Time for Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Re: Time for Price

Come on, it was painfully obvious in the past 2 games that we need more from the other receivers besides Welker. I'm not saying bench Branch or Ocho, I was saying we need to work this kid into the rotation to see what he's got. The past 2 games it's been alarming at the lack of production from Edelman, Branch, Slater and Ocho. Why have this kid on the roster if you will never use him. Just cut him and bring in Moss then. This guy's been in the organization for 18 months, what are we grooming him for? Deion Branch raves about Price in practice. Get his a** on the field and see what he's got!In Response to Re: Time for Price:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Price :
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

The Jets have demonstrated an ability to bottle-up Branch and Welker. They do that, in large part, with big physical CBs who disrupt the timing of our little guys.  Our little guys either don't have the strength to fight thru this, or they don't have the speed to get deep and make Jets CBs pay for the tight coverage.  Price could be the antidote for that - bigger, faster, stronger.  If he earns Revis covering him - great - Revis is not on somebody else. If he doesn't get Revis, safety help will be required. This turns into a numbers game in the Pats favor - who's left to cover Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.  Any time Jets cheat on Price's coverage, could be Price for 6.  With Branch, the penality for cheating is not so high, so they do it.  Add Ridley, match-up nightmare.  The Jets are designed to stop our small, quick, precision offense. We have to have another option.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yac Man Hernandez is the only piece of the puzzle needed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

With Julian walking around in a walking brace/boot, Price just may get his chance!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Price:
    [QUOTE]Jay, It just irks me when fans say things like , Taylor Price NEEDS to get on the field in place of Branch " when that is clearly not true. We have a great offense, perhaps the best in the league when the run game is involved. We don't need a guy because he was drafted in the 3rd round. We clearly took him as a developmental player and right now we have 5-6 guys who should without a doubt be in front of him. Saying we have 2 reliable play makers is wrong. With Hernandez we have 3 which really means we have 4 because Gronk cannot be doubled with Hernandez on the field. Considering most teams are lucky to have 1 go to/play making receiver, I would say we are in pretty good shape without needing Taylor Price to do anything. What we need to do is better utilize the run game, which will make this offense near unstoppable, we need to start sending extra rushers on 3rd down if we ever want to get off the field, and we need Bill Obrien to coach well in the playoffs. If these things happen I think we win our 4rth SB. We don't need Taylor Price.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]Does it really Irk you D00shbag. I said for a few reps. Let me guess you sit by your computer but never played past Pop Warner right Chump. You watch a game and think you know something just from observing. Knowledge comes from watching but knowing comes from playing. 1987 Rose Bowl Champs Arizona State. My roomate for 2 years was Eric Allen we still speak all the time. But I'm sure you know more than both of us about football. CHUMP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Taylor Price needs to get on the field in place of Branch, for a few reps. Branch has not made many receptions the last 2 games. Perfect game against the Jets ,for Price to start contributing. This is my thought....1st why does Taylor Price need to get on the field? Why in place of Branch, a guy who is constantly in the right place, right time? Branch has a td reception less then 48 hours ago. Why would the Jets be a perfect time to play a guy who has almost never played? Especially against a team with great CB's? The whole premise doesn't make sense to me, and honestly I'd rather have more Edelman, or Slater sightings then a guy who has never played. Need to limit mistakes and turnovers against an opportunistic defense, not risk a guy being in wrong place wrong time because he doesn't know the play book. Ridley was already 2nd on the depth chart for the power run game. Price is 7th for the passing game. 1.WW 2.Hernandez.....We will play Hernandez at receiver more then traditional TE. 3.Branch 4.Ocho 5.Edelman 6.Slater. Big difference in needing to get one involved over the other. Patriots don't need Price. They need a run game.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I was with you until you said this; "I'd rather have more Edelman, or Slater sightings then a guy who has never played" Why? You know what both Edelaman and Slater give you on offense which is bascially nothing! Not sure why everyone is still on Edelmans sack, in his career he had ONE good game (when Welker hurt his knee), and Slater is a non factor on offense. I agree taht Proce should see some snaps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Price : Does it really Irk you D00shbag. I said for a few reps. Let me guess you sit by your computer but never played past Pop Warner right Chump. You watch a game and think you know something just from observing. Knowledge comes from watching but knowing comes from playing. 1987 Rose Bowl Champs Arizona State. My roomate for 2 years was Eric Allen we still speak all the time. But I'm sure you know more than both of us about football. CHUMP
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I was town kick ball champion like 6 times. Im happy for you and your football accomplishments, but I'm surprised given your resume you don't want Branch in the game after his continued success with Brady. Ask Eric Allen who he thinks Brady would rather have in there, Branch or Price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I have to think that if Price could stay healthy, AND, here's the big catch we all know is true, Brady WANTED him on the field, he'd be seeing more playing time. I have to believe that Brady doesn't have faith in the kid yet. That's just a hunch, but it's been true in the past. If Brady doesn't have faith in your ability, you DON'T play, and if you DO manage to play, he won't throw to you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Not that it matters but just for shyts and giggles , Bedard had a pretty good article about Gronk and how much of a force he was blocking.  He went over the whole game and highlighted some things such as who did what, how many pressures were applied by each lineman, who got beat, etc

and when talking about the WR's, his exact words were , "Taylor Price in needed back to take some of Branch's snaps at the "Z" position because Branch is a non factor when asked to run deep routes.  Hence his lack of production as of late with Wes tearing up the slot.  Good teams will shorten the field on you w/out a deep threat and this is why going forward its important for him to be on the field, that and he is a 3rd rd pick in his 2nd year.

For the record, I still dont think we NEED him, but against certain defenses he would certainly help and make us harder to cover.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'd like to see what Price can do, however I like a healthy Hernandez and the chemistry with Branch more. Would be nice to see this young player contribute, maybe see if he can run the deep route like Slater (64 yrds). The most important aspect of this situation is that price must be 100% healthy. A huge pet peeve is when players come back early and  get injured. Like most on the board, I would like to see what he can do before playoff time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If he is worthy of playing time, BB will play him. That may be a clue as to how much he has been seen so far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]If he is worthy of playing time, BB will play him. That may be a clue as to how much he has been seen so far.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

This is what worries me....

are we getting excited over a player that has all the physical tools(C.Jackson) only to see him released in 3 years because he cant get on page w/Brady and only knows how to run slant routes. In last years season finale and in preseason this year, 90% of his catches have been slants.  Maybe he isnt a great route runner.

I hope he plays at some point or else I have to chalk it up to B.B. trying to find a diamond in the rough by taking an unkown guy w/no production in college and played in a pedestrian offense and hoping to be a genius instead of taking a more seasoned college player with production who wasnt so raw...smh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Price : This is what worries me.... are we getting excited over a player that has all the physical tools(C.Jackson) only to see him released in 3 years because he cant get on page w/Brady and only knows how to run slant routes. In last years season finale and in preseason this year, 90% of his catches have been slants.  Maybe he isnt a great route runner. I hope he plays at some point or else I have to chalk it up to B.B. trying to find a diamond in the rough by taking an unkown guy w/no production in college and played in a pedestrian offense and hoping to be a genius instead of taking a more seasoned college player with production who wasnt so raw...smh
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

If BB could run these college kids through 6 weeks of practice drills I have little doubt he would hit on about 90% of his draft picks. He knows exactly what he has once he can observe them in controlled conditions.  As it stands he's just a crap shooter like most everybody else on draft day. Very few have a great eye for talent with the limited information they have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

How bout just getting Vollmer healthy and back at RT?  This would allow them to use Solder as an extra blocking TE in short yardage/goalline situations. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Bad Scouting , IMO

B.B, cant go to all the schools and watch games during the year.  He gets handed a list and from there he can watch more film and bring them in and ask questions and maybe ask them to draw a few plays up, but its just not enough.  Chad was supposed to have aced the exams and said all the rigth things. So far as B.B. I know its a crapshoot, but I think when he has all these extra pics he takes players that he normally wouldnt since he has the extra pics he takes chances that really arent necesarry.  Besides his Speed, what could B.B. have taken off of film from a guy who played in a high school type run based offense?

Why not atleast give yourself more of a chance by taking someone you have film on and can see him doing things you project him to do here. I think Price can play, but like B.B. sais, if we trust them we put em out there. 

My gripe is that in the 3rd round in the area that we picked, there were players like J.Shipley, E.Decker, E.Sanders, B.Lafell

All 4 of those guys produced in their rookie years and are making big impacts this year on their teams

What about players drafted after Price?

In the 4th round there was J.Ford( we should know him) and M.Williams the star in Tampa Bay who had a fantastic rookie campaign.

Even Antonio Brown in the 6th.

So my point is, why not shorten the learning curve and go with any of those other guys who had college resumes??

Only thing I can think of is B.B. is trying to look like a genius or Price is Bill's long lost son...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]I think it is more important for Hernandez to be on the field Sunday than Price. With Hernandez out there it creates match up issues for the Jets and puts pressure on their secondary.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

Hernadez and Welker are the biggest mismatches they have on offense. Not having Hernandez hurt them bigtime last year in the playoff game against the Jets. Double tight end set is an automatic mismatch for either Gronk or Hernandez in the passing game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Time for Price:
    [QUOTE]Taylor Price needs to get on the field in place of Branch, for a few reps. Branch has not made many receptions the last 2 games. Perfect game against the Jets ,for Price to start contributing. 

I agree Price needs to get out there. But I disagree about bagging on Branch. NE's single back package (their second most used offense after 2TE) would look great with Branch, Welker, Hern/Gronk, and Price ... if Price can make the leap.

Only one way to find out ....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Price : Yeah, well I was town kick ball champion like 6 times. Im happy for you and your football accomplishments, but I'm surprised given your resume you don't want Branch in the game after his continued success with Brady. Ask Eric Allen who he thinks Brady would rather have in there, Branch or Price.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]First off I apologize for being a jerk to you Champ. I did speak with Eric last night and he obviously likes Branch, even though he has lost  a step. I am not looking to take Branch out of the game for an extended period at all. Let me be clear. He can take some of Chads reps also.Price has played well when given the Opportunity. Last year against Miami and this preseason he has shown some promise. I was only talking about 5 or 6 plays so that he can get used to playing with Brady. What happens if Branch gets hurt like he ussually has during his career. Game 5 let's not waste another year for Price. That's all. Bill Parcells also feels like Price will help the Pats. I just want the most Talent on the field. Reason i brought up the jets game is because the Pats got shut down in the Playoff loss with Branch and Welker. Price can give us that deep threat. PEACE BROTHER

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Price : First off I apologize for being a jerk to you Champ. I did speak with Eric last night and he obviously likes Branch, even though he has lost  a step. I am not looking to take Branch out of the game for an extended period at all. Let me be clear. He can take some of Chads reps also.Price has played well when given the Opportunity. Last year against Miami and this preseason he has shown some promise. I was only talking about 5 or 6 plays so that he can get used to playing with Brady. What happens if Branch gets hurt like he ussually has during his career. Game 5 let's not waste another year for Price. That's all. Bill Parcells also feels like Price will help the Pats. I just want the most Talent on the field. Reason i brought up the jets game is because the Pats got shut down in the Playoff loss with Branch and Welker. Price can give us that deep threat. PEACE BROTHER

No need broseph, I was being a dooooshh. Might have had something to do with the mid afternoon patron shots. I hope Price plays a few snaps and catches a 60 yard td in Revis's eyeball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Time for Price : I agree Price needs to get out there. But I disagree about bagging on Branch. NE's single back package (their second most used offense after 2TE) would look great with Branch, Welker, Hern/Gronk, and Price ... if Price can make the leap. Only one way to find out ....
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

i'm saying the same thing since pre-season.
    i got wore out saying it (2 or 3 times is enough for me)
    thanks for continuing the crusade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Here's to hoping #81 is good to go this weekend..: )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Price won't get on the field until he takes the reps away from someone. So far, he has not been able to force his way in. To me, it says a lot that he has been here for 20 games, and is still unable to get on the field.
    Would have thought if he did see any reps, it would have been against a weak Raider back defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The #1 passing team in the league is desperate for more pass catchers... lol

Branch is still one of the best slot receivers in the league, opposing teams must pick their poison in the slot, Welker or Branch.  When Branch does well, Welker doesn't, and vice versa... coincedence?

Now if you said Price over Chad Johnson I might agree but that would mean we've thrown in the towel on the Ocho experiment, in which case we should cut him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Efff it!  Trade Him!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I'ver been waiting for Price to show up in a regular season game for two years.  I think he's got real talent.  It's been like waiting for Godot.  If he plays I hope he has a big game and then I hope he can stay healthy, otherwise back to feeling like I'm watching a play in the theatre of the absurd. BTW, he doesn't have to replace Branch or anybody else he just needs to be another option and if he plays, he will be an option the YETS know little about.  He certainly is not on their fan's radar.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

You are severe!