Tired of it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Tired of it

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LEARN TO USE THE F U C K ING QUOTE BOX JESUS

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I just wish people would stop with the "In reply to..." responses. This format sucks and it makes the page a pain to scroll through.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Once I was treated with disrespect here simply because I am being genuine and honest about Brady's poor play knowing we can never win with that, I threw it back in their face, to the point they now can't take it because they know I've been right this whole time.

[/QUOTE]

As I said earlier, I disagree with you on this.  You have a right to your opinion of his play, but you have NOT been proven right in your assertion.  IMO, Brady is the singular reason we reached as far as we did, including two super bowls in the last ten years.  In both losses he left the field with the Pats in the lead.  You can't blame him if the defense didn't hold that lead.  One of those ten years he was gone for the entire season, so we have him getting the team to the playoffs all nine of those post SB victory years in which he was the QB, reaching the SB twice and the conference title game three other times.  The only missed reaching the title game four of those nine times.  He even reached it last year with essentially no supporting cast.  No, Doug, Brady has not had poor play (a game here of there doesn't change that).  Brady has had exceptional play.  The VICTORY numbers don't lie.

On a side note as to why I have all three names here.  I never, by choice, changed my screen name.  It was the Board management that so screwed things up that I had to re-register and it wouldn't accept the old name.  They are there to tell people that I am the same person and have a longer posting history that indicated by just SLGDEV.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. This D led the NFL in 2010 and 2011 in creating turnovers.  Rob Ninkovich leads all DL in the NFL in fumble recoveries for example, but that stuff gets buried due to a googly eyed media fawning over Brady.

Julian Edelman is the all time punt return yard average leader in NFL HISTORY.

See what I mean?

Matt Cassel led this team to an 11-5 record improving as the year went on. Most QBs who play for the first time, get WORSE as the season goes because film gets out on their tendencies. Not here. Not with this coaching staff led by BB.

It's not about just Brady. It's about the brilliance in coaching with BB. And, if he can't coach a guy, they're gone.

No one does it better.  Meanwhile, I can name a half dozen QBs whose stats are similar to Brady's, to get the 10+ wins for a postseason berth.

So, really, you're really quite wrong here.

Lastly, I don't care if he leaves the game with a lead or not. Missed opportunities are missed opportunities. When a team hands you a gimme in the 1st or 2nd qtr and you don't take it, if it come back to bite you, it's not on the D, it's on the offense for not taking a gift earlier in the game.

Look at the Saints game last year. Our offense sucked all game long, the D held on and held and held and held vs a loaded Saints offense and Brady pitched in at the end.  Good job by him and the offense, but that is in no way a win without the D.

That's a fact.

So, you're wrong. It's not about seeing if our D can bail Brady out every week at the end of a game. It's about Brady leading a consistent offense through 4 qtrs, not turning it over if possible (I don't even count blindside fumbles), and most importantly making good football decisions.

The arrogance of excusing Brady after our D holds to 14 points during a game, being gassed during that time in doing so, and expecting them to be the 1985 Bears with 1:30 to:play is just that: Arrogance.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The pathetic D gassed themselves by being on the field an eternity.  Twice the league average TWICE!

The O was on the field, exceeding the league average.  NF excuse for that.

7-8 possession games while the O was forced to sit the bench and watch the atrocity is ridiculous.

Thank whom ever, we now have a couple of DB's to stop the bleeding.

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  FGs should not win SBs.  The offense needed to help them out and they didn't.  You're a disgrace for pretending Sterling Moore is on the same level playing field as the talent BB amassed for the golden boy on offense.

You laud Brady's stats all year, play fantasy football with your dorky friends and then run away when we need that production or something close to it in AFC Title games or SBs.

Also, when you and Babe used to tell Underpants Brady was Joe Cool and was a winner in close games, a better playoff performer and that stats didn't count as much as wins, you used to mock Peyton for chasing regular season stats as his main reason for being considered better than Brady.

Now that Brady is channeling Manning, you try to deflect from it.  You're a hypocrite.

I refuse to be that. I readily admit and acknowledge how annoying it is to watch Brady get all the accolades to pad stats apparently, only for Ds to know his ego, set the trap and bait him like we used to do with Gomer.

