Tim Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Tim Tebow

Was anyone impressed by the performance Tim Tebow had in the sugar bowl?

31-35 482 yards 3 touchdowns. 1 rushing touchdown.

over 500 total yards.

completed his first 12 passes.

was deadly accurate throughout the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Tim Tebow

He's had quite a career in College. I'm impressed as much by the maturity he has shown for a kid as I am the quality of his play. I gotta tell you I've never looked up so many bible verses in my life as I have after reading his eye balck over the last couple of years.  I can't help but root for the guy and I'm interested to see where he goes in the draft.

To Answer your question though, Yes, I was impressed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i was.  hope he gets a chance to play QB at the next level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

He will get a chance in the NFL.

The best scenario for him is to be picked up by a good team to be a back up. With good coaching and role models, he could be a really good QB in the NFL.

Unfortunately, there's a pretty good chance that a bad team picks him up to carry the team. They will force him to do crazy things with his legs, his power...to compensate for bad protection and schemes. It could well hamper his devleopment in the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Regardless of how over hyped he is by the media, its impossible not to like a kid like Tebow, especially with all the punks out there today collecting a million dollar paycheck.

I sincerely hope that Tebow has a great, long NFL career.  I definitely don't see it being with the Patriots though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

A long-term solution for his home town Jaguars running the wildcat with MJD.

In reality, a low round draft pick and a project.  Potential suitors: Eagles, Dolphins, crazy Raiders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

CFL special delivery....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Am I impressed with Tebow?  

NO!

He is a competitor but he is not NFL QB.  Then again, I didnt think Vince Young would be a good QB either, but he wins. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Wasn't that game against Cincy though? Apples to oranges
    He is not a pure passer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Cincy had a pretty good team this year. They were 12-0 and ranked #3 in the country. This wasn't the sisters of the poor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

ewhite1065,

Also, remember Cincy just lost their head coach, who called all their plays, a week before Christmas...players were pissed he left and especially the timing was horrible.  As my father & brother both played for UC football & know the inside scoop, UC players were very angry because earlier in the year the coach told them he wasn't leaving & would continue to coach UC.  Then at the players banquet after the final game of their regular season, he anounced he was leaving...players walked out of the banquet very angry.  NOT the best situation to deal with right before a major bowl game!  The coach was not allowed to coach in the bowl game, though he still wanted to, but by then the players didn't want him to either.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

First: 12/10/2007
    Last: 1/2/2010
    ewhite1065,

Also, remember Cincy just lost their head coach, who called all their plays, a week before Christmas...players were pissed he left and especially the timing was horrible.  As my father & brother both played for UC football & know the inside scoop, UC players were very angry because earlier in the year the coach told them he wasn't leaving & would continue to coach UC.  Then at the players banquet after the final game of their regular season, he anounced he was leaving...players walked out of the banquet very angry.  NOT the best situation to deal with right before a major bowl game!  The coach was not allowed to coach in the bowl game, though he still wanted to, but by then the players didn't want him to either.

Point Taken, But that shouldn't diminish what Tebow did. It's not like he went up against Northern Illinois. That's gotta kill you Being a Cincy Fan and having a great coach Skrew you. Notre Dame keeps getting the Coaches they want but they keep failing. Hopefully you guys can find someone to fill the shoes of Kelly. I'm a husker fan and we are just starting to get a decent team back since Tom Osbourne retired.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Big East vs. SEC....no contest. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Great game, he's a competitor.  I don't know if his play will translate to the NFL. There are people who study things like that (not me) who seem to have thier doubts.  But nobody seems to be able to predict the success of college QB's to the NFL.  It seems they are wrong as often as they're right 

I don't think his religous messages will go over with 30 year olds as well as they did with 20 year olds.  I hope he does well, he seems like a genuinely nice guy who likes to compete.  It would be strange if one of the greatest college players in history couldn't make it at the next level.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

I see him going to the raiders.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

I'm not a UC fan...not even a college football fan...just was something my dad talked about at Christmas, when I was there.

And no, it doesn't deminish Tebows performance & if any enhances it to prove he can throw just as good as just running it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Great College Player

I know People around the Florida Program. They said Tebow will not be coming out of the closet anytime soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 1/2/2010
    The kid is a great competitor and a class guy.  His overly long throwing motion will doom  his pro QB prospects.  He has the arm strenght and accuracy so it comes down to can they shorten his motion.  If not, his best hope is as a gimmick player -wildcat H back/QB
    This is what is said time and time again about Tebow. He throws alot like Leftwich did. If Big Ben can go out and jacka$$ around an make plays. Then Tebow can.  Has anyone heard if he would be willing to play another position? If he will he'll be gone in the 1st rd.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

"Big East vs. SEC....no contest."

Harley, For what it's worth:

"The fact of the matter is that the Big East is the only (of 13) Division I college football conferences with a winning record against the Southeastern Conference (SEC). " - {Quote}  from SEC Sports Fan

http://www.secsportsfan.com/sec-vs-big-east-football.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not a college football fan, but I have grown to hate Tim Tebow through ESPN. I know Belichick wouldn't draft him, unless Tebow falls to the 4th round, maybe. I hope he has a great NFL career, but I hope he has a great career with a team not named the New England Patriots. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Kerwin Bell, Rex Grossman, Bob Hewko, Doug Johnson, Eric Kresser, Shane Matthews, Jesse Palmer, John Reaves, Kay Stephenson, Danny Wuerffel, and Steve Spurrier.

That's the list of successful Florida QB's that have gone on to play in the NFL...  do any of those names stand out to you as good pros..?

Thought not... he's got one good rookie contract to collect, than off to college broadcasting he goes.  That's the gospel truth... amen