Time to get Galloway off the field?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from doticus. Show doticus's posts

Re: Time to get Galloway off the field?

Galloway is bad.  That foot outside the endzone?  For an experienced WR?  Bad.  And that was just one of many bad plays.  It would be one thing if he were off, or if he and Brady were not connecting (Brady still clearly has work to do, although he is getting noticeably better), or if he were a step or two off of his routes.  But he is making very basic errors, not catching balls he should have, and for the love of God, how hard is it to keep your feet in the endzone?

Greg Lewis is a guy who kept his feet in the endzone, that's what was so annoying.  But what's done is done. 

Edelman is doing fine considering the position he's been put in.  He will be a good contributor even if he still has some shaky moments.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

As I once said about Chad Jackson, I think Galloway has had a concussion. 

On a personal level I feel sorry for the guy.  Pro football is a brutal sport where millionaires get their brains bashed in. 

Galloway can play in the NFL, but only if the coaching staff works around his permanent disability.  Run him off the field every second play and have the receivers coach staff tell him over and over 15 times, "one stutter step and then a go route" and sometimes "remember to get both feet in bounds".  "Now, what did I just say?" 

"Um, I forgot."

"I said," and the receivers coach does not raise his voice, "one stutter step and then a go route."

Galloway shall not check off at the line any more.  That's a job for Moss, Welker and Edelman.  If the other team blitzes, Galloway will run a slant only if he's heard it 15 times from the coach on the sidelines.  The 15 time treatment will be completely humiliating for Joey Galloway, but it's still an NFL job.  All the fans will see from the stands is Joey running the right route and scoring.

All of this doesn't do anything for Galloway's stone hands, which he brought with him to N.E.  BB will just put up with this impediment.

Note that rejected Chad Jackson has hooked on with another team.

In any case, BB only has four wideouts if Welker's knee stays injured.  BB tried out five prospects and threw all five away, for now.  Brandon Tate is out until week 7 at least, and Tate will still be a rookie receiver when he does hit the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joeycee. Show Joeycee's posts

Marvin Harrison is still unsigned...not a bad 3-4 option.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brandon Tate will be the only guy the Patriots try to acclimate into the offense. He has been studying the playbook for nearly 2 months now. I know Belichick has been running him out there in practice, he gets in trouble all the time for practicing his injured players. 

Tate has good speed, good hands, and runs his routes OK. I want to see him in action.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from potcake. Show potcake's posts

In Response to Re: Time to get Galloway off the field?:
    [QUOTE]Marvin Harrison is still unsigned...not a bad 3-4 option.
    Posted by Joeycee[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Harrison may be a past-his-prime veteran, but he does run good routes and is a decent possesion WR. He'd be a great compliment to Moss and Welker. Unfortunately, I think that he has too high an opinion of himself, and may be asking for more money than the Pats would be willing to pay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Time to get Galloway off the field?:
    [QUOTE]Galloway is bad.  That foot outside the endzone?  For an experienced WR?  Bad.  And that was just one of many bad plays.  It would be one thing if he were off, or if he and Brady were not connecting (Brady still clearly has work to do, although he is getting noticeably better), or if he were a step or two off of his routes.  But he is making very basic errors, not catching balls he should have, and for the love of God, how hard is it to keep your feet in the endzone? Greg Lewis is a guy who kept his feet in the endzone, that's what was so annoying.  But what's done is done.  Edelman is doing fine considering the position he's been put in.  He will be a good contributor even if he still has some shaky moments.
    Posted by doticus[/QUOTE] it also helps if the balls were on target.

http://nwe.scout.com/2/903654.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Galloway has always had bad hands. But worse than that, he can't run routes properly either. And you can take Aiken with him since he is a little light in the brains area. Last time I checked, the post pattern is run to the post, not stopping halfway in the endzone. Brady put the ball just inside the post, exactly where Aiken should have been if the idiot hadn't cut off his route. Their receiver core gets really thin after Moss, Welker and Edelman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Wow, it's a tough situation really because Galloway is what you want for a WR at his spot, he has size and speed. I think the Pats give him one more week but if they don't get what they want out of him after next weekend I see him gone. Probably opens a spot up for Nunn. Then it is either Aiken or Nunn running his routes is my guess unless they fine someone on the street which Patriots do with usually great success.

Sections
Shortcuts