time to dial up any talented receivers in the free agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

time to dial up any talented receivers in the free agency

with out welker the pats may be one and done.moss got double teamed that would free up welker.and the rest of the receiving corp is not that great.I would even welcome toomer or harrison.some may say it would be to late to bring any of these guys in,or they are washed up.I say it will be done if they dont.any good veteran talent outside moss will be better then what they have now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: time to dial up any talented receivers in the free agency

I agree if they dont get a talented player in they could be finished.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I know it doesn't look good, but, I'd love to throw these two quotes in your faces as the Pats advance in the playoffs.  I am just glad the Patriots players don't react like the "sky is falling" when a player gets injured.  There are 53 members on the field and they ALL feel they can contribute and don't feel ONE player is the only player that makess the team tick, and I emphasize TEAM!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I would agree with you,if they had other players that stepped up and play besides moss and welker,but the reality is they havent yet.we all have seen there struggles this season when both of these receivers were taken out of the game by defenders.at least when moss got double teamed he freed up a talented receiver in welker.well now there isnt a talented no.2 receiver.so now defenders will take away moss,and force brady to throw to the non threating receivers.te,s are mainly used for pass blocking against the better pass rushing teams,and in the playoffs they will be needed to do the same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

moss.. you know what may be real good here, if you can call it good, it appears with a healthy Taylor and Morris back, the running game may kick into high grear and frfee up the passing for the team.  I recall when Edelman stepped in for Welker early in the season, lots of folks here thought he was a Welker clone.  I think Brady will find his targets.  This team has done more with less all the time! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I hope so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Good luck on finding a WR ready to play in the playoffs. I hear some guy name Galloway is available...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Julian Edelman 10 catches for 103 yards. MossEffect sometimes I wonder what game and players you are watching.

A converted QB to WR ROOKIE has 37 catches on the season didn't play in 5 games with a broken arm. PLayed the reamiander after the injury with some sort of cast looking thing on his arm and playing ONLY sparingly in other games due to being behind Wes Welker on the depth chart.

Yeah he really stinks and has no talent as you say of all the other receivers except Moss and Welker. Seriously?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Gee IQ-I posted this shortly after welker was injured,and before edelman had a good game.edelman has had a few good games,but you know what.its just a few.he is no welker,or will be.at least not this year.the diffrence between him and welker is consistency.edelman hasnt had it.not to mention the pats also will need a third option receiver.the pats have had moss and welker.that has been it all year long.now you throw in a rookie qb/wr,and the fourth stringer aiken in the playoffs with tons of pressure.defenses will take away moss and force the edelmans and aikens to beat them.nothing wrong with haveing optimisim,and nothing wrong with standing behind the team.I do.always have,and you will never hear me hate on them,but my confidence just dropped with the loss of welker.our running game is good but not great.now they will have to be great in the playoffs.i hope they do.i watch the games as everyone else,but no way do i beleive the edelmans or aikens will save the pats.maybe the faulks.maybe the running game.brady will be pressured a lot from this point on.with his injuries and all.he will need max protection.which means the te,s will be taken away.this is where you need the better experienced receivers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: is it time to dial up any talented receivers in the free agency?

brady2moss-its more like why didnt we keep gaffney.14 rec for 213yrds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: is it time to dial up any talented receivers in the free agency?

actually if moss is taken out of the game.edelman would be the no.1 receiver,and aiken the no.2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Brady2Moss07, you were kidding about galloway but that might be just crazy enough to work

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I think at this point the only thing we can do is go with what we have. There is no one in free agency who would contribute anything and even Galloway signed with someone a week or two ago I thought, not that I would even want him back.
    If they're going to win in the playoffs, their running game is going to have to step up and guys like Watson, Baker, Aiken, Edelman, and Faulk are going to have to get open.

It's the playoffs....I look for guys like Brady and Moss to step it up a notch. The toughest defense they're going to have to face is going to be at home in Foxboro.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Re: is it time to dial up any talented receivers that are left in the free agency?

Actually Gallowy could work. He's now had a few months to learn the playbook...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: is it time to dial up any talented receivers that are left in the free agency?

Im sorry , but Galloway IMHO, is all on pats. How many deep balls did he drop? How many go routs did he mess up? NONE. This team expected him to be jab. gaf. , 3rd down threat, thats their fault, not Galloways. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but hey its mine. I dont think they gave it enough time, the O just had their best game last week, and people were killin' him in the 3rd week. To be a rec. in this system you kinda have to have a lil' QB in U. Alla Jul's Ed. Cant think of any rec's out there worth taking a shot w/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Here's what the Pats have on the practice squad:  Darnell Jenkins. 

Jenkins isn't as fast as Edelman's 3.91 in the short shuttle (lateral acceleration), not as good as Wes Welker's 4.02 either, but he's at least better than the average WR at 4.15, so he can sometimes get open.  He's been catching practice squad balls somewhere for 2 years so he probably will know how to run routes as of next weekend.  The problem is, he was just signed on December 9.  BB will have to keep it simple for him if the Pats ever use him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

here is whats left.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&yr=2009&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=16

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Not even worth disscussing, theirs no-one in F/A that can help. I hate cliches, but it is what it is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

we could always bring back reche caldwell,or david patten.they are available.just not on this list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Moss allow me to re-quote yourself for you "the rest of the receiving corp is not good at all.I would even welcome toomer or harrison" AND "any talent outside moss will be better then what they have now".

I do not know you sir so I can only go by what you write. IF you mean what you indeed write then sorry but you are absolutely out of your mind, with all due respect still possible.

Everyone's optimism and emotion sunk when Welk got hurt. We all know how important he and moss are to the offense but what does that have to do with what I quoted above? I don't think it has any evaluation on Edelman's ability. I also never said he was welker or moss but to say he is, and to quote you again, "not good at all". Sorry, laughable.

Please spare me on the Gaffney post. I like him wish we had him but not sure he's much better than what we have. Yep Gaff had a nice game today since he "had" to be the man because no Brandon Marshall. But what did he have before today?

Gaffney 40 receptions in 15 games - Veteran Pro... 4th yr in the same off. system
    Edelman 37 receptions in 11 games - rookie QB/WR 1st yr in new off. system

Gaff ended with 54 receptions in 16 games, nice season for him
    Let's just give Edelman a measly 2 catches a game in the 5 games he was out injured... that gives him 47, not huge difference for Gaffney.

So let me understand you, you think Edelman is "not good at all" but you are pining for Gaffney? Is that about right?

I'm trying Moss but I just can't get there on the same page with you sir. I don't see how one is "not good at all" and the other you long for when their stats for the season are arguably favorable to each other.

Both players numbers would probably be better if they were targeted more but they aren't because they have 2 better receivers in front of them.

Orton throws to Marshall and Royal first and Brady throws to Moss and Welker first. How do you blame Edelman for consistency problems when Brady's throwing most time to AND sometimes forcing it to Moss and Welker?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

sorry Low IQ-but if you are gonna bank on a rookie wr/qb.sorry got to laugh there. yes i would take gaffney right now over edelman.gaffney is a good veteran receiver,and was a solid no.3 receiver with the pats.now when teams take moss out of the game,and now they will.it forces edelman to be the no,1 receiver,and aiken the no.2.so no way i have faith in that right now.im not saying edelman wont be great one day.its just that he wont be the pats savior this year,not that i dont wish.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

They actually had this guy that was pretty talented in the begining of the season but they let him go and he signed with someone else.

What was his name????????????????

Oh yeah, it was Terrence Nunn.  Im sure he could be pretty useful right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

I guess Low IQ means you know nothing of football.edelman has a few good games and you think he is gonna be like welker in the playoffs?yes he has talent,but cant put him as great just yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

yeah when you actually think about it, thats pretty bad.  NE's only hope rests on 2 WR that were college QB's and a lifetime special teamer.  Granted, Edelman will turn out to be a good WR in the NFL, but thats alot to ask for a rookie QB.  I mean a rookie WR.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

doesn't matter now. there will never be another welker. He cannot be replaced. Maybe a replacement for him...but not truly replaced. Wes am praying for you. All I could see was tom and his situation before me when I saw Wes get hurt like that. This is just heartbreaking for the team and only one week after they won the division too. :(

Sections
Shortcuts