Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Tossing insults now. Is this another example of Christian behavior?
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Now the Atheist is appealing to Christian charity for kindness?

Monty Python is less ridiculous!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Understand this symbol and you will understand why the thought of a god is so preposterous to some.  It existed before there was a crucifix, and it was a harbinger of war before the cross became the symbol of your salvation. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : I haven't mentioned a church and I haven't mentioned my beliefs prostrate or otherwise. I'm just pointing out how silly you are.  You come to a thread that is expressly about Christianity, to discuss Christianity with the sole intent of complaining about how you are not a Christian and you are sick of Christianity. That doesn't seem raional nor enlightened coming from a "Bright" such as you are. As i said - I have zero interest in NASCAR.  You won't find me in NASCAR threads bemoaning the popularity of NASCAR, the rules of NASCAR, or whining about how I am sick of talking about NASCAR. Pity that Atheists are unable to do likewise.  When they here "Jesus" the Atheists come a'runnin!
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, this forum has been flooded with holy rollers promoting the divine greatness of Tebow for the past few weeks and we are collectively getting sick of our format being turned into a religious platform.  

For all the evil acts that can be attributed to Christianity, in the past and the present, I will have you imagine this situation compared to a group of neo-Nazi coming here to spread their opinions on this sports format, making typically stupid claims like that White QBs are better than Black QBs.  I don't care if I don't have to participate in that thread.  It doesn't belong here at all. I don't want it here.  It is inappropriate to the format. I will argue against it being here.

Now imagine four or five of those neo-Nazi threads here, with several neo-Nazis perpetuating them and antogonizing anybody who points out that this is not a neo-Nazi format and that they are not welcome to spread their propaganda here.  It is much like how there have been several people here posting about Tebow in multiple strings, with antagonism in some threads, bent on keeping them going, for the main reason that Tebow is a devout Christian, postulating some derivation of the spew that his team is winning because of his particular faith and "ergo he is the Chosen One". That his family allegedly exploits third-world street kids to make millions is an extra-greasy part of it.

That is a succinct analogy, from a non-Christian's POV.  

This is not a thelogical format.  

It is not a pollitical format.  

It is not a NASCAR format

It is not a neo-Nazi format.  

It is a Pats format.

End of story. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nolastname. Show nolastname's posts

Thanks Chrisakawoody - I don't get Shumpeter's  comparison about not posting on a NASCAR thread.  That comparison would only make sense if you had gone to a relgious thread to respond to all this drivel.

Well this is not a religious thread, it's a Patriots On the Front Burner thread.  If these Tebow fans want to discuss religion, please take it to a religious forum.  But that's not what you all really want to do, you just want to antagonize fans of the Patriots who want to discuss Patriots' football. 

I've complained mutiple times to boston.com to no avail.  Maybe I'm not doing it the right away (I use the report abuse feature.)

And this is the last time I'm responding to this garbage because I'm just adding to the problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Please stop eating your own feces. Immediately. Way to miss the entire point of a post.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

df2...df2222?  Will you tuck me in tonight so you can read me some more stories on staunch adamantly certain atheism and open-minded human empathy?  Pleeease?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

...Well, I don't like it.  The top-right of the "P" throws the whole image off-center and unbalanced.  Whoever thought of it should have tinkered with the design a bit more.  It looks like some sorta nautical symbol that a random navigator mailed it in during his creation process, because he was drunk and high on ether.  The "X" looks pretty neat, but instead of adding the "P", what IF you took that nice "X" to start matters, then added something in order to transform the visual experience towards that of a human eye at the core?  Huh?!?  Not BAD, right?!!  And then you could put something IN the pupil itself, or as the pupil itself!  Like a sunflower, or a skull, or really whatever it is someone's tryin' ta sell...  Personally, and I believe I have everyone's word that they won't cop this idea from me, But- I'd make the pupil into a downward dagger, and therefore it would both look insiduous AND it would resemble a reptile eye.  This way you could turn it into some kind of reptilian led alien/government conspiracy...  Buncha other stuff too.  Yup, whole 'lota options this way. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Very creepy discussion

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Very creepy discussion
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

