Three up three down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Three up three down.

what do u think are the 3 best things in the first game? and the 3 worst? 

my thoughts

Three up: Thompkins, Running Game, OL 

Three down: Tebow, Pass rush, Defense having problem with deep passes

What do u think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Three up three down.

I disagree with the 'OL' being up. The 1st-string OL? Sure. The backups? They were awful. 

I thought the pass-rush was solid while the first stringers were in there. Once the backups came in it dropped off, but I didn't think it was awful. Again, far to premature on the deep-ball remark. No McCourty, no Dennard, and outside of Vick's perfect throw to Jackson, the 1st-team defense showed no problem defending the deep ball. That throw by Vick was perfect... Talib was in perfect position, but the throw wasn't defendable. Tip your cap and move on. 

Let's go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I think the Eagles new 3-4 D is atrocious, so be very careful in judging our offense. Chip Kelly will have a field day in the film room.

I will say it's nice to see Ballard, Svitek and Thompkins shine.  Sudfeld, too.  Great blocking from those players.  Impressive.  Blount had that nice run, but slightly concerning his size is so useless in between the tackles.  Would like to see BB keep 5 RBs for once.

On D, Kelly was a force up the middle with a key rush on the fumble and a nice stick, which is what we've needed. Jones seemed a bit quiet.  I thought Fletcher had a nice game with Buchanan and Harmon, too.

Hard to judge what the starters look like. I would expect the starters to get more reps next week.    Either that, or BB has seen enough on D to not bother with the starters much the rest of the way.

Hopefully, Mallett isn't unavailable next week. That could be a major problem in terms of QB minutes.

PS Tebow still has no idea how to execute a progression read with his receivers. If his first read isn't available, he waits for it to come open. Terrible.  Reminds me of Sanchez.

Thats right Rusty it was terrible D don't want to give that Brady guy any credit.  Preseason Game 1 and your already in Mid-Season Rusty mode.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Three up

1. Brady. Guy was the talk of Philly for the whole week and then was surgical during the game.

2. Buchanon. Thought he owned that right tackle he was going against and this guy is just built the way pass rushers are supposed to be.

3. Sudfeld. Like the way he moved...I was surprised he could run and show that flexibility at that height.

Three down

1. Tavon Wilson. This one's easy. If you don't know where he was drafted or who he is, you'd think you were watching a scrub run around out there. That's what he is.

2. Tebow. Guy should be selling mutual funds to house wives right now.

3. Dowling. How does this guy miss more than a week since his injury if he's not dead? He pedalled on the bike after he came up limping that day..now he stays out a week? If he's not out there on Monday practicing I'd cut him. I'd tell the trainers to put him into a ice bath before I walked in there and told him to get out of the stadium. I have a feeling that if he was healthy we'd be looking at another Arrington anyway, who needs another Arrington?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Left side of the O line (Mankins and Solder) looked awesome to me in the running game.  Those two were working together really well I thought.  Right side of the line (starters) was okay, but not super.  Back-ups were inconsistent.  

Thought Mallet was pretty good overall, though he still overpowers his throws too often

Love the new WRs--think they could make a huge difference in the offense if they continue to develop as they have been

Good showings by Ridley, Vereen, and Blount.  Ridley ran well, but honestly I was a tad disappointed he got caught from behind on that first long run, which I thought he should have been able to take to the house

Gostkowski's FG misses are a concern, but his kick offs were booming

We've improved our kick return game with Washington

Tebow can't throw at all . . . but his option runs actually were pretty good . . . not sure you keep him because of that, however

Defense was so-so, but McCourty and Dennard were out and it's still early . . .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Left side of the O line (Mankins and Solder) looked awesome to me in the running game.  Those two were working together really well I thought.  Right side of the line (starters) was okay, but not super.  Back-ups were inconsistent.  

Thought Mallet was pretty good overall, though he still overpowers his throws too often

Love the new WRs--think they could make a huge difference in the offense if they continue to develop as they have been

Good showings by Ridley, Vereen, and Blount.  Ridley ran well, but honestly I was a tad disappointed he got caught from behind on that first long run, which I thought he should have been able to take to the house

Tebow can't throw at all . . . but his option runs actually were pretty good . . . not sure you keep him because of that, however

The thing with Ridley is that he has 4.7 speed just like BJGE, except he has more quickness than Ellis (but who doesn't?). I don't think we are ever going to see Ridley be a guy who takes the ball to the house or runs outside consistently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

UP

1. Tom Brady.  He was a surgical today 

2.Run game 

3.the young WRs

DOWN

1.Ghost  missed two FGs today

2.2nd and 3rd string pass D the first string guys didnt play that much so i given the an incomplete  bit the rest looks like they had issues with deep passes

3. Tebow. he did some stuff well but also did a lot of bad stuff 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The thing with Ridley is that he has 4.7 speed just like BJGE, except he has more quickness than Ellis (but who doesn't?). I don't think we are ever going to see Ridley be a guy who takes the ball to the house or runs outside consistently.

BJGE had over 1000 yards last year with Andy Dalton at QB for CIncy.

You're running out of excuses. QUICK.

BJGE is also a better receiver than Ridley.    How about this? Let's celebrate Brady's binky is not here anymore? How about that??! lol

Gronk is nowhere on this field and look how simple it is to keep Brady under Center and run it. Look at what he is under Center compared to that finesse shotgun crap.

We will win a SB when Brady doesn't throw 40+ passes.  Fact. I'll be you right now.  We will never win a SB with Tom Brady making it about him.

Brady shredded their crappy D two years ago as I predicted. Why? They play zone.  Maybe they won't as much this year, but at least I knew why a shotgun spread would be effective. 

Getting excited about Brady in August is ludicrous. It's nice to see the WRs be targeted, though. Let's hope all of that continues.  I say it does. I also say if Welker was here with arms folded and entitled to go off into the sunset with Brady and the Lombardi is a BLESSING.

A blessing.

There are 6.8 billion people on the internet and...every one of them knows more about football than you. Truth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

It`s only the first game, and it`s dificult to have a conclusion, but talking about the WR this is my opinion:

I expected more from Amendola, I think Thompkins is now the confidence man of Brady.

Dobson did a great catch, showing perfect timing with Brady this is a good signal, I liked what I saw from this kid.

Thompkins will contribute a lot in this team, Brady already have confidence in this guy, it will be interisting to see they conection in the regular season.

Edelman has potencial and he could contribute a lot to this team, I think he could be a nightmare to defenses lining up everywhere, let`s hope he stays healthy.

I just don`t understand why this team didn`t get young talent and drafted a WR in earlier rounds of past drafts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

It`s only the first game, and it`s dificult to have a conclusion, but talking about the WR this is my opinion:

I expected more from Amendola, I think Thompkins is now the confidence man of Brady.

Dobson did a great catch, showing perfect timing with Brady this is a good signal, I liked what I saw from this kid.

Thompkins will contribute a lot in this team, Brady already have confidence in this guy, it will be interisting to see they conection in the regular season.

Edelman has potencial and he could contribute a lot to this team, I think he could be a nightmare to defenses lining up everywhere, let`s hope he stays healthy.

I just don`t understand why this team didn`t get young talent and drafted a WR in earlier rounds of past drafts.

You are reading way, way too much into it. Are you a teenager? You come off as very naive.

If anything the Eagles are trying to take away Amendola, and with no Gronk, Thompkins and Dobson are doing this?

This is like saying "I did not like what Edelman did or Boyce because Brady did not need to target them".

If you're a young kid, my apologies, but this isn't a video game.

Yeah I`m seventeen, but now I agree with you dude, you`re right and we have wait more to evaluate a player, I`m sorry for my euphoria.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL, Rusty's hate for Brady is hideous!  What a troll!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW

3 up -

Brady - still looks like Brady

Thompkins - good first showing.  If he keeps this up he is going to be key this season, maybe more so then Amendola.

Running Game - Vereen is going to be used all over the field, Ridley looked goog, Blount impressed me, I still think Boulden has promise do you keep him?

TE's - All looked good.  Ballard is a very good blocker, Fells good blocking and catching, Sudfeld good blocking and had an impressive run after catch.. how did he go undreafted.  Seen Hooman with some good blocks.

OL - first unit looked good but worried about depth

Tommy Kelly - he is going to do very well.  Huge upgrade over Love

sorry, got carried away there

3 downs -

DB's - I was expecting better from what I have been reading, at times looked like SOS from last year.  McCorty better stay healthy and Gregory just doesn't seem to get it

Collins  - Again, I was expecting more from what I have been reading on him

Edelman - he needs more reps, can't be putting the ball on the ground

Mallet and Tebow - Brady better never go down.  Neither one of the Backups have Cassell in them.  I think they have to keep Tebow just in case, imo.

Boyce - ????

Gostkowski - He has to make those field goals.  He has one job, kick the ball.  Practice, dude!!

Sorry, got carried away here too.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

You are reading way, way too much into it. Are you a teenager? You come off as very naive.

If anything the Eagles are trying to take away Amendola, and with no Gronk, Thompkins and Dobson are doing this?

This is like saying "I did not like what Edelman did or Boyce because Brady did not need to target them".

are you a 30-something gen-x? u come off as a sheltered know-it-all

and gee i thought u 30-something gen x types had all this "vast cultural experience"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

what do u think are the 3 best things in the first game? and the 3 worst? 

my thoughts

Three up: Thompkins, Running Game, OL 

Three down: Tebow, Pass rush, Defense having problem with deep passes

What do u think?

pretty good summary for a pre season game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

Some posters crack me up.....lol.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Russ, stop being a pompous texas pat sound alike. The guy was giving his opinion and no opinion is wrong. There is no need to be insulting or condescending.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Russ, stop being a pompous texas pat sound alike. The guy was giving his opinion and no opinion is wrong. There is no need to be insulting or condescending.

for him it is a way of life

Sections
Shortcuts