Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position?

Before I get clubbed to death here like a baby Harp seal, It is now being reported that Denver does not want Tim Tebow. What about the Master of masters BB taking him and turning his position of QB into something else?
    How about Tebow as a HB slash PowerBack?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position?

$100 that's posturing by Denver to see what kind of desperate team will make an offer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position?

They would be stupid to give up on a first rounder after one year.  There is no way they get value back for Tebow.  For what they'd get, they might as well see if they have a QB to develop. 

If it's true, Elway is off to a bad start.  Resign an aging CB for ridiculous money and trade last year's #1 for pennies on the dollar.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would say overpaying Champ Bailey is delusional move #1 by Elway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

TE is is only hope and we are all set at TE.  He is not fast enough to play H back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Um, no

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position?:
    [QUOTE]Before I get clubbed to death here like a baby Harp seal, It is now being reported that Denver does not want Tim Tebow. What about the Master of masters BB taking him and turning his position of QB into something else? How about Tebow as a HB slash PowerBack?
    Posted by Stommmper[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link? I couldnt find any news regarding Tebow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I have my club in hand. Any animal rights folks watching?

The only position Tebow is getting in this league is team chaplan. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Do you have a link? I couldnt find any news regarding Tebow.
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e68823/article/uncertainty-about-tebow-leaves-broncos-with-draft-dilemma?module=HP_cp2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

maybe jacksonville will make a play for him. he's not needed in NE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Elway actually likes Tebow, it's all a big misunderstanding. A reporter asked him if he thought Tebow would be the QB of the future for the broncos and Elway replied: Neigh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e68823/article/uncertainty-about-tebow-leaves-broncos-with-draft-dilemma?module=HP_cp2
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    I just read that article and found this under "Things I think",

"I think if I was still in the league and needed a quarterback, instead of chasing Kolb, I would chase Brian Hoyer of the Patriots. If teams evaluate New England's Week 17 game against Miami, they'd see that Hoyer demonstrates the skills needed to be a starter.
    "

Interesting. And there are some posters here wanting to spend a high draft pick on Brady's future replacement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position? : Do you have a link? I couldnt find any news regarding Tebow.
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]
    Here is one of the links... http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/uncertainty-about-tebow-leaves-broncos-with-draft-dilemma-467542.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

lol..they want to get Hoyer now? I don't think BB will bite. Hoyer seems to be a solid back up..and a potential starter..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hoyer has value now. I like Tebow cause like flute hes a winner. You cant make a winner, they just are. I say they should give him a chance and see what he can do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position?:
    [QUOTE]I would say overpaying Champ Bailey is delusional move #1 by Elway.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Yep. +1.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I like Hoyer, the kiod has talent and learning behind an HOF Q.B. hasn't hurt him.  Hell, he looks like Tom when he's in there.  We should keep him for as long as we can.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow not wanted in Denver now, what abot BB taking him for a new position? : Yep. +1.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

It's more of a desperation, saving face move by Elway than it is a good deal for the team moving forward.  I guess they felt they had to show the fans, arguably their best player, a probable future HOFer at some point, will stay there and try help build a winner.

I guess, worst case, they can move him to FS if he starts to slip. He had that good year last year, but prior to the 2010 season, he was floundering battling injuries and getting beat on a regular basis.

Obviously, CBs at 33 and on are a major risk, especially when you think he can still be shutdown material.

But, that will hurt them on the back end of the deal. 

Agreed on Hoyer.  With the limited looks at him so far, he appears to have a good skill set to build on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Some team will fall in love with Tebows play over the last 3 games and work with him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

No thanks.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's hard for me to imagine what a market for Tebow might be like. The knocks on him are valid, but he appears to have some value as what I call a "breakdown" quarterback -- that is, a guy who can make things happen when the play breaks down. What that might be worth on the open market is subject to interpretation, but bear in mind that Tebow was Josh McDaniels' fair-haired boy, and Josh McDaniels has gone the way of the wild goose in winter. That will not help Denver's bargaining postion any . . .   just as leaking information that he is being shopped decreases the Broncos' leverage.

In any case, I don't really see a role for him on the Pats . . .  and I'd have to agree with those here who see Elway stepping in it during the early days of his regime.

Sections
Shortcuts