Thursday Game Special for me. Dad passed at 2010 Playoff Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Thursday Game Special for me. Dad passed at 2010 Playoff Game

This thread reminds me of a thread from last year...

last year I remember reading a post from someone who's father passed away at a game.  The father had season tickets and the poster and his father had a disagreement about the season tickets prior to the game that his Father passed away at and they were not on the greatest of terms when the father passed away.  The poster was having a tough time due to the Father passing away and them not being able to reconcile prior to him passing.  Anyone remember who the poster was?  I was curious and hoping that person was doing better and and found peace with how it ended.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sorry about your dad dude, but seriously, if true this is one F'ed up thread.  A bit to much sharing. 

[/QUOTE]

Tcal whats "F'ed up" is you and your repsonse! I would expect such nonsense from some of the trolls but not from a professed Pats fan! The original poster was just reminscning about good memories with his father, whats wrong with that? Sports has a way of bringing boys and their dads closer together no matter how old they are. Birthdays and holidays are hard times of year for anyone who has lost a loved one. I lost my dad 4 years ago and am still not over it. You clearly are lucky enough not have lost anyone close to you yet, but dont worry when you do hopefully folks will be there to support you not mock or insult you.

[/QUOTE]

Both my parents passed yet I never felt it necessary to discuss the details on an Internet forum. To write about a loved one stroking out with 13 minutes left in a football game (if true, which I find a bit hard to believe) is completely out of line and in my mind disrespectful.  If your good with it then I guess we have a different set of values.

[/QUOTE]

TCAL - I like most of your post here but I lost some repect for you today man. Grow up! nothing nice to add to the OP. Try saying nothing then.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I guess I didn't read the memo from PT Barnum about believing everything you read on the Internet.  Who the hell would note the time of a football game while a loved one is dying a horrible death from a stroke?  Who in their right mind would post such intimate details of a loved one's death on an Internet forum?

Answer: No One.

A normal person wouldn't of posted this in the first place but if they just had to I would expect to read something like "my dad passed a few years back during a Pat's Jets game so it has special meaning to me"

Advice to all.  Use a little deductive reasoning when reading post on the Internet and don't jump on the politicaly correct bandwagon.

It's a free country so believe what you want to believe and always remember once someone puts something out there don't cry about what response another poster may have.  If th OP Posts a copy of the death certificate I'll glady apologize.  Otherwise shut the hell up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice language, very classy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Strangely enough, no media outlets reported this happening.  These things tend to be talked about nationally.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-17/us/new.york.death.jets_1_vehicle-police-stunning-victory?_s=PM:US

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5570720

To add insult to injury (or in this case, death), not even a mention of such a diehard fan passing at a playoff game.  That sure is disrespectful to your dad and reflects poorly on the Patriots organization.

I have gone ahead and contacted the New England Patriots and really gave them a good talking to, inquiring why there was no mention of this anywhere.  Hopefully, your dad will get the recognition he deserves as a fan who laid it all on the line for the team he loved.

Speaking for all Jet fans who have lost close relatives at football games, we are wholeheartedly sorry for your loss.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your death won't hit the main stream media either.  Just and note somewhere that says Strange Looking being found under and Bridge...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

YIKES... I thought I was cynical.  This struck me as true but the fact is we don't know.  just got to go with the truth as you see it.  Different povs have to be part of the program. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Seastixholdersince1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I dont post a lot on this board but i read all of the posts everyday and enjoy all the perspective on the Pats and sports in general. Thursday would of been my Dads birthday. He had a stroke with 13 minutes to go before half time at Foxboro against the Jets. He was a dedicated Pats fan driving from Schenectady New York for 40 years. License plate "PATSFAN". Asking for some Mojo this holiday for my best friend on his birthday. I know he will be looking down and cheering for a Pats win.

[/QUOTE]

You're lucky to have a dad like that and he was lucky to have passed while experiencing what he loved... I can say as a part of this board that our mojo is all about getting real and speaking the truth as we see it...  Patriots are real and play with a deeper understanding of what this game is about.  I get this and appreciate how this team puts it out on the field every game.  Your dad may have felt a similar connection to these players and this team.  It's  a great thing to see this game in all its drama and depth and passion and intensity and realize that it really means a lot to share it with other cool people who get it... Like your dad and I'm glad he'll be watching along with all the rest of us Patriot fans. 

