Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker

If we get homefield - well, that doesn't seem to work anymore.
    If we have a big offseason haul of Free Agents. That didn't work in 2007.
    If we have a big draft day haul. That didn't work in 2009 or 2010.
    If we have a first round bye. Throw that one out.
    If we get hot at the right time. 2010 shows that didn't matter.
    If the other team gives us bulletin board material. Who cares?
    If we get through a killer schedule so as to be battle tested. Nope.
    If we don't get a first round bye so we have momentum. 2005, 2006, 2009. Nope.

The bottom line seems to be that all the offseason free agent stuff, draft stuff, training camp, the regular season just DOESN'T matter. Whatever mojo this team had from 2001-04 is GONE and nothing that happens from now until next January is going to change that. Only a playoff run will get it back.

So next year, when they to Dallas in late November, or NY in December, I'm not going to get so riled up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker

A lot of teams lose in the playoffs.  Are you implying the Pats should be immune to losing in the playoffs?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker

In Response to Re: Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker:
    [QUOTE]A lot of teams lose in the playoffs.  Are you implying the Pats should be immune to losing in the playoffs?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

No. Just that there is no predictability where I once thought that there was. And that the regular season really is only so important.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker : No. Just that there is no predictability where I once thought that there was. And that the regular season really is only so important.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

By predictability you mean they should win the Super Bowl every season? Asking a little much aren't you? They're competative every season. Not many fans of other teams can say that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker : By predictability you mean they should win the Super Bowl every season? Asking a little much aren't you? They're competative every season. Not many fans of other teams can say that.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

No, not at all. But I used to think that if the Pats are peaking in December, have a first round bye or a home playoff game, have played and beaten good teams, etc. they would at least make a solid run, unlike the Colts/Chargers.

The past several years have shown that no longer applies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Its pretty simple really. 

If you apply the same standards to the pats that you do their opponents, there's only one word to describe them. 

Chokers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

I share the same feeling here in that it appears that the window is closing b/c they keep failing to win Super Bowls since 2004. I don't know where you go b/c they seem to be just fodder when it comes to the post season as they have in fact lost their mojo. And no I don't expect a Super Bowl every year but 0 since 2004 is long overdue for a team that won 3 in 4 years. So yes us pats fans have a right to be mad with our team b/c they have failed us too many times since 2004.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]I share the same feeling here in that it appears that the window is closing b/c they keep failing to win Super Bowls since 2004. I don't know where you go b/c they seem to be just fodder when it comes to the post season as they have in fact lost their mojo. And no I don't expect a Super Bowl every year but 0 since 2004 is long overdue for a team that won 3 in 4 years. So yes us pats fans have a right to be mad with our team b/c they have failed us too many times since 2004.
    Posted by Leonard15[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There is too much talent here to keep blowing it. I certainly don't remember too many people complaining about 2008. I don't expect the Super Bowl every year, but I also don't expect consistent choking either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Its pretty simple really.  If you apply the same standards to the pats that you do their opponents, there's only one word to describe them.  Chokers
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Does trolling here make up for the sorry state of the Colts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

So I suppose you predicted that at the start of this year we would win 14 games? NOBODY knew they would be 14-2.....we all thought they would have a "rebuilding" year. So we all were pleasantly surprised with a fantastic season with a ton of young talent.

So sorry if 3 superbowl wins, and having winning seasons for 10 years isn't good enough for you.

We are all pissed that they lost yesterday...get over it. They are young, and have picks beyond picks this year. Just be glad you don't live in Michigan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Two very good players. That's usually what separates a team that can win consistently in the playoffs and a one and out team. This team relies very heavily on Brady to beat the other guy and take them to the next level. I, personally, believe that this current incarnation of the Patriots is one or two players away from being great. Warren and Bodden were injured. Not an excuse. We got quality play from Pryor and Brace; McCourty showed up and Arrington had his moments. We have no pass rush since Seymour or Big Willie left or a pass rush that is mediocre at best, however, this was a transitinal year and we still have numerous players to evaluate and assess. I don't think BB blows up the team because Cunningham is not Mc Ginnest and Kyle Arrington is not Ty Law.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

With Tom Brady your expectations are always going to be high.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

I have to agree. If another team did this, we would consider them playoff chokers. It is the loser mentality of saying "who thought they would be 14-2 at the beginning of the season". They could have been 8-8 and been sitting at home too. They should hang a 14-2 banner next to the 16-0 banner. Both are meaningless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Like I said in my thread...we have become the chargers and colts who after 12,13, and 14 win seasons CHOKE in playoffs...Used to be Pats got a 1 seed, book your SB trip, now 3 straight playoff losses later, we are CHOKERS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This entire string seems to presume the Pats can be the same team they were in the 2001 to 2005 run.  I seem to recall the Pats had quite a bit of turnover after that season and each year since.  It is rare any team can sustain such a level of excellence given the parity driven NFL rules.  Classic case - the Colts.  I've said this time and time again - the combination of that 3 out of 4 win SB run and the 2007 season, coupled with this surprising season, has raised the expectations of Pats fans to such a level anything less results in all this chirping.  It is not like there are no other teams involved that can influence the Patriots results. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

C'mon 7-9 Seahawks had NO problem winning a home playoff game...with BEST RECORD in league, I EXPECT you to win a home playoff game!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i thought we were 'peaking at the right time' and all

i just dont get how we played so bad and still were so close to winning the game. 

i think the only team that could have beaten us in these playoffs were the jets and the packers.  had we somehow managed to avoid the jets, we would have had our sh*t packed by the packers in the superbowl.  better this way i guess

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Seems like you are overreacting maybe just a TAD.  We didn't win a game.  It happens.  It doesn't retroactively cancel our 3 Lombardis though.  AND we have a young team, lots of draft picks.  BB rebuilt the team this year, and the result was 14-2 and a BAD playoff bounce.  O.K.  Obviously they locked up our receivers a bit, and we had trouble for sure getting something going.  A bad loss to a team we really really wanted to beat.  Not a death knell, though.  We won the division, we need to keep moving forward, hope there is football next year, and see what presents the draft brings us.  Hope springs eternal.

UD6, we cant apply the same rules to the Patriots as the Colts.  We actually won 3 Superbowls in the Brady era.  That is a LIFETIME worth, everything else is cream cheese.  Oh, and you don't belong here.  Go back to your episode of "Swapping Cousins" and leave us be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

you won 3 tainted SB davedsone, none since then.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]you won 3 tainted SB davedsone, none since then.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Once again Wedat shows that his tiny bugbrain is only capable of repeating a couple of childish taunts for an entire day. What do you expect from a boy who's manhood is threatened by a movie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker:
    [QUOTE]If we get homefield - well, that doesn't seem to work anymore. If we have a big offseason haul of Free Agents. That didn't work in 2007. If we have a big draft day haul. That didn't work in 2009 or 2010. If we have a first round bye. Throw that one out. If we get hot at the right time. 2010 shows that didn't matter. If the other team gives us bulletin board material. Who cares? If we get through a killer schedule so as to be battle tested. Nope. If we don't get a first round bye so we have momentum. 2005, 2006, 2009. Nope. The bottom line seems to be that all the offseason free agent stuff, draft stuff, training camp, the regular season just DOESN'T matter. Whatever mojo this team had from 2001-04 is GONE and nothing that happens from now until next January is going to change that. Only a playoff run will get it back. So next year, when they to Dallas in late November, or NY in December, I'm not going to get so riled up.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw all the formulas, equations, etc. out the door... this team is now a playoff choker : I certainly don't remember too many people complaining about 2008. Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

uh....maybe in the 07-08 season, they have the same old players. 09-10 season, the Pats got rid of all of the veterns who where in the team previous. Pats will be back with new players but the same old philosophy.

Sections
Shortcuts