Time for Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Time for Price

Taylor Price needs to get on the field in place of Branch, for a few reps. Branch has not made many receptions the last 2 games. Perfect game against the Jets ,for Price to start contributing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Time for Price

Get a grip dude. Branch is a split time starter who plays the same role as Chad. You obviously missed the td he caught 3 days ago. The guy has as much chemistry with Brady as Welker does albeit minus WW's incredible skills.

He has already made huge plays for us through 4 games and last year he made us forget about Moss instantly. I can't figure out why anybody would want a guy to take reps away from any of the receivers on this team? If its not broke don't fix it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Price:
    [QUOTE]Get a grip dude. Branch is a split time starter who plays the same role as Chad. You obviously missed the td he caught 3 days ago. The guy has as much chemistry with Brady as Welker does albeit minus WW's incredible skills. He has already made huge plays for us through 4 games and last year he made us forget about Moss instantly. I can't figure out why anybody would want a guy to take reps away from any of the receivers on this team? If its not broke don't fix it!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]Not saying to replace Branch. Deon has been great so far, would just like to see Price get his feet wet with a few plays, to see what he can do. BJGE has been running great, so I guess we should keep Ridley on the Bench too RIGHT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I actually happen to think Price was being saved for this game. He was injured too but also why give the Jets something to look at on film?

Who knows. I'd love to be right come Sunday night.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In a perfect world, you would have that guy who can stretch it out and make the defense follow you deep.

I just don't see Price or Slater striking the fear of God into anybody.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I thought it was a valid question, not to say he is needed as we are scoring and I want Deion on the field, but just for the reason that he is a 3rd rd pick in his 2nd year after redshirting, I think we need to see what he has.  We are hoping that by year 3 he will get a chance, and if he doesnt, isnt it a wasted pick.

Do the math....Wes is in a contract year so who knows about wether he will be here next year.  Chad is signed for 3 years I think.  Branch may have 2 more years or one left. We need to evaluate how he performs on the field before we make decisons on Wes and the more he sits on the bench the more people like  me will wonder what defensive player we could have had with that pick right now with a struggling defense.

Against the Jets, we need all hands on deck considering they have 2 good cover cb's and have kept Branch and Wes to below average days before..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]I think it is more important for Hernandez to be on the field Sunday than Price. With Hernandez out there it creates match up issues for the Jets and puts pressure on their secondary.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Hernandez is a big part of the reason Branch was open so often the first two weeks. He is someone that has to be accounted for on every play, which opens things up more for everyone else. Branch (or Price) could have a big game if Hernandez is back. Would still like a 2nd blocking TE to help pave the road for the running backs. Not a 3rd tackle, or an OL or a LB playing TE, a legit mauler of a TE who could even be another target occassionally.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Price : Exactly. Hernandez is a big part of the reason Branch was open so often the first two weeks. He is someone that has to be accounted for on every play, which opens things up more for everyone else. Branch (or Price) could have a big game if Hernandez is back. Would still like a 2nd blocking TE to help pave the road for the running backs. Not a 3rd tackle, or an OL or a LB playing TE, a legit mauler of a TE who could even be another target occassionally.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

This is what I have been saying.  We had 2 good prospects in camp,. we looked loaded, now for 2 weeks have played with one tight end. They do this to have an excuse not to run it.  Do you think we would ever just keep 2 recievers?  They would sign anyone just to have the spread personell. I am baffled that a 2nd TE hasnt come in yet

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Taylor Price needs to get on the field in place of Branch, for a few reps. Branch has not made many receptions the last 2 games. Perfect game against the Jets ,for Price to start contributing.

This is my thought....1st why does Taylor Price need to get on the field? Why in place of Branch, a guy who is constantly in the right place, right time? Branch has a td reception less then 48 hours ago. Why would the Jets be a perfect time to play a guy who has almost never played? Especially against a team with great CB's? The whole premise doesn't make sense to me, and honestly I'd rather have more Edelman, or Slater sightings then a guy who has never played. Need to limit mistakes and turnovers against an opportunistic defense, not risk a guy being in wrong place wrong time because he doesn't know the play book.

