Time for Chad Johnson!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Time for Chad Johnson!

I have a feeling that Chad finally makes an impact, this week against the Jets. Confidene is a funny thing, all it takes is one big play to get this thing rolling. Even though he had zero receptions last week, you can see that he is working hard and the timing is starting to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Time for Chad Johnson!

BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah right...pass the bowl you've had WAAAAAY too much!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson!:
    BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Yeah right...pass the bowl you've had WAAAAAY too much!!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

What is your problem?  What are you six years old?  What was it the OP posted that brought on this response?  ON second thought, don't answer that, I haven't got time to deal with Bostensis Infantalis today....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Dessalines : have you been watching the same games I have....Chad is a TOTAL failure with the Pats...a waiste of a roster spot for the most part...I thought the the response was appropriate based on everything I have seen up to this point...what has he done this year to show he belongs on ANY team let alone the Patriots...TATE was better & at least contributed to special teams....

I'm a HUGE Patriots fan & been one sice the Grogan years...I can be objective & a realist as I've had plenty of experience with Patriots failures as well as succeses...CHAD BLOWS!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

we need to through a long ball... to someone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Time for Chad Johnson!:
    I have a feeling that Chad finally makes an impact, this week against the Jets. Confidene is a funny thing, all it takes is one big play to get this thing rolling. Even though he had zero receptions last week, you can see that he is working hard and the timing is starting to come.
    Posted by patriots44

I hope so, I keep saying it every week too

I dont want to give up on him because I do believe he could help a lot if they just use him the right way and give him good opportunities.  You cant throw to him deep only before he even gets his feet wet. Isnt a great downfield route runner anyway and should be getting anywhere from 3-5 catches a game EASY!

We all saw early on that he works the sideline as good as anyone and still has hands, but call a play for they dam guy and make him earn his money.

At this point its not even about saving face, its about saving this offense and the fact teams are keying in on Wes and Gronk and Hernandez is innefective right now with that bad knee.

Let him go to work on Wilson and keep feeding him till they stop it, and then look for your binkies.... 

This simple plan would work wonders to diversify this offense.  Price is not the answer this year, I'm pretty sure of that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Time for Chad Johnson!:
    Posted by patriots44

44 I am 100% with you. I honestly think he looks the part.  Lets go Chad and lets go Brady. It cannot be all Ocho's fault, the guy is a 6 time pro bowler and still looks like our fastest,tallest and longest receiver. Lets give him an opportunity to succeed or fail. 50 snaps for Ocho this Sunday!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

we need to through a long ball... to someone.
    Posted by bballfan99

Agreed!

Now back to Ocho, I have had this feeling since week 3 and it has not happened.  How long is this going to take?  Surely this should have happened by now!  Do we just keep hoping and wait for him to have a regular Patriots training camp to get on track for next season?  It didn't take Randy Moss time to get in the Patriots groove! I like the guy, I thought if they weren't going to bring Moss back that Ocho could be a very good move.  Sadly, that's not the case..... yet!????!!!???

I hope this week is the week but really, I wouldn't hold my breath.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You were around in the Grogan years dmpc?

Wow, and you still dont know football?

Do you think Chad is done as in "he cant play anymore"  or do the think the pats just arent using him right and your dreamboy Brady isnt taking the time to get him involved early like a good qb would?

Did you not see the good catches he made early in the season?  How about the 2 sideline toe tap catches for 1st downs.  The guy can play.  Maybe not gonna be running down field to catch bombs, but he hasnt done that much at all. He is a post pattern, hitch, slant guy and also runs good seven routes. One ball was underthrown where he actually did beat the defense.  Another was about 2 feet 2 high near the 20 yard line.

Another pass was thrown out of bounds and the last one WAS chads fault where he tried to push off the D.B. and wasnt where Brady thought he was going to be.

The onus is on the offensive coordinator to play to their strenghts and get the guy involved.  Im not buying him being done. I can tell when a player is done.

That was Randy last year. Couldnt do nothing for 3 different teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson! : Agreed! Now back to Ocho, I have had this feeling since week 3 and it has not happened.  How long is this going to take?  Surely this should have happened by now!  Do we just keep hoping and wait for him to have a regular Patriots training camp to get on track for next season?  It didn't take Randy Moss time to get in the Patriots groove! I like the guy, I thought if they weren't going to bring Moss back that Ocho could be a very good move.  Sadly, that's not the case..... yet!????!!!??? I hope this week is the week but really, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Posted by TFB12

hey TFB12, I just got off the phone w/Randy.  He told me to tell you to kindly shut up and keep his name out your mouth and he is very happy in retirement.

Wow, are you stil gonna be asking for Moss in 10 years??  Its OVER man.

What do you think we cant ever do anything now that Moss is gone?

Did you know that Moss wasnt on our team in 01, 03, and 04 and actually no team has ever won a SB with Randy Moss, so I dont understand your logic and its getting very old.  You sound like a broken record.  Im sorry If I offended you, I did not mean to, but please stop talking about guys who arent here and arent coming back. Troy Brown has a better chance of suiting up again...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

What about Stallworth? Last year he still ran a 4.3 40 and is a free agent now. He can surely burn corners on streaks..

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

through a long ball????? through, what the heck is that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

A little help by OchoCinco (¿chad johnson?)

A little help by Price

And this passing offense is fixed and ready to roll

Welker, gronk and hernandez are gonna to be the main guys, but we need some production out of those 2 + Branch.

go pats !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson! : hey TFB12, I just got off the phone w/Randy.  He told me to tell you to kindly shut up and keep his name out your mouth and he is very happy in retirement. Wow, are you stil gonna be asking for Moss in 10 years??  Its OVER man. What do you think we cant ever do anything now that Moss is gone? Did you know that Moss wasnt on our team in 01, 03, and 04 and actually no team has ever won a SB with Randy Moss, so I dont understand your logic and its getting very old.  You sound like a broken record.  Im sorry If I offended you, I did not mean to, but please stop talking about guys who arent here and arent coming back. Troy Brown has a better chance of suiting up again...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Really, if you wanted to bash me you should have done it on a thread where I'm saying Moss should be back.  Now as I recall, word was that the Pats talked to Moss before the season showing interest, Moss didn't like the deal so they signed Ocho.  Fact or Fiction, I don't know. 

Bottom line is the Pats need a deep threat.  There is nobody else out there to pick up that would be a come in and play now deep threat like Moss could be.  It's not just a cry out for Moss, it's a cry out for any legit deep threat available!!  Moss is the best option at this point of time and if both the Patriots and Moss were interested it's a no brainer!  Moss would be more of a deep threat then anyone currently on the team.  He would still demand defenses respect.  He knows the system, he is a legit come in now and play deep threat for this team with the current scheme!  Other teams didn't know how to use him.  Much like other teams didn't know how to use Welker and Woodhead.  They work in this system and Moss does to.

Now, you say the Pats didn't have him in 01, 03, 04.  True, but apparently that isn't working for the Pats this day and age now is it?  Whole different teams back then, Heck, that was many years ago, it's a whole new ball game now.  With exception to the Moss era, the patriots schemes have been pretty much the same.  They are figured out now and they do not work now!  Not with this team and that says a lot because there is tons of talent on this team with exception to the long ball. Something new is needed!  What's missing here.... The deep threat!!

For a minute, just imagine what the Patriots could do with Moss (or any legit deep threat), Welker, Branch, Gronk, Hernandez.  It's mind blowing, really! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson! : Really, if you wanted to bash me you should have done it on a thread where I'm saying Moss should be back.  Now as I recall, word was that the Pats talked to Moss before the season showing interest, Moss didn't like the deal so they signed Ocho.  Fact or Fiction, I don't know.  Bottom line is the Pats need a deep threat.  There is nobody else out there to pick up that would be a come in and play now deep threat like Moss could be.  It's not just a cry out for Moss, it's a cry out for any legit deep threat available!!  Moss is the best option at this point of time and if both the Patriots and Moss were interested it's a no brainer!  Moss would be more of a deep threat then anyone currently on the team.  He would still demand defenses respect.  He knows the system, he is a legit come in now and play deep threat for this team with the current scheme!  Other teams didn't know how to use him.  Much like other teams didn't know how to use Welker and Woodhead.  They work in this system and Moss does to. Now, you say the Pats didn't have him in 01, 03, 04.  True, but apparently that isn't working for the Pats this day and age now is it?  Whole different teams back then, Heck, that was many years ago, it's a whole new ball game now.  With exception to the Moss era, the patriots schemes have been pretty much the same.  They are figured out now and they do not work now!  Not with this team and that says a lot because there is tons of talent on this team with exception to the long ball. Something new is needed!  What's missing here.... The deep threat!! For a minute, just imagine what the Patriots could do with Moss (or any legit deep threat), Welker, Branch, Gronk, Hernandez.  It's mind blowing, really! 
    Posted by TFB12

Do you really think Moss had success here because he fit the system not because he was a once in a generation talent with ridiculous speed, agility, hands, jumping ability and size?  There is nothing about the Patriots scheme that makes Moss better.  The question with Moss has always been about the erosion of his physical skills and his motivation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im sorry I havent been up to date with the reports, I just feel what we saw last year was a guy in decline. Wether or not that was because he quit or just doesnt have it IDK, but I think either way its not happening.  Would I welcome in some help, hells yea but the way Bill is jettisoning players left and right, I just dont see Randy coming back....Hell Wes aint even got a deal yet and he didnt even publicly ask for an extension like Moss did.

Bill loves Moss and what he did so he wont badmouth him and thats why people think the door is still open, he may have even been worked out, but the fact he still isnt here...IDK

I like him in 07,08 and some of 09, but last year I thought he hurt us more than he helped and his influence was starting to affect Brady and I want the offense to be spread around again..

I will buy you a beer and apologize if he ever returns, but I dont see it but I respect your opinion based upon what you have heard.  I really think we can get it done with what we have ,but the offense needs to create a better identity

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Do you really think Moss had success here because he fit the system not because he was a once in a generation talent with ridiculous speed, agility, hands, jumping ability and size?  Posted by pcmIV

Yes and no.  His talents you listed are not to be questioned, he has all the ability in the world.  Not nicknamed the "Freak" by accident!  But still he needs a system to use those talents!  Proven point was the Raiders.  He had all the same skills and talent there but he was not in the right system.  He comes to the Patriots and look what happens!  Records are borken! 

There is nothing about the Patriots scheme that makes Moss better.  The question with Moss has always been about the erosion of his physical skills and his motivation.
    Posted by pcmIV

What?  Sure it did.  You have to have more then just the deep ball, you have to have a run game and short ball too.  The Patriots had all 3 aspects of the offense.  Moss was a big part of the scheme.  You are darn right the Pats scheme made Moss better.  You don't get those numbers by throwing deep every play.  Eventually teams catch on and gameplan for the deep ball. 

Is Moss as good as 07, I would bet he isn't.  But I would also bet he offers more of a deep threat for the Patriots then any current player on the roster.  Any current player available to pick up right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well now Moss and Stallworth are available.....hmmmmm

Noone would miss Edleman...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson! : Yes and no.  His talents you listed are not to be questioned, he has all the ability in the world.  Not nicknamed the "Freak" by accident!  But still he needs a system to use those talents!  Proven point was the Raiders.  He had all the same skills and talent there but he was not in the right system.  He comes to the Patriots and look what happens!  Records are borken!  What?  Sure it did.  You have to have more then just the deep ball, you have to have a run game and short ball too.  The Patriots had all 3 aspects of the offense.  Moss was a big part of the scheme.  You are darn right the Pats scheme made Moss better.  You don't get those numbers by throwing deep every play.  Eventually teams catch on and gameplan for the deep ball.  Is Moss as good as 07, I would bet he isn't.  But I would also bet he offers more of a deep threat for the Patriots then any current player on the roster.  Any current player available to pick up right now.
    Posted by TFB12

I think he was "bad" in Oakland because his team was bad and he didn't care.  You say the Patriots scheme made him better, but I say the quality of the team made him better because he was more motivated, had a better QB throwing to him and had other players on offense who could take some of the attention away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

LOL ocho looked good in the Jets and Oak game?  Let me guess the NFL sends you the full 22 video tape so you can analyze what happens on every play. Or in reality you claim know all this by what  you see on the TV telecast. Laugable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Well now Moss and Stallworth are available.....hmmmmm Noone would miss Edleman...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I agree that noone will miss Edelman. However, it won't take Moss or Stallworth walking through that door to do it. We added Underwood this week to return KRs. I hope he can also return PRs. He is better than Woodhead in this area, and should easilly be better than what we are not getting from Edelman here. OR, use Vereen to field punts. Why isn't this kid practicing PRs? He would seem ideal for this, and a nice way to work him in. Deactivate Edelman, activate Vereen.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'm not debating that Chad doesn't have heart or a great attitude...the offense is too complex for him and he's not disaplined enough to be where he's suppose to be on a basis where Brady can rely on consistantly...does he have skills, yeah I'll give you that but they have deminished badly over the years...he's nothing special in this league anymore & that isn't going to change no matter who tosses him the ball...

Iagree it starts with the OC however...his game plans & play calling has just been pittiful...the inability or unwillingness to become a more balanced offense & use the talent sitting on the bench is what frustrates me most....MAYBE, JUST MAYBE if the Pats became more creative & balanced on offense(Brady not in shotgun 90% of the time) then Chad might be able to help move the Chains as D's wouldn't be able to know what was coming & thus move the chains using long drives taking time off the clock & keep our pourous D off the field & less chance of being exposed until it gets fixed....

Sections
Shortcuts