Time to Post your 9 player Patriots Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Time to Post your 9 player Patriots Draft

I know there will be trades but ,,,,These are the players that will be to my liking....
    PLease no commentary.  Just Positions and players  (if you want to include trades Please DO..

1a) J J Watt
    1b) Brooks Reed
    2a)Rodney Hudson
    2b)James Carpenter
    3a) Kendall Hunter
    3b)B Burton
    4) Rackley
    5) S Keo
    6) R Stanzi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Time to Post your 9 player Patriots Draft

Dont know what rounds or what picks but this is what I hope for after several trades up and down;

Patrick Peterson CB, (trade up to # 6 or 7)
    Cam Heyward DE, (end of 1st early 2nd)
    Mark Ingram RB,  (2nd)
    Ben Ijalana  OT, (late 2 early 3)
    Jabaal Sheard OLB, (3rd if he lasts)
    Randall Cobb (if on the board in 4th, if not...) Greg Salas WR, (4th)
    Mark Herzlich OLB,(5th)
    Greg McElroy QB, (6th)
    Chris Hairston OT, (6-7th)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

1st Round – #17 traded to Tampa Bay for #20 and #116(4), #148(5), #212(7)

1st round #20 Anthony Constonzo OT (Boston College) or carami OT (Wisconsin)

1st Round – #28 traded for the chargers #50 and 61
    2nd Round – #33 traded to arizona for #38, 69, 136

2nd round -#38 Brooks Reed OLB (Arizona) 6-3 255 or Martez Wilson, ILB/OLB, Illinois 6’4” 250

2nd round - #50 (chargers) MIkel Leshoure RB (Illinois) 6’1” 230 or Ryan Williams RB (VT)

2nd Round – #60 Ben Ijalana OG/OT (Villanova) 6’4” 320 or Clint Boling OG (Georgia) 6’5” 305
    2nd round - #61(chargers) traded for 2012 1st round pick (to a team that could be in the range of Luck)

3rd round -#69 (Arizona) Kendrick Ellis DT (Hampton) 6’5” 346
    3rd Round – #74 John Moffitt, OG/C, Wisconsin 6’5” 323 
    3rd Round – #92 Mark Herzlich OLB (Boston College) 6’4” 238

4th round - #116 (TB) Rob Housler TE/WR (FAU) 6’5” 248
    4th Round--#124 Duenta Williams S (North Carolina) 6’1” 215

4th round -#136 (Arizona) traded for 2012 3rd round pick

5th Round - #148 (Tampa Bay) Justin Rogers CB (Richmond) 5’10” 182
    5th Round - #156  Ricardo Lockett WR (Fort Valley state)

6th Round Andrew Jackson OG/OT (Fresno State) 6’5” 295

7th round - #212 (Tampa Bay) David Mims OT (Virginia Union) 6’8” 348

UDFA Ryan Tolar C/OG (Washington) 6’6” 335

Mike Coughlin, QB, (Boise State) 6’5” 212

Blaine Sumner DT (Colorado Mines) 6’1” 355

Marc Schiechl DE/OLB (Colorado Mines) 6’2” 255 4.65

Dane Sanzenbacher WR (The Ohio State University)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

nate you have the Pats taking 3 o-lineman in the first 3 rounds.  I know its a need but youve pretty much got them draft a whole line.  Also I dont think they trade down each of there first three picks.  They will trade 28 out of the first but will stay at 17 and 33.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Post your 9 player Patriots Draft:
    [QUOTE]nate you have the Pats taking 3 o-lineman in the first 3 rounds.  I know its a need but youve pretty much got them draft a whole line.  Also I dont think they trade down each of there first three picks.  They will trade 28 out of the first but will stay at 17 and 33.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

Prob would be nice to see your insitefull attempt at this draft. Nate has shown some imagination and insite into the needs of the team in this draft. And yes the Pats are looking at replaceing all but one member of their OL, RG neil retired, LT Light over 32 with no contract and looking to cash in, LG Manking franchised if the tag stands after contract talks finish and disgruntal over his situation, C Koppen also getting older and must be upgraded if not this year next, OT Kaczur also the wrong side of thirty a back up and makeing over 3 mill. and refused a request to renegociate and take a cut in pay. So yes I think Nate has shown some insite in trying to deal with the fact thet we may need to replace all but one starter on the OL by next year. Needless to say here is my wish list on the draft.

17) Gabe Carimi OT
    28) Cameron Heyward DE
    33) Justin Huston OLB
    60) Kenrick Ellis DE
    74) Stefan Wisniewski OG/C
    92) Shane Vereen RB
    125) Stephen Schilling OG
    159) Ugo Chinasa OLB
    193 Cecil Shorts III WR

Would like to pick up Ricky Williams RB (Miami) for veteran depth at RB in free agency.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Post your 9 player Patriots Draft : Prob would be nice to see your insitefull attempt at this draft. Nate has shown some imagination and insite into the needs of the team in this draft. And yes the Pats are looking at replaceing all but one member of their OL, RG neil retired, LT Light over 32 with no contract and looking to cash in, LG Manking franchised if the tag stands after contract talks finish and disgruntal over his situation, C Koppen also getting older and must be upgraded if not this year next, OT Kaczur also the wrong side of thirty a back up and makeing over 3 mill. and refused a request to renegociate and take a cut in pay. So yes I think Nate has shown some insite in trying to deal with the fact thet we may need to replace all but one starter on the OL by next year. Needless to say here is my wish list on the draft. 17) Gabe Carimi OT 28) Cameron Heyward DE 33) Justin Huston OLB 60) Kenrick Ellis DE 74) Stefan Wisniewski OG/C 92) Shane Vereen RB 125) Stephen Schilling OG 159) Ugo Chinasa OLB 193 Cecil Shorts III WR Would like to pick up Ricky Williams RB (Miami) for veteran depth at RB in free agency.
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]excellent draft...but at #60 I would take the best CB...in my mind, it's a need....and grab Romeus somewhere....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

I think most of us will only know a whole lot about our first pick, so I didn't add names beyond the first pick:

Pick 17: Trade for 2012 1st round pick, 2012 third rounder and one pick in 5/6 range this year or next

Pick 28: Trade back to pick 30 this year and a pick in the 5/6 range this year

Pick: 30 (via trade): Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Temple.

Pick: 33: Trade for 2012 2nd round pick (with a rebuilding team so the pick will probably be comparable), a 2012 third rounder and 2012 5/6 rounder

Pick 60: Traded back to mid third round this year and a lower pick this year or next

Pick 74: Best RB available

Pick 82 to 85 (via trade): Best olb available

Pick 92: Trade for one lower 2011 pick and one lower 2012 pick

Rounds 4-7: In this order of priority: Best OL, linebacker, DL, DB available

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

One change to my pot above: We will take Wilkerson at 31 or 32, not 30, which is the Jets pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]1st Round – #17 traded to Tampa Bay for #20 and #116(4), #148(5), #212(7) 1 st round #20 Anthony Constonzo OT (Boston College) or carami OT (Wisconsin) ...............
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Nice work but I think you are just a lil too hopefull on the trades, draft is weird and every coach has its own philosophy. Last two years BB has gone with drafting 10+ guys each draft, and of course he did some house cleaning on defense (which I loved, we just had too much garbage). So its really is about how he thinks his D is going to turn out(half of our team is 3 years or less of exp), that'll decide weather he wants to go up, trade down or just trade out of this year (remember no camp means there won't be much contribution from them this year so why not just wait next year).

But we don't know what he is thinking so its really hard to predict a trend.
    But we need to get a RB in 2nd mikel is fine but if Ingram is there on top of two, BB is going after him for sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Many possiblities and each has it's own set of scenario's. My ideal 9 would include two quality O-linemen from the top tier,one D-lineman from the pack,a solid CB to match with McCourty,1 RB,1speed WR,possibly a b/u QB and a couple of LB's. I'm not going to be specific because the draft is a crapshoot. I would be Happy with Pouncey/Watkins and Mofffit/ Solder from the O-line prospects, any of these D-linemen Watt,Kerrigan,Austin,Bailey,Clayborn,from the Wr group Cobb,Young,Gurley,Baldwin,Gates,From RB Demarco Murray, QB Stanzi or McElroy or even Mallett should he drop to the Patriots,LB's Herzilich or bust!!!!As for CB they need a big corner so I say Ras I Dowling....Of course I don't really expect BB to take all of my choices but I think he'll pick at least one of the guys I've mentioned.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Bama ...even BB will have a tough time performing these thefts.....Nice going

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]nate you have the Pats taking 3 o-lineman in the first 3 rounds.  I know its a need but youve pretty much got them draft a whole line.  Also I dont think they trade down each of there first three picks.  They will trade 28 out of the first but will stay at 17 and 33.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

neal retired, mankins who knows if he will play the first 10 weeks, light we don't know if we can resign him, koppen wasn't too bad but he didn't play great.    We need the offensive line help.  there are only 3 sure guys on the line including backups,(connolly, vollmer,  and koppen)
    I want brady standing.the proposals i made are realistic with the lockout and desperate teams in need of a QB. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]Nate pretty good projection. This is something of a view of mine. Reed, Ijalana,Leshore fanatastic pick-ups.   Herzlich in the 3rd round excellent, by having so many picks take the chance, Pats wont be disappointed. You just didn't take my man Skrine. 2nd round is the value round in this draft. Well thought out.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

thanks i have been researching all season and offseason to come up with this mock. hopefully i will be able to match how well i did predicting BB's draft last year. (i called mesko, gronk, hernandez, and spikes)  i have noticed that bb tends to find a position where we are weak and add a few players to it such as the TE position last season.  this year i think the spot with the greatest uncertainity is the offensive line.  our pass rush needs help and a good DE and a good OLB would really set us up going into next season with the return of bodden and warren.

i looked at skrine but he has trouble against taller WR and he is undersized and a bit raw.  "Is still raw for a cornerback, not especially skilled in any particular facet of the position, will need some coaching to be successful at the next level." I do like the fact that he is a team captain and a high character individual but i think rogers has a better overall skillset and can be had in the 5th round.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

valid point bobby which is why i chose rogers and williams as the 2 db's in my draft.  we will also be getting bodden back which should help things. plus with the additions of brooks reed, kendrick ellis, and herzlich the QB shouldn't have nearly as much time to throw.  check out some tape on rogers you will be impressed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Time to Post your 9 player Patriots Draft:
    [QUOTE]I know there will be trades but ,,,,These are the players that will be to my liking.... PLease no commentary.  Just Positions and players  (if you want to include trades Please DO.. 1a) J J Watt 1b) Brooks Reed 2a)Rodney Hudson 2b)James Carpenter 3a) Kendall Hunter 3b)B Burton 4) Rackley 5) S Keo 6) R Stanzi
    Posted by fishers5[/QUOTE]

is this who we want or who pats will get?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

BRB  excellent Question....... I would guess who I want....Have no idea what BB board is like or who will be available... But i will look back ay it on 5/1 and probably laugh at myself...

HAGD

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

17-Anthony Costonzo
    28- Traded to SD FOR 50 & 61.
    33- Justin Houston
    50- Demarco Murray
    60- Marcus Cannon
    61- Quintin Carter

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

17-  DE - JJ Watt (if on board) - T - Anthony Costonzo
    28- OLB - Houston
    33- RB - Ingram, Leshoure or Williams (in that order of who is on the board)
    50- Watkins - G (if not on board then OL - Carpenter)
    60- Hankerson WR
    61- Moffitt - OL  . . . unless they get Costonzo with 17 then they go CB

later picks for McElroy (QB) and Herzlich (LB)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

17.JJ Watt DE - great 5 tech can rush at dt on 3rd down
    28.Jaball Sheard OLB - Tough rush LB who loves to play
    33.Traded for 1st rounder nxt year
    2b) Rodney Hudson OG/C- Undersized just like Dan Coppen, but has good quickness can pull or trap with the best of them.
    3a)Johnathon Baldwin - Big Tall fast great hands, could be enxt Larry fitz or next Chad jackson. i think hes worth the gamble.
    3b)Daniel thomas RB- Big tall back can pound it and be the bruiser (at 6'1 230)That Green Ellis and woodhead dont have the size to be.
    4.Andrew Jackson OG- logan mankins similarieties are there with size and mean streak could compete with connoly
    5.Mike Person OT- experienced zone blocker initially backup at RT
    6.Ricky Elmore de/olb -  Great size and prosuctivity, speed? has New England Roots could ahng on as 5th olb and sub rusher.

UDFA- Dane Sanzenbacher WR- gets open downfield
              Blaine Sumner DT- probably a gimmick but good size and strength for backup NT
    John Clay RB
    Anthony Sherman FB- probably wont be thier but i would like a blocking fb

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

17.Ryan Kerrigan - DE
    28. JJ Watt or Cameron Heyward - DE
    33.Bradon Harris - CB
    60.Leonard Hankerson - WR
    74.Mark Herzlich - OLB
    92. Joseph Barksdale - OT
    4th Rd. John Moffit  -OG
    5th Rd. Clint Boling - OG
    6th Rd. Pat Devlin or Mike Hartline – QB

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan_28. Show patsfan_28's posts

17-cameron jordon
    28-justin houston
    33-danny watkins-
    60-greg little
    74-demarco murray
    92-robert sands/joe lefeged
    4th rd-OL
    5th rd-demarcus van dyke
    6th rd-rb/fb

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

17: Ryan Kerrigan, OLB, Purdue
    28: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    33: Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio St
    60: Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
    74: Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
    92: Greg Romeus, OLB, Pittsburgh
    125: Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel
    159: Brandon Fusco, C/G, Slippery Rock
    193: Jamie Harper, RB, Clemson