Ridley was already 2nd on the depth chart for the power run game. Price is 7th for the passing game.

1.WW
    2.Hernandez.....We will play Hernandez at receiver more then traditional TE.
    3.Branch
    4.Ocho
    5.Edelman
    6.Slater.

Big difference in needing to get one involved over the other. Patriots don't need Price. They need a run game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I hear you champ.  I dont think we NEED him either but he has to start somewhere. I am not saying against the jets, but after #1 and # 2 cb, who are we scared of?  He has been here for a year and a half and actually should know the offense better than Chad.  If he cant beat the Jets dime back right now, than I want to know that now, not in week 16 when its too late. The games are just gonna get more important as the year goes on, so I can see making a case for his appearance but for me its more of the point that Hey this guy was drafted too high to sit around for 2 years. OUr offense may have looked good for the 1st few weeks but Ryan is like the Pats, he takes away your strenghts, so if Wes and Branch are taken out the game by coverage than why not let Price get his feet wet and see if he can make a play. Like i said, better to find out now than in january and trot him out there with the deer in headlights look.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

If Price is going to steal any reps, they should be some of Ocho's. Not saying that it will happen, but there is little chemistry between TB and 85 so far...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Price : Exactly. Hernandez is a big part of the reason Branch was open so often the first two weeks. He is someone that has to be accounted for on every play, which opens things up more for everyone else. Branch (or Price) could have a big game if Hernandez is back. Would still like a 2nd blocking TE to help pave the road for the running backs. Not a 3rd tackle, or an OL or a LB playing TE, a legit mauler of a TE who could even be another target occassionally.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]
    I happen to like seeing Dane Fletcher out there on the goalline. Would like to see him become Vrabel 2.0 ... Loved that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I'ver been waiting for Price to show up in a regular season game for two years.  I think he's got real talent.  It's been like waiting for Godot.  If he plays I hope he has a big game and then I hope he can stay healthy, otherwise back to feeling like I'm watching a play in the theatre of the absurd.

BTW, he doesn't have to replace Branch or anybody else he just needs to be another option and if he plays, he will be an option the YETS know little about.  He certainly is not on their fan's radar.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'd like to see him at either side.  Nice field stretcher, make them respect the deep ball.  Give Wes some room to do his thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I hear you champ.  I dont think we NEED him either but he has to start somewhere. I am not saying against the jets, but after #1 and # 2 cb, who are we scared of?  He has been here for a year and a half and actually should know the offense better than Chad. How would he know any NFL offense better then Chad? He hasn't played, and couldn't he not practice last year or something? If he cant beat the Jets dime back right now, than I want to know that now, not in week 16 when its too late.Why do we need to know if this guy can do anything by week 16? Chances are he will not see the field this year for a significant amount of time, barring more then one injury. The games are just gonna get more important as the year goes on, so I can see making a case for his appearance but for me its more of the point that Hey this guy was drafted too high to sit around for 2 years.We have had more draft picks in the 1st 3 rounds then any team in the league for a long time now. Guys are drafted and red shirted all the time, we don't need everyone of them, especially when the guys in front of them are doing great! OUr offense may have looked good for the 1st few weeks but Ryan is like the Pats, he takes away your strenghts, so if Wes and Branch are taken out the game by coverage than why not let Price get his feet wet and see if he can make a play. Like i said, better to find out now than in january and trot him out there with the deer in headlights look. I don't think Price will play in January at all, even if he comes in and saves a falling baby from the stands while catching a td pass that he threw himself. 

We have too many talented players in front of him. We don't need much on offense other then diversity in Obrien's game plan, and in game adjustments. Not broken, don't fix it at other players expense.

I'll look forward to him possibly being a contributor next year when we may or may not have Welker, Branch or Chad.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

-Price was healthy all last year, and he only has to know the pats offense and being here a year longer than chad and practicing for a year, Yes he should know more

-You just answered your own question. Injuries happen, some in the last week of the seaon like in 09' with Wes and guess what?  ...you already know

-You may enjoy seeing players picked just for fun and then released in 3 years, but I dont.

