Thug is now a code word

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Thug is now a code word

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Steven A. Smith for the N word.

When does all this BS stop?

[/QUOTE]

"According to Steven A.Smith..." I stopped reading at that point. Has there ever been a more dogmatic, pompous, and arrogant individual (aside from Rusty, of course)...LOL!!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Sherman is promoting his brand. How much publicity has he gotten in the past week? In his world, there is no bad publicity. Whether they are calling him a thug, or the best corner in fotball, as long as people are talking about him, its all good.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sherman is a wimp to start that comparison about the N word. he likes to talk trash. he needs to become mature, and then maybe people won't classify him as a thug. he needs to aspire to the dream of MLK, instead of pissing on it with his childish tirades and rants and starting some kind of new race card.

I don't care what his educational credentials are. the dude wants to live on the edge and protray himslef as a ganster to help with his insecurities.

he has a serious case of the dumbassssss. and has no class, or grace

Go Seahawks

[/QUOTE]

By that logic, this man is a thug because he was notorious for running his mouth. In fact, that's part of the reason why he's one of my favorite basketball players.

[/QUOTE]

keep trying to spin it dude. running your mouth during a game is the norm. but acting like a lunatic and spewing hate during an interview is immature.

Sherman ran his mouth after the game, took the spot light away from his teams great victory, then started crying race card after being called a thug.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Sherman's major at Stanford was "Communications" He communicated his feelings very clearly. Anyone who did it in that manor would be ostrasized. Most fans dont pay a lot of attention, still dont/ But ist not our fault if he mouths off in the few minutes he has to speak ti the world and projectd what he did. Using deconotative vocabulary that is not race specific and then turning that into race is a low form of bait and switch.

People say he is bright and everything, So what. Some like Cowherd are taking up for him by saying that we dont know any of these guys. So what. They even said he did nothing wrong. Hmm of then why did he apologize?

Look i dont care about him one way or another, but if someone acts like an azzzhole and people have limited knowlege dont blame them for what thye see. And then dont try to spin it to racial motives. Screw them

Oh this is one thing I car about him. I hope he bangs up and beats Peyton and WW. Hmm.. I want - or just maybe all it means is that i just hate horse face and the dingleberry

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sherman is a wimp to start that comparison about the N word. he likes to talk trash. he needs to become mature, and then maybe people won't classify him as a thug. he needs to aspire to the dream of MLK, instead of pissing on it with his childish tirades and rants and starting some kind of new race card.

I don't care what his educational credentials are. the dude wants to live on the edge and protray himslef as a ganster to help with his insecurities.

Go Seahawks

By that logic, this man is a thug because he was notorious for running his mouth. In fact, that's part of the reason why he's one of my favorite basketball players.

[/QUOTE]

keep trying to spin it dude. running your mouth during a game is the norm. but acting like a lunatic and spewing hate during an interview is immature.

Sherman ran his mouth after the game, took the spot light away from his teams great victory, then started crying race card after being called a thug.

[/QUOTE]

Then why not call him what he is? @$$hole, tool, d0uche, classless, imature, idiot, punk, dumb@$$, moron, clown? Why call him a "thug"?

A thug is a criminal, a violent person, a person that shouldn't be allowed around other people because they're not socially conditioned to not commit a crime. Sherman didn't curse, didn't incite violence, didn't do anything except be passionate and run his mouth. Do you guys not see what people mean by a "codeword"? He's not a "thug" by any definition of the word, but he gets called one anyway. Something with the softest president we've had since Jimmy Carter. Obama gets called a "thug" even though he's a pushover and the Republicans gets whatever they want the majority of te time.

You don't wonder why only black guys get called a thug? Think sbout it? Why is Sherman a "thug"? Answer that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sherman's major at Stanford was "Communications" He communicated his feelings very clearly. Anyone who did it in that manor would be ostrasized. Most fans dont pay a lot of attention, still dont/ But ist not our fault if he mouths off in the few minutes he has to speak ti the world and projectd what he did. Using deconotative vocabulary that is not race specific and then turning that into race is a low form of bait and switch.

People say he is bright and everything, So what. Some like Cowherd are taking up for him by saying that we dont know any of these guys. So what. They even said he did nothing wrong. Hmm of then why did he apologize?

Look i dont care about him one way or another, but if someone acts like an azzzhole and people have limited knowlege dont blame them for what thye see. And then dont try to spin it to racial motives. Screw them

Oh this is one thing I car about him. I hope he bangs up and beats Peyton and WW. Hmm.. I want - or just maybe all it means is that i just hate horse face and the dingleberry

[/QUOTE]

Wait until he holds out for 15 mil per from Seattle, 2 mil more per year than Revis.

LMAO

This is just the tip of the iceberg with him and eventually, Seattle's future.

[/QUOTE]

just let him beat Denver first lol

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Go Seahawks

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then why not call him what he is? @$$hole, tool, d0uche, classless, imature, idiot, punk, dumb@$$, moron, clown? Why call him a "thug"?

A thug is a criminal, a violent person, a person that shouldn't be allowed around other people because they're not socially conditioned to not commit a crime. Sherman didn't curse, didn't incite violence, didn't do anything except be passionate and run his mouth. Do you guys not see what people mean by a "codeword"? He's not a "thug" by any definition of the word, but he gets called one anyway. Something with the softest president we've had since Jimmy Carter. Obama gets called a "thug" even though he's a pushover and the Republicans gets whatever they want the majority of te time.

You don't wonder why only black guys get called a thug? Think sbout it? Why is Sherman a "thug"? Answer that.

[/QUOTE]

I used to hear people be called thugs in my old neighborhood all the time.  No one in the neighborhood was African American.  It's not a racial term.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hey, look, another long thread in which White people proclaim their superiority to Black people when it comes to understanding what is and isn't racism. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Go Seahawks

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're twisting this back around.  I don't think the debate is if he is a thug or violent off field person, etc, but the idea he and Stephen A. Smith claim the term is replacing the N Word, when it isn't.  That's a race baiting premise, IMO.

My question to you is, why are you sensitive about that specific word?  A punk is a thug. A thug is a punk. WHo cares what word is used and why do you think it only applies to the black community when it's not even a word that had origins in the black community?

Like I said above, cerrtain words get adopted in society, some lose their cache, and others come to the forefront. It's not racial epithet.  It's an adopted Hindu word that has been Westernized into meaning someone who is violent or instigates violence.

WHite Bulger. Aaron Hernandez.  Suggs dragging his girlfriend by her hair and pouring bleach on a toddler.  These are people are puukes.  Punks. Thugs.  

This is being taken way too literally by black people who apparently are a bit too sensitive and overreactive.

I never once in my life have used the N word because it's offensive, wrong and completely demeaning to black people. BUt, I have used the word thug to describe punks off the field.

Or, criminal behavior, white, black, Hispanic, whatever.

This whole thing is race baiting and stupid. It makes Smith and Sherman look bad, too.

[/QUOTE]

First of all, this is why I enjoy your contribution to these boards. You're so old that you bring insightvto an era that i know little about. I've never, in my 23 years of living, have I heard anyone equate "thug" to "punk", then I remembered that Bugs Bunny called Rocky and Mugsy "punks" in a Looney Tunes cartoon and remembered you're from the same era.

1 archaic :  prostitute 2 [probably partly from 3punk] :  nonsense, foolishness 3 a :  a young inexperienced person :  beginner, novice; especially :  a young man   b :  a usually petty gangster, hoodlum, or ruffian   c slang :  a young man used as a homosexual partner especially in a prison 4 a :  punk rock   b :  a punk rock musician   c :  one who affects punk styles  

But as you can see, the word has many meanings and the "thug" part doesn't belong with the mordern use of the word.
      As far as Sherman is concerned, a common stereotype about black men is that they're criminals, savages, overly masculine and can't control themselves, you know, like a thug. Maybe say it's the N-Word is too strong, but it certainly is a "codeword" used by racists to imply black inferiority.
      It doesn't mean that everyone who uses it is a racist, it means when someone uses it indiscriminately to describe black people might have a hidden agenda. Someone on this site, won't mention their name, certainly proved that. After he called Sherman a "thug", he then called him an "animal" and a "boy".
      Come on, that guy is so racist. Most of you, on the other hand, I just think you're old. Grew up in a different time and don't know much about non-middle class America. I grew up poor, went to school with blacks, whites and latin kids and I can put myself in their shoes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Go Seahawks

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I used to hear people be called thugs in my old neighborhood all the time.  No one in the neighborhood was African American.  It's not a racial term.

[/QUOTE]

Never said it was and never said a white person can't be a thug. I said why is Sherman a thug? What, besides being black, suggests he's a thug? It's used to describe Black men as a put down because even an intelligent, non-violent person like Sherman is a thug.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, look, another long thread in which White people proclaim their superiority to Black people when it comes to understanding what is and isn't racism. 

[/QUOTE]

no Pro

i refuse to have anything ever said negatively about a black to be called racist. Just because they say it is. One can be a thug and be any color. Until blacks stop thinking with their skin. and stop trying the bait and switch on  behavior or anything else that comes to deflect critisicsm. God knows there have been too many real occasions of racism, Thankfully in tdays culture real racist events are not to be tolerated. muddying up the waters to discuss issues is counter productive,

if you act  in the definitional term of the word , then you earn the right to be called that word. I gues next you are going to tell me that the term Obamacare is racist.

btw

the last time I called someone a thug is Bob Bechal, he is sort of white.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

more race baiting. no one hear states they are superior to anybody.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I wonder what Martin Luther King Jr would say about how African-Americans carried his message to this day?  Seems they use the race card far more often today than "whites" did in the days of MLK.

Don't you dare try to obscure MLK's message to fit into your uninformed and ignorant notion of racism.  I'm sick and tired of people dumbing down what that man stood for to substantiate their own ignorance.  Nothing about his character demonstrates that he would support the usage of the world thug as it is applied almost exclusively to African-Americans.  What's hilarious is despite every cognizable statistic and barometer pointing systematic racism (and realistically it's more about classism than racism in America), you have people like you who ruin the debate.  You guys think that dealing with racism is pretending it does not exist.  You think that just by not talking about it, it disappeared and that somehow after the Civil Rights Act was passed that racism ended immediately.  

Despite, every statistic in the US showing that a white man with a jail record has a better opportunity of getting a job than a black man without one.  You've effectively blocked out any substantive discussion on race by calling anyone who mentions it a racist and claiming that they are actually the racist.  That is what the "race card" has been turned into--a means to deflect and dodge issues that directly correlate to race.  But what's even more arrogant is your audacity to tell people of color, the ones who MLK was advocating for and who his message resonated with the most, what racism is.  The audacity of you to cast aside an entire group of people as somehow being paranoid and making excuses when these are the same people who willing to get put in jail, beaten and lynched for the right to walk on the same sidewalk as you.

Suddenly, now they're all crazy and they don't understand code or racism.  How about you stop and listen to what they're saying and empathize with them or understand them....You can disagree without being so callous about it.  But that would require some degree of integrity and earnestness when it comes to issues of race, and apparently America no longer has that.  Race never disappeared, people of color just don't speak about it as much because they are a minority trying to network in a nation where they are largely disenfranchised.  Most of my friends are white and come from all backgrounds and have different politics and they're educated enough to know that race is an issue.  People like you guys in this thread are why I can never convince any people of color outside of New England that Boston isn't still a bastion of racism like they've all believed and their families have believed since the 60s and 70s.  There is a reason Kevin Garnett had to ask Chauncey Billups before coming to the Celtics about whether or not racism was a big deal in Boston.  You all need to take courses on critical race theory and have earnest conversations about race.  What Richard Sherman said, has been said by black people throughout this decade....it's what most African-Americans think about how "thug" is applied, they were more shocked that an athlete had the guts to say what people of color have been thinking for awhile.  This is what happens when you ignore how minority groups feel about issues, when you hear the truth you get all shocked.  This isn't just about you, it's about every ignoramous in this thread. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

no Pro

i refuse to have anything ever said negatively about a black to be called racist. Just because they say it is. One can be a thug and be any color. Until blacks stop thinking with their skin. and stop trying the bait and switch on  behavior or anything else that comes to deflect critisicsm. God knows there have been too many real occasions of racism, Thankfully in tdays culture real racist events are not to be tolerated. muddying up the waters to discuss issues is counter productive,

if you act  in the definitional term of the word , then you earn the right to be called that word. I gues next you are going to tell me that the term Obamacare is racist.

btw

the last time I called someone a thug is Bob Bechal, he is sort of white.

You talk about blacks as if they are all the same and all misbehaving . . . sweeping, negative generalizations about people of a particular a race . . . sure sign of racism. 

The funny thing about these race threads that keep popping up on BDC is that they provide ample evidence that the racism being denied is real enough. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

[QUOTE]

No, it's a code word for thug. If you don't want to be called a thug don't beat women, traffic drugs, murder people, have 2000 different kids from 1000 different women, etc etc. 

I am so sick of the race card being used for everything. I could easily use one as well. I grew up very poor, received no scholarship money other than what I earned from my GPA, and lost a job opportunity out of college due to affirmative action. Why? Because I'm white. Racism is starting to fade ever so slightly, but when people say things like that it keeps it fresh in everyone's minds and creates more animosity.

sure pal...only in your world. come to mine and you will see things clearly. In my 37 years on this earth, racism has never been bigger. You see it only exists in the eye of the beholder. How a white man living in a white mans world will ever understand racism is puzzling to me. BTW, way to go painting ALL NFL players with such a broad brush. I hadnt heard of Sherman doing any of those things. Folks DID tweet that Sherman should be lynched and was called the N word over a thousand times. Rasicm dont sound dead to me....lol

This board is really becoming a drag. Im glad these issues come up so I can see where you all stand.  Im glad the season is over so I dont have to be around a bunch of uninformed racists ....smh

You lost a job due to affirmative action....lol. So did you give up in life or keep pushing?? YOU  dont wanna know about MY struggles, Trust me... .

[/QUOTE]

Of course I didn't give up. I received my CPA license and now live comfortably instead of sitting on my couchblamingothersfor my misfortune. I never said that racism is gone or will be, but focusing on it for every little thing willcertainly help perpetuate it. 

You can go on thinking that whites ge every benefit known toman, but we don't. I watched friends get a free ride throughcollege because of their race while I had to take loans because I supported myself and earned too much for any aid.When I didn't land that job, I lost it to a minority who hadjust finished school with no experience. I worked in accounting during college, was the president of two clubs,volunteered with BB/BS, had a 3.9GPA, etc. 

I never blamed it on anyone but our society. It is what it is, but don't say that no race is wothout issues. That is just ignorant. I typed this on my phone so there are probably countless grammar/spelling errors.

[/QUOTE]

First and foremost, your story seems highly improbable.  The vast majority of scholarships in this country go to white applicants and people of color often do not even realize the opportunities available to them.  The problem with people like you is that you do not see the big picture.  You deal with life based on anecdotes and do not understand wider soceital structures that explain why things are the way they are.  You're also a racist, and I don't know if it's purposeful or out of ignorance but you are.  Your entire post demonstrates an "anti-black attitudes" as measured by political scientists for years.  All your assumptions feed into your perceptions about African-Americans despite the facts that statistics do not support your claims.  Somehow you think that a people who have been held back in this country for centuries--and were not really given any sort of freedom until about 40 years ago are somehow supposed to compensate for a 400+ year head start in a single generation.  I am sure African-Americans appreciate your vote of confidence, but it's entirely unlikely.  Especially because racism did not end with the Civil Rights Act.  It did not suddenly mean that AAs were going to get a bunch of jobs or that people were more willing to hire them.  The jobs most accessible to them were manufacturing jobs which are largely gone.  It disporprtionately effects people of color.  What happened to them were racist zoning laws (many since struck down as unconstitutional) that essentially limited where African-Americans could live and which led to places like the ghettoes in Chicago right now.

Where you have a high concentration of poor people with no work, you will have crime.  What we see today in Chicago is generations in the making.  You do not have to be rich to benefit from being white.  You do not have to be embarassed about your success if you are well and whie or came from the bottom, etc.  But if you truly believe that this government and nation is a social contract among all of the people, then you must aware of bias and how it effects things.  Racism is not slowly creeping away and neither is lack of representation.  I suggest you this quick article about "Explaining White Privilege to a Broke White Person":

http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/explaining-white-privilege-to-a-broke-white-person-shesaid/

You may mean well, but you're missing the point. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO, it's a  tautology to decree that the word "thug" indicates a racial stereotype in most, let alone every, use. That being said, it IS used by races other than African-American to directly and indirectly assert a nasty meaning to the word that can be defined as simply a synonym for the "n" word. It's not up to me as a white person to dictate what some other race feels when they hear a particular word spoken by another race or nationality. I'm Irish and if another Irishman uses the term "Thick Mick", I'll laugh it off, or even interpret it as a term of endearment, but if I heard someone else who was not Irish use it just might tick me off....what you see depends upon where you sit.....

Sherman is a very intelligent guy...he DID attend Stanford and you can't be a dummy and go there....and if he was on our team he'd be an instant hero....he knows the impact of the words he speaks...he admitted he was wrong to go off after the game like he did....but he had every right to react to what was written about him on twitter in any way he chose.....I will always defend his right to do so....it's HIS experience that he's discussing and I cannot say what that has been...

[/QUOTE]

*Applauds*  This right here is what so many groups of people in this country do not understand.  You cannot tell another group of people what they should or should not be offended by. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The words thug, punk, bum, s**mbag,etc. are used interchangably to describe people. There probably aren't too many bonified semanticists out there.

The fact that some in the black community will play the race card [along with their bleeding heart liberals] at contrived opportunties, impedes this country from moving forward!!

Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakan,Belifonte are racists by definition. That is how they make their living.

Carson,Cosby,Steele,Williams are the people who should be listened to.

[/QUOTE]

We are on a messageboard where this man jsut referred to Harry BELAFONTE as a racist.  A man who lived in a time where a white woman holding his hand was controversial and he had to fear for his life.  This is the lunacy of this board.  You know nothing about black people, and are an ignorant racist.  It's really that simple.  You don't want to understand because you've made up your mind.  I'm embarrassed to be a part of the same fan base as you.  You're the type Fox News watching, loud-mouth conservative radio personality-listening brain-washed person who seeks to profess morality and what is right.  You just sat there and listed a bunch of black people who do not engage with the African-American community in anyway and are just seen as people who (Cosby aside) play a token role by saying what white racist want to say but cannot because then they'd be regarded as such.  They have no credeibility and have been refuted at every interval and have found themselves in endless contradictions.  I have black friends who are conservatives and still recognize that most conservatives have no understanding of race in America.  The same people who labeled MLK a terrorist in his heyday and claimed that he was disturbing the status quo now want to use his name to defend their talking points....you're that type.  You're a joke, and I'm happy that my generation is nothing like you. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NonChalant1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE]

I wonder what Martin Luther King Jr would say about how African-Americans carried his message to this day?  Seems they use the race card far more often today than "whites" did in the days of MLK.

[/QUOTE]

Don't you dare try to obscure MLK's message to fit into your uninformed and ignorant notion of racism.  I'm sick and tired of people dumbing down what that man stood for to substantiate their own ignorance.  Nothing about his character demonstrates that he would support the usage of the world thug as it is applied almost exclusively to African-Americans.  What's hilarious is despite every cognizable statistic and barometer pointing systematic racism (and realistically it's more about classism than racism in America), you have people like you who ruin the debate.  You guys think that dealing with racism is pretending it does not exist.  You think that just by not talking about it, it disappeared and that somehow after the Civil Rights Act was passed that racism ended immediately.  

