time to dial up any talented receivers in the free agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: time to dial up any talented receivers in the free agency

Moss your thread wasn't started about banking on anyone in particular it was that they do not have any good receivers on the roster.

You can try and change the argument if you wish that's fine, not looking for a fight and never said Edelman or anyone in particular would save the day or season or to bank it.

Simply called you out on saying they had no good receivers. No biggie.

I also still think you were off your rocker about Toomer or Harrison but not sure if you were even serious about that because it was so crazy. They have three or four days practice most likely before they play the ravens and you expect a WR to come in , learn the playbook, get even the slightest chemistry with Brady and be better at executing a play then what they have on the roster? Especially a guy who only played in one system his whole career?

At least when you mentioned guys who played in the system before it was a little more plausible, if very unlikely.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

There is still alot of decent recievers left.  There is a link on the first page.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Bring in MATT JONES, sure the guy is a crackhead BUT were in the playoffs and this is probably his dream.  hes a gigantic 6'5 reciever [who was a college QB, just like our WR now] and he could definately help us out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

OR SOMEONE FROM THE UFL, its worth it

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Edelman will fill the bill better than anyone who is available. He is a young Welker clone. The position he played in college means nothing anymore. Edelman has been playing receiver in New England's scheme for a full year, and done a good job when he was needed.
    All of the receivers mentioned and/or available would fit the 3rd receiver spot that the Pats never really filled. Note: I am not saying they would fill it well - merely that they would fit better there than in Welker's spot.
    I am more concerned with Brady's status and our run game against the Raven's D, not to mention Rice and McGahee against our run D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Dont know if this would work but what about Kevin Faulk taking Welkers spot with Edelman?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Vlad, if you wish to say others or myself do not know football you are welcome. Its no problem for me but please do not try and put words in my mouth as I have never uttered those exact words to Mr Moss or anyone on here.

Many people know football much better than I and maybe Mosseffect does as well, who knows. I just thought he was writing out of emotion without thinking about what he was writing and giving him my reasons why I thought he was off on this one.

Maybe its just semantics but if you say to me there are no good receivers on the Patriots other than Moss now that Welker is hurt I just simply disagree. For me if you are no good you are not making the team and I think a lot of teams would be more than happy to take Edelman if we released him so he must be good.

I am also not sure if you were responding to me with regards to your comments on  edelman being like welker in the playoffs or being great but if so please do not put words in my mouth as I never said either of those things.

I also never ever questioned Mr Moss's fandom or knowledge of the game. Simply I thought he was wrong in saying that any available WR talent outside of new england is better than all our on roster options at this point. I just disagree with that and gave my reasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

what about this guy
    he plays in the UFL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

Ben Watson
    Kevin Faulk
    Chris Baker
    Julian Elderman
    Sam Aiken

Sure they're no Wes Welker but that's a pretty good bunch to benefit from Moss spreading the field.  They'll be a different offense but still put up 30+ on any defense in football. It's all about the O-LIne.

I worry more about the defense than Welker being out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Any updates on Aiken?  He looked like he hurt his shoulder or ribs on the INT play.  If he is Questionable or Doubtful, where does that leave the passing game next week?  Maroney back in the spread mix?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

low IQ-im not changeing the subject,and i am still saying there isnt any great receivers outside of moss or welker on the team.i never said anything about edelman,or any other receiver not being good.for he is good,and has talent,but your not gonna hear me say he is great.just because he has had a couple good games.or do i have the confidence yet in thinking him or aiken will step up big time in the playoffs.i hope they do,but until then im hopeing for some help.even if it is from a daivid patten or someone else now that there is a roster spot open.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Johnson-Welker-big-loss-for-Patriots-010310

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Moss you are funny, I like you... you know very well you used the word "good" to start the post and now changed it to "great". There's a big difference but I got your general sentiments anyway. It's nice to have revisionist history (ability to edit your posts ;-))

Best of luck to Pats, that's what we both agree on my friend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

come on IQ-its easy to mis read something I do it quite a bit,and at times jump the gun.there are some who will say heck yes he does.like the statement you said about me thinking the rest stink.i never said that,but it was put into your interpretation.but anyways im over this.time to move on.we shouldnt be the enemies on the same team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Welker is the best but Edelman had over 100 yards Sunday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

See there's this player named Tom Brady and he's pretty good. Better than any QB Miami has had the last five years. In fact he so good he helped a rookie WR catch 37 balls and that's more than 29. He also helped Welker go from a career high of 67 catches in a season to 123 catches in a season. I guess QB play does matter in the playoffs. Listen we are not going to replace Welker as a player, but that's not the real question. The real question is where does his production come from (Edelman, Faulk, Stanbeck, Aiken, Baker Watson) and how does the offense continue to succeed without him. Brady will have to spread the ball around and it's not like he hasn't done that before; the running game will have to be more effective.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WelkWe00.htm

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momepat. Show momepat's posts

This is not the time to be brining in a "new" player and expect them to learn the offense.  How do you expect Brady to adjust to the timing of a new player?  Let's face it, the way the defense played on Sunday, they are lucky to get a win against the Ravens.  The defense is not consistent.  They have showed signs of "getting it", but then they go back to their old habits.  Any quarterback can throw against our defense and look sensational.  How do you think they would fair against the Chargers & Colts in an important playoff game?  They won't!  We can only hope that the defense can stop the run, but they will get lit on the passing game.  The offense will have to carry this team and without Welker, that just won't happen.  Welker is the key to the offense - just look at his numbers this year and in the past.  Hopefully, he will have a great recovery, Brady can get well during the off season, and they get a complement additional receiver, and most importantly, the defense will be that much better.  With the way the Jets played on Sunday night, don't be surprised if this is the sleeper team this year!   They have the desire and the fight in them just to make it interesting.  Our defense should be half as strong as theirs!   I despise the Jets, but reality is what it is! 

Sections
Shortcuts