Time to Call Seau?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

Time to Call Seau?

With McKenzie out I think we need to do this.  He played very well at the end of last year and didn't get run over like Bruschi.  Seau/Bruschi/Guyton makes me feel a bit better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Time to Call Seau?

[QUOTE]With McKenzie out I think we need to do this.  He played very well at the end of last year and didn't get run over like Bruschi.  Seau/Bruschi/Guyton makes me feel a bit better.
    Posted by Fredfredfred[/QUOTE]

McKenzie is an OLB, Seau is an ILB.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

Mckenzie is an ILB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RPPotWNNSg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

While they're at it, maybe they could give Steve Nelson a call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

hysterical

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Mckenzie is an ILB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RPPotWNNSg
    Posted by Fredfredfred[/QUOTE]

You are correct....My bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I am with you Fred, and m10 Mckenzie was projected to play inside linebacker for the Pats not OLB. Seau is old but he would still add a very good body to the lineup. He wouldnt have to play most of the season just when he is needed. But then again I would resign Rodney Harrison in a heart beat so I dont mind signing old guys. I dont think age has much to do with the Patriots system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

He did look damn good at the end of last year as Bruschi was invisible.  I'll be that is what happens

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

If Eric Alexander is our option we are in trouble

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

We should not have cut Bo Ruud it is that simple but we did and he is gone now so a guy like Seau who knows the system is a good guy to bring in. Plus I want him to win a championship with the Pats so bad its not even funny. I mean the guy comes out of retirement and comes so close to winning his first and only super bowl and he loses to teh Giants, i just want to see him finish what he started and get that ring. I dont care how old he is. We have two young guys in Mayo and Guyton and two old guys in Bruschi and what would be Seau and i wouldnt see anything wrong with that. A little bit of both worlds, two youngsters and two savvy veterans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

I would say that the bye week is the time to call Seau. I would love to see him back but let some young guys get some early season work and bring Seau back for the end of the season so he is fresh when the games really count. One of the main reasons he retired was he couldn't finish a full season in 3 or 4 years in a row without getting injured. Bringing him in later in the season would lessen his injury risk and also give the Pats somemore time to evaluate the backend of the roster without cutting a guy they could potentially use later like Bo Ruud.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

That was one of the disappointing things about SB 42, guys like Seau, Moss, and AD were so close to getting a ring. But at least Junior did play in the SB once before. It was his rookie year, I believe, 94. But the Chargers lost to the 49ers when Steve Young set a new TD record for a SB with six (previously it was five for Montana), and they lost 49-26 (I love to remind Bolt and Homeless about SDs only trip to the big show). I think BB is keeping his number close, but we won't see him until mid season, at least. To fill in for an injury, or in case someone doesn't cut it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

good point, as long as tehy bring him in i dont care when it is as long as he is a pat when we win the f*cking thing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Seau is probably the last resort right now, if we do go after Seau, better it be late in the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]While they're at it, maybe they could give Steve Nelson a call.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Speed dial Ted Johnson......http://www.infobarrel.com/Media/The_Hulk_(2003)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Where does Tully Banta-Cain fit in all this? Will he play OLB or is he just a ST player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

I just hope BB doesn't pull a Monty Biesel here...some scrap heap special teamer to fill the hole..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

I too would like to have Seau on the team in mid to late season when there seems to be a shot at going to the SB. He will have fresh legs. I truly want to see him win a ring. He came in last season from retirement to help out at vet minimum and no shot at SB when there were a lot of Pats out from injuries. He showed loyalty to the organization and BB, and I like to see favor return in kind.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Guyton has a year under his belt at the position. I think McKenzie is a better long term prospect, but there was no guarantee that he would have beaten Guyton out anyhow in the short term.

Plus NE added Antonio Appleby who is a solid ILB prospect as well.

There are options. Unless you projected T.M. as the starter from day one and an impact player, this doesn't significantly hurt NE's defense this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

McKenzie played some ILB but was drafted as an OLB.  He can do both.  I think with his high energy though they pictured him as an OLB for them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

Appleby could be great and a Teddy Johnson type player to stuff the run.

The Good: A big, hulking inside linebacker with an ability to attack downhill and fill run lanes at the line of scrimmage. Possesses good length and the overall strength to take on linemen at the point of attack. Has good short-area quickness and footwork, knows how to slip blocks or quickly redirect in space. Is a powerful wrap-up tackler who consistently drives his body through contact and delivers a violent hit.
    The Bad: Consistently holds the point of attack but struggles shedding blocks and making plays on the ball once he gets engaged. Isn’t real fluid or smooth in coverage, and it takes him a while to get up to speed. Doesn’t make many plays outside the tackles

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

Appleby:

The Good: A big, hulking inside linebacker with an ability to attack downhill and fill run lanes at the line of scrimmage. Possesses good length and the overall strength to take on linemen at the point of attack. Has good short-area quickness and footwork, knows how to slip blocks or quickly redirect in space. Is a powerful wrap-up tackler who consistently drives his body through contact and delivers a violent hit.
    The Bad: Consistently holds the point of attack but struggles shedding blocks and making plays on the ball once he gets engaged. Isn’t real fluid or smooth in coverage, and it takes him a while to get up to speed. Doesn’t make many plays outside the tackles

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]McKenzie played some ILB but was drafted as an OLB.  He can do both.  I think with his high energy though they pictured him as an OLB for them.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

I though that I read that somewhere.....thanks for the back-up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

[QUOTE]Where does Tully Banta-Cain fit in all this? Will he play OLB or is he just a ST player.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

I think we're going to see TBC play outside linebacker in some sort of rotation with Pierre Woods.

When I saw the injury reported yesterday the first thing that popped into my mind was "how long until we call Seau?"  I like the idea of waiting until midseason, but I don't think they are going to have that luxury.  It will really depend on how good guys like Woods, Crable, and Guyton turn out to be. I'm not expecting much despite positive reports.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You thought wrong, McKenzie was drafted to play inside linebacker. If you just read the report on his injury it clearly says that he was projected to compete for a spot at inside backer not OLB. Yes he can play both but thats not why they drafted him.

Sections
Shortcuts