Time to boycott Felger and 98.5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Time to boycott Felger and 98.5

He actually said he would take Eli (Manning) over Tom Brady!!!  at least piggy face fat boy Bertrand said he would take Rodgers.. I mean really  --

Felger is bashing Kraft  because it's reported that Waters isn't coming back because  of a dispute of salary.  He goes on and on about players pay and salary cap   .

and you think Bedard is bad?

o well gonna put my fm s on and go out!!!   Hey it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Time to boycott Felger and 98.5

Felger will whine about anything he thinks is a huge story. Him & maz at times have some good points, but other times you just want to punch him he's so annoying. What's most annoying is that he acts as if his view is the only way things should be. Definitely acts like a tool some days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

One of the most annoying people I've ever heard on the radio - just the sound of his voice makes me want to scream. I would probably throw Steve Deosie in the mix as well for being a total bully/punk/drunk...who's true colors really shined through after the Super Bowl. Has WEEI fired him yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I would probably throw Steve Deosie in the mix as well for being a total bully/punk/drunk...who's true colors really shined through after the Super Bowl. Has WEEI fired him yet?

Deossie was on New England Tailgate last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

the contrarian act is getting pretty old

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I would probably throw Steve Deosie in the mix as well for being a total bully/punk/drunk...who's true colors really shined through after the Super Bowl. Has WEEI fired him yet?

Deossie was on New England Tailgate last night.

You got to be kidding me?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

That's why he is a color commentator and probably can't even get out of where he is because no one would want him on a major network. The guy is a tool on his best days, otherwise he says the most stupid stuff, like this, just do people will say his name, like this post. I say let the guy go work for NY media if he like Eli so much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Who cares hes not from around here, so it doesnt really surprise me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

That statement shows total ignorance  ... Most ignorant people just gravitate toward a winner which (cough , gak, spit) Eli has managed to pull off. Their luck has rin out...

Starting Wednesday  night he's  eating those words.  The 9-7 Eli jints are now 0-1.  sweet ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Apparently he likes Eli's luck better than Tom's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

He actually said he would take Eli (Manning) over Tom Brady!!!  at least piggy face fat boy Bertrand said he would take Rodgers.. I mean really  --

Felger is bashing Kraft  because it's reported that Waters isn't coming back because  of a dispute of salary.  He goes on and on about players pay and salary cap   .

and you think Bedard is bad?

o well gonna put my fm s on and go out!!!   Hey it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a dope from Wisconsin, don't listen to anything felger says.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I happen to like Felger.  If it's his opinion on Eli then so be it.  It's just an opinion.  Everyone is entitled to one.  Doesn't mean he's right but whatever.  I agree with him on Waters though.  If it is true the Patriots wanted him to play for the veteran minimum when he is signed for 1.4 million it doesn't look good on the Patriots end.  Waters played every game last year at a pro bowl level and the team wants him to take a pay cut?  All the while the team is well under the cap.  Doesn't really sit well with me that they are doing this.   Again, I reiterate if this is true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Felger is a tool. I don't mind someone being contrarian but the problem w/ Felger is he just isn't very knowledgable about football.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to PatsNut5480's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I happen to like Felger.  If it's his opinion on Eli then so be it.  It's just an opinion.  Everyone is entitled to one.  Doesn't mean he's right but whatever.  I agree with him on Waters though.  If it is true the Patriots wanted him to play for the veteran minimum when he is signed for 1.4 million it doesn't look good on the Patriots end.  Waters played every game last year at a pro bowl level and the team wants him to take a pay cut?  All the while the team is well under the cap.  Doesn't really sit well with me that they are doing this.   Again, I reiterate if this is true.

See you're buying into what he said--what he didn't add was that he would be paid a per game amount that could add up to more than the 1.4 million.  I think they did the right thing probably because they don't know what he is going to do.  How many others players are allowed to skip trainng camp and be allowed to show up when they want to? 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2012/09/07/waters-wait-continues-for-patriots/uwmHBKqkbj4aOanu3BpMxM/story.html

Btw last week he was railing about paying players  too much money-so which is it Felger.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to PatsNut5480's comment:

What happens if you or I don't show up for work?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

Since I heard the rant against the Pats on 98.5 on 9/7 afternoon and again saw the jacka$$ Felger later on SportsCentral, I *have* boycotted both - more fans need to do this. These do-nothing-useless-foul-mouthed morons want to talk about something without getting the full information. They are a disgrace and are affecting all our sports teams.

Personally, I think the Pats are handling the Waters situation correctly:
    1. He has a contract and he needs to show up
    2. They gave him far more leeway than they even give our top talents (Brady, Vilfork etc) who too can do w/o the camp.
    3. If you read carefully, the change in contract that the Pats suggested, Waters would make *atleast* his guaranteed sum, but likely more, which depends on his playing the game. If I read correctly, that does not mean that Waters has to take the deal or take the highway. They were offering him a way to make more money that workd for him and them too.

Quite frankly I cannot believe that the Pats will nickel & dime someone like Waters whom they need, but I find it very easy to believe that if he is screwing around with them, then the Pats will pay him back in kind and then some. My guess is that the situation is nowhere near it; it is simply a battle of nerves. If the Pats hold up fine w/o Waters for couple of games (hopefully before the Ravens game), he will realize that taking the Pats offer with forgiveness of the fines is in his best interest. At this point, I think his bonus should be based on performance not just showig up.

BOYCOTT 98.5 & Felger!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to digger0862 comment:

We don't get paid and we get fired.  Waters isn't getting paid, so that's the same as for you and me.  He probably wants to get fired so he can go work for someone else closer to home, but the Pats won't do that. NFL players' situations aren't like yours or mine.  While they make large amounts of money, they also have very limited freedom to choose where they work.  No one's crying for them--it's a fair trade off that most people would gladly make.  But still, when a guy has an issue with his current team (over pay, working conditions, location, or whatever), he isn't free to get up and leave like most of us are.  And there are times when that lack of freedom can be a real problem for a player.  In Waters' case it apparently is.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

We would be fired but that would be OK with Waters at this point because the Texans would pick him up in a heartbeat. That would not be a good outcome for us. The bottom line is that we are trying to get an employee back to work who would rather retire or work nearer his home. Either we don't need him, in which case let the current impasse stay, making sure he plays for us or no one else. Or he is really needed to strengthen the O-line, in which case Bill needs to compromise and finds a way to bring him back.

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I agree that Felger is a complete idiot.  But why would anyone listen to him and Maz when you can listen to Holley and Ordway in the same time slot on WEEI?  That's a MUCH better show.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I beat you to it at least 3 years ago. People tune in just because he's on the radio. I don't see any merit in listening to someone that agrivates me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I watched this discussion live:

1) ELi over Brady. He said if he had 1 game to win right now, he would take Eli. He then pointed to two SBs of Brady v Eli as evidence. It pains me, but the reality is, it's hard to argue that point. Personally, I would still take Brady. But I'm a homer.

2) Waters money. He was basing everything he said off of ONE guy's report, and running with it totally. It was absolutely moronic. Most of what he said during this part didn't even make a lot of sense. He points out that they'd only save a ffew hundred grand when they already have 10mil in reserve, under the cap. Then he says they are doing it "because they can" THIS is what I took issue with. When have the Patriots ever done ANYTHING just because "they can"? Are they in the habit of pocjeting cap-space, and I'm simply unaware. I don't think so. THey spend to the cap just about every year, any money saved on one player is spent on another, or more than 1. Totally ignoarnt comments on his part. When listening to Felger talk football at times, you can't help but think "this guy sure does know hockey."

Deossie - Got canned from Channel 4's post game. That's something, at least. I get his son is on the team, but he went beyond that. He accepts a paycheck to talk sports in this town, not NY. He presents himself as a Pats fan, a local, a local business owner....well, act like it.

I like Felger, he goes with his opinion, no matter how unpopular. Sometimes I'd like to buy him a drink, others I wish someone would slap him...makes for good listening, no?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Who cares hes not from around here, so it doesnt really surprise me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He actually said he would take Eli (Manning) over Tom Brady!!!  at least piggy face fat boy Bertrand said he would take Rodgers.. I mean really  -- at least piggy face fat boy Bertrand said he would take Rodgers"

I don't like all the things Felger says but he is no dummy either. You didn't represent his views very well so just to explain what he said. 

He currently sees Brady as the best in the NFL (in terms of total career legacy), but behind Joe Monatana in the all time rankings. That's a defensible argument. 

In terms of current NFL QBs he ranks Brady third, ahead of Peyton, Brees, Big Ben and so on, but behind Rodgers (1) and Eli (2). 

His ranking is a postseason type of thing, not a week in week out thing, but "who would you want for all the marbles in one game?"

His argument for Rodgers is that he is more mobile than Brady (not disputable), has a better arm than Brady (I'd agree), and has similar intangibles. I'm not sure I agree, I'd rank Brady higher than Rodgers for this "one game on the line" criteria, but it's not a crazy position. 

Ranking Eli ahead of Brady with one game on the line is not unreasonable either given that Eli has outplayed Brady twice in Super Bowls. It's hardly a crazy position. I can understand why homer fans wouldn't like it. 

One thing about radio is there are four hours on his show to get into nuances, such as his view that Brady is 34 and not what he once was. Still great, not what he once was. Not quite a nimble with his one step pass rush manouver, maybe a bit more easily rattled in the pocket since before his knee injury (understandable). 

Felger did not say that the Patriots were not a championship level team, or that Brady can't win another Super Bowl. He believes both are true. 

I have a lot of problems with Felger but we can start by representing his views accurately, in this case I don't see anything outrageous about this. We had a poster the other day who said Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers were better than Eli Manning - that's far more outrageous than anything Felger is saying.

Felger is far from perfect, but far better than the morning blowhards Dennis and Callahan on WEEI. If you want to boycott anything boycott those tired hacks, they are such crusty angry old dudes heading into irrelevance.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Agreed Dennis and Callahan are just 2 wanna be Rush Bin Limbaughs ( I hope America fails ).
    Boston Sports media in general as a whole are all micro analysts. I used to like to listen to the "Whiner Line" at the end of the Big Show, the listeners have better comments in 5 minutes then the media does in 5 years,but thats it I can't even listen to sports talk radio anymore.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I happen to really like Michael Felger.  He doesn't buy much into the kool aid and calls things like he sees them (right or wrong).  So what if he didn't take Brady over Eli?  It's not like he kicked your dog.  And by the way...Eli has made some serious throws when he needs to...that man has some stones.  Brady has not for one reason or another over the last couple of years.  That pass to Welker was absolutely god awful...that's on Brady moreso than Welker.  Behind and above him?  Really?  His brain cramp in the endzone was just pure stupidity.  (This argument is neither here nor there for this thread...just my opinion). 

Brady is great...I love the guy, but I'm not going to pick him as the best everytime just because he's OUR qb.  Eli has led game winning drives in the SB a couple of times.  Ben Roethlesomethin (good pick Cowah!) actually threw a beauty of a winning TD pass in the SB.  Brady...has not...EVER.  Just keep that in mind before blindly attacking anyone who doesn't pick Brady as THE BEST guy to win a single game.

But back to Felger...he was the guy who was railing about getting Moss out of town much earlier than everyone else.  He's was leading the anti-Josh Beckett charge at least a year and change before anyone else picked up on it.  The few big player related issues among our local teams that have come up in the past couple years were picked up by him before anyone else was even thinking it.

As for WEEI...i really can't listen to the AM or PM shows.  It's like watching Fox News.  You're just astounded at the sheer stupidity coming out of their mouths (D&C mostly).  I do like Mut and Merloni show a bit more than 98.5's mid-day show...but it's really a push.  Michael Holley is good, but that buffoon he works with brings the whole show down.

• Sections
    Shortcuts