Time to cut Edelman.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Time to cut Edelman.

The dude gets limited playing time and when given the opportunity he has Dropped a TD Pass and Whiffed on a TD pass the last 2 ball thrown his way.  If I were a betting man I'd say Brady won't throw to him anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Time to cut Edelman.

yeah i thought the same thing, he has failed at every opportunity given to him. He should have had that TD pass by Brady, he doesn't have the hands like Welker does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

He played well when Welker was out..... Brady has alot more opitons now.
    Knock on wood........head. :)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

he gets one target per game. he's was often a third and even an active second on many occasions. he'll b fine esp with more reps. he's too valuable on the team, plays great special teams and so on.. plus is the bakup running back..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

OK, all you Joe Studs. Here's what we'll do..... we'll run you on a slant and have Tom Terrific throw what amounts to a 100 MPH fastball UP AND AWAY from you, from 5 yards away, and expect you to catch it.

Love you "bandies"... want to cut/drop/trade/shoot, execute/ (fill in your own word meaning "finality in a Pats uniform"). Brady puts a little "touch" on that ball, and brings it down to a reasonable catchable level, and I'd bet Edelman catches it. 

But, let's not blame Tom Terrific, now....... After all, he DID throw the ball..... 

If we used all you "bandies" logic, the Pats would be playing out the string looking to draft their own player in a 10-15 slot.

2007 ruined all you "bandies", as now you EXPECT perfection on every play during every game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Stupid thread.   Always with someone who needs a player to blame.  I don't get it.

Hernandez blocks him, so you tip your hat to Hernandez. He's still their 4th WR, which is the Gaffney role.

Mark my words: they'll need him.

I find it amazing how some Pats fans look for a player scapegoat, really, for no reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It's his fault he's the #4 receiver on a team that just changed its offensive scheme to feature the TE?  Is he better than Welker, Branch or Tate?  Probably not.  I expected him to get a little more involved in the offense as part of the "replace Faulk" solution, but Woodhead has proved to be more than a competent fill in.  

I can't see what he needs to be made into some kind of scapegoat here.  Like Meriweather on D, I guess Edelman is now persona non grata.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I think this could be fair enough, not because of mistakes though. Just because he's becoming surplus to requirements. Although extra depth is always good. I duno it's rotten to cut or trade a good player but he's being used in a maximum of 5 plays a game and he's taking a roster spot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Time to cut Edelman.:
    [QUOTE]Stupid thread.   Always with someone who needs a player to blame.  I don't ge it. Hernandez blocks him, so you tip your hat to Hernandez. He's still their 4th WR, which is the Gaffney role. Mark my words: they'll need him. I find it amazing how some Pats fans look for a player scapegoat, really, for no reason.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I'm saddened by your poor comprehension Rusty.  I'm not blaming anyone for anything.  We won the game.  IMO you can't keep a 7th round pick who can't hold onto a TD pass.  Roster spots are to valuable and we already are using one on a WR with POTENTIAL.  I think it's unwise to use two spots.  That's my opinion Rusty sorry to have insulted you.  Then again don't get to worked up by my stupid thread, I'm not the coach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Well if Price ever shows anything and can get on the active roster you would have to think that Edelman would be the odd man out.  How bad must price be that Edelman cant do anything but is still active while Price is not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]he gets one target per game. he's was often a third and even an active second on many occasions. he'll b fine esp with more reps. he's too valuable on the team, plays great special teams and so on.. plus is the bakup running back..
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Love the Avatar K-C, I give it 4 Woodheads.

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Well if Price ever shows anything and can get on the active roster you would have to think that Edelman would be the odd man out.  How bad must price be that Edelman cant do anything but is still active while Price is not.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

why can people not be critical on these boards, everyone seems to know what the other person is trying to say. We all have different ways we support and critique the Pats. But lets be real Edelman has had his chances and he can not prove he deserves a spot on the field. I never said or agreed he should be cut, but for now he isn't doing much to help or show his value to this team. Maybe he will get a shot sometime this year, who knows.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I like him, and he can be a qb when needed.  Has value.  Keep him, bill!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]why can people not be critical on these boards, everyone seems to know what the other person is trying to say. We all have different ways we support and critique the Pats. But lets be real Edelman has had his chances and he can not prove he deserves a spot on the field. I never said or agreed he should be cut, but for now he isn't doing much to help or show his value to this team. Maybe he will get a shot sometime this year, who knows.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

He hasn't been on the field!!!

How hard is this? The guy is targeted once all year and people are this tight about it?

Holy christ.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Good thing you're not a coach and BB is. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to cut Edelman. : I'm saddened by your poor comprehension Rusty.  I'm not blaming anyone for anything.  We won the game.  IMO you can't keep a 7th round pick who can't hold onto a TD pass.  Roster spots are to valuable and we already are using one on a WR with POTENTIAL.  I think it's unwise to use two spots.  That's my opinion Rusty sorry to have insulted you.  Then again don't get to worked up by my stupid thread, I'm not the coach.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Dude, he's the 3rd QB. He's the punt returner. He's the 4th WR.

WAKE UP.

If Hernandez was not challenging for off rookie of the year, Edelman would be on the field.

My reading comprehension is faneffentastic. Trust me.

You're irrational with the premise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]OK, all you Joe Studs. Here's what we'll do..... we'll run you on a slant and have Tom Terrific throw what amounts to a 100 MPH fastball UP AND AWAY from you, from 5 yards away, and expect you to catch it. Love you "bandies"... want to cut/drop/trade/shoot, execute/ (fill in your own word meaning "finality in a Pats uniform"). Brady puts a little "touch" on that ball, and brings it down to a reasonable catchable level, and I'd bet Edelman catches it.  But, let's not blame Tom Terrific, now....... After all, he DID throw the ball.....  If we used all you "bandies" logic, the Pats would be playing out the string looking to draft their own player in a 10-15 slot.   2007 ruined all you "bandies", as now you EXPECT perfection on every play during every game.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

While I am not in line with the folks calling for Edelman/s dismissal, I will point out that catching a football from TB is part of his job description and not anyone else on this board. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

It's great that someone with Edelman's abilities is unable to get many snaps.  It reflects on the depth of the Pats talent.  I'd cut him only if I had someone better to replace him.  Don't see that person around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to cut Edelman. : He hasn't been on the field!!! How hard is this? The guy is targeted once all year and people are this tight about it? Holy christ.

Rusty your kinda making peoples point.  Your right he hasnt been on the field alot and that is most likely because he is not showing enough in practice to warrant it.  He seems to be slipping further and further down the deep chart each week.

Compare him to Woody.  When he first got here he only got a few plays as well, but he made the most out of those plays and got more and more.  Edelman you are right only gets in there for a few plays, but unlike Woody, he is not taking advantage of them.  Hence peoples growing dissatisfaction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

He just needs to focus!!!!!!!!! I bet thats what Brady was most pissed about. Everyone else was on the same page except Edelman

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not making anyone's point. It's unrealistic to expect a guy who has barely been involved in gameplans, if at all, due to Hernandez's ascension as a slot guy, to be great.

That was a pea thrown by Brady a little up, and out, and he didn't get it.

I'll say this again and feel free to call me on it: Edelman will help this team win 1 or  more games this year.

This is a classic case of a knee jerk for no reason other than to knee jerk.

Do any of you realize how spoiled we are? We are complaining about a drop on a frozen rope by the 4th WR.

My god.

Also, Woodhead is constantly involved in the game, Edelman is not.

Terrible correlation.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]I am not making anyone's point. It's unrealistic to expect a guy who has barely been involved in gameplans, if at all, due to Hernandez's ascension as a slot guy, to be great. That was a pea thrown by Brady a little up, and out, and he didn't get it. I'll say this again and feel free to call me on it: Edelman will help this team win 1 or  more games this year. This is a classic case of a knee jerk for no reason other than to knee jerk. Do any of you realize how spoiled we are? We are complaining about a drop on a frozen rope by the 4th WR. My god. Also, Woodhead is constantly involved in the game, Edelman is not. Terrible correlation.  

If you comprehended the OP you would of learned he has dropped 2 sure TD passes now.  The last one hit him in the #'s.  The Dude is on the bubble.

Keep up the good work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He did what now?

What did Welker do last week when he dropped a sure 1st down, wide open?

Or Hernandez in OT against Balt?

Your troll work is pathetic.

Sections
Shortcuts