tired of the comparison. ..lets set the record strsit by the numbers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: tired of the comparison. ..lets set the record strsit by the numbers

Both awesome quarterbacks. Who is better depends more of what team you root for more than anything else. I'd be happy with either one on my team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I don't know why this Brady/Manning thing comes up every year? BOTH are going to be 1st time ballot HOFers and they are both great QBs, with Manning having the edge in stats and Brady having 2 more SBs  with impressive stats himself. They also are close friends off the field and have Mutual respect for one another--I think there are probably 26 other teams that would take them right now, over there staters other than Brees, Wilson, Rodgers and someone else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Manning is one heck of a QB, and he and his receivers are on fire now, so of course he's getting lots of attention.  Brady and his receivers meanwhile are struggling a bit, so the comparisons will come up and people are now asking the same question about Brady they were asking about Manning not so long ago--is age finally catching up to him.  If you look over the two QBs' careers, however, both look pretty impressive.  It's pretty hard to decide between them.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Manning is one heck of a QB, and he and his receivers are on fire now, so of course he's getting lots of attention.  Brady and his receivers meanwhile are struggling a bit, so the comparisons will come up and people are now asking the same question about Brady they were asking about Manning not so long ago--is age finally catching up to him.  If you look over the two QBs' careers, however, both look pretty impressive.  It's pretty hard to decide between them.  

What's amazing is that even amidst a lack of formidable receiving corps (Manning had it in 09 and 10, Brady has it now) and advanced age, is there any other QB you'd rather have than one of these two guys.  Certainly Rodgers and Brees deserve consideration, but that's it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

In response to Tyr17's comment:

Peyton - 166-81 for a 672 win % regular season

9-11 for a 450 win % post season

Brady - 156-46 for a 772 win % regular season

17-7 for a 708 win %  post season

Brady has 9-4 record head to head vs manning...

How can anyone say peyton is better?

Add that TB let go ahead 4th qtr scores in all 5 SB's

Add that PM cannot play in cold weather - and TB does -7-0 in the cold

Add that PM played with  3 Hof's or borderline Hof's receivers for hsi career

To date TB has the most TDs in a season and has 50 straight games of 1 TD pass

TB's interception rate is lower

And the irony -

if AS had not dropped the INT or then the 1 in a million Helmet catch

which lost the 19-0 season - we wouldn't even be talking about it

This morning heard Greenie on M& M and I swear he has an orrrrgaaaasssm over PM, He tries so hard to make superlative ,definitive, declarative statements so he can sound like Bob - " I am so Smart" Costas that it makes me cringe with embarrassment for him/

PM has not played a good D yet - He plays the NFC least and only KC may have a good team in his division.

I don't even think PM is in the same class as Joe Montana

Of course, if Adam Vinatieri hadn't hit all those game winning/tieing kicks for Brady and Belichick, we might not even be having this conversation.

Which is true with every winning QB

And you miss the point - Everyone has to do there job - its a team game- TB did his job in all 5 SBs - But in the ones he lost - AS didn't do his job and Chung didnt do his job at the end of the 4th Quarter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

And the irony -

This morning heard Greenie on M& M and I swear he has an orrrrgaaaasssm over PM, He tries so hard to make superlative ,definitive, declarative statements so he can sound like Bob - " I am so Smart" Costas that it makes me cringe with embarrassment for him/

PM has not played a good D yet - He plays the NFC least and only KC may have a good team in his division.

Of course, if Adam Vinatieri hadn't hit all those game winning/tieing kicks for Brady and Belichick, we might not even be having this conversation.

And you miss the point - Everyone has to do there job - its a team game- TB did his job in all 5 SBs - But in the ones he lost - AS didn't do his job and Chung didnt do his job at the end of the 4th Quarter

I certainly agree that it takes a team to win or lose.  I'm not going to argue that TB didn't do his job in all five Super Bowls...he did.  The problem, though, is that he didn't do it with equal effectiveness.  The point is, in the most recent Super Bowl loss, TB was most definitely not at his best, just as a few other players were not at their's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

And the irony -

Did TB do his job when he gave up that sack or does that not matter because it was early in the game? 

Did TB do his job when he directed the highest scoring team in the NFL to only 14 points in his first SB losing effort to the Giants?  Don't you remember when he mocked plaxico burress by saying:  "“We’re only gonna score 17 points? Ha ha ha,” Brady told reporters when informed of Burress’ 23-17 prediction. “OK. Is Plax playing defense?” 

Maybe I am nitpicking or maybe you are cherry picking.  Whatever the case, you seem be making excuses while not allowing others theirs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Both Gomer and Brady are not above reproach for their own playoff based meltdown moments. All great QBs have them. Brady has less. More recent, but less.

Not debatable.

Brady beats Gomer at every turn, every stat, wins/losses, TD/INT ratio and every other category you can think of, save for whatever their respective ratings are. Those are usually even.

If Brady had better weaponry earlier in his career, his stats might even be more impressive.

That said, since 2007 I do not like how Brady has seemingly wanted to put up more stats in the regular season to chase Gomie and his ego, and coming across indifferent staring down the barrel of a SB win.

BB is fixing that right now, so we'll see who has the  better postseason this year, Gomer or Brady.

But when Brady's had to succeed with less of a defense - where he's had to carry the team like Manning - he's failed.  Not debateable.  Manning didn't tell his defense to allow Brees to go like 27 for 28 (excluding an intentional spike) for the last 2.5 quarters of his last SB. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I never said TB was great at all times. I am saying when yhe game was on the line he was ther

If I am the cleanup hitter and Go O-4 but in the top of the 9th I hit a grand slam to go ahead-and then Buckner lets one go thru his legs, is it the clean up hitters fault? we lose. and you put TB in the positon of not being anything less than Superman. the QB who everyone is measured by is Montana. he didn't always have great games. He had even won a game when Craig fumbled

Lastly we remember people for what they do in a clutch moment. TB has performed. Yogi Berra was a good hitter, he was a great clutch hitter. 

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Don't forget that Peyton has throughout his career been surrounded by better talent most of the time by comparison as well.  Brady has done more with less. 

Still, I can't knock ol horseface.  He's one hell of a QB and will go down as one of the best for sure. 

the truth!! Plus WR's who have been with him longer.  Check this out...

Brady's Receivers
    Deion Branch – 78 games
    Wes Welker – 77 games
    Troy Brown – 73 games
    Rob Gronkowski – 43 games
    Aaron Hernandez – 38 games
    Randy Moss – 36 games
    Donte’ Stallworth – 17 games
    Brandon Lloyd – 16 games

Manning's Receivers
    Marvin Harrison – 158 games
    Reggie Wayne – 157 games
    Dallas Clark – 104 games
    Brandon Stokely – 56 games
    Austin Collie – 25 games
    Demaryius Thomas – 19 games
    Eric Decker – 19 games

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

But when Brady's had to succeed with less of a defense - where he's had to carry the team like Manning - he's failed.  Not debateable.  Manning didn't tell his defense to allow Brees to go like 27 for 28 (excluding an intentional spike) for the last 2.5 quarters of his last SB. 

[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows failure better than Manning... 

* 8  one and outs most all time

* 11 playoff loses most all time.

Possiby the greatest regular season QB of all time.

The biggest playoff QB loser of all time.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Why is everyone forgetting Horseface is 9-11 all time in the playoffs? Isn't that the only stat that really matters? 

9-11 folks... That in itself ends the debate. You cannot be the best or even top 3 ever with a sub 500 playoff record. What a joke.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Ud6

i don't think I am cherry picking I am just going to 42 and 46

And where TB showed up in the clutch and the whole discussion on everthing changes if the Pats had won. we wouldn't even talk about other losses

and of course there were players who were heroes and others who were goats

Each 42 and 46 there were many reasons they lost. but both could have been won by any player in the game

Btw 42 and 46 were not played in the cold and then Too TB is one of the best cold weather QBs I don't think their losses were ever due to their offense in the cold

I don't think I have ever heard that TB was lazy

AND

there have also been moments when TB gave us "Oh No" plays --jets, Denver for 2 and then there were games where the whole team was bad - like Ray Rice. Going 80 on the first play - that was a team effort lol

i do miss weiss.

if you see my past posts, I am a team wins together and loses together guy. RBut when the discussion changes to player vs player, TB vs Gomer, the entire context of what has happened gets thrown into the mix. A player goes into the HoF not the team. 

I root for the SB win first and the rest is sports talk

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Why is everyone forgetting Horseface is 9-11 all time in the playoffs? Isn't that the only stat that really matters? 

9-11 folks... That in itself ends the debate. You cannot be the best or even top 3 ever with a sub 500 playoff record. What a joke.

Everyone isn't forgetting that. Most people are well aware of it. And that is why Manning tops very few GOAT lists.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

As for the defenses the broncos have faced - Other than the awful Giants, Baltimore (15) and Oakland (30) have given up fewer points to their other opponents (other than the broncos), than the teams that the pats have faced - Jets (37), Tampa (34), Buffalo (50).  That tells me at least as far as defenses are concerned, the broncos have faced better defenses than the Pats. 

Are you serious. I can take jets defense over Giants, Raiders and Baltimore any day. There offense just not existant which is another story. 

Tampa is statistcally better than raiders and giants. 

Sections
Shortcuts