Despite, every statistic in the US showing that a white man with a jail record has a better opportunity of getting a job than a black man without one.  You've effectively blocked out any substantive discussion on race by calling anyone who mentions it a racist and claiming that they are actually the racist.  That is what the "race card" has been turned into--a means to deflect and dodge issues that directly correlate to race.  But what's even more arrogant is your audacity to tell people of color, the ones who MLK was advocating for and who his message resonated with the most, what racism is.  The audacity of you to cast aside an entire group of people as somehow being paranoid and making excuses when these are the same people who willing to get put in jail, beaten and lynched for the right to walk on the same sidewalk as you.

Suddenly, now they're all crazy and they don't understand code or racism.  How about you stop and listen to what they're saying and empathize with them or understand them....You can disagree without being so callous about it.  But that would require some degree of integrity and earnestness when it comes to issues of race, and apparently America no longer has that.  Race never disappeared, people of color just don't speak about it as much because they are a minority trying to network in a nation where they are largely disenfranchised.  Most of my friends are white and come from all backgrounds and have different politics and they're educated enough to know that race is an issue.  People like you guys in this thread are why I can never convince any people of color outside of New England that Boston isn't still a bastion of racism like they've all believed and their families have believed since the 60s and 70s.  There is a reason Kevin Garnett had to ask Chauncey Billups before coming to the Celtics about whether or not racism was a big deal in Boston.  You all need to take courses on critical race theory and have earnest conversations about race.  What Richard Sherman said, has been said by black people throughout this decade....it's what most African-Americans think about how "thug" is applied, they were more shocked that an athlete had the guts to say what people of color have been thinking for awhile.  This is what happens when you ignore how minority groups feel about issues, when you hear the truth you get all shocked.  This isn't just about you, it's about every ignoramous in this thread. 

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Jesse jackson just spend the last 50 years crapping on MLK's message?

Billups and Garnett took the rhetoric and ran with it?  Gee, that must mean they're right, huh?

Do you know old that is? Yankee fans threw batteries at Jim Rice for chrissakes. Does that mean people in NY are racist across the board?  Of course not. How akward of a premise.

I mean, it's so dumb.  

There are racists everywhere, it's not just Boston because there was a nationally broadcsted busing incident in the mid 1970s. Literally every city went through that in the north.  Detroit, Philly, NY, CHicago, etc. Please.

Yawkey was a racist owner of the Sox. Ok. So.  The first black NHL player played in Boston. The Celtics welcomed many a black player to the organization when it wasn't popular to do so. What is your point here? Boston and New England is littered with racists? lol

The fact that Chauncey Freaking Billups was a bust here explains why he was concerned about "racism" in Boston, too.  Maybe he shouldn't have been so concerned with that i in one of the most liberal parts of the country? Mabe the Hawks, Orlando Magic or Charotte should have drafted him, huh? What a tool. Same thing Garnett. What a silly myth that is. It's just sad that people think racism is relegated to one specific part of country, when it's everywhere.

You got one bad apple, one group amongst thousands of others and you impugn an entire city or region?  Boston/MA is one of the more liberal areas in the country for crying out loud.  It's infamous for taking in NUMEROUS immigrant groups as well, which cannot be said for the South.

Is everyone in California or the west coast racist because they rounded up Japanese immigrants during World War II? Of course not.

For me, I am not shocked at all. All I ask is, when is the victim card tied to race baiting, going to end?  Why is it still used?  Do you know how insulting that is to people who support minority groups? When you spend your life, your parents spend their lives following a fraud like Jesse Jackson, you become conditioned to play the victim role your entire life like Jesse Jackson did, as he made MILLIONS of off race baiting. It's not my problem some people bought into a race baiting fraud like that.

That's why people like Stephen A. Smith exist and say what he says. Him even posing the question makes him a racist. How does that grab ya?  Yeah.  Stephen A. Smith is a racist. as is Jamele Hill. Howard Bryant is another.  They're obsessed with race baiting and causing a stir, where they profit off of it.  It's what they use to write columns, books, you name it. ESPN all but promotes that shock value crap, too, so I blame them for it as well.

I remember Jamele Hill once called Celtics fans Hitler. No lie. She was forced to pull the column down by ESPN. It's race baiting. It's not healthy and people are tired of it.

When will it end?  

MLK has rolled over in his grave a million times already with how Jesse Jackson corrupted his leadership, courage and message.  MLK was not a race baiter.   There is a clear difference between a hero like MLK and a disgraceful human like Jesse Jackson who has profited off of race baiting for 50 years.  

Do you know Jackson lied about being the last one to be with MLK when he died? Then, the next day he was on a plane to Chicago to promote himself.  He lied about that and tried to piggyback off of MLK. Yep. Truth.

None of what you said above is even accurate. I've acknowldged the race based policies and the skeletons in this country's closet with regards to that. I realize the Emancipation Proclomation, followed by 100 years of no progression and a Civik Rights bill in 1965 being too slow or one some ways embarassing that it needed to be that way. I said that above.  There is no question about that. I just don't see what good it does blacks in leadership positions to continue on playing the race card so frequently, when it's completely unneccesary to do so.

1. Do not join a gang.

2. Do not get knocked up or doing any knocking up in high school (0r college).

3. Graduate high school. I don't care how long it takes, just get it done.

4. Get to college.

5. Graduate college.

You have to work towards something and have skills. You can't just show up and expect to be handed something. It doesn't work that way.  

This is just a list of stereotypes about what Blacks are like . . . C'mon Rusty.  You're smarter than this.  These are the kinds of stereotypes that drive Blacks who don't do any of this stuff crazy.  Just because you're Black, people assume you're some kind of gang banging father of 20 children who dropped out of school and doesn't work. 

Geez.  

Ironic, Richard Sherman just showed young blacks how to do it.  The difference is, they won't be going to the NFL and making millions, but they sure can earn a college degree.

There are financing programs available.  Loans, grants, sometimes scholarships or blacks can get free tuition in certain circumstances.  

I fully realize there all kinds of negatives in certain bad environments for blacks, etc, but that ALSO happens in rural areas for whites, too. Or, even poor Hispanics.  It's socio-economic, it's just a not a skin color thing.

You have to make yourself attractive to employers in this society.  It's that simple. It's a global economy. People move all over the country, the world, etc, today for a career.  If you stay in that bad neighborhood you grew up in, nothing is going to happen.

Joining a gang is not cool.  Dealing drugs is not cool.  Knocking up chicks left and right, is not cool.  I don't care if Shawn Kemp did it or Cromartie does it, it's not cool.  Work hard, keep your head down and do what you are supposed to do the best you can, and be a good person and good things will happen. It's not a conspiracy. It's very simple.

People don't sit around board rooms saying "we can't hire or do business with them because they are black". It doesn't happen in 2014. I am not even sure that was a thought 20 years ago.

Finally,  it's just a bunch of garbage that companies refuse to hire talented African Americans with college degrees.  I have worked and worth with many hard working and intelligent blacks. 

There may be certain racist communities in the south that certainly discriminate, but again, if you have the skills, the merit, etc, you will be hired.  

Finally, and last time, the word thug is not racist and is not in place of the N Word. It's a preposterous premise.

No one is claiming they can speak for someone who is black and what they've experienced. This has nothing to do with that.

This has to do with a black person or persons claiming white people are sneaking around using a word thug, to not come off racist, when the word thug is applied to all people, not just blacks.

It's highly comical you're telling people like me to take courses on this stuff and have an open discussion, and here you are lecturing an educated individual who took many a course on these topics and having an open discussion on it.

The only problem is, I am not black, so I  guess I can't form an opinion on it?

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts