verbal sharpshooters of death to said given <any specific topic>.  I'm tellin'ya, I came on to this thread thinkin' THIS was what It was gonna All be About here...And'n fact, no matter what any- one else says, I don't even care, I'm just gonna make it All about this 'verbal sharpshooter of death' Total subject matter annhilation thread killers- no matter, where in fact, Anyone else wants it to be...'cause I'm stickin' with the subject death marksman thing- Whatever, I read the first few posts, and those other ideas svcked.  Just in comparison, make your own opinion though.

^ this 1's a gem

Not sure what to make of 90% of your posts? I must be on a different channel or something-it seems to me you post in riddles-I've tried to comprehend your posts-either I am slow and you are a genius or you are certifiably insane and since I keep reading your posts that would make me crazy also?

It's the first one...Bto give you but I'm trying my best to make it the 2nd one so I can give you depth & holiness.

~~~

however-Can this edit thing work off of 2 seperate quotes?

EDIT: Ache is still a genius and editing only goes so far with 2 voices/quoters/querulants...  <  This may OR may not...be a riddle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

An AcheNot Genius Test

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

An AcheNot Genius Test

Let us see...

I'm gonna believe, I believe-

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

OMG...  AcheNot is a genius.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Some people say that there's a delight in disorder...

EDIT: But I believe there is a delight in ordered disorder...it is more spacious and therefore A higher artform.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

is that like disordered order, ordered?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

is that like disordered order, ordered?

Disordered order is definately Order...but there IS no ",".

And it's very important just how that is expressed and annotated:  Order gets capitalized...that goes without saying- Divinity is unison & Reciprocating & like an egg  O  like an  X  Balance.  And there is ... because it IS ALL 1 sentiment and expression and factual reality without break.  And the "IS" was/is italicized due to zero denial of sentimental factuality.  I do not consider it "hyperbole."  Yet if I wrote: I do not consider it hyperbole...It would be Hyperbole.  <  See, that's hyperbole too.  "*" Annnd finally the , is proffered in a "," but not a ",."  and certainly not a "','." (that's just insane) & IF by chance it was a word like "word"  it would ALSO be proffered in a ("word".)-(withouth the "( & )"-obviously)...unless it was the word, as in "the word" which would be the word (minus quotations &/or " ")...And/Also One would pronounce it as thee word which I do NOT recognize as hyperbole.  However there was a decent amount of "hyperbole" in the sentence with the "*" proceeding...which should not have been either read nor deciphered nor determined at the original onset with an *...which I clearly understand that was/is difficult to do because you are only here right now.

...And if you want to add right/correct within the passage: "which I clearly understand that was/is difficult to do because you are only here right<"('/)(correct')"> it is simply because you are being neurotic. 

(That)(/)Which is O.k... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Disordered Order is akin to having all those furniture styles that are exceptionally different...yet come together in a unifying force as 1 whole.  Space trumps this "however."  And less spatial orientation <however important> - Space...greater space.  More "space" being greater to and trumping "more sh-#t".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Very true

I cant take credit for the trick though. digger0862 came up with it first and passed it along to me. I am merely his student

Glad you like it, Laz. I see you are already putting it to good use

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^ this 1's a gem

[/QUOTE]

It's the first one...Bto give you but I'm trying my best to make it the 2nd one so I can give you depth & holiness.

~~~

EDIT: Ache is still a genius and editing only goes so far with 2 voices/quoters/querulants...  <  This may OR may not...be a riddle.

[/QUOTE]

Agggh!!  My gahd.  Bradysgirl original response by me didn't HAVE her quote within the grey square!?!  Errrgh...  Now it is.  Internet reality is difficult for me...  Malleable...just like regular reality.  -Yet somehow controlled by the magic faery dust of dot.coms, moderators, angels & devils of the cyber-world, dreams of ever-shifting black and whites...google designs and netherworld trolls that are real trolls or fake trolls or computer trolls or something else...  god almighty I hate computers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^ this 1's a gem

[/QUOTE]

~~~

[/QUOTE]

Agggh!!  My gahd.  Bradysgirl original response by me didn't HAVE her quote within the grey square!?!  Errrgh...  Now it is.  Internet reality is difficult for me...  Malleable...just like regular reality.  -Yet somehow controlled by the magic faery dust of dot.coms, moderators, angels & devils of the cyber-world, dreams of ever-shifting black and whites...google designs and netherworld trolls that are real trolls or fake trolls or computer trolls or something else...  god almighty I hate computers.

[/QUOTE]

I think I'll just surrender to the moment?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The people who refuse to edit their "quote box" and end up posting messages that are ten feet long are for me the real thread killers around here. Two or three of those giant 10 footers in a row, and I am done. I dont care how interesting a thread is, I stop reading

[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely the correct answer.

For people like me who visit only occasionally it's frustrating to see these giant threads full of nothing but the same quote over and over again -- often paragraphs and paragraphs (over and over again) -- with little additional comment beyond some verions of "you're a deusche."

There might still be good content on this forum, but because a handful of posters seem to think that a willingness to repeat themselves one more time than their adversary makes them "right" means that people like me (if, indeed, there are people like me) are not very likely to ever find it.

Either that . . .  or I am entirely wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think commie is the reason they don't name the OP in the thread list anymore. Almost everyone was avoiding his threads till they did that. 

[/QUOTE]

This forum used to make available a function whch allowed readers to ignore entire threads. It allowed readers to "clean up" the board as they saw fit. It made browsing and sifting through threads quicker, and more enjoyable. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Rtu, are you suggesting that BDC may now, or has sometimes been pro communist ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

can you name some pro sports that are NOT about marketing?

[/QUOTE]

I was being facetious, glenr, to point out their hyperdrive marketing machine.  It's way too over the top.  It's embarrasing and pathetic.  I haven't been there in many years simply because I couldn't take it any more.  I'm not sure if they've toned it down at all, but there used to be two ceremonial pitches to start the game.  Game 26 vs. Minnesota...two ceremonial pitches.  What is the ceremony?  Money, that's what.  You pay them and you throw out the pitch.

And everywhere you go in Mass, every single thing is sponsored by the Red Sox or the Official Partner of the Red Sox, or something something Red Sox logo something.

And for enduring this never ending onslaught of marketing from them, they charge insane prices.  And what do get for your insanely priced ticket?  Nine innings of marketing with some baseball played in the background.

And when it comes to the baseball played, it's more like wrestling than true sport.  MVPs are on steroids.  Pitchers are doctoring the baseballs.  Guys are getting into fights because one watched his homer un ball too long or took an odd path back to the dugout.

And from the players themselves, we get to look at athletes who more closely resemble the homeless living in the fens than multi-million dollar men.  A bunch of hobos who need a shave and a shower and a trip to the gym.

Celebrate their World Series win?  I'd rather things were like they were before this team ever broke the curse.  At least then it was an honest game.

F the Red Sox of today.