Ugh.

And you know what, since our D is so loaded with the base built through these nice drafts since 2010, we'll be the ones baiting Gomie in January. The question is, will Brady not muck it up again?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Fg's won all our SBs.

What a freaken moron!

[/QUOTE]

At the end, sure, but the offense didn't collapse in the 4th qtr either.  They answered the bell.  That's the difference.

In Sb 46, Brady and the offense literally did nothing and scored nothing, not even a FG.  The fact is, the Giants only score 2 measly FGs with the Pats in control until Brady threw the game away, himself, personally.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Troll. he had the lead.  He scored 2 TD's in 7 possessions.  some QB's cant even do that in 12.

The D fcked up royally in both intenses.

Just admit what the whole world knows and quit being a psych nut job.

Get help

[/QUOTE]

"Both intenses"? What does that even mean?

Answer me this: If Brady is so great and has been so great in recent postseason, why isn't he in the games like SB 46?

If he's so great, doesn't he play much better than a supposed bad D?  He didn't.  The D was the better side of the field, even if not great in the postseason.  At worst, they were equals with each needing to have done more.

You act like he played great.  It's very disturbing to see an adult so googly eyed over an athlete to the point they've become delusional.

Spikes's INT in the 4th of the title game should have yielded at least a couple minutes of clock and at worst a chip shot FG.

What happened? That is no different than the crap Brady was mindlessly doing in the 4th qtr of SB 46.  It;s the same movie over and over but just in a different setting.

He absolutely lost himself mentally and collapsed only to rush off to gaze into Giselle's eyes and make plans with Welkie for their trip to Costa Rica.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quote box is broken, kid.

Anyone who has posted here for a while (or on any board) knows what a functioning board looks like. This ain't it.

The Globe seriously thinks by saving $25 a month on a cheaper format here, it will be an attraction to whoever buys it.

LMAO

Christ, no wonder they're selling it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honestly, I just wish people would stop with the "In reply to..." responses. This format sucks and it makes the page a pain to scroll through.

[/QUOTE]

that works as well but seriously it isn't hard to quote a message and backspace the previously responded to things.

Look I just backspaced my older message you already responded to and bang saves space.

All of the fighting and arguing would be much more tolerable IMO if these people learned how to backspace and respond to ONE post, not 20.

Its not hard to highlight and press backspace people, NOT HARD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Anyone who has posted here for a while (or on any board) knows what a functioning board looks like. This ain't it.

The Globe seriously thinks by saving $25 a month on a cheaper format here, it will be an attraction to whoever buys it.

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

just backspace all the s hit responded to already, it isn't hard

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Joe, you do realize there are pertinent portions of the exchanges in the previous posts, correct?  Why censor those?

Why is it so difficult to the go the source of the problem which is the Globe's cheap and crappy board formatting?

I don't believe in enabling bad behavior either.  It's why GM went bankrupt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Joe, you do realize there are pertinent portions of the exchanges in the previous posts, correct?  Why censor those?

Why is it so difficult to the go the source of the problem which is the Globe's cheap and crappy board formatting?

[/QUOTE]

ya and you can read those previous posts from before as you go down.

example:

quote rusty

quote joe

quote rusty

quote joe

etc.

is stupid. you can see all the previous posts right above there is no need to continually quote the same messages over and over. you aren't responding to the message 5 times ago you are responding to the most recent one. so backspace all of the other crap that we've all read before.

it would make it much easier

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ya and you can read those previous posts from before as you go down.

example:

quote rusty

quote joe

quote rusty

quote joe

etc.

is stupid. you can see all the previous posts right above there is no need to continually quote the same messages over and over. you aren't responding to the message 5 times ago you are responding to the most recent one. so backspace all of the other crap that we've all read before.

[/QUOTE]

I understand how it works. I just don't want to feed the beast which is the despicable Boston Globe going cheap on the fans AFTER they tried to make money off a model of basically slandering BB here for years and years.

That's why I don't want to appease them.

This is the official board of the Globe, the lead newspaper in the best sports town in the world, and this is what we get?