-I dont know about falling babies,. but I prefer a 3rd rd pick to play after 2 years of being here.

-We have shown so far this year that we can rely on Wes and Branch.  Is that too many playmakers for you?  I think you can never have enough depth at a spot that is injury prone for us.

-If he doesnt play this year, what makes you think he will even be here in year 3??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Sometimes us fans get it right (BJGE), and sometimes we get it wrong (Terrance Nunn).  I seem to recall similar pleas to get Nunn some more reps.  He was signed to the Bucs 53-man roster, cut the next year, and plays in Canada now.  I hope Price falls into the BJGE category.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I am really not saying he needs to play I was just defending the poster because Champ jumped all over him and I just said it was a valid ?? and im left to defend the guy and the original poster split....lol

Champ said its one thing to be wanted and another to be needed, and I agree

The diff. for me is that Nunn was a preseason wonder who was undrafted.

Price a 3rd rd pick people expected things from.  If he doesnt even see the field as a healthy scratch for 2 years, Im just saying....ya know the B.B. bashers got more ammo now and what player could we have had on defense this year and last in place of this not needed player....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

This guy is the most physically gifted receiver on the team. He's the biggest and fastest receiver, and looks to have good hands. It's time to take the training wheels off this guy and get him some reps. I don't care if it comes at Branch's expense (1 catch in past 2 games), or Ocho. The 3 of them need to be thrown into the mix and see who becomes the # 2 option. If Hernandez can't go this week, we somebody to step up at WR besides Welker. The Jets will do all they can to eliminate Welker. Price could be that big play guy we've lacked since Moss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Jay, It just irks me when fans say things like ,Taylor Price NEEDS to get on the field in place of Branch" when that is clearly not true. We have a great offense, perhaps the best in the league when the run game is involved. We don't need a guy because he was drafted in the 3rd round. We clearly took him as a developmental player and right now we have 5-6 guys who should without a doubt be in front of him.

Saying we have 2 reliable play makers is wrong. With Hernandez we have 3 which really means we have 4 because Gronk cannot be doubled with Hernandez on the field. Considering most teams are lucky to have 1 go to/play making receiver, I would say we are in pretty good shape without needing Taylor Price to do anything.

What we need to do is better utilize the run game, which will make this offense near unstoppable, we need to start sending extra rushers on 3rd down if we ever want to get off the field, and we need Bill Obrien to coach well in the playoffs. If these things happen I think we win our 4rth SB. We don't need Taylor Price.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE] This guy is the most physically gifted receiver on the team. He's the biggest and fastest receiver, and looks to have good hands. It's time to take the training wheels off this guy and get him some reps. I don't care if it comes at Branch's expense (1 catch in past 2 games) {yeah the catch was a td on limited reps, the 2 games before he had 15 recs for 220 yards. Not good enough for you? In 11 games last year as a Patriot he had 48 recs, 700 yards and 6 tds, still want an unknown to play over him? Strange idea to me}, or Ocho. The 3 of them need to be thrown into the mix and see who becomes the # 2 option. If Hernandez can't go this week, we somebody to step up at WR besides Welker. The Jets will do all they can to eliminate Welker. Price could be that big play guy we've lacked since Moss.Or Price could be the next Chad Jackson, who also happend to be our most athletic reciever. Maybe Price comes in and goes for 100 yards and a td, or maybe he is out of position and the Jets intercept a pass or sack brady due to the blown assignment. Point is we needed Chad Jackson at the time, we don't  need Price right now, so why give him a proven guys reps in one of the biggest games of the season? Has the whole damn world gone mad?
    Posted by dfitzp[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I would love to see Price, when he is fully healthy. he hurt his hammie, and to be a deep speed threat, you need that hammie to 100%.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Price is starting to slowly make his way out of Foxboro, ala Tate.

Can't make the team if you're always in the tub!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

]Taylor Price needs to get on the field in place of Branch, for a few reps
    If anything against the Jets, I would put Slater in a couple of extra plays to draw coverage from either Revis or Crummy

Sections
Shortcuts