Time for Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Time for Price

Price has returned to practice at full speed.  Look for him to be an option in the passing game, the X factor.

It would be nice if Hernandez could come back too but he's not practicing and my assumption is he won't be available.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hernandez returned to practice today. Lets hope he suits up for Sunday. He was a missing key ingredient in our loss to the Jets in the playoffs last year. He creates a lot of action for himself and others.

Big sigh on our WR situation....But again, this is the MO it seems on 3rd rounders for us. Draft them, don't let them play, keep them for 2+ years, then send them packing.

I don't know what it will take to get Price on the field. I would imagine there has to be a package or two where we go 4 wide, and Price is one of those guys, maybe taking over for Slater, and leaving Hernandez out for a snap or two.

THe mere fact Slater has got on the field before Price says something to me. maybe it was becuase Price was hurt...but if it wasn't, that worries me. Edelman out this week, maybe in multiple receiver sets we see some Price.

Here's another chance for him...He seems on paper at least, to be our best blocking WR. Bigger/stronger than Branch, Wes, Ocho. Could he come on as a receiver when we run, or at least "appear to run".

Look, there is not shortage of ways to use him without taking significant reps from Ocho, Wes or Branch. Hopefully this week is the one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

thats what strange is we are obviously a 2 TE team right now and it suits us well with our matchups, but why have only 2 te's on your roster when you run a lot of double tight end sets, yet you are carrying 6 WR's and barely run any 4 wide sets anymore..

very puzzling.  I guess we have to account for injuries to the wideouts, but I dont like being that thin at TE either.  Ideally you would think Price could play over Slater and if not....I think its P.K. Sam part II   lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Price:
    [QUOTE]thats what strange is we are obviously a 2 TE team right now and it suits us well with our matchups, but why have only 2 te's on your roster when you run a lot of double tight end sets,Because in our system it takes 2 great TE's to work and not a JAG. Without AH, it is better to use the talent we have at the receiver postion yet you are carrying 6 WR's and barely run any 4 wide sets anymore.. very puzzling.  I guess we have to account for injuries to the wideouts, but I dont like being that thin at TE either.  Ideally you would think Price could play over Slater and if not....I think its P.K. Sam part II   lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Without AH I'd rather use a 3 rec set with WW in slot, Chad, Branch or Price, with Ridley or Benny in the back field.  To me this is the best offense we have as we can run out of that formation or throw to 4 talented options(Gronk is 4rth). The threat of a power run game is what will make this offense unpredictable in the 2nd halves of games, which is something we have not been for a few years.

Chad     WW             Gronk    Branch/Price

Brady

Ridley/Benny

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I'll have to disagree .

If Hern is healthy our best line up is 2 TE, 2 WR and one back

Matchup nightmare that keeps base defense on the field and our TE's will beat any linebacker

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Hernandez returned to practice today. Lets hope he suits up for Sunday. He was a missing key ingredient in our loss to the Jets in the playoffs last year. He creates a lot of action for himself and others. Big sigh on our WR situation....But again, this is the MO it seems on 3rd rounders for us. Draft them, don't let them play, keep them for 2+ years, then send them packing. I don't know what it will take to get Price on the field. I would imagine there has to be a package or two where we go 4 wide, and Price is one of those guys, maybe taking over for Slater, and leaving Hernandez out for a snap or two. THe mere fact Slater has got on the field before Price says something to me. maybe it was becuase Price was hurt...but if it wasn't, that worries me. Edelman out this week, maybe in multiple receiver sets we see some Price. Here's another chance for him...He seems on paper at least, to be our best blocking WR. Bigger/stronger than Branch, Wes, Ocho. Could he come on as a receiver when we run, or at least "appear to run". Look, there is not shortage of ways to use him without taking significant reps from Ocho, Wes or Branch. Hopefully this week is the one.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Obviuosly I agree on Hernandez, he's a great threat to have and really is developing into a dynamic weapon. I worry about him as far as being a durable player, he missed some time last year and this year it didn't even look like he did a thing to his leg and it was a sprained mcl. He looks a bit stiff, but at 6'2" 245, I guess that's to be expected. I tell you though we are hard to beat with this guy in the lineup, you can't account for him and Gronk together.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I feel very strongly that this thread should have been named "The Price is right".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I'll have to disagree . If Hern is healthy our best line up is 2 TE, 2 WR and one back Matchup nightmare that keeps base defense on the field and our TE's will beat any linebacker
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I said without AH in the line up. With him healthy you have to have Gronk in there with WW, and whoever. A power back behind them. Woody,Faulk or Vareen as a 3rd down back and we role the rest of this season. Way too many options with the 2 TE's healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well they atleast let him talk this week so thats a good sign and with Edleman out, I would have to think atleast he gets in on punt returns. Could be a big factor.  His breif intv'w is below

Price said he is nearly 100 percent after sitting out with a hamstring injury. Hemay have even more value for the Patriots this week if WR/returner Julian Edelman is unable to play due to an ankle injury.

If Edelman is out, Price is a likely candidate to fill in on returns.

Wherever the Patriots need him, Price said he is ready to go.

"I feel good," Price said. "I feel almost 100 percent. I've had a good week of practice and a good week of preparation and I look forward to being able to get out there on Sunday and getting at it."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd love to see what the guy can do, lord knows he's got 4.3 speed - good size and quickness. A guy like this could be the deep threat we need and more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

A faster, slimmer david givens....  maybe even comparable to Miles Austin. I dont mind if he is not a big part of the offense this year....but put him in for punts and going forward if this dude isnt putting up numbers by 2013, I think our system is too tough...no way this guy shouldnt succeed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think Miles Austin is a good comparison. He looks strong and quick. He is well built, almost like a taller RB.