Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    It is his secret. IF you would read the bible more you people would see that God is always with those who truly serve and worship him and don't hide it. Some of you should try it you might see more success in your life.
    Posted by WelkerRules

"I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth...."

This thread poses a rhetorical question (The rhetorical question is usually defined as any question asked for a purpose other than to obtain the information the question asks...) and has revealed anger, offense, profanity, false accusation, rejection, fear, frustration.
    Your choice to hold to your anger, your sense of offense, your use of profanity, your false accusations, your rejection, your own fear and your own frustration.
    You may reject Tim Tebow as a player (he's a winner in the NFL, none of you are) and as a believer. Why?

Many PREACH love and acceptance, few practice it.

That is not judgement, that is observation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

That is the most ridiculous insane comment I have ever heard. REALLY?In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    Be prepared: I'm going to get on my high horse here.  This type of reporting and post just contributes to the hate and violence seen all over the world. It's not enough to espouse a belief in God, one has to declare "Jesus Christ" as the savior....thus alienating and creating an us versus them. Jesus followers versus other followers, even though the God most people refer to has the same origins  as Abraham is the grandfather of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity and I suspect Abraham's God hasn't really changed all that much. Public proslytizers, like Tebow, do so out of fear, rather than rapture. They fear their "God" will abandon them at their death unless they proslytize.      
    Posted by gandalf433

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It always just seems that nothing whatsoever absolves a man from dealing with the penitence of exacting personal responsibility from his own beliefs, creeds, actions, and deeds, The way full devotion to certain organized faith-systems do...  We should ALL strive to have such leisurely peace of mind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    Be prepared: I'm going to get on my high horse here.  This type of reporting and post just contributes to the hate and violence seen all over the world. It's not enough to espouse a belief in God, one has to declare "Jesus Christ" as the savior....thus alienating and creating an us versus them. Jesus followers versus other followers, even though the God most people refer to has the same origins  as Abraham is the grandfather of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity and I suspect Abraham's God hasn't really changed all that much. Public proslytizers, like Tebow, do so out of fear, rather than rapture. They fear their "God" will abandon them at their death unless they proslytize.      
    Posted by gandalf433

Random take of this post~

I've always believed Jesus Christ had it pretty easy...  Here me out:  I personally, would endure, ANY hardship for however long- KNOW this:  I would gleefully accept 30 straight years of being just BRUTALLY bloodied and tortured to a sheer pulp, IF=I knew that there both was a God, and I was his chosen son...And my overall mission (between torture sessions, that is)- was to make mankind more loving, tolerant, and understanding of one other...

So label me as D#mned...I am anyway.  From the patriarchel side of my family's lineage, I seem to have been "blessed" with inheriting the universal archetype, From ages and ages of Irish ancestors long past, OF:  Top-notch A#1 supreme quality, Irish-Catholic Guilt.  Uggh, Catholic guilt isn't so much in dealing with the specific terms of being guilty of some sin you've apparently committed...  No.  Not at all.  The "Guilt" in it's most general sense is all that matters:  You f'ed-up SOME-where buddy, and it doesn't matter where...Ya just better know dang well that you did.  You even entertaining the notion of "hey, maybe I didn't scr#w up", Is inevitably gonna make the judge at your sentencing hearing, just go 1000X harder ya, So don't even go there...    

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Dear lord. Rocky remind me to bump this thread, because that line was absolutely classic Boston.com. I mean, really. 
    Posted by zbellino

Who was our nominator last year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

Good post Oregon. Nice to see all the Bible quoting Google Christians bringing their hate. You bring up a Biblical term and the Google Bandwidth instantly goes up 10%. It's blatantly apparent that these angry and miserable people fear God and fear the truth. It should be an interesting week when Tebow does a number on our defense. I'll be rooting for the Pats but This guy is hard to stop even with a good defense.

Lotta ChristaPhobs out there and I'd like to thankyou for bringing some sanity to this forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : You'd Do him!  The fascination with Tim on your part is obvious. You can't help but post 10 times on every Tebow thread.
    Posted by TD_Jesus

Is your mirror broken?
    TD_Jesus Posts

My Latest Discussions

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : It's also enough to make one doubt Timmy is the only virgin in the NFL. 
    Posted by zbellino

I hear Brandon Spikes is also.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It is his secret. IF you would read the bible more you people would see that God is always with those who truly serve and worship him and don't hide it. Some of you should try it you might see more success in your life.
    Posted by WelkerRules

Would that be the Bible that's chock full of violence, animal sacrifice and genocide? The one that people like you pick and choose the parts that suit you and disregard the rest while at the same time claiming it contains the ultimate truth?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

His success is clearly due to the "devil in the details".

Is it merely coincidence that he ran his 3 cone drill in 6.66 seconds??

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66563&draftyear=2010&genpos=

I don't think so. I think he has a cult like relationship with someone else....lol

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Here we have a guy playing football that seems to have his life in order and treats people nicely and the media wants to throw him out and worship all the thugs that play the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

So Tebow is a better Christian than all the Christians on the Vikings, Chargers, Jets, etc...... 

Did Jesus break Cutler's hand and hurt Forte's knee?  The lord works in mysterious ways.

When Tebow starts losing, and he will, will it then be fair to say that his failures are a result of his religion? 

Why am I even responding to this non sense?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Probably right, providing he likes girls.  Might be a little "priestly". I was watching NightLine the other night and they were doing a thing on virginity being on the rise.  Who did they showed but, Tebow and called him the only virgin in the NFL. I nearly puked!
    Posted by pezz4pats

Remember all that abstinence training money dolled around about 4-8 years ago?  Follow up studies determined that not only did those going through the "training" fail, but the were much more likely to:

a) Have unprotected sex

b) Have unplanned pregnancies

c) Have abortions

d) Contract venereal diseases

e) Engage in group sex

f) Engage in "back door" sex.

I am particularly suspicious of those who claim to be particularly pious.  We only need to look back at the past few months and look at one prominently pious political figure who wore his religion on his sleeve, only to be found with a lot of lipstick on his collar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Posted by WelkerRules

I worked in the mortgage biz for 13 yerars.  I was a rarity - an honest mortgage planner.  I was surrounded by an inordinate number of self-proclaimed Born Agains that were some of the worst offenders in fraud and bigotry in lending (like refusing to work with Black or Indian borrowers) that happened in the industry. At least one I worked with even went to prison. They all shared the belief you have stated, that if they were openly and very publicly Christian, it would bring them wealth and success.  What kind of demeneted twist on Chrisitianity is that?  Sadly, it is all to pervasive in American business culture.

Attending training (rah, rah) seminars produced by some of the biggest crooks in sub-prime wholesale lending, I noticed that the common denominator was that they all loudly professed their secret to success: their Christian faith. Preaching about Christianity in auditoriums of 1000 people was part of their schtick.  Of course, now they are objects of universal derision, known predators and scum.

To makes things perfectly clear, I only did five or six purchase loans.  I specialized in lowering people's rate and costs on refi's, not cashing-out equity.  I almost exclusively handled A+ borrowers, of any ethnicity.  I gave very cautious and fiscally conservative advice...which often clashed with the wishes and dreams of home buyers, thus my reluctance to handle purchases. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Tebow's Dad made millions brainwashing Pilipino Catholic  orphans into Southern Baptists.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Tebow's Dad made millions brainwashing Pilipino Catholic  orphans into Southern Baptists.
    Posted by Mungomunro

One of those people in the mortgage biz was an ordained minister and missionary who would go on trips to Africa to teach people how they would go to Hell if they did not join her cult...err, I mean, religion.  She repeatedly said bigoted, racist and elitist statements to me in relaxed states of candor (she liked me), sometimes making people gasp in meetings.  She was true-blue 1950s bigoted.

So how did Tebow's dad turn a buck on that "mission"?  Donations?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

If believing in an imaginary man is the secret to his success, more power to him. Just don't expect me to believe in him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

If believing in an imaginary man is the secret to his success, more power to him. Just don't expect me to believe in him. Posted by BelichickDisciple

Imaginary man eh? Good one.

Also, rather shallow of us humans to judge God based on what we say, believe, think, do...the waters parted and a day later they grumbled because there was no food or water. Whiners...much like y'alls.

I'd take one day with the "imaginary man" over an eternity with mankind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I am happy to say that I have added a new poster to my "ignore" list.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If Tebow is a pious man then great for him. There are worse things in this world.   Believe what you want, just keep it to yourself.  If there is a god, I think he has better things to do then to worry about what Tim Tebow is doing on Sundays.  I think it is a joke when anyone thinks that a god actually cares about touchdowns, wins in an athletic event, home runs, etc.

Emperor Constantine's actions might have been the best thing ever to happen to Christianity. If not for Constantine, Tim Tebow would be thanking Jupiter or Mercury (not Morris) for his success on the field.  Go figure.         

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

If Tebow is a pious man then great for him. There are worse things in this world.   Believe what you want, just keep it to yourself.  If there is a god, I think he has better things to do then to worry about what Tim Tebow is doing on Sundays.  I think it is a joke when anyone thinks that a god actually cares about touchdowns, wins in an athletic event, home runs, etc. Emperor Constantine's actions might have been the best thing ever to happen to Christianity. If not for Constantine, Tim Tebow would be thanking Jupiter or Mercury (not Morris) for his success on the field.  Go figure.         Posted by CablesWyndBairn

This is a rhetorical question: Christianity, is it the secret of his success?

Do you know what a rhetorical question is?

It is posed to get answers to another set of questions. Like, who here is impartial, logical, informed and non-judgemental.

I wish you all the best. nevertheless, I observe hooligans and men who do not seek to be informed about their decisions. Later...Gator...lololol...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

I've always believed Jesus Christ had it pretty easy...  Here me out:  I personally, would endure, ANY hardship for however long- KNOW this:  I would gleefully accept 30 straight years of being just BRUTALLY bloodied and tortured to a sheer pulp, IF=I knew that there both was a God, and I was his chosen son...And my overall mission (between torture sessions, that is)- was to make mankind more loving, tolerant, and understanding of one other...

Rejoice Lazarus for you have been risen.  All GOD'S creatures are his chosen children. And all creatures must experience pain to appreciate the the pleasures of joy. And also yes it is all creatures responsibility to love and help each other so that we may all be worthy of coming into unity with the body  of the Lord. If one is not worthy than all are not worthy. Weather you call GOD Vishnu,Allah,Yahweh,Lord,Christ,Nature, or a cosmic unity of souls or beings, the basic premise of beliefs is the same, to love each other and treat each other so. The divisions you are all arguing about are related to religious sects which are no more than political structures set up for the power of influence. Each religion has its own power structure which it will not give up for the sake of unifying mankind. And new religion are constantly forming purely for the acquisition of power every day. The further man has moved from day one the more divided he has gotten. And before we reach the last day we must return to day one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow this guy really succeeded in keeping this thread going.....  He is not a religous nutbag or christian. Just another troll w/ a different agenda having fun at our expense.

I know they can be a pain with the way they force things on you, but even this seems fake to me. This guy just wants to get a rise out of folks and make people angry which in turn will make you look bad. Dont fall for it...  Let this guy be ignored until he leaves. Its not even Tebow week yet and we have a Pats/Bronco's thread.   JeeeeeeZ!

Sections
Shortcuts