Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

Jesus_TD-----Jesus called...He has a request!  Go to the Jets forum!  He wants you to talk to the hurt and angry fans there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Ha!  Too bad Tebow is "saving himself" for the right one.  Certainly does seem the OP is trying to score points in hopes......
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I went to Fla.  No way he was able to "save" himself on that campus.  Didn't Brittany Spears have that same PR myth going?  And then what did we learn later?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Tebow makes the baby Jesus cry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]I'm a big fan of the Polar Express. Very good movie. Yet I find it hilarious that you're now judging his morals and character based on his actions on an online forum. Seriously - you type of Christians - the 'do no wrong', who carries an ego with them, and takes advantage of every opportunity to bash those who don't meet their moral standard - those type of people are why there is a large group of people who are easily irritated by the Christian faith. Save it for Church, and when you're in the privacy of your own home. We don't need to hear it.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Oh, and now I'm "judging" someone here...nice one. That's your best synopsis? I'm judging others. Nice one. Your open-mindedness entreats me to remain. Thanks! I have stated that I doubt anyone on this thread actually read the entire article. If that's considered judgement, so be it.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2011/1205/Tim-Tebow-and-Christianity-Is-it-the-secret-of-his-success

Merry Christmas vertigho!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Oh, and now I'm "judging" someone here...nice one. That's your best synopsis? I'm judging others. Nice one. I have stated that I doubt anyone on this thread actually read the entire article. That's considered judgement, so be it.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

I dont care who you are judging, donkey.  You are nothing but a guy with a desire to inflame people, and created anger and scorn.  You pretend to be a christian, but I know you for what you really are, a liar.  No christian would come in here and hold god up for ridicule like you do.  So, that leave you to be a Jest troll.  Which would fit.  Either way, you are a sham, a liar, and foolish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : I went to Fla.  No way he was able to "save" himself on that campus.  Didn't Brittany Spears have that same PR myth going?  And then what did we learn later?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Probably right, providing he likes girls.  Might be a little "priestly".
    I was watching NightLine the other night and they were doing a thing on virginity being on the rise.  Who did they showed but, Tebow and called him the only virgin in the NFL.
    I nearly puked!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Be prepared: I'm going to get on my high horse here. 

This type of reporting and post just contributes to the hate and violence seen all over the world. It's not enough to espouse a belief in God, one has to declare "Jesus Christ" as the savior....thus alienating and creating an us versus them. Jesus followers versus other followers, even though the God most people refer to has the same origins as Abraham is the grandfather of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity and I suspect Abraham's God hasn't really changed all that much.

Public proslytizers, like Tebow, do so out of fear, rather than rapture. They fear their "God" will abandon them at their death unless they proslytize.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nolastname. Show nolastname's posts

I don't understand why all these Tebow - Christianity posts are allowed in the Patriots - On the Front Burner forum.  Shouldn't they at least be moved to Around the NFL?  This is absurd - can't even enjoy being a lurker anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]I find it ironic that critics criticize yet those with a critical eye read and appreciate information. Not a one of your even read the story. Why not?

Because, if you had a clue, you would know that a high percentage of players in the NFL are Christians; you see them holding hands and praying after every game.

I guess in your mind, God has no use for the Christians on the losing side, eh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

WesternOregon, I'm with the majority of the others here on a Pats Forum. There are already Tebow threads that you could've attached your comment. I sounds to me a bit like you and Tebow are self-serving and that is NOT the way to spread the 'Good News'- Gospel. Apparently Tebow needs to UNDERSTAND the Scriptures about witnessing but he means well. Thanking God is a private thing.

Street corner phonies with bullhorns are self serving, not Christ serving. Christ has NOTHING to do with Religion! That is MAN-made and the world is going the same way now, upside/down. Christ declared Himself Saviour as promised by the God of Abraham in Genesis. Even The Muslims believe in Christ. Long story!

In reality Kurt Warner has a good take on Tebow on NFL.com in which I  agree. Kurt puts Tebow in his place in a proper and Christian-like manner. Go find it? Just like Christ wants you to find Him. Easy to do.

If anything about Tebow a new thread could've been like this: - minus the religious stuff.

The dude lit us up, Jared Allen

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Denver-Broncos-Tim-Tebow-is-most-valuable-player-in-NFL-right-now-120411

After Sunday’s game, Vikings’ defensive end Jared Allen was surely pondering Tebow and Pythagoras when he said, “I mean, the dude lit us up. ... I would have bet my paycheck that he would not have beat us passing the ball.’’

Have a good night/day all...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand why all these Tebow - Christianity posts are allowed in the Patriots - On the Front Burner forum.  Shouldn't they at least be moved to Around the NFL?  This is absurd - can't even enjoy being a lurker anymore.
    Posted by nolastname[/QUOTE]

You are right, they used to move this stuff all the time. What happened?
    Guess they gotta get 50 complaints before they do anything any more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : I think it actually applies to any container of religeous objects. In a Catholic church you're correct. As for our fanatical Tebow lover it could be the holy place where he consumates his love for him by accepting tebow's holy sausage.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

You are correct. 

You see, though, Evil, he's keepin it real.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : So, I recognize you are not a "real" christian, you are just using it as trolling bait. 
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

OMFG. Where is P-Mike when we need a POSTY nomination. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : OMFG. Where is P-Mike when we need a POSTY nomination. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

He has a couple of weeks left before the nominations are made....lol  It will be interesting to see what the categories are this year for this forum!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Because, if you had a clue, you would know that a high percentage of players in the NFL are Christians; you see them holding hands and praying after every game. I guess in your mind, God has no use for the Christians on the losing side, eh? Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Whoa now...this is your response to my post asking why none of the people on this thread even read the article from The CSM. You conjecture that I believe, "God has no use for Christians on the losing side..." from that?
    Whoa, that's a stretch.

Can you fill us in on the percentage of NFL players that are Christians?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Whoa now...this is your response to my post asking why none of the people on this thread even read the article from The CSM. You conjecture that I believe, "God has no use for Christians on the losing side..." from that? Whoa, that's a stretch. Can you fill us in on the percentage of NFL players that are Christians?

I am sure you are now the favorite in one of the categories!  You will get a lot of votes!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity:  Who did they showed but, Tebow and called him the only virgin in the NFL. I nearly puked!

?????????????????????????????????????????????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : He has a couple of weeks left before the nominations are made....lol  It will be interesting to see what the categories are this year for this forum!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Dear lord. Rocky remind me to bump this thread, because that line was absolutely classic Boston.com.

I mean, really. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : ?????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, that's enough to make one puk e also.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Yes, that's enough to make one puk e also.

It's also enough to make one doubt Timmy is the only virgin in the NFL. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : It's also enough to make one doubt Timmy is the only virgin in the NFL. 

Yup, except that didn't Geyton just have twins?  Must have been the Immaculate Conception. ( With a little dose of Invetro, Of course. )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]“He doesn’t fear failure,” says Walt Day, assistant chaplain to the Boston Celtics and former chaplain to the New England Patriots . “He feels he’s loved and accepted by God no matter what. His success in life isn’t based on his performance. My impression is that he feels freed up [by this understanding] to give it all he’s got.” http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2011/1205/Tim-Tebow-and-Christianity-Is-it-the-secret-of-his-success Denver Bronco Tim Tebow prays after an NFL football game against the Minnesota Vikings Sunday in Minneapolis. Genevieve Ross/AP

I'm going to venture a guess that his TWO TURNOVERS IN EIGHT GAMES play a bigger role in his success

And his 4th quarter scoring

And his defense that gives him short fields

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Tebow the virgin has a powerful grip and that is why he never fumbles.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

It is his secret. IF you would read the bible more you people would see that God is always with those who truly serve and worship him and don't hide it. Some of you should try it you might see more success in your life.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I guess the best way to make a topic like this vanish is to not add any posts to it. Making the OP vanish is as easy as Ignore. Any response at all keeps this topic around (which I am doing right now)

Sections
Shortcuts