TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL

UD, maybe it is a little sour grapes. Maybe it has a little to do with we don't want to see Indy go undefeated like we did and maybe it is because the rest of the country is blind but don't tell me you don't see a convenient trend of fortuitous calls late in their games. 
    Half of their games were 4th quarter comeback wins breaking the NFL record with two games left on the schedule.
    Like I said, I don't know if the Jags would have scored on that drive, nobody does but after moving the ball like they were they couldn't do anything after that call which is my point about calls stealing opposing teams momentum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : There was no movement and the formation was legal. Goodell has to send a note out to the ref crews to not make it look that obvious. Aside from that, when has anyone ever seen a penalty called without a flag being thrown? I can't recall a time, but I don't watch all Colts games.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Not surprised that you see it differently. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Did you guys see the ref trip the db on that Reggie Wayne 65 yd td at the end of the game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Not surprised that you see it differently. 
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

See it differently from whom? 

Did you see an illegal formation? 

Do you agree that the refs can call a penalty without throwing a flag? 

Have you ever seen that a penalty called without a flag?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Wow, I knew I shouldn't have went to bed in the 3rd quarter. Thank God I get all the instant replay action right here at BDC.

You better watch out for Jets Underdogg. They can play defense and run the ball a bit. I don't know who I'll be routing for in that game but hopefully the Jets will lose this weekend and make it easy for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : See it differently from whom?  Did you see an illegal formation?  Do you agree that the refs can call a penalty without throwing a flag?  Have you ever seen that a penalty called without a flag?

Enoch,
    What did I miss out on in the 4th quarter?
    Am I going to get Nauseous when I watch the replay on the NFL Network?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

they shut down drew in the second half so they had to count on garrard's arm. it never felt like they were gonna pull off the upset- the qb did miss some widde open throwns to keep the final drive alive

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Enoch, What did I miss out on in the 4th quarter? Am I going to get Nauseous when I watch the replay on the NFL Network?
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Enoch, What did I miss out on in the 4th quarter? Am I going to get Nauseous when I watch the replay on the NFL Network?

Second to last drive with a little over 5 minutes left. On 2nd and 8, Garrard completes a pass for 19 yards down to about the Colts 40. Suddenly, they are moving the ball back to the Jax 35 or so and it is 2nd and 13. No flag. No whistle. No referee call shown on the broadcast. 

Papa and Millen are wondering out loud what happened. They apparently see the ref give a False Start call and say so. Then they show a view from the Jax endzone with all 22 players. Absolutely 0 movement from the Jax. 

Then Papa says they hear that the call was for an Illegal Formation (same hand signal as False Start). I am recording so I go back to the 22 view. 9 men on the line including two split wide and left, Garrard behind center and a running back 2 yards behind Garrard offset to his left. No Illegal Formation. No motion on the play. No flag.

The thing that gets me is they just called the penalty without throwing a flag. I have never seen a penalty called without some yellow object on the field. It really did give it the appearance of being made up.

The Jags momentum is killed on Offense. They give up the ball on a punt three plays later. The D eventually forces the Colts to punt and they get the ball back with about 2:06 left. They look pretty good, but suddenly Garrard is over-throwing his receivers. The third overthrow gets picked with less than 30 seconds left. It seemed they kind of gave up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]they shut down drew in the second half so they had to count on garrard's arm. it never felt like they were gonna pull off the upset- the qb did miss some widde open throwns to keep the final drive alive In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL :
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Garrard made a lot of big passes early. I thought they actually had a shot. Next up the Jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Second to last drive with a little over 5 minutes left. On 2nd and 8, Garrard completes a pass for 19 yards down to about the Colts 40. Suddenly, they are moving the ball back to the Jax 35 or so and it is 2nd and 13. No flag. No whistle. No referee call shown on the broadcast.  Papa and Millen are wondering out loud what happened. They apparently see the ref give a False Start call and say so. Then they show a view from the Jax endzone with all 22 players. Absolutely 0 movement from the Jax.  Then Papa says they hear that the call was for an Illegal Formation (same hand signal as False Start). I am recording so I go back to the 22 view. 9 men on the line including two split wide and left, Garrard behind center and a running back 2 yards behind Garrard offset to his left. No Illegal Formation. No motion on the play. No flag. The thing that gets me is they just called the penalty without throwing a flag. I have never seen a penalty called without some yellow object on the field. It really did give it the appearance of being made up. The Jags momentum is killed on Offense. They give up the ball on a punt three plays later. The D eventually forces the Colts to punt and they get the ball back with about 2:06 left. They look pretty good, but suddenly Garrard is over-throwing his receivers. The third overthrow gets picked with less than 30 seconds left. It seemed they kind of gave up.

Thanks, Sounds like the same old, same old.  The Colts have to be worried about this "D" just like the Pats are though. I'm actually looking forward to the Jets Colts game next week. I'm just sorry it's not out doors in New York.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]No one at this point but Pats fans is questioning the call.  Nothing in the Jax papers.  Nothing in the nationals.  Nothing in Indy.
    Google refs colts. Add Jags in on another search. Can you guess what pops up? Just about every other team forum and team paper talking about how the refs are giving these games to the Colts. It's definitely not just us. You all must be blind over there in Colts land.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Google refs colts. Add Jags in on another search. Can you guess what pops up? Just about every other team forum and team paper talking about how the refs are giving these games to the Colts. It's definitely not just us. You all must be blind over there in Colts land.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

But it's a willful blindness so they think it is OK.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]...No one at this point but Pats fans is questioning the call.  Nothing in the Jax papers.  Nothing in the nationals.  Nothing in Indy.  Maybe there will be more on it later, but at this time, its not in question except here...

Dogg, magicalhobo is right.  If you Google "refs Colts" you bring up a lot of other fans, media, and even a head coach talking about the refs with regard to Colts games.  I'm sure in a few days, you'll see results from last night's game too.  I don't buy into any conspiracy, but just wanted to point out that your insistence that this kind of talk only goes on here is 100% wrong.  It's occurring in a lot of places.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Google refs colts. Add Jags in on another search. Can you guess what pops up? Just about every other team forum and team paper talking about how the refs are giving these games to the Colts. It's definitely not just us. You all must be blind over there in Colts land.

LMAO.. Holy cow, it's a pandemic of Pi$$ed off fans. How do you get Vaccinated against this one?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Here is a snippet from the CBSSports.com message board.  There are a ton of forums, fans, media, and NFL coaches who have questioned calls in Colts games.

Thursday Night NFL: Colts @ Jaguars
    Level:All-Star
    Since:May 30, 2009
    December 17, 2009 10:58 pm

LOL at the false staRT

-Thursday Night NFL: Colts @ Jaguars
    Level:Superstar
    Since:Feb 1, 2007
    December 17, 2009 10:59 pm

what the hell was that penalty about? wow...that was epically bad

Level:All-Star
    Since:Jan 25, 2007
    December 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Colts fans are going to hear about the offsides penalty just called...

People will say it was a Phantom call...

Level:Superstar
    Since:Sep 13, 2007
    December 17, 2009 11:00 pm

False start called on the Jags, with no flag thrown, no motion on the line, and no play stoppage. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : LMAO.. Holy cow, it's a pandemic of Pi$$ed off fans. How do you get Vaccinated against this one?
    Not just fans, but coaches and players as well. Underdogg said the Pats fans were the only ones talking about it. I'm just proving him wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Not just fans, but coaches and players as well. Underdogg said the Pats fans were the only ones talking about it. I'm just proving him wrong.

Yeah, dogg likes to say we make accusations without any facts to back them up.  It looks like we just got him doing a little bit of that too.  Of course, he will comeback with "I was only talking about the game last night...".  That's why I included the "National" forum snippet.  It's pretty clear; most of the nation thinks the Colts are favored by the refs, and talk about it often.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Yeah, dogg likes to say we make accusations without any facts to back them up.  It looks like we just got him doing a little bit of that too.  Of course, he will comeback with "I was only talking about the game last night...".  That's why I included the "National" forum snippet.  It's pretty clear; most of the nation thinks the Colts are favored by the refs, and talk about it often.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, that was a great addition on reaction from the game. There's really nothing he can respond with, but I'm sure he'll say something else we can easily prove wrong. I like how the Colts fan in that snippet said "people" and not "pats fans." Even he admits it's everyone lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : LETS NOT FORGET ALL THE GARBAGE CALL THE PATRIOTS GOT DURING THEIR 16-0 RUN.  IT'S CALLED RATING!!
    Posted by thereheis[/QUOTE]

For example?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am recording so I go back to the 22 view. 9 men on the line including two split wide and left, Garrard behind center and a running back 2 yards behind Garrard offset to his left. No Illegal Formation. No motion on the play. No flag.

Thanks, Root.  You just proved it WAS an illegal formation.  The offense is required to have exactly SEVEN men on the line.  Since you saw nine on the line, that is the reason for the illegal formation.  All this whining, and it turns out it was a perfectly legitimate call.  The funny thing is: Enoch once accused ME of not knowing the rules...nine men on the line - my eight-year old nephew knows that's illegal formation!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Thanks, Root.  You just proved it WAS an illegal formation.  The offense is required to have exactly SEVEN men on the line.  Since you saw nine on the line, that is the reason for the illegal formation.  All this whining, and it turns out it was a perfectly legitimate call.  The funny thing is: Enoch once accused ME of not knowing the rules...nine men on the line - my eight-year old nephew knows that's illegal formation!
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

First of all, read the post again. There are nine men on the line two split wide. That means two wide receivers.  9-2=7. So a little more careful reading of my post would have the formation fit YOUR definition of a legal formation.

Second, the offensive line must have seven OR MORE players on the line at the snap. Not exactly seven. Thanks again for playing.

I am not sure what the best part about your post is. Is it that even with your own definition you were still wrong. Or was it that you once again showed you don't know jack all about the NFL rules even as you try to say I don't know them?  

Don't worry, either way it is win-win for me.

Edit - I added the link to the NFL Digest of Rules for your reading pleasure. Or maybe you can call ud and have him read them to you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : Second to last drive with a little over 5 minutes left. On 2nd and 8, Garrard completes a pass for 19 yards down to about the Colts 40. Suddenly, they are moving the ball back to the Jax 35 or so and it is 2nd and 13. No flag. No whistle. No referee call shown on the broadcast.  Papa and Millen are wondering out loud what happened. They apparently see the ref give a False Start call and say so. Then they show a view from the Jax endzone with all 22 players. Absolutely 0 movement from the Jax.  Then Papa says they hear that the call was for an Illegal Formation (same hand signal as False Start). I am recording so I go back to the 22 view. 9 men on the line including two split wide and left, Garrard behind center and a running back 2 yards behind Garrard offset to his left. No Illegal Formation. No motion on the play. No flag. The thing that gets me is they just called the penalty without throwing a flag. I have never seen a penalty called without some yellow object on the field. It really did give it the appearance of being made up. The Jags momentum is killed on Offense. They give up the ball on a punt three plays later. The D eventually forces the Colts to punt and they get the ball back with about 2:06 left. They look pretty good, but suddenly Garrard is over-throwing his receivers. The third overthrow gets picked with less than 30 seconds left. It seemed they kind of gave up.

I'm still compiling video for peytoninterference.com, could you please send me the footage of that? I'm still looking for it and I couldn't find it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : I'm still compiling video for peytonintereference.com, could you please send me the footage of that? I'm still looking for it and I couldn't find it.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I could if I had TiVo still but I switched to FiOS DVR when we got FiOS. I haven't tried to transfer video to my computer with FiOS but I am sure it would entail a lot of needless twisting and turning.

For video of games, you may want to check out tenyardtorrents. People post the games there. You just need a bit torrent client and prefereably a high-speed connection. I have used this before when I want to watch a game I was not able to get locally.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : LETS NOT FORGET ALL THE GARBAGE CALLS THE PATRIOTS GOT DURING THEIR 16-0 RUN.  IT'S CALLED RATINGS!!
    Posted by thereheis[/QUOTE]

REALLY?????????????????? Name THREE in ANY ONE GAME during the 2007 season!!!! The Dolts have averaged 3-4 EVERY game since week 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A PEYTON INTERFERANCE CALL : I could if I had TiVo still but I switched to FiOS DVR when we got FiOS. I haven't tried to transfer video to my computer with FiOS but I am sure it would entail a lot of needless twisting and turning. For video of games, you may want to check out tenyardtorrents. People post the games there. You just need a bit torrent client and prefereably a high-speed connection. I have used this before when I want to watch a game I was not able to get locally.

Money. Thanks!

Sections
Shortcuts