Timmons Gets What?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Timmons Gets What?

If Timmons can get 50Mil what is Mayo worth. I know that Pittsburgh is the only
    team that would say- no I would not want Mayo over Timmons but come on.
    Mayo is getting better & better since the injury & you know he will have another
    monster year so my question is what is he worth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Re: Timmons Gets What?

Sign Mayo before the cost of re-signing him could make it nearly impossible to cut a deal with him.Do it now or pay(pun intended)the price later.he's that good,get it done before you can't get it done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Jerod Mayo isn't worth more than Timmons.  I view them on the same tier

Mayo isn't a playmaker.  He's a leader and a bulk tackle machine.  Few interceptions, sacks, forced fumbles, touchdowns

I wonder if Mayo will do more in the new system, but right now I think the Pats should be able to re-sign him for a reasonable price

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Timmons Gets What?:
    [QUOTE]Jerod Mayo isn't worth more than Timmons.  I view them on the same tier Mayo isn't a playmaker.  He's a leader and a bulk tackle machine.  Few interceptions, sacks, forced fumbles, touchdowns I wonder if Mayo will do more in the new system, but right now I think the Pats should be able to re-sign him for a reasonable price
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that Mayo's sack #'s are going up substantially this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Mayo vs. Timmons

The point is what Timmons means to their system. I say this because Mayo is a tackling machine on a weak (last two years ) defense. Much like Patrick Willis. You say they are great players, but they are great players on a weak defense. By contrast, players like Timmons or Ngata are good players on a great defense. Both Pittsburgh and Baltimore should (and did) everything to keep their defenses intact by signing players to large contracts. Besides, I am fairly certain that BB wants to keep Mayo around for a long time and this will eventually result in big contract. 

As I have mentioned on any previous thread about contracts the concern is always how much money is guaranteed and how much is backloaded. 

*Key point. I don't think Timmons is better than Mayo, but he is an integral part of a defense that has been better than the Pats defense. It's in Pittsburgh's (and by extension Lebeau's) best interest to keep this defense together. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i wish mayo was my uncle

Sections
Shortcuts