Time for the Pats To Get It Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]
    That's right Tex, we were all about the superstars back in the day. It was all Willie, Law and Seymour in those three Super Bowls. Couldn't have won any without any one of them. What we need is some more super stars. But in order to get that, I think we need to get rid of Bob Kraft and bring in Jerry Jones as our owner, what do you say?[/Quote]

Mighty One:

So, I take it by your obvious sarcasm that you disagree that the Pats defense was built around Ty Law, Seymour, and McGinest? Yes...I doubt that the Pats would have beaten the Rams in SB36 without any of these three guys.

BB has done a great job filling in around these three through free agency and 2nd-4thh round draft picks. But now, McGinest and Law are gone...and Seymour, primarily due to injuries, is not the player he once was. Other chief components, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Rosevvelt Colvin, and Mike Vrabel, have been slowed considerably by age. Are you willing to wait two more years for guys like Crable, Guyton, and Meriweather to blossom? Or, do the Pats go out and get an impact defender, like Jarod Mayo?

If the Pats are fortunate enough to get the 2009 3rd overall pick as part of a Cassel trade, whats' wrong with that? Nothing says that the Pats have to use the pick, and pay the big money required for that slot. Just like they did last year, they could trade down a few spots, and still get a guy like Rey Maualuga, at anywhere from pick 8-12.

You wouldn't welcome that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    That's right Tex, we were all about the superstars back in the day. It was all Willie, Law and Seymour in those three Super Bowls. Couldn't have won any without any one of them. What we need is some more super stars. But in order to get that, I think we need to get rid of Bob Kraft and bring in Jerry Jones as our owner, what do you say?[/Quote]

Mighty One:

So, I take it by your obvious sarcasm that you disagree that the Pats defense was built around Ty Law, Seymour, and McGinest? Yes...I doubt that the Pats would have beaten the Rams in SB36 without any of these three guys.

BB has done a great job filling in around these three through free agency and 2nd-4thh round draft picks. But now, McGinest and Law are gone...and Seymour, primarily due to injuries, is not the player he once was. Other chief components, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Rosevvelt Colvin, and Mike Vrabel, have been slowed considerably by age. Are you willing to wait two more years for guys like Crable, Guyton, and Meriweather to blossom? Or, do the Pats go out and get an impact defender, like Jarod Mayo?

If the Pats are fortunate enough to get the 2009 3rd overall pick as part of a Cassel trade, whats' wrong with that? Nothing says that the Pats have to use the pick, and pay the big money required for that slot. Just like they did last year, they could trade down a few spots, and still get a guy like Rey Maualuga, at anywhere from pick 8-12.

You wouldn't welcome that?

[/Quote]

My personal belief is that unless the pats have a qualified veteran back up that they know they can sign or firmly believe they can count on their 3rd stringer now ...(and by the way, Belichick may believe this because he may believe it is his system and management of players and game and not the player himself that creates success) then nothing is going to take place with Cassel before the draft unless an offer is too good to be true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

How many NFL games have Stafford or Sanchez won?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Matt Shoab was traded for a butt load of picks after starting two NFL football games I think that one example shows you just how much a team can get for even a decent QB. Everyone who is listing Cassels downside in order to make us think he is not worht what we think he is just needs to look at qwhat the Falcons got out of that deal for a back up QB who started two games. Cassel went 11-5 and yea he might have only shown he can beat bad teams but news flash moron half the teams in the NFL are bad teams so if you can win those games then thats a plus not a negitive for Cassel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I THINK EVEN IF WE ARE ABLE TO TRADE CASSEL (AND I THINK WE CAN), I feel we wont make any major splashes in the offseason......I think if we can hit on one or two guys via the draft i feel we can be right back in the mix next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea but if we trade Cassel we will free up cap spce so we can extend Wilfork and Mankins and possibly Seymore and all three of those guys gettign extended would be huge for this team way more so then having a good back up QB is worth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[/Quote]

My personal belief is that unless the pats have a qualified veteran back up that they know they can sign or firmly believe they can count on their 3rd stringer now ...(and by the way, Belichick may believe this because he may believe it is his system and management of players and game and not the player himself that creates success) then nothing is going to take place with Cassel before the draft unless an offer is too good to be true.[/Quote]

Agreed. Unless they receive an overwhelming offer, Cassel is going nowhere until the Pats are sure that Brady will be 100%.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea and thats not a good thing Tex, the Pats dont do things this way i have never seen Belichick handcuff him self the way he is right now if he tags cassel. In the long run the best thing we can do is tag and trade him i realize Brady might not be 100% right off the bat but we need to use the money to resign our guys like Mankins and Wilfork not so we can make sure we have a good back up QB. I am not saying your wrong i agree that Cassel will most likely be a Pat next season but that doesnt mean i think its the right move.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Tex, those three guys were good but by no means did the team revolve around them. First of all, we had a ton of good guys on the team -Bruschi, Phifer, Ted Johnson, Vrabel, Lawyer Milloy, so for you to say it was all about those three players is just wrong. We've never been about individual talent but about the team.

This team under BB has always been about depth. Becuase stars like Ty Law get injured and yet we still won the Super Bowl. So no, I'm not interested in getting a Top 5 pick and handicapping our salary cap, and I'm pretty sure BB isn't either. But if I'm wrong and we get a stud impact player on defense and our team revolves around him next season, then I owe you a coke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Bill Belichicks moto when he took over this team was "We are not about gathering talent we are about building a team"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]
    This team under BB has always been about depth. Becuase stars like Ty Law get injured and yet we still won the Super Bowl. So no, I'm not interested in getting a Top 5 pick and handicapping our salary cap, and I'm pretty sure BB isn't either. But if I'm wrong and we get a stud impact player on defense and our team revolves around him next season, then I owe you a coke.[/Quote]
    Mighty One:
    I don't care if the Pats build themselves around Pierre Woods, so long as they "get it done" in 2009!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Are you saying they should let Cassel go and use the franchise tag on Woods?