Time to take the ELI off the NFL's Mount Rushmore?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Time to take the ELI off the NFL's Mount Rushmore?

Eli has never been an elite regular season QB over his career.  Last season is looking more like an aberration than the norm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Last year was his only really good year. I have said this many times----he has good stretches then he reverts. The old Eli is back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The bad news about that is that he has time to bounce back, I would prefer he was playing like this in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Eli is stinking up the place.  Heck I think right now Tom Coughlin would be willing to trade the Jets Eli for Sanchez or even for Tebow.  Thank goodness we don't have a QB that has bad games back to back to back to back.   Face it, Eli and the Giants have so-so seasons, they have never been great.,  They just have played good at the right times in two years that they won the SB.  Look at their regular season record over the years, not very impressive.  The Giants get more credit then they deserve, thats for sure!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Take away his defense and he has zero rings. I like him - tough as nails - certainly an above average QB who has played really well in big games, but I just don't like him in the Brady/Rogers/Brees league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Take away his defense and he has zero rings. I like him - tough as nails - certainly an above average QB who has played really well in big games, but I just don't like him in the Brady/Rogers/Brees league.

[/QUOTE]

In terms of last year, i'd say it's more like take away his pass rush. Giants D is okay pass rush aside. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Every year the Giants seem to go thru something like this. I'm noy buying it. The Giants are true Jeckyl and Hides every year. They can beat anyone, anywhere on any sunday and there is only about 10 teams that can say that and lucky for us the Pats are one of them. Eli is in a rut right now but it seem like the Giants stink every november. That division is week (like the Pats') so i still expect them to be around in January. Does anybody really trust the Falcons? I still see the Packers, Giants and 49ers as the best in the NFC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No. Dont take him off because he was never on there. Table all plans to put him there indefinitely. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

You can't spell LIE without ELI. ;-) Who's been worse over the last 3 games, LIE or Mark Stinkshitz?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Eli made himself exploiting the Pats' D in two SBs in the last minutes. That's the name of that tune. But that is also the way the NFL goes. You get it done and you get the praise. It doesn't matter if there is a fluke catch, INT dropped, the other guy's receiver drops it, the star TE is hurt for the other team or any of that wouda shoulda coulda. All people remember is that when the game was on the line, you got it done. By those standards he deserves the praise.

It is strange that the one brother is considered one of the greatest QBs ever, but a choker, and the other is considered not so hot a QB, but great in the clutch. I'm not so sure if all of that is really on the mark.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In terms of last year, i'd say it's more like take away his pass rush. Giants D is okay pass rush aside. 

[/QUOTE]
    so eli is matt moore who when he is elite is rodgers, brees and brady.. average it out, and he tops out at the romo and big ben level!

[/QUOTE]

No Eli is tom brady.  take away tom's defense and he'd have none of those superbowls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Sections
Shortcuts