Tim Tebow a Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Monaco117. Show Monaco117's posts

Tim Tebow a Patriot

What do you think about the Pats taking Tebow in the draft? Will he be there when we are up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Tim Tebow a Patriot

Why on earth would we draft a QB (a bad one at that) early in the draft when we have enormous needs like linebacker, defensive and offensive line, receiver, and running back?  Even if Tebow was a good QB it would be a worthless pick.  Now, add the fact that Tebow is EXTREMELY raw as a quarterback and he's among the last people on earth I would consider drafting if I were the Patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

A bad QB ? Florida had the 2nd best offense in the country. You must think Alabama has a good QB.. I mean they beat Florida and went undefeated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Can everybody please stop posting about Tebow? It's just silly! He won't be a good nfl qb. Please tell me what skill is excellent for an NFL qb. And don't tell me leadership. Doing rosary beads in the locker room won't go as far in the pros. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Rocher: You can't correlate college success with nfl success. If that were true, Ken Dorsey would be a top nfl qb. It's just silly to think Tebow will succeed. He doesn't throw well, he wasn't in a pro offense, he has a slow release, and he's not accurate. Do you want more reasons NOT to draft Tebow? He would also get crushed by an NFL defense. Who is he faster than? Maybe a 3-4 end, but not a 4-3 end. I'm sorry, but his ride is over. He's probably a great guy, but the skill set isn't there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devenmorris. Show devenmorris's posts

but since when have you become a nfl scout? odds are he IS gonna be a good qb.. everyone said ryan leaf was gonna be great.. i bet you said it too.. but we see how that was.. and i be you was like lienart is gonna be real good... and i bet you also said vince young is not gonna be crap.. hah get outta my face with this crap.. i hope the pats do get him.. we need to get some star players instead of the bottom barrel crackheads

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well as a Boston transplant here in Florida and having had the pleasure of watching every Gator game during his college career I am of the opinion that Tebow will be a very good QB in the NFL contrary to some of your opinions.He however won't be a Patriot draft choice as they will be drafting Defense this draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

One of the problems with Tom Brady is that he is a pocket QB - which limits options relative to any kind of Wildcat-type formation where he becomes a "threat". A QB like Tebow can run and maybe thrown on the run.

If one has a more mobile QB - can create additional opportunities down the field.

The Patriots have become too predictable on offense - which is one of the reasons why they're having problems in the Red Zone Offense area.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

NO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Edleman was a QB in college, if we wanted to run the wildcat we would use him....

We do not need another QB to sit on the bench.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Even if you were sure that Tebow would be a good NFL quarterback, with all of the Pat's needs they would be crazy to spend a 1st or 2nd on a quarterback.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

"Edleman was a QB in college, if we wanted to run the wildcat we would use him....

We do not need another QB to sit on the bench..... "

Good comment, m1021us. I was wondering the same thing. Why hasn't the Pats been using Edelmen as their wildcat QB? It seems like a no-brainer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Tebow would be a great pickup for the Pats in the 6th round but he won't last anywhere near that long.

The Pats have too many holes to fill before they draft any QB. I like Tebow for a number of reasons but I don't see the Pats drafting him unless he slides big time in the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

""Edleman was a QB in college, if we wanted to run the wildcat we would use him....

We do not need another QB to sit on the bench..... "

Good comment, m1021us. I was wondering the same thing. Why hasn't the Pats been using Edelmen as their wildcat QB? It seems like a no-brainer. "

I have no idea whether he can throw or not, but if he gets direct snap from Wildcat....who's going to be the slot or 3rd WR option?

Can he take the abuse if he runs from WildCat?  At least a guy like Tebow can take abuse if he runs. Then he'd have Mini Welker as a 3rd WR option (assuming Original Welker is back from rehab).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Although, I have to think Edelmen has to be able to throw as well if not better than guys like Ronnie Brown, etc., but I feel Miami's wildcat passing 'works', in part, because you don't respect a guy like Brown's ability to throw, but rather that he'll run more often than not... I think with Edelmen, perhaps the opposite is the case, e.g., he just needs to play enough as a WR for people/teams to stop respecting him as a former QB enough to allow that sort of passing threat to surface again as an option ... I guess Welker does have a few wide running plays built into the offense for him, perhaps those same WR sweeps (or whatever they are termed) could have a passing option built in... but I kinda figure the one guy wide open in such a case would be Brady.. heh... hard to run that sort of without the threat that Brady himself was now an option.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Obviously you know nothing about the NFL to post such a dumb question. The Pats couldn't afford him nor would he go someplace to sit on the bench.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Is there anyone who sucessfully runs the Wildcat?  It propelled Miami from terribleness to mediocrity.  Hardly a prototype worth following.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Can we stop with this Wildcat nonsense?  The wildcat was a fad that the Dolphins started that has been pretty much useless on every other team in the league.  As the year wore on, teams started using it less and less, including Miami, who didn't run a single wildcat snap in the second game against the Patriots.  That's telling.  Pretty soon, the wildcat formation will be a thing of the past.  I wouldn't spend a 6th round pick on a "wildcat" player, let alone a 1st or 2nd.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Can he punt? I'd take him as a 7th round punter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I had the same odd thought but then I asked myself a couple questions. Would Belichick ever run the Wildcat? He didn't this year! Say the Pats did draft Tebow in the second round. He would have a few seasons to work on his passing skills. You could still use him in the Wildcat and perhaps work him in at another position? He's a high character guy! A team leader. Crazy thought. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Wow, their are so many morons on this site its not funny. Seriously, is it just me, why cant some of us come on here and have a thoughtful, insightful, discussion about the Pats, their future, etc. I mean everyday with this bullchit, Cadillac Williams, Antonio Bryant, LT, fire BB, trade 12, get rid of Moss, Maroney has more upside than AD or CJ, and now this BS about Tebow. Tell me what qualities he has as a QB, enlighten me please, beceause from watching him the last couple years he has shown me nothing. He reminds me of a bigger, stronger Matt Cassell. He couldnt hit air beyond 15 yards, a pick n stick guy who just stares down receivers, and makes terrible decisions if his first read isnt open. Again Im all ears, why would anyone want him on this team?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Just what we need a "high character guy" who cant play! Do you guys even watch football?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

This is silly, he's not a pro calibre QB. Maybe, maybe he could turn into a good TE hybrid ala Dallas Clarke, but I don't wanna waste a draft pick on that experiment.

Sections
Shortcuts