Tiki Barber a Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Tiki Barber a Patriot?

Allbert Breer has reported on Twitter that the Pats and and the Steelers are very interested in singing Tiki out of retirement.  Seems like a good move, why not pick up Plax and make another run at a superbowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Tiki Barber a Patriot?

How long has he been "retired"? Is he broke or bored? They've got BJGE, who I think is a very solid RB. There's Woodhead to help with the "Kevin Faulk" role, and they picked up two RBs in the draft. Don't believe what some of these "twitters" say. I can't see BB being interested in another over-the-hill (and resting at the bottom of the other side) back! No offense, but I think this is just fluff since there's nothing real to twitter about!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

They can sing him all they want as long as they don't sign him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Breer has no idea what is happening with the Pats. Thats why he went to ESPN or NFL Network or wherever he went.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Why would the Pats waste a valuable roster spot on him when they got way more talented players they need to make sure have room for....Tiki...too funny!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Oh Boy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, right, let's give Kevin Faulk, a lifetime Pat, the boot so we can use his roster spot for this washed up ingrate! Pfffft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Tiki DeMilo * no hands*...   no thanks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

We have a very strong rookie prospect for feature back in Vereen. We have two very good "passing down" backs in Faulk and Woodhead. Now perhaps a decent short yardage man in the "other" rookie plus a solid if not exceptional all purpose RB in BJGE. No need for this guy since this draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BERNIENH. Show BERNIENH's posts

Breer, When did he last get a story right?

He picked the Dolphins last year as a shoe in to win the division.

No Tiki for BB. He is a pain in general. He screwed up his broadcasting career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Let's sign an egotistical, washed up failed media broadcaster to the one position on the team where we truly have a glut of players at all ages and skill levels. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Great. A 36 year old running back. About the only way they could get someone older than last year's squad, lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

1. We're fairly well stocked in that department now.  Certainly stocked enough to not need a 36 year old back who has been out of the game.

2. Didn't like how he was outspoken later in his career.  His attitude reminded me of Adalius Thomas.

3. He threw his team under the bus to get his initial spark in the media.  A small percentage of former players turned media try to make their splash by throwing former teams under the bus.  He is one of them.  On that note, I hope Ross Tucker's career collapses on him too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Probably not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

c'mon, really?  I can't believe you even wasted energy into writing this!  I have a better chance of winning the lottery, banging Giselle, and getting struck by lightening - all in the same day then the Pats picking up this has-been!

Especially being stacked at RB and having to figure out what to do with Kevin Faulk!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

They just went 14-2 and had a great draft. Why......for the love of all things holy would they ever go after these two and why would you think it's a good move?

Plax may be hungry and I could see him contributing with someone but Tiki? Why not Emmitt? or Barry? They aren't much older.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Forget the Pats. I can't see anybody signing this guy. He'd lost his fire four years ago-- which is not the same as saying he couldn't play -- deciding he could make his fortune in front of the camera.

Whoops!

Now, at a rare age for any NFL player and senility stage for running backs, he's in deep financial trouble and is going in the only direction left to him.

Good luck with that.

He might make a roster purely on name recognition, but it certainly won't be with a contender.

Breer is a dope.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I hear Bettis has fresh legs from being out of the game for a while.  Doesn't he deserve a shot too?

Please

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Didn't like this guy when he was 5 years younger - fumble machine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

22. caption

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: Tiki Barber a Patriot?:
    [QUOTE]I cant click that link from work sorry man. What was it?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, free agent Tiki Barber's two most desired landing spots are Pittsburgh and New England.

It's hardly a surprise that Barber's top targets happen to be arguably the NFL's two best franchises. Reliable beat writer Ed Bouchette has been adamant that the Steelers are not interested in Tiki. It's also hard to imagine Barber in New England, where the credo that no one player is bigger than the team is a practice, and not a cliche.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'd rather have Vereen. No way the Pats sign Tiki with the depth we have at RB now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I don't believe Breer put this out there.

Even Bree is not that stupid/self-centered.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

If faulk can return I'd prefer him over Barber...Barber is only coming back for the money...faulk cause he loves the game .....60maxpowero.com