Throwback uniforms today.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Throwback uniforms today.....

I've grown accustomed to the blue shirts and the Flying Elvis over the years -- although I hated them with a passion when the team first made the change -- but every time I see the Pats in the red uniforms with the real logo it makes me wonder why they ever switched.

(and I forgave Zoltan the Destroyer for daring to sport the immortal 14 when he blasted one 65 yards to completely turn the Ravens game around)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

I think they should put Pat Patriot on the silver helmet and let go of the red uniforms.  I love my 1985 Patriots, but let them have their glory.  This franchise is better off in the dark blue (which is more historically accurate anyway) and silver.

If any team should change their uniforms its the Bengals and the Seahawks.  Good God!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The original blue on flying elvis was fugly. They improved it at the turn of the century.

But, Pat Patriot is vintage and awesome. I love that they can break those out whenever they want as an alternate uniform. In a way, it hasn't gone away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Throwback uniforms today.....:
    I've grown accustomed to the blue shirts and the Flying Elvis over the years -- although I hated them with a passion when the team first made the change -- but every time I see the Pats in the red uniforms with the real logo it makes me wonder why they ever switched. (and I forgave Zoltan the Destroyer for daring to sport the immortal 14 when he blasted one 65 yards to completely turn the Ravens game around)
    Posted by p-mike

Those those old uniforms have some "charm", but there are too many bad memories attached to them, for me. Whenever I see the Pats in them now, I'm expecting disaster! Give me the blue flying elvis uniforms, anyday!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Throwback uniforms today..... :      Those those old uniforms have some "charm", but there are too many bad memories attached to them, for me. Whenever I see the Pats in them now, I'm expecting disaster! Give me the blue flying elvis uniforms, anyday!! 
    Posted by TexasPat3

Ahhhh . . .  but Tex, don't you see? It's the bumbling and the disaster that shaped us as fans. You see a lot of it on the board. You can tell the people who have the scars from the people who don't by how they post. To me, those uniforms represent that trial we, as fans, had to endure so that we could better enjoy the reward, when it finally came.

Tell me I'm wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Well said...especially to those of us who remember the 89-93 seasons which had a total of something like 10 wins total in all 4 seasons....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Throwback uniforms today..... : Ahhhh . . .  but Tex, don't you see? It's the bumbling and the disaster that shaped us as fans. You see a lot of it on the board. You can tell the people who have the scars from the people who don't by how they post. To me, those uniforms represent that trial we, as fans, had to endure so that we could better enjoy the reward, when it finally came. Tell me I'm wrong.
    Posted by p-mike

No...you're not wrong. But must we be reminded?? That's something I'd rather forget...LOL!!!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Throwback uniforms today..... : Ahhhh . . .  but Tex, don't you see? It's the bumbling and the disaster that shaped us as fans. You see a lot of it on the board. You can tell the people who have the scars from the people who don't by how they post. To me, those uniforms represent that trial we, as fans, had to endure so that we could better enjoy the reward, when it finally came. Tell me I'm wrong.
    Posted by p-mike

I agree. That was extremely well put Mike. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I love Pat Patriot, grew up with him since "63".

Sections
Shortcuts