Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

“He doesn’t fear failure,” says Walt Day, assistant chaplain to the Boston Celtics and former chaplain to the New England Patriots. “He feels he’s loved and accepted by God no matter what. His success in life isn’t based on his performance. My impression is that he feels freed up [by this understanding] to give it all he’s got.”

Denver Bronco Tim Tebow prays after an NFL football game against the Minnesota Vikings Sunday in Minneapolis.

Genevieve Ross/AP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

Someone has a crush on Tebow.  Now go away

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dude. This is a PATRIOTS forum. Stop it with the thrice weekly Tebow threads. We get it, you want to make out with him by the tabernacle.

Now move along.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Lol thats funny but what in the world is a tabernacle?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]Dude. This is a PATRIOTS forum. Stop it with the thrice weekly Tebow threads. We get it, you want to make out with him by the tabernacle. Now move along.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Too bad Tebow is "saving himself" for the right one. 
    Certainly does seem the OP is trying to score points in hopes......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]Lol thats funny but what in the world is a tabernacle?
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

It's the thing they keep the Eucharist in, in the Catholic church. It's a gold box or something of that nature, and fancy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I find it ironic that critics criticize yet those with a critical eye read and appreciate information.

Not a one of your even read the story.

Why not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]I find it ironic that critics criticize yet those with a critical eye read and appreciate information. Not a one of your even read the story. Why not?
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

And you wonder why people can't stand you born again idiots? This is why. You stick you freaking noses everywhere with your phukin' preaching. Doesn't matter that no one wants to listen to you. I've never had hemorrhoids but you are what they must feel like.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]I find it ironic that critics criticize yet those with a critical eye read and appreciate information. Not a one of your even read the story. Why not?

Because most here are sick and tired of hearing about him.
    Cripes, I like steak but don't eat it 3x a day, 24-7, 365.
    Apparently you do. ugh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If that is what he wants to believe, more power to him.  Accept the success and don't question why he thinks his Christianity contributes to that success if you are a fan of the Broncos.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : It's the thing they keep the Eucharist in, in the Catholic church. It's a gold box or something of that nature, and fancy. 
    Wow, Z, good knowledge!  And, you need a key to open it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : It's the thing they keep the Eucharist in, in the Catholic church. It's a gold box or something of that nature, and fancy. 

I think it actually applies to any container of religeous objects. In a Catholic church you're correct. As for our fanatical Tebow lover it could be the holy place where he consumates his love for him by accepting tebow's holy sausage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : BECAUSE WE DON'T GIVE A RAT'S A$S ABOUT TIM TEBOW AND WE WANT YOU TO SHUT UP ABOUT HIM!  BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ANNOYING PIECE OF CRUD WHO JUST GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND OMG ON ABOUT TIM FREAKIN' TEBOW!!!!!!! ANYONE WHO DID LIKE HIM HATES HIM NOW THANKS TO YOU AND CC!!!!!!!!!!!!                              SHUT UP!
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Man, that could't be more true.  I used to kind of like him...well, I didn't hate him, lets put it that way.  Now, my skin crawls every time I hear his name.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]If that is what he wants to believe, more power to him.  Accept the success and don't question why he thinks his Christianity contributes to that success if you are a fan of the Broncos.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

The point people are trying to make is that this isn't a Broncos or a religious forum. But his kind are immune to the fact that people don't want to listen to them. Freedom of religion is also freedom from religion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Wow, Z, good knowledge!  And, you need a key to open it!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

The  Old Testament tabernacle is where God's presence resided among the Jewish people.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Man, that could't be more true.  I used to kind of like him...well, I didn't hate him, lets put it that way.  Now, my skin crawls every time I hear his name.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

It's like hearing a new tune on the radio and thinking 'not bad' but a month later after the DJs have played it every hour 24/7 you immediately change the station.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

a tabernacle is actually the place where the holy of holies was kept.  when the isrealites were carrying around the essence of god with them, they placed it in the ark of the covenant, which eventually was housed in the tabernacle.  Everyone else since has some fake version of it.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : And you wonder why people can't stand you born again idiots? This is why. You stick you freaking noses everywhere with your phukin' preaching. Doesn't matter that no one wants to listen to you. I've never had hemorrhoids but you are what they must feel like.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Omlet is a fool and he thinks he's an Internet tough guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : The point people are trying to make is that this isn't a Broncos or a religious forum. But his kind are immune to the fact that people don't want to listen to them. Freedom of religion is also freedom from religion.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

You found it important to post here, what's your issue?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : You found it important to post here, what's your issue?

Keep ignoring the point.  You are the problem.  AND you are pretending that you are here for some other reason, but this is the kind of tripe you keep putting out.  EVERYONES issue is with YOU, big boy. AND if you really believed in God, you wouldn't keep doing what you are doing.  You would be more concerned about properly representing the God you claim to love to them, not taunting them with your nonsense.  So, I recognize you are not a "real" christian, you are just using it as trolling bait. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Keep ignoring the point.  You are the problem.  AND you are pretending that you are here for some other reason, but this is the kind of tripe you keep putting out.  EVERYONES issue is with YOU, big boy.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

He reminded me of something. A few years back one of his ilk used to preach with a bullhorn at the main buss exchange in downtown Syracuse. Every weekday twice a day during rush hour. Finally some regular commuter walked up, took the bullhorn and clocked the guy with it. The funniest thing was there were well over a hundred people there at the time and when the cops came no one saw it happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

This is madness.  Let him play. stop talking about him.  More Tebow threads than any Patriots player, is that serous?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

And this is why people don't like Tebow. Ideal worship fanatics shoving Tebow down our throats at every chance they get and then turning him into Jebus every time he does what he's getting paid to do. I wonder if this is why other fans hate Brady?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : I already answered it moron. Why don't you find nice airtight tabernacle and lock yourself in. We'll check on you in a week. Phuckingfreakbag. Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas Evil; don't miss the Polar Express....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I'm a big fan of the Polar Express. Very good movie.

Yet I find it hilarious that you're now judging his morals and character based on his actions on an online forum.

Seriously - you type of Christians - the 'do no wrong', who carries an ego with them, and takes advantage of every opportunity to bash those who don't meet their moral standard - those type of people are why there is a large group of people who are easily irritated by the Christian faith.

Save it for Church, and when you're in the privacy of your own home. We don't need to hear it.

Sections
Shortcuts