Time for Patriots to hit panic button at WR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Time for Patriots to hit panic button at WR?

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

I wonder what it would cost to attain Fitzgerald....let's see....oh, what, 12-15 million a year in cap hit, how many guys cut to pay for it, how many future #1 choices?.....not worth it...

What?  He won't play for free?  Rusty has been on this forum saying players will take less to come play for the patriots!!  Will he take half that?  It's BB and the Patriots calling for Larry!!!  Three quarters of that???

Heck!! another thing Rusty was wrong about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Is Michael Jenkins the panic button?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

I wonder what it would cost to attain Fitzgerald....let's see....oh, what, 12-15 million a year in cap hit, how many guys cut to pay for it, how many future #1 choices?.....not worth it...

What?  He won't play for free?  Rusty has been on this forum saying players will take less to come play for the patriots!!  Will he take half that?  It's BB and the Patriots calling for Larry!!!  Three quarters of that???

Heck!! another thing Rusty was wrong about.

His desire to play here has nothing to do with a potential trade and how much of his current salary the Pats would be paying.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The Patriots don't have many holes left, but the one at wide receiver is glaring, and they must take bold steps in the next month. Tom Brady needs enough targets to not only continue the offensive dominance that has lasted over a decade, but to fix the problems the passing offense has had since Randy Moss and his ability to take the top off of defenses left. 

With the addition of another free agent or two, and a double-dip in the draft they should have enough pieces in the mix for a competition, though it's no guarantee that the offense can continue their torrid pace of 2012.

The moves the Patriots make at wide receiver over the next month will play a significant part in the final act of Tom Brady's career. Finding and developing new dangerous playmakers for Brady has never been easy, and the Pats have missed far more than they've hit.

Now it might be the only thing standing between Brady, Belichick and their fourth Super Bowl.

Read more here: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1580906-time-for-patriots-to-hit-the-panic-button-at-wide-receiver

WHY? Hasn't Tom proven that he can turn ANYBODY who can catch the ball MOST OF THE TIME into a household name? Look at all those guys from the past! None of them were ever that tall or that fast except for Randy, yet he's made some great ones, and once they left, they faded badly. Its all Tom! We have enough pass catchers already! Sure, gimme a burner for the sake of having that luxury and dimension, but the last thing the PATRIOTS will ever do is panic over WRs as long as Tom is throwing the ball. OF ALL PEOPLE, I'd think TFB12 would know that. OH wait! Are you still not over "he who should not be mentioned" leaving yet? That's where this panic is coming from, ISN'T IT?! ;-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

The Patriots don't have many holes left, but the one at wide receiver is glaring, and they must take bold steps in the next month. Tom Brady needs enough targets to not only continue the offensive dominance that has lasted over a decade, but to fix the problems the passing offense has had since Randy Moss and his ability to take the top off of defenses left. 

With the addition of another free agent or two, and a double-dip in the draft they should have enough pieces in the mix for a competition, though it's no guarantee that the offense can continue their torrid pace of 2012.

The moves the Patriots make at wide receiver over the next month will play a significant part in the final act of Tom Brady's career. Finding and developing new dangerous playmakers for Brady has never been easy, and the Pats have missed far more than they've hit.

Now it might be the only thing standing between Brady, Belichick and their fourth Super Bowl.

Read more here: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1580906-time-for-patriots-to-hit-the-panic-button-at-wide-receiver

WHY? Hasn't Tom proven that he can turn ANYBODY who can catch the ball MOST OF THE TIME into a household name? Look at all those guys from the past! None of them were ever that tall or that fast except for Randy, yet he's made some great ones, and once they left, they faded badly. Its all Tom! We have enough pass catchers already! Sure, gimme a burner for the sake of having that luxury and dimension, but the last thing the PATRIOTS will ever do is panic over WRs as long as Tom is throwing the ball. OF ALL PEOPLE, I'd think TFB12 would know that. OH wait! Are you still not over "he who should not be mentioned" leaving yet? That's where this panic is coming from, ISN'T IT?! ;-)

Hahahaha!  Dude, I didn't write the article, I just posted it without even a comment about it.

Hey, I'm a huge TFB fan but I'm going to play devils advocate here for a minute.  Please tell me all the great WR's he has made.  Then please tell me what went wrong with these receivers... Chad Ochocinco (15 receptions with the Patriots), Joey Galloway (seven receptions), Chad Jackson (13 receptions) and Taylor Price (three receptions). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Read more here: 

Hahahaha!  Dude, I didn't write the article, I just posted it without even a comment about it.

Hey, I'm a huge TFB fan but I'm going to play devils advocate here for a minute.  Please tell me all the great WR's he has made.  Then please tell me what went wrong with these receivers... Chad Ochocinco (15 receptions with the Patriots), Joey Galloway (seven receptions), Chad Jackson (13 receptions) and Taylor Price (three receptions). 

LOL

Past prime and no talent recievers.  How many still playing?  Price?

Only the names have changed!  If you get my drift.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Read more here: 

AS Patriots, Brown, Patten, Givens, Branch, and even Welker were great NFL receivers. Once they left, they faded terribly. Wes obviously has a shot with Peyton being a Slot Junkie, but I doubt it will be what we are use to seeing with him as a Pat. And it just isn't WR's, its TEs too. Tom is a star maker......Period. And as for Chad, Joey, and Taylor, they were past prime, and didn't have the cerebral capacity to grasp the complexity of being  in the Pats intircate offense. They don't just call plays and run patterns in NE. There is more unspoken coordination and adjustments pre snap than any of us could imagine. There's so much to learn and to commit it to memory is pretty difficult who is use to lining up and thinking, "JUST RUN FAST AND MAKE A PRECISION CUT". NE offense is an option oriented offense. Too hard to learn for most, no matter how physically talented.

Sections
Shortcuts