Tim Tebow to Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Tim Tebow to Pats

Tim Tebow will most likely be enterning the 2010 NFL draft.  He has been a great player and leader at Florida, and pours so much energy into his game.  What are the chances that the Patriots will spend a first round pick for Tebow?  I think that he could learn tons backing up Brady, and could form into a great quaterback in the NFL.  I know alot of people say that Tebow should be transformed into a TE, FB, or something like that.  Why not let him play the position that made him such a threat in college? 

What do you guys think?  Should the Patriots risk their first rounder on Tebow?  Will he be a quarterback in the NFL, whether with the Patriots or not?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Re: Tim Tebow to Pats

We could use a RB,some OL's and a LB or two a lot more than him. Tebow would be in a worse situation than Matt Leinhart. It would be a waste to use a first rd pick and that kind of money against the cap on him. Tebow is a great college player on a great team but I don't see us getting maximum value for the pick it would take to land him.Miami or Jacksonville will probably pull the trigger on him but don't be suprised if Carolina,St Louis,Washington or Tennesse pick him up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I read that article too...then I threw up in my mouth. The thought of spending a 1st rd draft pick on a guy who plays the same position as Tom brady is a joke. Good One. Maybe 2015 we can start "Grooming Brady's replacement" Maybe!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Tim Tebow to Pats:
    [QUOTE]Tim Tebow will most likely be enterning the 2010 NFL draft.  He has been a great player and leader at Florida, and pours so much energy into his game.  What are the chances that the Patriots will spend a first round pick for Tebow?  I think that he could learn tons backing up Brady, and could form into a great quaterback in the NFL.  I know alot of people say that Tebow should be transformed into a TE, FB, or something like that.  Why not let him play the position that made him such a threat in college?  What do you guys think?  Should the Patriots risk their first rounder on Tebow?  Will he be a quarterback in the NFL, whether with the Patriots or not?
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen...

.. and Tebow won't make a great pro QB either.  If a college QB throws 60% of his passes for completions in college than you can knock about 10% off that to project what kind of Pro he will make.  It's not a science but it's a decent method that's worked for me in the past.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Im glad we are all on the same page.

I highly doubt BB would spend a 1st rounder Tebow...he is looking for his 6'3 and up OLB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Eww! 

Tebow is a less athletic, yet more powerful version of Michael Vick. In college all the LBs and DLM are his size, in the pros, Tebow would be on the injury report almost every week. I can just imagine Tebow trying to run over Patrick Willis. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I've gotten to watch Tebow over the past couple years living in FL and experience the FSU / UF rivalry. Tebow is a very good athlete but he won't make an NFL QB. He can't throw worth a lick. He'll have to make the transition to FB or TE.

Personally, I think he'll be an NFL bust. He might make an average player, but he won't be the superstar that he is now in college.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I am a Gator and let's face it, they win titles but they don't create future NFL QB successes.

Tebow plays with heart but he throws poorly compared to other college QBs, let alone pro QBs.  His main assets are his physical running abilty and his ability to make things happen on broken plays.  Neither of these would work in the NFL.  The latter would likely hurt him in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I agree with you all.  Thinking about a QB draft (1st rd) for the Pats is a joke!  And honestly... if the Vikes win the NFC this season the Patriots should seriously consider drafting a #1 RB in about 4-5 years when Brady will be entering his late 30's.

I know people like to look to the future, but seriously guys - we have the best QB in the NFL and that is one position we do not need to address IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

I would say no. I agree with what everyone else in the thread has had to say about Tebow. I don't think his arm strength and accuracy are going to be good enough to make him an NFL star, and I consider him to be a big injury risk with the way he runs. It's fine clashing helmets and shoulder pads with the other guys in the SEC, but if he can't learn to slide and be intelligent outside the pocket, he'll get smacked right on to the IR by NFL linebackers/safeties/you name it. It's not just his reckless playing style, but that he's on the smaller side for a QB and doesn't have top notch speed.

Apart from the potential issues with Tebow's pro career, the Patriots' biggest need in the upcoming draft isn't at QB. Tom Brady looks like he has returned to form, and Brian Hoyer has shown promise at backup. Combine this with the fact that Jacksonville seems very interested in Tebow and the Pats might have to trade up for him, and I don't see it happening. I'd like to see them pick up an impact player on defense; I'm hoping for an OLB or DE, but I would be very happy if they took the best playmaker available.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeastplantII. Show BeastplantII's posts

tebow would make a good backup punter on the current patriots team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow to Pats:
    [QUOTE]I read that article too...then I threw up in my mouth. The thought of spending a 1st rd draft pick on a guy who plays the same position as Tom brady is a joke. Good One. Maybe 2015 we can start "Grooming Brady's replacement" Maybe!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]It's highly unlikely that BB would spend anything more than a 6th round draft choice on any potential QB's given the fact that #12 is still playing and there doesn't appear to be any need on either the practice squad or the 53 man rosters for another QB.If the patriots continue too score in large bunches and are in a position too rest Brady then Hoyer will continue to get valuable reps at QB making the chances of any player unseating him from the b/u position very difficult..So though I would vote for BB to draft Tebow I doubt that they will,the other Gators who will be in the draft this next April Brandon Spikes or if Joe Haden comes out early then by all means draft one of these players if available....OH if either of the Pouncey boys decide to come out they would be exceptable,my first choice of players would be a RB and the kid from Clemson Stiller is a stud...or if you like bruisers Ingram from Roll Tide ain't half bad and neither McKnight from USC all good RB's....Noel Devine anyone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Why not let him play the position that made him such a threat in college? 

His position is basically the wildcat /spread-opitoin QB. That means he's going to run/pitch/hand off/or run some type of a reverse. Myer knew his strong point was'nt throwing so he changed his offense to suit Tebow. This is not Myer's base offense at all Alex Smith threw it around ALOT @ Uath.

The Pats are not this great run blocking team. Which means we would need to change some people on the line also. Too much to do about a let's see IF we can make it work for one guy that is not on the roster already.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If he slips to the sixth round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccubberly. Show ccubberly's posts

In Response to Tim Tebow to Pats:
    [QUOTE]Tim Tebow will most likely be enterning the 2010 NFL draft.  He has been a great player and leader at Florida, and pours so much energy into his game.  What are the chances that the Patriots will spend a first round pick for Tebow?  I think that he could learn tons backing up Brady, and could form into a great quaterback in the NFL.  I know alot of people say that Tebow should be transformed into a TE, FB, or something like that.  Why not let him play the position that made him such a threat in college?  What do you guys think?  Should the Patriots risk their first rounder on Tebow?  Will he be a quarterback in the NFL, whether with the Patriots or not?
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

I think the pats may have Brady's relacment already in Brian Hoyer, But one never knows. I can remember how much grief BB got from the local press for using a late round draft choice on Brady when we already had Bledsoe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

You always hear that Tebow is a lousy passer, but it is not true.  He runs the offende they give him at Florida.He has the intangibles that make players great, and the personal qualities and intelligence that make a great Patriot player.  I bet BB has an interest in him for some capacity. Look at Welker. Look at Edelman.  Tebow could run the wildcat; he could be a bloking fullback instead of using an offensive lineman.  He could be a tight end.  Don't underestimate his athleticism, motivation and will to win...all qualities that BB loves.  Also, it is never too late to have a backup for every position.  You never know when a player will get hurt, as we have seen.  If you are not prepared, you get stuck with a Matt Cassel, who played well but is not good enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

People talking about the "wild cat"....  why would you ever want to take the ball out of Brady's hands?  He gives you the best chance of winning.  Its that simple IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Absolutely not! I don't want them to use ANY draft picks on him.

We've already got the best QB in the NFL, so why draft another one and pay him big bucks to sit on the bench and be in the game 1-2 plays, while taking the ball out of Brady's hands and breaking up his rhythm?   It would be dumb.

The guy is what he is in college due to the system he's in, the talent around him, and the fact that he's actually as big/bigger than the LB's and DB's he plays against. 

Look at his stats this year, 1,159 yards, 8TD, 4INT.. 2 of those INT's were pick-6's last weekend against a crappy Mississippi State team.  After he lost his offensive coordinator he's gone down hill fast.  Sure he's "won" 2 national titles, but he wasn't the starting QB for the first one.. Chris Leak won that one, now look where he's at. 

Tebow has a slow delivery and poor mechanics, his accuracy isn't that good, arm strength isn't what it needs to be for an NFL QB, etc etc. 

He would have to make the transition to a FB or TE to make it in the NFL, but he won't be a QB.

If somebody spends a 1st or 2nd round pick on him, they're going to be wasting a pick. 

Why did he come back for his senior year? Because his scouting report gave him info he didn't like and said he was a 3rd-5th rounder.  That's why.  He thought he could make himself into a 1st rounder and I think his stock is actually falling due to his poor performance. 

Just some info to back up the fact that his stock is falling:

Completion Percentage:
    2007 - 66.9%
    2008 - 64.4%
    2009 - 63.6%

Passing Yards:
    2007 - 3286
    2008 - 2746
    2009 - 1159

TD:
    2007 - 32
    2008 - 30
    2009 - 8

Int:
    2007 - 6
    2008 - 4
    2009 - 4

Sacks
    2007 - 13
    2008 - 15
    2009 - 15

This is through 7 games out of a 12-game schedule.  His O-line isn't any worse than it was last year, it just shows how much longer he holds the ball now.  He's been making bad throws with bad accuracy, throwing the ball into double and triple-coverage when it should be thrown away.  There is no way he's going to come back in 5 games and throw 22 TD's to even tie his previous low of 30.  He will probably end with somewhere between 16 and 21. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He is gonna ask for wayyyy too much money to make picking him as a worthwhile addition to the Pats and he may not have the mindset to be a "role" player.  He is used to being "the man" at Florida.  Tebow is going to carry that "heisman winner" tag even though most are saying he is not an NFL caliber QB.  He is a very good player on a college team that doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL all the time.  He will get killed in the NFL with its speed versus what he sees in the college games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow to Pats:
    [QUOTE]1225    Why not let him play the position that made him such a threat in college?  His position is basically the wildcat /spread-opitoin QB. That means he's going to run/pitch/hand off/or run some type of a reverse. Myer knew his strong point was'nt throwing so he changed his offense to suit Tebow. This is not Myer's base offense at all Alex Smith threw it around ALOT @ Uath.

The Pats are not this great run blocking team. Which means we would need to change some people on the line also. Too much to do about a let's see IF we can make it work for one guy that is not on the roster already.
    Posted by ohyes[/QUOTE]

Exactly what most people don't realize.  They normally run a pass-happy spread offense, but have gone to more of a triple-option type spread offense to play to Tebow's strengths and not his weaknesses (throwing the ball, etc).  Had Brantley played against LSU, they would've gone back to a more normal spread offense, throwing the ball all over the field. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I find him to be really annoying. He's so dramatic with the mugging for the camera and the exaggerated fist pumps. Good player though.

I doubt he'll ever play QB in the NFL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from alex978. Show alex978's posts

tebow is overrated. he'll be LUCKY to get snaps in a wildcat formation in the pros.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Brady is going to play at least 6-7 more years.  Do we want to "groom" a replacement and not let him play until he's 30?  Especially a replacement who is going to be as lousy an NFL quarterback as Tim Tebow?  Make no mistake, Tim Tebow is NOT an NFL starting quarterback.  Not even close.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

If you want a QB with wheels, then, watch the BC game today. Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan is a sleeper.

I would consider him with a late round pick-

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10500&ATCLID=344614

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Whoe idea was this thread anyway?

Sections
Shortcuts