[/QUOTE]

Great post and thanks for the thoughts!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Ya know there are some real looooosers on this board but i will refrain from mentioning them as they know who they are.Actually we had Jets season tickets and the Mets but found something better in Foxboro. Shout out to Coolade2, TFB12, Quagmire3, The hub,,,... You guys rock. Pats win!!! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Strangely enough, no media outlets reported this happening.  These things tend to be talked about nationally.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-17/us/new.york.death.jets_1_vehicle-police-stunning-victory?_s=PM:US

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5570720

To add insult to injury (or in this case, death), not even a mention of such a diehard fan passing at a playoff game.  That sure is disrespectful to your dad and reflects poorly on the Patriots organization.

I have gone ahead and contacted the New England Patriots and really gave them a good talking to, inquiring why there was no mention of this anywhere.  Hopefully, your dad will get the recognition he deserves as a fan who laid it all on the line for the team he loved.

Speaking for all Jet fans who have lost close relatives at football games, we are wholeheartedly sorry for your loss.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your death won't hit the main stream media either.  Just and note somewhere that says Strange Looking being found under and Bridge...

[/QUOTE]

You may be right, but I can assure you my resurrection will.

[/QUOTE]

OK that was funny, keep raising He!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nice language, very classy.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, after todays posts from you, we are all lining up for lessons in class from you. Wake up you moron.....then go home and yell at your kids and kick the dog. A typical day I'm sure for such a classy fellow as yourself. Idiot.

[/QUOTE]

You have a real potty mouth Suzy and you hurl insults like Rusty.  Good for you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Sincere condolences seastixholdersince1971 on you're loss .

Thanksgiving can be a tough time when a loved one has recently passed .

I imagine it must have felt a bit like divine intervention when you saw who the Pats were playing this year .

I can also imagine there's likely a silent majority of BDC regulars out there like yourself that only post when they feel strongly about a subject ( so seldom post )

To put your heart & soul into a post only to see a few misguided individuals flex their puny brains can't be a good feeling.

You clearly deserve better then the absolute garbage a few of the pathetic minority here have unfortunately felt the need to express.

You're also likely the type of person who wishes their miserable lifes improve .

BEST WISHES

Capt F.

PS :

Don't let the Bazztards get you down .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sincere condolences seastixholdersince1971 on you're loss .

Thanksgiving can be a tough time when a loved one has recently passed .

I imagine it must have felt a bit like divine intervention when you saw who the Pats were playing this year .

I can also imagine there's likely a silent majority of BDC regulars out there like yourself that only post when they feel strongly about a subject ( so seldom post )

To put your heart & soul into a post only to see a few misguided individuals flex their puny brains can't be a good feeling.

You clearly deserve better then the absolute garbage a few of the pathetic minority here have unfortunately felt the need to express.

You're also likely the type of person who wishes their miserable lifes improve .

BEST WISHES

Capt F.

PS :

Don't let the Bazztards get you down .

[/QUOTE]

Capt F appreciate you..Have a great Holiday...

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Seastixholdersince1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I dont post a lot on this board but i read all of the posts everyday and enjoy all the perspective on the Pats and sports in general. Thursday would of been my Dads birthday. He had a stroke with 13 minutes to go before half time at Foxboro against the Jets. He was a dedicated Pats fan driving from Schenectady New York for 40 years. License plate "PATSFAN". Asking for some Mojo this holiday for my best friend on his birthday. I know he will be looking down and cheering for a Pats win.

[/QUOTE]

And here we were depressed that night about the game. Manifoldly more discouraging for you. Thats a tough one, God bless and go Pats!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry about your dad dude, but seriously, if true this is one F'ed up thread.  A bit to much sharing. 

[/QUOTE]

This isnt like you tcal. Youre better than this man, that is awful. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I guess I didn't read the memo from PT Barnum about believing everything you read on the Internet.  Who the hell would note the time of a football game while a loved one is dying a horrible death from a stroke?  Who in their right mind would post such intimate details of a loved one's death on an Internet forum?

Answer: No One.

A normal person wouldn't of posted this in the first place but if they just had to I would expect to read something like "my dad passed a few years back during a Pat's Jets game so it has special meaning to me"

Advice to all.  Use a little deductive reasoning when reading post on the Internet and don't jump on the politicaly correct bandwagon.

It's a free country so believe what you want to believe and always remember once someone puts something out there don't cry about what response another poster may have.  If th OP Posts a copy of the death certificate I'll glady apologize.  Otherwise shut the hell up.

[/QUOTE]

ur a piece of human trash...real garbage-drive off a bridge tomorrow and the world will be a better place

how was that political correctness for you, sc*-bag?

[/QUOTE]

Im with you on this one. That crap was lower than low, then he asks to have the DC posted? Click the links, the story is there. I can only think he's hit the sauce early because he is unloved and has nothing to be thankful for.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts