Time for LIFE AFTER GRONK/Hernandez..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Time for LIFE AFTER GRONK/Hernandez..........

Like everybody else here, I LOVE GRONK. But, how can any of us not see this for what it is. We now are looking at a guy who has had back to back years of devastating type injuries, especailly when you talk about the impact they have had on the TEAM's ultimate successes. Our offense was forced to re-invent itself as a result of losing the TE, NOT OUR QB, the TE! You can't let that happen again. This is proof positive that you have invested too much strategizing on one position and that all goes for not if/when you lose the speciall skill set that made you go there in the first place. QB? OK! it makes sense there, BUT TE? really??? HUGE MISTAKE and we've seen why the last 2-years. IMO you do whatever you can to move on while trying to benefit from Gronk's anticipated skills post rehab. If you get nothing, you get nothing. In the end, you never get the same guy after such serious leg injuries, especially the wreckless type of player that makes Gronk so intoxicating. He will NEVER regain the same type of athleticism or confidence that he displayed in the past. This new Gronk will be good as a typical NFL TE goes, but can never be THE GRONK who played like a GIANT WR again. Don't try to compare him to AP and his rehab, please. AP is a freak amongst freaks and good for him and the Vikes. Gronk's agility is gonna be more limited and his ability to go up to get the ball with the same explosiveness will never be the same. He will never have the same leverage and ability to gain body positioning again. He is simply too big and it is asking his body/legs to do too much now. OK, maybe there is a chance that he can be close, but who risks it at this stage? I don't think BB is the type to do so. IMO, He's already moved on. The arm was something that could be reasoned, the knee? For who he was and what he brought to the game, he will never be that guy again. Move on as soon as however/whenever possible. If you must keep him, then dial it down for damaged goods, cuz you can't really expect anything but average TE play from him. OR, go find another really good TE, but don't put so much emphasis on ONE non-QB position again. SMART Business my friends, just smart business..........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Time for LIFE AFTER GRONK/Hernandez..........

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like everybody else here, I LOVE GRONK. But, how can any of us not see this for what it is. We now are looking at a guy who has had back to back years of devastating type injuries, especailly when you talk about the impact they have had on the TEAM's ultimate successes. Our offense was forced to re-invent itself as a result of losing the TE, NOT OUR QB, the TE! You can't let that happen again. This is proof positive that you have invested too much strategizing on one position and that all goes for not if/when you lose the speciall skill set that made you go there in the first place. QB? OK! it makes sense there, BUT TE? really??? HUGE MISTAKE and we've seen why the last 2-years. IMO you do whatever you can to move on while trying to benefit from Gronk's anticipated skills post rehab. If you get nothing, you get nothing. In the end, you never get the same guy after such serious leg injuries, especially the wreckless type of player that makes Gronk so intoxicating. He will NEVER regain the same type of athleticism or confidence that he displayed in the past. This new Gronk will be good as a typical NFL TE goes, but can never be THE GRONK who played like a GIANT WR again. Don't try to compare him to AP and his rehab, please. AP is a freak amongst freaks and good for him and the Vikes. Gronk's agility is gonna be more limited and his ability to go up to get the ball with the same explosiveness will never be the same. He will never have the same leverage and ability to gain body positioning again. He is simply too big and it is asking his body/legs to do too much now. OK, maybe there is a chance that he can be close, but who risks it at this stage? I don't think BB is the type to do so. IMO, He's already moved on. The arm was something that could be reasoned, the knee? For who he was and what he brought to the game, he will never be that guy again. Move on as soon as however/whenever possible. If you must keep him, then dial it down for damaged goods, cuz you can't really expect anything but average TE play from him. OR, go find another really good TE, but don't put so much emphasis on ONE no-QB position again. SMART Business my friends, just smart business..........

[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that Welker came back, just fine.  If I didn't know that he had suffered that kind of injury, I never would have guessed it from watching him.  I think it's way too early to speculate how this might impact Gronkowski.  My guess is, he will be a little tentative, at first, but over time he will get back into form.  One of the biggest things in his favor is his age.  He's still very young and that should only help in terms of his recovery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

BB recognizes Gronk's continued vulnerability and undependability over the long run of a season. He will move to boost the TE group during the offseason. Jace Amaro of Texas Tech could be a possibility but I am not sure BB is ready to surrender a #1 pick for him. Thoughts on who BB brings in?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

BB recognizes Gronk's continued vulnerability and undependability over the long run of a season. He will move to boost the TE group during the offseason. Jace Amaro of Texas Tech could be a possibility but I am not sure BB is ready to surrender a #1 pick for him. Thoughts on who BB brings in?

Still too early to tell which way BB goes with the TE position now, but I do say that he rethinks the emphasis of using similar BIG receiver type TEs and moves back towards the conventional "tall" WR types if he can grab some. It worked well with Tom, especially with Tom's fading ability to hit faster guys deeper down field. Bigger slower TE types give him a chance at a not so deep attempt. Now, BB needs to figure how to fix all of this by adapting the right personnel to one anothers skill sets. With Tom not getting better at this now, Bill has tough decisions to make after this year if not before. Harsh, but reality. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is gonna be a looooooonnnnnngggggggg off-season with all these which player to let go threads popping up everywhere.

One wonders, and here is the "what-if" question - " If the Pats had defeated Denver and went on to win the SB with THIS group, would we see all the manners of posts about personnel changes like we are seeing now? "

I ask this because, up until the face plant in the AFCCG by the Pats, there was quite a bit of confidence in THIS group of Patriot players they could win the SB.  Now, seems the entire team needs to be revamped!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

This is gonna be a looooooonnnnnngggggggg off-season with all these which player to let go threads popping up everywhere.

One wonders, and here is the "what-if" question - " If the Pats had defeated Denver and went on to win the SB with THIS group, would we see all the manners of posts about personnel changes like we are seeing now? "

I ask this because, up until the face plant in the AFCCG by the Pats, there was quite a bit of confidence in THIS group of Patriot players they could win the SB.  Now, seems the entire team needs to be revamped!

Bill, you are oh so right. BUT, if the "face plant" hadn't been lead by Tom, our "Best Ever" QB, then it wouldn't be so concerning. I KNOW!!!!! that so many think that it was because the D played soooooooooo pooorly. But the truth is, if Tom plays the way we needed him to and hit on a couple of those 4-5 very poorly thrown balls to Edelman and Collie and Vereen, then he picks the D up, just like he had ALL YEAR LONG on sooooooo many occasions. Even if the D played exactly the same, if Tom gives his guys a chance to catch all of those poorly thrown passes, we probably STILL win the game. THAT'S WHO TOM WAS AND HAS DONE FOR SO MANY YEARS. You either are or are not that guy. Tom is quickly becoming "not that guy" headed into next season at 37-yrs old and getting older fast. So, YES, if we win and are going into the Super Bowl, then its because TOM made the difference, and YES, AGAIN! Fair? NO. Reality, YES! We can't make excuses when he doesn't live up to his own standard and the Pats lose. At this point, you also can't expect the defense to make up for what Tom may not be abel to do moving forward, so its time to start thinking about the next iteration of the NE Patriots. I believe we can stay on top and do not believe that Tom is the only reason BB has been so successful. No worries! We all will soon see if this theory is correct. We only have 1, maybe 2 years left of it...............Lets start making some changes in personnel before it gets any uglier than it did in the Denver game, no matter who it is. Tom can give us another year, but unless Bill modifies the offense even more away from Tom being forced to carry the load, much like we say with the run game as we closed out this campaign, we likely won't be thrilled about where Tom's game has gone this time next year as Tom heads toward 38.........JMO!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have no fear RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:

BB will draft TWO TE's this draft...one to block/play the traditional role and a move TE...there are several of both types available.....I have no dubt that will be the plan

[/QUOTE]

And that is a solid, fundamental plan, MeLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY-MELLLLLLLLLL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

You giving up on Gronk? he can't help it if people are targeting him with the intent of injurying him.

Gronkk is here to stay

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree to a point and started a similar thread earlier. I will say some people changed my mind a bit, just by reminding me of Gronk's age. I forgot he was that young. Having said that you bring up some very very good points and quite frankly you may be right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

Our offense was forced to re-invent itself as a result of losing the TE, NOT OUR QB, the TE! You can't let that happen again. 

[/QUOTE]

That's why the GM needs to 'Just do his job" and get TB some real weapons, ala 2007.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Our offense was forced to re-invent itself as a result of losing the TE, NOT OUR QB, the TE! You can't let that happen again. 

That's why the GM needs to 'Just do his job" and get TB some real weapons, ala 2007.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He must do an exceptional job, especially with this off season Meaning so much for so many reasons. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

1. Enough bashing TB. I acknowledge his long game is mediocre. BUt he is a great QB right now. You want him to deliver then GIVE HIM TIME TO THROW (and block for the running backs even when we are playing a team with a good front or DT(s)). If TB has the time Manning had he would have a great game. SO FIX THE PROBLEMS ON THE O LINE (C, RG, not having to fall back on a 3rd string TE)

2. Gronk will come back. BUT... we need a guy good enough to be a regular if he is hurt. And we need a guy good enough to be a solid 2nd TE in any case. After DT and C/RG TE is our greatest need. You dont always draft in order of need. In any case I would expect... HOPE we fix the O line (and so make both our passing and running much more dangerous) and dix the D line AND get at least a very solid 2nd TE and even better if he is a decent 1st stringer TE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

too bad those 2 could not bring the ring to NE... they really played good football, but never in january and never the 2 of them together.

i think gronk will be back next year and still be a top 5 TE in this league... that very good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Enough bashing TB. I acknowledge his long game is mediocre. BUt he is a great QB right now. You want him to deliver then GIVE HIM TIME TO THROW (and block for the running backs even when we are playing a team with a good front or DT(s)). If TB has the time Manning had he would have a great game. SO FIX THE PROBLEMS ON THE O LINE (C, RG, not having to fall back on a 3rd string TE)

2. Gronk will come back. BUT... we need a guy good enough to be a regular if he is hurt. And we need a guy good enough to be a solid 2nd TE in any case. After DT and C/RG TE is our greatest need. You dont always draft in order of need. In any case I would expect... HOPE we fix the O line (and so make both our passing and running much more dangerous) and dix the D line AND get at least a very solid 2nd TE and even better if he is a decent 1st stringer TE.

[/QUOTE]

i would love to see BB drafting a big Center in the 2nd

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You giving up on Gronk? he can't help it if people are targeting him with the intent of injurying him.

Gronkk is here to stay

[/QUOTE]

if Gronk is here to stay, we still need another pass catching TE to fill his shoes the first six weeks or so as well and the offense in place still demands two pass catching TE to be at its best.