Time to fire the GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Time to fire the GM

And did I mention that they're still in contention for a Super Bowl, how are those Falcons looking right now, good thing they have Julio Jones and their GM isn't afraid to spend those picks to move up into the high first round... laughable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Sure, let him go.

Great Britain fired Churchill in 1945, Apple canned Steve Jobs in 1985. People do dumb things all the time. 

Really, do not comapre BB as GM to Churchill or Jobs.  There is no comparison.                                    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

You know, last night when I read this, it made no sense to me at all.  I mean, we want to fire the GM who has helped to produce a winning product for us for the past 10+ seasons and currently has this team in first place this season? 

But then this morning, as I got out of bed... I stumbled, fell down a flight of stairs, broke numerous bones, and suffered a traumatic brain injury.  It was at that moment, I suddenly saw the logic behind it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I think we should also get rid of the HC, the entire front office and demand Kraft sell the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I think we should also get rid of the HC, the entire front office and demand Kraft sell the team.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one having trouble with the stairs this morning!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Glad to see that I'm not the only one having trouble with the stairs this morning!

Just trying to fit in on this thread. LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Nobody wanted to fire the GM when we were 4-0 or had just beat the undefeated Saints... show some fortitude people.

I did (for at least the last 6 years). As a matter of fact, that has been by far my #1 gripe about the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You know, last night when I read this, it made no sense to me at all.  I mean, we want to fire the GM who has helped to produce a winning product for us for the past 10+ seasons and currently has this team in first place this season? 

But then this morning, as I got out of bed... I stumbled, fell down a flight of stairs, broke numerous bones, and suffered a traumatic brain injury.  It was at that moment, I suddenly saw the logic behind it!

We knew you would see the light.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

Would Kraft ever consider the move, and let's say, hire Scott Pioli to be GM?

Or would BB rebel and quit or retire?

Kraft does have the cajones to make any move. And BB, with his enormous ego, would certainly quit.

I don't know if he does or not.  He just signed him to another contract, so, I guess he's ok with BB still wearing two hats...

Kraft isn't the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to football. Good business guy though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Without the G.M., the G.O.A.T is selling car insurance after no team gives him a shot at QB(The G.O.A.T's own words). BB is the greatest Football mind in the NFL, I wouldn't risk losing him for anything.

Without him, we win no SBs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Kraft does have the cajones to make any move. And BB, with his enormous ego, would certainly quit.

I don't know if he does or not.  He just signed him to another contract, so, I guess he's ok with BB still wearing two hats...

Clearly, the old man is showing the early stages of alzheimers.  I mean, who on earth would want a GM/head coach who only got the team to 7 AFC championship games, 5 Super Bowls, and 3 Super Bowl victories over a 12-year period?  Talk about a weak resume!  Why would you accept such horrible performance, when there are so many superior options out there? 

I will now leave it to those who know so much more than I do, to list those superior options... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

We knew you would see the light.

Who would have guessed, it would require me becoming a vegetable to understand what you were getting at?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Clearly, the old man is showing the early stages of alzheimers.  I mean, who on earth would want a GM/head coach who only got the team to 7 AFC championship games, 5 Super Bowls, and 3 Super Bowl victories over a 12-year period?  Talk about a weak resume!  Why would you accept such horrible performance, when there are so many superior options out there? 

I will now leave it to those who know so much more than I do, to list those superior options... 

Well let's see we could ask Jerry Jones if he is interested, perhaps lure Matt Millen out of broadcasting or maybe dig up Al Davis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Well let's see we could ask Jerry Jones if he is interested, perhaps lure Matt Millen out of broadcasting or maybe dig up Al Davis.

I like the Al Davis idea.  They could fit it in with the whole Halloween theme!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Must...eat...brain!

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And what would happen if the team had a new coach and new GM? 

Worst case:  They don't win a Superbowl for another decade?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. I believe I speak for any sane person when I say that. However, I come to this board to have some fun with some observations that I feel would benefit the pats from my limited perspective, and many times my perspective does not always agree with what BB the GM does. Clearly there is a growing fan base that seems to agree, at least on this board, and judging by the first boo's I heard at the stadium, it is growing off the board.

I understand it is hard to delineate between a HC and GM when it is the same person. And I also understand that the bottom line is wins. But I think that in the past 5 years or so, the wins have been more due to coaching, QB play and division opponents rather than superior GM work. 

I also have no issue appointing BB the best coach in football, but I also understand the concept that a coach can have a bad day. 

In response to rkarp's comment:

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. I believe I speak for any sane person when I say that. However, I come to this board to have some fun with some observations that I feel would benefit the pats from my limited perspective, and many times my perspective does not always agree with what BB the GM does. Clearly there is a growing fan base that seems to agree, at least on this board, and judging by the first boo's I heard at the stadium, it is growing off the board.

I understand it is hard to delineate between a HC and GM when it is the same person. And I also understand that the bottom line is wins. But I think that in the past 5 years or so, the wins have been more due to coaching, QB play and division opponents rather than superior GM work. 

I also have no issue appointing BB the best coach in football, but I also understand the concept that a coach can have a bad day. 

I believe if my math was correct they are 32-12 outside the division since 2009. I only bring this up because many here get the false impression this team only wins becasue of the so called "weak" division they play in. I would venture to guess without knowing that this record is most likely one of the top 5 in the entire league. What makes it even more impressive is that they play a 1st place schedule every year which means they get Indy/Hou, balt/Pitt, Den...

When TB & BB are gone these boards will be even more ridiculous then they are now. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't think BB would be as effective as a coach if he didn't get to choose his players.  Part of BB's genius is getting the right combination of guys out on the field.  Individually they may not be the best players, but they play well together and complement each other well, so the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts.  To be as effective as he is, Belichick needs the authority to reconstruct his roster to get a combination of players he thinks will work.  

I too sometimes get frustrated with some of Belichick's personnel decisions.  Some of them have, I believe, left the team a little talent deficient in some positions.  Still, I think the overall result is unquestionably good and I don't think we'd want to mess up Belichick's success by making him cook up meals from ingredients that he doesn't believe mix well.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

And we need new wide receivers and another tight end. New defensive linemen, linebackers and db's. And at least 3 new starters on the offensive line. And a full time starting running back who can run, catch the ball and leap tall buildings in a single bound...

Wait.. What?? The Pats are 5-2 and could easily be 7-0 if they had their full offense healthy vs Cinci and had Talib vs the Jets?? That can't possibly be right. We need to fire everyone and start over. I want it now!!!

Spoiled Pats fans in their little red dresses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

And we need new wide receivers and another tight end. New defensive linemen, linebackers and db's. And at least 3 new starters on the offensive line. And a full time starting running back who can run, catch the ball and leap tall buildings in a single bound...

Wait.. What?? The Pats are 5-2 and could easily be 7-0 if they had their full offense healthy vs Cinci and had Talib vs the Jets?? That can't possibly be right. We need to fire everyone and start over. I want it now!!!

[/QUOTE

You know it is sort of sad that as great as TB & BB have been for this franchise that fans can't appreciate their accomplishments. ten years from now we will be looking back at this era and wondering why they aren't as successful.

I for one am grateful that when I walk into Gillette every Sunday that I know I will be watching one of the most competitve teams in the NFL. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I don't think BB would be as effective as a coach if he didn't get to choose his players.

This doesn't hold a lot of water when you consider the fact BB's greatest success by far was with a team largely populated in key positions by players he did not bring in.

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

I think the "Value" draft method is outdated.  Picking the best value on the board at the time it's your pick doesn't work any longer.  Go after highest priority position needs. End of story.

As I have stated before, whatever your strategy, having early impact players is paramont in team building. Developing players is a suckers game these days. A rookie that takes 4 years to blossom and then is looking at FA is a poor use of resources.

Frankly, with the new rookie salary structure, trading up is a real good idea.

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

LMAO

That girl has PR skills comparable to BB at a press conference.

• Sections
    Shortcuts