F Them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Who was that loser yesterday that tried to make a federal case out of "not knowing how to use the quotes system"?  Right, it was you.  Just when we thought you could be any more of a complete tool, you've upped stakes once again.  #biggestloser

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

I understand how it works. I just don't want to feed the beast which is the despicable Boston Globe going cheap on the fans AFTER they tried to make money off a model of basically slandering BB here for years and years.

This is the official board of the Globe, the lead newspaper in the best sports town in the world, and this is what we get?

F Them.

Doug - I can, with the highest of confidence, promise you that the target of your actions is not on this board. I am also confident that your actions do not effect them in the least. We, the other posters on this board are the only ones that your principles touch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Who was that loser yesterday that tried to make a federal case out of "not knowing how to use the quotes system"?  Right, it was you.  Just when we thought you could be any more of a complete tool, you've upped stakes once again.  #biggestloser

[/QUOTE]

Classic bustchise.  Dumb as a rock.  I just said i know how to use it.

You don't.  You proved that yesterday.  Lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

F Them.

[/QUOTE]

Why ruin our board over people who most likely don't even check it or care about it?

Don't try to stick it to them, make it easier for the board.

You're the one who always tries to save the board from trolls and the cupcakes but you ruin it with quoting 20 things

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classic bustchise.  Dumb as a rock.  I just said i know how to use it.

You don't.  You proved that yesterday.  Lol

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, just like when you spell a word wrong and can't figure out how to use punctuation, it's a "typo" or your keyboard didn't work.  Bwhahahahahahaha!  What a loser.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkPatrol. Show SnarkPatrol's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

F Them.

Doug - I can, with the highest of confidence, promise you that the target of your actions is not on this board. I am also confident that your actions do not effect them in the least. We, the other posters on this board are the only ones that your principles touch.

[/QUOTE]

Save your breath.

He's the kind of guy who ignores the "Road Closed" signs, fails to take the detour, and plows through barricades.  That's why Clark Griswold is his hero.

"I refuse to enable the Dept. of Transportation after I gave them my federal tax dollars to facilitate travel from point A to point B."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You are correct Joe but Rusty doesn't understand.  He isn't Computer literate, hell.. he is still using the brick sized cell phone with the antenna on top.  

I think if a person already responded to a quote then don't include it again in another quote.  1 quote per post max!!  And then just take an extra couple of seconds and make it look like this.  All you have to do is post your message, go back and edit then post.  Simple.  Looks nice and neat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    You are correct Joe but Rusty doesn't understand.  He isn't Computer literate, hell.. he is still using the brick sized cell phone with the antenna on top.  

I think if a person already responded to a quote then don't include it again in another quote.  1 quote per post max!!  And then just take an extra couple of seconds and make it look like this.  All you have to do is post your message, go back and edit then post.  Simple.  Looks nice and neat.

[/QUOTE]
    I don't even mind doing the edit thing to make it even better. At this point I would just take people cutting down the posts responding to one quote, not 20.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am sooooo tired of nearly every thread turning into a personal battle between posters with one insulting the other and back again.  Please guys/gals. how about FOOTBALL????

I am also sooooo tired of attacks on Brady and BB.  We Pats fans have been so very lucky these past thirteen seasons.  (I lived through the Patsy years since '67).  How can anyone knock a sure fire, unanimous, first ballot entry into the HOF when he becomes eligible and one of (if not the) greatest QBs of all time?  And BB?  Success speaks for itself -- and those know-nothings that think if you didn't win the SB every year, that your team stinks should just shut up

I ask all RESPONSIBLE posters to simply put the idiots into their ignore list.  Then we might avoid all the garbage back and forths.  Please guys, this is not a size of your you-know-what contest.  Just ignore them

Oh, and since 2001 the Pats have won 9 of eleven division titles and tied for two (and missed the playoffs by tiebreakers.  Also, their playoff record is 18-8.  I call that success.

[/QUOTE]

KNOW RUSTY NO PEACE

NO RUSTY KNOW PEACE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Beginning to see ignore is not enough.

People react to people you have on ignore and it turns into the same mess!

Not sure the mods here could do the job fairly. 

Solution is give the thread author ability to mod -- delete posts in that specific thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Re: Kelly Gearing Up

posted at 7/30/2014 7:36 PM EDT

rkarp
    First: 1/29/2008
    Last: 8/3/2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765454/tommy-kelly-thrilled-with-return-to-field";" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765454/tommy-kelly-thrilled-with-return-to-field";; rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765454/tommy-kelly-thrilled-with-return-to-field";" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765454/tommy-kelly-thrilled-with-return-to-field";; rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765454/tommy-kelly-thrilled-with-return-to-field" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765454/tommy-kelly-thrilled-with-return-to-field

To think RKrap and Mt Hurl mocked this signing last year. My god. (Doug's post) This guy just screams Patriot:  

Tommy Kelly thrilled with return to field
    July, 29, 2014
    Jul 29
    3:15
    PM ET
    By Mark Chiarelli, Special to ESPNBoston.com

Comments1
    Email
    Print

Comments1
    Email
    Print

FOXBOROUGH, MASS. -- Veteran Patriots defensive tackle Tommy Kelly donned full pads for the first time on Tuesday, marking yet another step in the process of returning from a torn right ACL suffered a season ago.

Kelly
    And while Kelly was very cognizant that the “process” still had a long way to go -- he didn’t participate in any contact drills -- strapping on the pads and taking reps with the first-team defense was a welcomed sight for the 33-year old. 

“It felt wonderful, absolutely wonderful,” Kelly said. “I’ve been itching to get back on the field so it felt real good baby, real good.”

The 6-foot-6, 310-pound Kelly initially began camp on the physically-unable-to-perform list but was removed on July 26. He’s slowly easing into a more rigorous schedule, but referenced on numerous occasions that the coaching staff had a process and a plan in place for him and indicated his rehab has been a positive experience.

“At the end of the day, [the coaching staff] is looking out for your best interest,” he said. “I’m a veteran, I want to get out on the field, I’m the type of guy that I can’t roll out of bed and my game is going to be great. I gotta go out there every day and work on my hands, work on my get-out, work on my explosions, read my keys. I’m the type of guy that loves practice.”

Patriots Preseason Live 

Follow reporter Mike Reiss' live updates from training camp in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
    Preseason Live
    If Kelly has any doubts on returning to the player he was a season ago, he didn’t show it on Tuesday. He spoke at length about having confidence in himself and noted how prior experience -- he originally tore the same ACL in 2007 -- prepared him for his rehabilitation process this time around.

“I’ve been down that dark road,” Kelly said. “I know how it feels and how you doubt yourself. But I also know that if you work your tail off every day, it’s going to come back ... come in here and work your butt off, and your knee is going to be fine.”

One of his goals is to quickly gain the trust back of both his teammates and the coaching staff so he can be relied upon to be an anchor on the defensive line. 

“You don’t want anybody out there thinking you’re the weak link,” Kelly said. “And I’ve never been the weak link in my career, and I’m not going to start being a weak link.

“I’m not trying to come back and be the player I was. I’m trying to come back and be a better player than I was,” he continued. “Because this is a very hard team to make, so if you don’t go out and put it on the line every day you’re not going to be here, simple as that.”

just to set the record straight and point out Douglas telling lies yet again,here is what I posted when Kelley signed;

Re: Tommy Kelly Signed
    posted at 4/8/2013 3:41 PM EDT

rkarp
    First: 1/29/2008
    Last: 7/30/2014
    I like the signing. I had spoken the past few days regarding a signing like this, be it Branch, Patterson...Pats need another interior DL to take the pressure off of the need to use the #1 on a DL. Frees up the #1 for a WR

Not surprised Pats went with the 32 year old player rather rthan the 28 year old or 29 year old player. Kelly clearly was the best player at one time, not so sure about today and tomorrow however.

Anyone see numbers? I have to assume it is vet minimum...low guarantee...most likely if he is not here after first year the dead money is minimal.

So there we have it. Interior DL is Vince, Kelly, Lovie, Deadrick, Pryor. Outside DL is Nink, Jones, Cunningham, Francis, Armstead. Maybe if they really love some one who drops into their laps they use the #1 on another DL, but I have to think this means they go WR with the #1.

^The above is from a Kelly Gearing Up thread the other day and is the main reason a lot of people have a problem with Doug Irvin or whatever the name of the month might be. He's an outright liar and makes things up to be confrontational. He was running all over the board the other day but for some reason never responded to the end of this thread.

I also remember Mthurl liking the Kelly signing as did the vast majority of other posters. Yet to hear Doug recount the story, he was the only one who liked the signing and everyone else was too clueless or moronic to realize this was a good get for the Pats. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Beginning to see ignore is not enough.

People react to people you have on ignore and it turns into the same mess!

Not sure the mods here could do the job fairly. 

Solution is give the thread author ability to mod -- delete posts in that specific thread.

[/QUOTE]

No, that would only discourage posts.  Here is a better solution, and I put this forth as a programmer.

Have the response be in a pop-up window or, preferably, in a separate tab.  The response window would not have any quote in it at all.  If the responder wanted to have some of the message to which he was responding appear in his response, he would have to go to that other tab/window and copy what he wanted to appear.  He would also have to somehow make clear that this part was what so-and-so said.  IOW, the difficulty of including posts would fall to the responder -- where it belongs.

Now an aside for Doug.  I had previously thought you a reasonable poster even though I disagree with you about Brady.  Unfortunately, I now count two insults coming from you directed at me.  The last one, in another response, was, I believe, "IDIOTIC".  I will say this once, and I know you will see it because you are a frequent poster.  Should I see one more insult directed at me, I will refrain from any further reading your posts and responding to anything you might have said.  I will not play this "hate game" that you seem to revel in with the names you have mentioned.  I will simply withdraw. I am 73, not 7+3.  That game is for children.  Three strikes and you are out --- even on a football board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Glad we are in mid season form here, an "we" are only in TC lol

gee where is Babe I miss him, no joke

my one and only point on the whole BB as GM and TB as qb is

if one all pro cb hadn't dropped an int and if one all pro slot receiver hadn't of dropped a pass in the open field, almost None and I do mean none of these anti discussions would have happened. Try chewing on that a little lol

God, even the spyxxxx junk goes away (:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Does it surprise you that this thread turned into everything you said you despise in the opening post.

You have Rkarp and the rest of his sycophant followers going after Russ every time he posts something.

Then Rusty feels obligated to respond in kind. That's what this forum is and if you have a dissenting opinion from King Karp and his band of merry men they'll all just jump in to rat pack you. In short you have about a dozen people with way too much time on their hands that monopolize every thread. there's not much room for the average Joe to post here anymore but it doesn't matter because as you said.." Every thread ends up the same way".

At least Rusty doesn't need 10 other people to back him up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Simply put..  there are fans who are NEVER satisfied, no matter how good the results are, have their own vision of how their team should perform all the time and act like they know better than the players and management itself!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkPatrol. Show SnarkPatrol's posts

In response to ewhite1065's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does it surprise you that this thread turned into everything you said you despise in the opening post.

You have Rkarp and the rest of his sycophant followers going after Russ every time he posts something.

Then Rusty feels obligated to respond in kind. That's what this forum is and if you have a dissenting opinion from King Karp and his band of merry men they'll all just jump in to rat pack you. In short you have about a dozen people with way too much time on their hands that monopolize every thread. there's not much room for the average Joe to post here anymore but it doesn't matter because as you said.." Every thread ends up the same way".

At least Rusty doesn't need 10 other people to back him up.

[/QUOTE]

After you've crawled out of Rusty's butt try opening your eyes.

In his very first post he went after several posters including Rkarp.  Rkarp had not even joined the thread.  So, Rusty wasn't "responding" to insults, he was launching a pre-emptive strike.

Now this is all 3rd grade stuff (at best).   "He started it!"    "No I didn't, you did!"  "Na, na, na, na, na".

Let's face it.  Rusty is a moron, Rkarp is a moron, I am a moron and you most certainly are a moron.

I'll bet you LOVE that kind of talk, bein' a Rusty butt sniffer and all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Easy, brother, life is too short but I do get your frustration.

If ever there was a thread that proved its own point it's this one.