Time to bench Ocho?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

Time to bench Ocho?

Watching this continued mis-communication between Brady and Ocho, I wonder if it's time to replace him or even cut him from the roster altogether.

Not having a real threat on the outside has hurt the Patriots offense. Hopefully next week we'll see Taylor Price, but if he cannot play (hamstring), wouldn't you rather see Matthew Slater out there and Ocho?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Re: Time to bench Ocho?

In Response to Time to bench Ocho?:
    Watching this continued mis-communication between Brady and Ocho, I wonder if it's time to replace him or even cut him from the roster altogether. Not having a real threat on the outside has hurt the Patriots offense. Hopefully next week we'll see Taylor Price, but if he cannot play (hamstring), wouldn't you rather see Matthew Slater out there and Ocho?
    Posted by bertie-wooster2

Ocho is a waste of roster space..Taylor Price??? Sure, if you can ever get this guy on the field! Is he ever NOT hurt???

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Time to bench Ocho?:
    Sorry. Not saying he's been ggood or even solid, but Brady missed a wide open #85 in the end zone last night. Brady's been either average or below average now for 3 weeks. Just admit it, because this constant scapegoating makes you look foolish. Some of the best players ever go into funks, but what's maddening is we throw away half our playbook when the opponent's D isn't even good at stopping the run. Brady has simply got to be better.  Lashing out at Ochocinco because you don't get that when you pass 40+ times we lose, is not Ochocinco's fault. call better plays, don't abandon the run, stop making poor throws all the time. If he's hurt, then that's one thing.  I am not sure he is.  Hard to tell. If he was, wouldn't running it make more sense? If BJGE has turf toe, then let Ridley run with it for a while. Miami took NY to the hilt last week and it's only because they ran the ball on NY. Please explain why Bill O'Brien and Tom Brady, the two main offensive people here who either call in the plays or choose the plays, are in a shotgun in a low scoring game, where methodical playcalling is a benefit, not a detriment. It's SB 42 flashbacks, Jets playoff loss flashbacks, Buffalo, last week, etc. Why does every throw have to be a shotgun drop where he needs 10 seconds? I seriously concede games like this as losses once I see them veer away from the running game. I thought we were ok going into half, but then O'Brien got addicted to the spread/shotgun in the 3rd, which told NY, "here we come, it will be 60% pass from here on out". Why we continue to gamecall right into the opponent's strengths is beyond me.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

85 is Bad but we wouldn't even be talking about him if the rest of this offense did their job even close to par. I've said this a number of times- Brady makes 20 mil per because he is supposed to be god and be able to play good for 4 quarters. He didn't do that yesterday and he didn't do it against the Steelers and he didn't do it against Buffalo and he didn't do it against the Cowboys either but we pulled that game out. If Brady can't can't get it done for close to  4 quarters this team has no chance against quality opponents. I'm not cutting any other players any slack for their relative incompetence but Brady is the guy that needs to bail us out and make big plays. Otherwise this team is going nowhere.

He'll be back..He always does.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Time to bench Ocho? : I don't know. We squander so many points by not being able to use balance for 4 qtrs and I cannot figure out why they can't see it. The game should have been 14-0 at half, worst case 10-0, with us having the ball out of halftime. We just look pathetic generating, sustaining or finishing drives right now. Last week, it was the "Our D was awful" excuse, and this week, what is it? I am very concerned that Brady wants to be THE guy and will do anything to prove it.

We get the Jets next week on National TV. I can't imagine losing 3 in a row, especially in such an important game but our performance will speak volumes about our future this season.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Where's Price?  Read an article last week that said he was going to show up against the Giants.  I don't beleive I ever saw him in for even a single play and if he was, he certainly wasn't targeted.  I assume that the coaches know what they are doing but it seems a waste to not play this guy at some point.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

9 catches isn't good enough for you? People love to pretend that if Welker, Gronk or Hernandez got hurt the offense would actually be able to score. TE's have double the production of the outside receivers which is absolutely laughable. That's because the outside WR can't beat man coverage. When's the last time you saw Branch or Ocho run a curl? You know why. Teams don't give them a cushion because they are zero threat to beat them deep thus it's press man and they stink so they can't beat it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Brady isn't throwing with any accuracy.......WR's not getting separation..forcing it to Gronk......saw one direct snap to a RB that netted quite a few yards..they ran that play once........bad play calling/players not talented enough...which is it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's always someone else's fault in New England, isn't it. If you told me that the Giants were going to score 24 points, I'd say Pats roll 'em. The Giants got 10 points off Brady and Edelman, the defense only gave up about 14 points. Sadly, the 14 came up in the final quarter. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Time to bench Ocho? :   You assume Stinko would have caught it.  Brady also threw a perfect pass to the pylon and Stinko broke off his route. I know they want us to try and run and we do.  Which is what loser fans also want.  They were 3-1 when mostly running the spread.  Since stopping use of the spread they are 2-2. Which offense works better?
    Posted by dmpc

Brady also threw a pass directly to a Giants defender. Perhaps you were in the bedroom with your Brady doll and missed it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Time to bench Ocho? : You're blind as a bat. Brady threw over 40 times in that game against a team with a weak Run D. We had a 21-3 lead that ended up going to 21-10 because he rifled a bullet to Woodhead on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line. Explain why we aren't running the ball more if Buffalo can't stop the run. Brady threw 4 INTS, two while staring down Gronk and Welker, JUST LIKE LAST NIGHT.

dmpc obviously has man love for TB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Edleman is horrible He needs to go as well. We need someone GOOD who can return the punts. Anyone have any suggestions on who?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Watching this continued mis-communication between Brady and Ocho, I wonder if it's time to replace him or even cut him from the roster altogether. Not having a real threat on the outside has hurt the Patriots offense. Hopefully next week we'll see Taylor Price, but if he cannot play (hamstring), wouldn't you rather see Matthew Slater out there and Ocho?

You should change the title of this thread. Benching him would assume he starts now and he doesnt. Nothing is gonna change. Only thing is they targeted him a few times but he hasnt started all year.

Nothing new about Stinko

I posted about this last month...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

None of this matters as there will be no roster changes this season. Though I expect some lively discussions after it's over

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Time to bench Ocho? : Tell that to Jon Gruden.
    Posted by dmpc

Those are some great personel suggestions

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

%110 agree.  We need his spot for someone else.  Ocho cannot study the Patriots playing book.... It has been 9 weeks or more, he still has no clue about the route.  Waist 6 mil for this guy.

Sections
Shortcuts