Time for Chad Johnson!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Time for Chad Johnson!

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson!:
    In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson! : Yup. Few receptions, some tough on the sideline and a key 3rd down against he Jets before half,. But WHoops, Brady thrrew an INT in the red zone fore ZERO points before half. lol Still walking into walls, Tommy, ain't ya?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

What about the other 75-90% of film you see nothing of on Branch or Ocho.  That's what I thought. You have no clue what goes on on each play. It's literally impossible without full 22 video. You claim Branch looks fine and get seperation. Tell me every route he ran, what was the coverage, and which ones he was open and if he made the right route adustment based on coverage in the 1st half against the Giants. That should be easy since you see all the plays and know he's getting open LOL. Just like all the Ocho footage you see to make assessments with. What a joke.

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson! : Yup. Few receptions, some tough on the sideline and a key 3rd down against he Jets before half,. But WHoops, Brady thrrew an INT in the red zone fore ZERO points before half. lol Still walking into walls, Tommy, ain't ya?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Even more funny you like the pick was Brady's fault when the ball hit Hernandez right in the hands for an easy TD against the Jets. Your pathetic. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I'm still pulling for him, he has made key plays here and there but hasn't had the impact I thought he would ( and no, it has nothing to do with that tired, stretching the field conversation). I believe he still has a chance for greatness in this offense but I also thought that with the Haynesworth signing we'd have a kickurazz, unstoppable, pressuring the qb, dominanting d line so what the hell do I know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You know what is amazing is Chad has been very quiet off the field this year, as he should be because he doesn't have much to talk about.  But I wonder what his true thoughts on the situation is.  Wonder if he still feels blessed to be a Patriot or if he wishes he was just getting by fooling everyone on a different team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I love Deon Branch but I have been disappointed with his production this year. I do not have a DVR so I can't rewatch the games and I do not isolate my viewing on the recievers but why is he struggling to produce. Is it that Brady likes the tight ends so much that Branch is getting lost in a numbers game or is he struggling to get open? Is the offensive line not giving Brady the time to let routs develop. Press coverage can only work if you get pressure. Given enough time any reciever worth his salt will find an openning. Depending on how these questions are answered I guess determines if Ochocinco should start over Branch in my mind. It's hard for me to think Ochocinco will be able to produce if he barely plays. You do not expect back ups to come into an NBA game in pressure situations to produce like a starter so to expect an NFL player to do the same is a bit much in my opinion. If his problems are caused by a lack of effort than cut him. Otherwise, perhaps he should get more touches.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Time for Chad Johnson!:
    I have a feeling that Chad finally makes an impact, this week against the Jets. Confidene is a funny thing, all it takes is one big play to get this thing rolling. Even though he had zero receptions last week, you can see that he is working hard and the timing is starting to come.
    Posted by patriots44

I hope you are right, but he appears to be more of a hanging chad at the present time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson! : spot on about ocho as far as branch, I think he has still has skills but his strenght is not getting away from press coverage and besides that Branch 2011 is not bradys favorite target. It is still Wes with Gronk as a close second. I cant blame him for looking towards Gronk with his skills and I think also its easier to target Gronk who will likely have a missmatch and he is 6'6" instead of Branch who isnt that big or fast, just a craft route runner and the pass is less likely to get picked going to the tight end expect last sunday when brady forced the throws.. Its the same thing really. We can do our thing against average defenses but any team with a D line that can rush with CB's that can press will give us fits.  We dont make it hard either. We might as well show our plays on the jumbotron and save some time calling it in to Brady only reason branch is startin over him because brady wants him there as he has more chemistry
    Posted by patsfan76

I'm sure you right about the "chemistry" but how can Ochocinco build up chemistry without playing time. Did Belichek completely overrate Ochocinco's talent or IQ. If you can not pick up an offense in 3 months when will he ever pick it up. Branch's production is really down yet Ochocinco does not play hardly at all. Therefore Branch is not the cause of his production decline (Brady prefers Welker and Gronkowski even when Branch is open) or Ochocinco is awful in practice or is unable to learn his responsibilities, in which case he should be cut after all this time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Chad Johnson! : I agree that noone will miss Edelman. However, it won't take Moss or Stallworth walking through that door to do it. We added Underwood this week to return KRs. I hope he can also return PRs. He is better than Woodhead in this area, and should easilly be better than what we are not getting from Edelman here. OR, use Vereen to field punts. Why isn't this kid practicing PRs? He would seem ideal for this, and a nice way to work him in. Deactivate Edelman, activate Vereen.
    Posted by PatsLifer

I think the Stallworth thing is more of a big deal because he can get on the field and run off coverage.  Maybe catch a few, but most importantly take a back with him and make a safety at least respect that half of the field.  Right now, sort of not happening.  Teams have make the adjustment to the short game and the stuff the TEs are running, and it's working.

Sections
Shortcuts