Roflol!  Look, live a little...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Isn't that the symbol for N.O.W.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Here's the thing, this forum has been flooded with holy rollers promoting the divine greatness of Tebow for the past few weeks and we are collectively getting sick of our format being turned into a religious platform.   For all the evil acts that can be attributed to Christianity, in the past and the present, I will have you imagine this situation compared to a group of neo-Nazi coming here to spread their opinions on this sports format, making typically stupid claims like that White QBs are better than Black QBs.  I don't care if I don't have to participate in that thread.  It doesn't belong here at all. I don't want it here.  It is inappropriate to the format. I will argue against it being here. Now imagine four or five of those neo-Nazi threads here, with several neo-Nazis perpetuating them and antogonizing anybody who points out that this is not a neo-Nazi format and that they are not welcome to spread their propaganda here.  It is much like how there have been several people here posting about Tebow in multiple strings, with antagonism in some threads, bent on keeping them going, for the main reason that Tebow is a devout Christian, postulating some derivation of the spew that his team is winning because of his particular faith and "ergo he is the Chosen One". That his family allegedly exploits third-world street kids to make millions is an extra-greasy part of it. That is a succinct analogy, from a non-Christian's POV.   This is not a thelogical format.   It is not a pollitical format.   It is not a NASCAR format It is not a neo-Nazi format.   It is a Pats format. End of story. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

You know you two Atheists with your unequivocal injuries sustained from havening to put up with the majority of the GOD worshiping infidels voicing their opinions in your presence is unforgivable. You are right, just because you are in the minority of less than 1% worldwide is no reason why we should be able to voice our opinions within earshot of your kind. In fact we are no more that NEO-NAZI hater of all people who are not our kind. So what shall we do? First of all let us burn any literature that has mention of GOD, good start. Next ban all forms of public or mass worship so their is no possibility of you hearing or seeing that abomination of humankind. Third pass the harshest possible law to hide the teachers and offenders to the public bans, hide them away to avoid the spread of the blight of religion. OH. let us not forget to abolish that pesky 1st amendment, if not for that we would not be in this position. Wipe out the mention of the word GOD from all public records,buildings,monuments,acts of congress, et all. Lastly if and when the Lord GOD sets foot on this earth of his creation ignore that fact and hope that he go's away to avoid the fact that all you atheist will have to eat your words and beg for his forgiveness, which you probably already know he will grant.
    By the way, what do you see as reparations that should be paid by all who have faith to those that don't? 

Maby these comments are more to your liking. And maby the mods will stifle the opinions of the majority for the benefit of the two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Just look at the quality of this thread, such a shambles.

I suppose I'm to blame...ha, ha...no, ha, ha, ha....

...no, hardee, har, har...

...thanks for confirming my concern that you all really do think "freedom of choice" is God's greatest gift to mankind. It isn't.

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Very creepy discussion
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76

Roflol!  Look, live a little...

---------------

Actually have not read the last few pages..so it could have turned...too many words not about football.

Religion will help Tebow be good at football by putting the credit to a higher power...he can play effortlessly because all he does has been granted to him by God...he will play well and not feel pressure.

Soon as he starts associating his own ego with God, as having some sort of special status in Gods eyes (relative to other humans)  he will start to decline.
    Might not go there though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]                           Just look at the quality of this thread, such a shambles. I suppose I'm to blame ...ha, ha...no, ha, ha, ha.... ...no, hardee, har, har... ...thanks for confirming my concern that you all really do think "freedom of choice" is God's greatest gift to mankind. It isn't. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Al-right, so...?  We are all going to he!!, or...?  We just don't get to be part of that rapture thing, but afterwords we're good, or...?  I guess my overall question is, "Where exactly do we presently stand, myself most importantly?"  Finally now, "Will anything that happens on Easter play a part here?" 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Chrisakawoody - I don't get Shumpeter's  comparison about not posting on a NASCAR thread.  That comparison would only make sense if you had gone to a relgious thread to respond to all this drivel. Well this is not a religious thread, it's a Patriots On the Front Burner thread.  If these Tebow fans want to discuss religion, please take it to a religious forum.  But that's not what you all really want to do, you just want to antagonize fans of the Patriots who want to discuss Patriots' football.  I've complained mutiple times to boston.com to no avail.  Maybe I'm not doing it the right away (I use the report abuse feature.) And this is the last time I'm responding to this garbage because I'm just adding to the problem.
    Posted by nolastname[/QUOTE]

Here's a hint:  look ay the title of the thread to get a read on what the thread is about.  If the thread says Tebow and Christianity - rest assured there will be a discussion about Christianity.  If that offends you stay away.

For example, Chrisakawoody has started a thread about his favorite "avatars"

I avoided that like the plague.  i didn't go in there and whine about how I hate avatars, avatars are for weaklings, etc etc.

Tell me - am I missing a deep discussion of Patriot Football in avoiding that thread?

Logic, friend.  Get some!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Al-right, so...?  We are all going to he!!, or...?  We just don't get to be part of that rapture thing, but afterwords we're good, or...?  I guess my overall question is, "Where exactly do we presently stand, myself most importantly?"  Finally now, "Will anything that happens on Easter play a part here?" Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Ironic how you illogically assume conclusion. Who mentioned he!!, not me...and this "rapture"...I only expressed a concern about this thread going down the crapper.
    Where do you stand? I have no clue...and is something important suppose to happen on Easter? Baseball starts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : I find it ironic how you illogically assume conclusion. Who mentioned he!!? Rapture? Huh? Where do you stand? I have no clue...and is something important suppose to happen on Easter?

What?!?  HowTH am I supposed to know, I thought you knew the guy!?!  Maaan, what now he's not talkin' to you EITHER?  I thought you had a tight crew there, and all that.  Did you do somethin' ta make him mad?  Because look, that's gonna maybe make ME now look bad for talkin' to you;  Not cool pal, 'cause I gotta be honest here- I was gonna use you as a way into the club on this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

...I figured maybe I could just sneak into the club and get out of paying the cover charge, while you were maybe busy distracting the bouncer by insulting him and then overly explaining to him how p!ssed you were for not being on the VIP list.  I had it all worked out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]...I figured maybe I could just sneak into the club and get out of paying the cover charge, while you were maybe busy distracting the bouncer by insulting him and then overly explaining to him how p!ssed you were for not being on the VIP list.  I had it all worked out. Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

What ARE you babbling about?
    Here's a hint: Romans 12 has the pass word...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

And then there's this! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Okay.....so stop me if you've heard this.  Two priests walk into a bar.  One orders..... 

Nevermind.  I thought this was a Patriots board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : What ARE you babbling about? Here's a hint: Romans 12 has the pass word...

Thanx though, I'll just go to He!! by refusing to ever once remain idle when I witness an unjust act of someone preying over someone else in an action of even the most minor of mental or physical degradations.  I know that it tarnishes my soul, because I've felt the need to jump in and do everything to become the part of defending the meeker, so many times and in so very many instances, that I'm now FULLY aware that it brings me to a much lower place as well.  It's happened so many times, that I know full well that I receive the stench of evil onto my being.  I don't care though... Gotta do what'cha gotta do.  And in place of me seeing an act of the almighty personally interceding in some unfortunate instance, I'm gonna make things right, and I'll accept the inevitable inheritance of evil that very often (but not always) comes along with my reaction.

And likewise, and when it's all said and done, Neither will I Mourn alongside nor each & always, Rejoice alongside with my brothers...  My greater motive is to attempt to lift them into a higher spritual mindset, or quite simply higher spirits altogether.  My main goal is to become a better beacon of positive energy, in order to lift ANY-thing into a state of happier being, in Any WAY possible, precluding only ways that reciprocally have a negative effect on other beings.  There are too many thoughtless "Mourners", and too many thoughtless "Rejoicers"...  Very often, this will not inevitably BRING any One any Where...although admittedly, I'm aware that sometimes and in certain amounts, it surely will offer comfort.  By its very nature however though, Consoling is not the same as Fixing...or attempting to, at least.  If in all, playing a more uplifting role is contradictory to my words in Paragraph 1, so be it.  Sometimes ya need to beat someone else up, myself included.  

And I'm at my worst when I attempt to consume and take in so much hatred coming off of others, that I can no longer dissolve the hate...the hate, starts to GREATLY overwhelm the good.  In those times, I try to stay to myself.  And without the benevolent interdiction of some greater and powerful act of some powerful Good Force, I'm going to keep doing this...because I know of no other way.  It is what it is.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Because of his faith Tebow is a success, but that has nothing to do with football whatsoever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]a tabernacle is actually the place where the holy of holies was kept.  when the isrealites were carrying around the essence of god with them, they placed it in the ark of the covenant, which eventually was housed in the tabernacle.  Everyone else since has some fake version of it.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like Giselle's chastity belt?

Sections
Shortcuts