time for a new qb

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

time for a new qb

time for a new qb, I said it the last two years. We need someone who can actually run and take a hit on the chin once in a while. IT IS THE NFL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: time for a new qb

In response to rusco's comment:
    [QUOTE]

time for a new qb, I said it the last two years. We need someone who can actually run and take a hit on the chin once in a while. IT IS THE NFL!

[/QUOTE]

Rusty and Rusco.  How ironic?  Here's a clue...

BALTIMORE -- At an initial glance, a look at three players whose performance was "up" and three players at the opposite end of the spectrum:

Up
    Tom Brady -- Quarterback calmly directs an up-tempo approach and avoids the big mistake.

Brandon Lloyd -- Receiver has a big night as the Patriots pick on cornerback Cary Williams.

Wes Welker -- As Patriots play primarily with three receivers, he is in the slot and produces big numbers, including a 59-yard reception down the left sideline.

Here's another clue.....Wilfork: Pats' offense 'left out to dry' by defense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sorry man, as a jets fan i can tell you that getting rid of Tommy Terrific is not the answer.  He is absolutely the reason for your success.  Replace Solder, yes, replace Brady, no.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ryan Mallett's mother chimes in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

this is just my opinion...i could be wrong

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think you're on to something here. I'll bet there's a whole bunch of QBs around who can get their team to 5 SBs in 10 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Brady played very well Sunday. He isn't the 2004 Brady but he's still one of the best in the league. Watch Sanchez and some of these other stiffs and you'll be glad that we have Brady. They just made too many mistakes the past couple of games, get too cute on offense when a drive is going well, the defense didn't play well and mcCourty was downright awful, the coaching wasn't very good either. That said IMO the defense will be very good, improving down the stretch and the offense played their best game yet Sunday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady played very well Sunday. He isn't the 2004 Brady but he's still one of the best in the league. Watch Sanchez and some of these other stiffs and you'll be glad that we have Brady. They just made too many mistakes the past couple of games, get too cute on offense when a drive is going well, the defense didn't play well and mcCourty was downright awful, the coaching wasn't very good either. That said IMO the defense will be very good, improving down the stretch and the offense played their best game yet Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

No, he isn't the 2004 Brady. He's much better. He's only gotten better over the years.

I think those people who are calling to get rid of Brady represent the dumbest, most short-sighted amongst us fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, he isn't the 2004 Brady. He's much better. He's only gotten better over the years.

I think those people who are calling to get rid of Brady represent the dumbest, most short-sighted amongst us fans.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that anyone who's really a Patriots fan is serious about Benching Brady. Like I said, go watch some of these other teams, quarterbacks and you get a real appreciation for Brady's game. I wouldn't say that at age 35 that he's better than when he was 26 though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that anyone who's really a Patriots fan is serious about Benching Brady. Like I said, go watch some of these other teams, quarterbacks and you get a real appreciation for Brady's game. I wouldn't say that at age 35 that he's better than when he was 26 though.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not better athletically, but he never was much of the NFL athlete. Instead, Brady's matured as a quarterback. He's improved in accuracy, decision-making, reading defenses, pre-snap adjustments, running a no-huddle offense, and just about everything that makes him the elite QB he is today.

Quarterbacking is something that generally gets better with age, especially if you're a pocket passer like Brady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, that guy Brady just isn't as good as he was when he was younger. MVP in 2007, comeback player of the year in 2009, MVP in 2010 and throwing for the 2nd most yards in history to go along with top 10 all-time TDs in 2011 are proof of that.

I think Mallet can beat that, don't you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

No doubt, I meant to edit that in there but we can't do that here. He isn't the athlete that he was, age does that to us. He is however one of the smartest players in the game and he's improved on decision making and just knowing what's going on out there. Thats the most important atribute for a QB IMO. You see some of these guys who are great athletes that just don't get it. They make a few spectacular plays only to turn around and lose the game because of a stupid mistake. Brady is one of the best at avoiding interceptions, it looks like he's always trying to get better too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

over-reaction

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, that guy Brady just isn't as good as he was when he was younger. MVP in 2007, comeback player of the year in 2009, MVP in 2010 and throwing for the 2nd most yards in history to go along with top 10 all-time TDs in 2011 are proof of that.

[/QUOTE]

Your insane if you think Mallet can even come close to that right now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon man! I'm just going with the flow from the resident experts around here.

Actually, the odds are about 90% that Mallet will never even be a consistent starter in the NFL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I don't think so either, hate to say it. Hopefully I'm wrong as I certainly have been before. It's going to be a sad day when Brady retires, unless we were to luck out and draft another hidden gem. Either way he will be missed big time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think so either, hate to say it. Hopefully I'm wrong as I certainly have been before. It's going to be a sad day when Brady retires, unless we were to luck out and draft another hidden gem. Either way he will be missed big time.

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Put him on a team with a good D like the Ravens or the 9ers and scary would be an understatement.

I'm going to bet Brady will stay good for a long time though. He absolutely loves playing the game and is willing to work to stay good at it. Hope I'm right. People always underestimate him. They may be amazed at how long he stays good.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

this is just my opinion...i am wrong

[/QUOTE]

There, I fixed it for ya!

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts