Re: Thug is now a code word

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I

I'm guessing most of that is Rusty. I have him on ignore so I pretty much see none of that and have trained myself to skip over any posts that are replying to him but for the most part you've made similar statements regarding white and lumping them in. For some of the statements though were the specifically referencing Sherman (ie in reference to not being called a thug) or where they a general if you don't want to be called a thug. If it's general I agree with that statement, don't do that and you won't be and if it was directly in reference to Sherman then yes I say that's a bad statement to make period

In fairness to Rusty, only the last of those was his.  All the others were from three or four other commenters.  

I'm not lumping all whites as racist by any means.  My conclusions are based on actual statements like those above, all of which I believe are influenced by racist stereotypes even if they are not all racist themselves.  

I do believe, however, that racial stereotyping of blacks is far more prevelant than whites generally think.  As whites, we often don't notice these stereotypes they are so deeply ingrained in the way we think.  Blacks notice them because they don't share the same stereotypes about themselves and because they are affected negatively by them.  When they protest, we react with surprise and outrage--blaming them of baselessly using the 'race card'.  The reality, though, is we're just blind to the stereotyping that is so blatantly obvious to the blacks affected by it.  

Pro.... why don't you sterotype the Keystone Pipeline?

Pro's been living in Canada too long, he's lost touch with what's going on in the USA.

Their are hard working educated blacks in this country who are succeeding, only to have another faction of their race throw all their achievements under the bus by always using the race card and crying that whitey is keeping them down. Not so, they are keeping themselves down and this is being fueled by the liberal agenda of governmet dependency.

Here's a hint.  A hard working successful black person's achievements are no more affected by what Al Sharpton says or does than your achievements are. If you think they are, then you've got a problem with race.

Also, I've been back to the US three different times in the last two weeks. 

First i was not talking about my achivements or worried about a dumbasssss like Sharpton. I have no problem with race. But I have a problem with dumbassssses of any color who blame others and don't do enough to improve their quality fo life..

You think Colin Powell, says oh gee whiz Al I agree with all your race baiting and efforts to protray our race as incapable of succeding? NO

Guys like Sharpton and Jackson and others of their ilk are not doing any favors for their fellow black men and woman.

+10

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In LBJ's time the single parent homes was about 6% ofthe population.

Today SPH approximately...white 25%, Hipanic 50%, Black 75%

How is that for sterotyping.

Government policies and society's "anything goes" are responsible for that

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I

I'm guessing most of that is Rusty. I have him on ignore so I pretty much see none of that and have trained myself to skip over any posts that are replying to him but for the most part you've made similar statements regarding white and lumping them in. For some of the statements though were the specifically referencing Sherman (ie in reference to not being called a thug) or where they a general if you don't want to be called a thug. If it's general I agree with that statement, don't do that and you won't be and if it was directly in reference to Sherman then yes I say that's a bad statement to make period

In fairness to Rusty, only the last of those was his.  All the others were from three or four other commenters.  

I'm not lumping all whites as racist by any means.  My conclusions are based on actual statements like those above, all of which I believe are influenced by racist stereotypes even if they are not all racist themselves.  

I do believe, however, that racial stereotyping of blacks is far more prevelant than whites generally think.  As whites, we often don't notice these stereotypes they are so deeply ingrained in the way we think.  Blacks notice them because they don't share the same stereotypes about themselves and because they are affected negatively by them.  When they protest, we react with surprise and outrage--blaming them of baselessly using the 'race card'.  The reality, though, is we're just blind to the stereotyping that is so blatantly obvious to the blacks affected by it.  

Pro's been living in Canada too long, he's lost touch with what's going on in the USA.

Their are hard working educated blacks in this country who are succeeding, only to have another faction of their race throw all their achievements under the bus by always using the race card and crying that whitey is keeping them down. Not so, they are keeping themselves down and this is being fueled by the liberal agenda of governmet dependency.

Here's a hint.  A hard working successful black person's achievements are no more affected by what Al Sharpton says or does than your achievements are. If you think they are, then you've got a problem with race.

First i was not talking about my achivements or worried about a dumbasssss like Sharpton. I have no problem with race. But I have a problem with dumbassssses of any color who blame others and don't do enough to improve their quality fo life..

You think Colin Powell, says oh gee whiz Al I agree with all your race baiting and efforts to protray our race as incapable of succeding? NO

Guys like Sharpton and Jackson and others of their ilk are not doing any favors for their fellow black men and woman.

Who exactly are these "dumbasses" you do have a problem with "who blame others and don't do enough to improve their quality of life"?  Please be specific because it sounds to me you're painting with a rather broad brush.  

And exactly why does what Sharpton or Jackson say have any bearing at all on how you feel about other black people who have nothing to do with them?   

•  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I

Who exactly are these "dumbasses" you do have a problem with "who blame others and don't do enough to improve their quality of life"?  Please be specific because it sounds to me you're painting with a rather broad brush.  

And exactly why does what Sharpton or Jackson say have any bearing at all on how you feel about other black people who have nothing to do with them?   

dude your going in circles. dumbassssses of any color who blame others

•  

bump

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

John Boehner: RACIST!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-24/boehner-calls-putin-a-thug-urges-obama-to-defend-u-s-interests.html

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts