Time to Face Reality....Bellicheck knows he has no running game!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Time to Face Reality....Bellicheck knows he has no running game!!!

Its 3rd and two...two minutes on the clock......we pass... we take a time out....
    the Colts KNOW we are not going to throw deep on 4th and two......by thowing the ball on 3rd and two with that little time on the clock Bellicheck is saying out loud he does not trust our running game ....namely LAURENCE MARONEY......,I
    don't care what he did in the beginning of the game.......When the game was on the line B.B did not trust Maroney to gain..2 YARDS !!!  Everybody can decifer B.Bs decisions any way you want.... It wasn't the defense that Bellicheck didn't trust.......It shouldn't have even come to that decision if you had a back he trusted to be able to run two yards and run out the clock at the same time on 3rd down !!!  If that situation did not scream we need to draft a top running back in the draft ...what does ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Time to Face Reality....Bellicheck knows he has no running game!!!

he also stated a couple weeks back that it didnt matter who was in here at running back,he wasnt going to let brady lose any touches,for he feels the best chance for the pats to win,is if the ball is in brady,s hands,but i agree if he was to decide to have a more balance attack a top notch running back is needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I would have to say you are on to something.  We didn't really try to run the ball even when we were ahead late in the game. 

Directly related to this is the formation we kept using ... the shotgun.  Why use the shotgun late in the game instead putting the QB under center?  I know Brady likes to pass out of the shotgun because he can see the field better, but there is much less risk of a run out of the shotgun, and the D knows exactly what run it will be ... a handoff with the RB running across the QB, with a guard pulling from the RB's side.  Since the D knows exactly where the RB is going, it is relatively easy to defend.

So if we are being super conservative on offense anyway, why not put the QB under center and make the D actually think about more than one possible run?  Brady's mechanics looked fine dropping back and passing (that's when he hit the TD bomb to Moss).  If he is under center, he can hand it off, use play action, QB sneak, one step drop, three step, the sky is the limit!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Charlie Weis and soon...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Face Reality....Bellicheck knows he has no running game!!!:
    [QUOTE]Charlie Weis and soon...
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE] Hey Harley its Sonny where is Bel-enes

I agree bring back Weiss and Crenell !! Just get rid of Loretta Maroney!! She's an anchor on our offense!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Maroney will never leave.  He is BB's love child and can do little wrong in the eyes of his Master.  The Patriots are stuck with him for the remainder of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts