Tired of Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Tired of Tebow

It's a good point. Personally I change the channel whenever a sports figure or politician goes into praise Jesus mode.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Tired of Tebow:
    [QUOTE] It's a good point. Personally I change the channel whenever a sports figure or politician goes into praise Jesus mode.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

I guess you never watched ESPN for the past several years then...as they worshipped Peyton Manning.

LOL!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Ah the Church of the Holy Peyton. Nope don't worship there either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Agreed.  The national media should be talking about the Patriots!!

wait - pats fans don't like the national media talking about the pats.   UNLESS IT IS HEAPING PRAISE

Rephrase:  The national media should be talking about the Patriots if a) Patriots fans approve the content b) it is glowing, gushing, over the top material about how great the Krafts, Belichick, Brady and every other current patriot are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed.  The national media should be talking about the Patriots!! wait - pats fans don't like the national media talking about the pats.   UNLESS IT IS HEAPING PRAISE Rephrase:  The national media should be talking about the Patriots if a) Patriots fans approve the content b) it is glowing, gushing, over the top material about how great the Krafts, Belichick, Brady and every other current patriot are.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

A colts fan can't talk.  When is the last time the national media ever said anything negative about Peyton or Polian or the Colts for that matter?  They just lost a game 62-7 and the media is going on and on about how this would be a playoff team with Peyton and he is clearly the most valuable player in the league.  I mean I guess if you count Bob Sanders getting injured again as negative coverage...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tired of Tebow : A colts fan can't talk.  When is the last time the national media ever said anything negative about Peyton or Polian or the Colts for that matter?  They just lost a game 62-7 and the media is going on and on about how this would be a playoff team with Peyton and he is clearly the most valuable player in the league.  I mean I guess if you count Bob Sanders getting injured again as negative coverage...
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

Notice how the cowardly Dog(gggg) had refused to discuss the 62-7 horse-whipping of his lovables? LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The NFL wants Tebow to succeed because they want a share of the holyroller,your mother is burning in hades, I'm better than you, media market...... Denver took him because he is a big running OB like John Elway was, except Elway had talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE] The NFL wants Tebow to succeed because they want a share of the holyroller,your mother is burning in hades, I'm better than you, media market...... Denver took him because he is a big running OB like John Elway was, except Elway had talent.
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

You must be the only NFL chat-poster in the nation sporting an R. Crumb avitar. 

Thanks for writing so briefly and succinctly what I belabor at length.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed.  The national media should be talking about the Patriots!! wait - pats fans don't like the national media talking about the pats.   UNLESS IT IS HEAPING PRAISE Rephrase:  The national media should be talking about the Patriots if a) Patriots fans approve the content b) it is glowing, gushing, over the top material about how great the Krafts, Belichick, Brady and every other current patriot are.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    don't you talk about myra like that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Tebow will come back to earth real soon and then there will be negative talk about him for about a week and then a howling silence. The man does no have the skills to be a Q.B. in the NFL and Broncos management knows it and fears it.

One more thing, all this talk of this year's flavor, Luck, is nothing more than speculation. No one knows if this guy can be the real NFL deal QB. Just think of how many were anointed and how many fell by the wayside.

Ryan Leaf

Rick Mirer

Akilli Smith

Jamrcus Russell

Vince Young

Just to name a few.

Before they get to Canton, they have to play a few games.

Oh and one more thing, Tom Brady was a sixth round draft pick that most people had never heard of before and certainly wasn't the subject of any speculation threads like the ones about a Marquee college boy named Luck. What if he's not Lucky?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow will come back to earth real soon and then there will be negative talk about him for about a week and then a howling silence. The man does no have the skills to be a Q.B. in the NFL and Broncos management knows it and fears it. One more thing, all this talk of this year's flavor, Luck, is nothing more than speculation. No one knows if this guy can be the real NFL deal QB. Just think of how many were anointed and how many fell by the wayside.   Ryan Leaf Rick Mirer Akilli Smith Jamrcus Russell Vince Young Just to name a few. Before they get to Canton, they have to play a few games. Oh and one more thing, Tom Brady was a sixth round draft pick that most people had never heard of before and certainly wasn't the subject of any speculation threads like the ones about a Marquee college boy named Luck. What if he's not Lucky?
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to Mirer and I agree about Leaf, but I don't think there was nearly as much consensus around Young, Russell and Smith as there is about Luck. Not to say Luck is a sure thing, but I think he is a better prospect than some of the guys you have listed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow will come back to earth real soon and then there will be negative talk about him for about a week and then a howling silence. The man does no have the skills to be a Q.B. in the NFL and Broncos management knows it and fears it. One more thing, all this talk of this year's flavor, Luck, is nothing more than speculation. No one knows if this guy can be the real NFL deal QB. Just think of how many were anointed and how many fell by the wayside.   Ryan Leaf Rick Mirer Akilli Smith Jamrcus Russell Vince Young Just to name a few. Before they get to Canton, they have to play a few games. Oh and one more thing, Tom Brady was a sixth round draft pick that most people had never heard of before and certainly wasn't the subject of any speculation threads like the ones about a Marquee college boy named Luck. What if he's not Lucky?

Also I know Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, but in today's NFL he is the exception not the norm.  Look at the currents starters on the 32 teams.

18 are first round picks and Manning would be a 19th and there are a bunch more from 2nd and 3rd rounds Kolb, Schaub, Brees, Dalton, McCoy and Henne if  he was healthy.  Granted not all of these guys are world beaters, but that doesn't change the fact that most starting QB's in the NFL are not late round picks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tired of Tebow : I can't speak to Mirer and I agree about Leaf, but I don't think there was nearly as much consensus around Young, Russell and Smith as there is about Luck. Not to say Luck is a sure thing, but I think he is a better prospect than some of the guys you have listed.

There are others.  My point was that this kind of stuff goes on year in and year out, they come and they go and few are remembered.  Vince Young got a huge publicity blitz when he came to the NFL but he could not be coached and he was a big kid, as in child.  Now he's a backup in Philly.  Mirer was touted to be better than Drew Bledsoe when he came out and he never caught on anywhere.  As for Russell, I believe he was a number one pick and the flavor of the year before he came to the NFL.  Was there ever a bigger bust as a Q.B. than Jamarcus Russell?  I think Akilli Smith was also a Number one as was Joey Harrington whom I forgot to include.  Busts as draft choices, every single one and all highly rated college Q.B.'s. Beware the drafting of a first round Q.B. based on fan speculation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tired of Tebow : Also I know Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, but in today's NFL he is the exception not the norm.  Look at the currents starters on the 32 teams. 18 are first round picks and Manning would be a 19th and there are a bunch more from 2nd and 3rd rounds Kolb, Schaub, Brees, Dalton, McCoy and Henne if  he was healthy.  Granted not all of these guys are world beaters, but that doesn't change the fact that most starting QB's in the NFL are not late round picks.

Yes and you missed my point completely, which simply put was, that a Q.B. highly rated in college does not always succeed in the NFL and yet fans will always drool over such players, having no idea if they can actually play at this level.  Perhaps Luck has that, I don't know but until he plays in the NFL, he isn't anything but a college level Q.B..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tired of Tebow : Yes and you missed my point completely, which simply put was, that a Q.B. highly rated in college does not always succeed in the NFL and yet fans will always drool over such players, having no idea if they can actually play at this level.  Perhaps Luck has that, I don't know but until he plays in the NFL, he isn't anything but a college level Q.B..

Sure there are plenty of highly rated QB's in college that don't pan out, but my point was that most of the QB's that do pan out are highly rated (using draft position as a proxy for being highly rated).  Sure the bust rate for highly rated QB's is pretty high, but it is even higher for late round picks (i.e. most of them never see the field).  So  using Tom Brady as an example of how the conventional wisdom with regards to evaluating QBs is flawed is I think sort of misleading.  There aren't that many guys capable of starting as a QB in the NFL, but most of them reside in the "highly rated" population.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I tend to disagree. As you have correctly pointed out, no college player is a sure fire star, especially if he is not lucky enough to escape injury...or plays for an awful team.

That said, have you watched this kid play? If not, try to catch a Stanford game. This kid appears to have all the tools...and has been well coached. Furthermore, he's smart enough to realize that he can have some say regarding where he plays. For example, if the Colts get the rights to him, he could force a trade if he wants, like Eli Manning did in 2006, and John Elway did in 1983...and play for a team of his choice. This could put him in a situation where he has a greater chance to succeed.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

But yes I agree we won't know if Luck really has it until he hits the field.  But I think it's safe to say he has a higher probability of being legit than most others coming out of college in 2012.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's a tool, he's overhyped and he's a doof. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Tebow all night and tebow all day, that's the media for you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Tebow svcks...next thread!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

[QUOTE]Who was the last guy to win the Heisman who actually did anything in the NFL? Rod Woodson?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Jim Plunkett...with another team <sigh />

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

This thread was worth it just to see UD6 pop up his sorry head for an instant, then disappear again.  Yeah, slink back under that rock, why don't cha?!
    As for Tebow, "backstory sells."  And he has one sale-able backstory.  Tim may not walk on water, but boy, he can lead a come-back.  Or so the story goes.  So far.  Tomorrow's story may differ.
    Me, I suspect that when opposing teams get good scouting on him . . . big trouble.  No amount of prayer will help him. 
    Quarterback is such an essential position.  Be glad we still have #12.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] It's a good point. Personally I change the channel whenever a sports figure or politician goes into praise Jesus mode.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Few would have ever thought this about you considering your name and diablo picture.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I don't hate Tebow, I would much rather listen to the media drool over him then say, Rex Ryan or Peyton Manning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

you dont have to crucify the guy! he'd probably enjoy that anyway

In Response to Tired of Tebow:
    [QUOTE]     The media's infactuation with the Tim Tebow saga in Denver is both boring, and tiring. It's taking on a life similar to the Brett Favre retirement fiasco. Please...spare us the Tim Tebow all the time BS! No one really cares. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]