Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB

In Response to Re: Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB:
    [QUOTE]It was pretty funny listening to Deion Sanders last night, talking about how "Belicheck knows the team isn't good enough, so he's cutting his losses now." Really Deion? Well, I don't think motivation will be a problem this year......lol
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

Dion gets jealous because his beloved Cowboys have sucked since the cocaine ran out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Don't be mad at the media.  They are our good luck charm.  We played some of our best football when nobody loved us.

That's right players on the Pats, the media think you all S%CK!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

The media needs a story, and if they can't report on one they make it up, complete with good guys and bad guys.

Poor Randy, he wanted out and thats what he got, not much of a story. If anything I feel like the media is upset that a nice season long drama was cut short for them. All the possible late for practice, suspect faux injuries, did he jog a route etc stories are gone.

This is why the Jets are great fodder, off field incidents, everyone running their mouth from the head coach down, its a constant side show, and it's a recipe for
    disaster.

BB is no rookie coach, the guys been doing this a while now, and has had some sucess at it, this was best for everyone involved.

The media can take a flying leap, these are the same media types who unanimously said the Rams would steam roll the Patriots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]Why is it so hard to understand that Moss choosing $$ over helping the team win, as "can't make it up"? The fact you can't grasp that logic, as to whay fans are disappointed, speaks volumes about your education level.
    Posted by WeisOffenseReturns[/QUOTE]

Um, first of all, I never said anything about Moss choosing $$ over helping the team win. 

I was responding to a poster who called Moss an overpaid jerk the day after he was dealt, but likely never would have said such a thing today if the deal hadn't happened. 

But to your point - Brady made public his feelings about his contract, gets paid, and is praised.  Moss does the same, does not get paid, and gets vilified.  From where I sit, the only reason for this difference in public opinion is that the org chose to pay brady, but chose to trade moss, and I don't know why that begets a completely different emotion about the individuals.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Brady never made them public. At all.

The only time he made a statement was in the first day of camp, to address it ONCE professionally, and move on.

Don't lie.  Why do you troll here when every single thing you say is a misrepresentation or a flat out lie?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Brady made his feelings known through Michael Silver and never once refuted them with ample opportunity to do so.  Just because he chooses an indirect route as opposed to the direct on Moss took doesn't mean they both didn't have contract issues. 

Further - before you go with the "Brady took a discount in his last contract" route, remember that Moss also had better offers to go elsewhere.  He didn't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

That is a lie.  MIchael Silver speculated based upon some general comments.

And another lie on the Moss thing. You simply lie.  Lie.

He had one offer from Philly that was LESS than NE's.  Philly tried to quickly stale him but NE countered.   He chose to come back to NE, for obvious reasons.

One offer for a 32 year old HOFer after 2007?

That's not really a lot of competition, is it, Indy Love?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]That is a lie.  MIchael Silver speculated based upon some general comments. And another lie on the Moss thing. You simply lie.  Lie. He had one offer from Philly that was LESS than NE's.  Philly tried to quickly stale him but NE countered.   He chose to come back to NE, for obvious reasons. One offer for a 32 year old HOFer after 2007? That's not really a lot of competition, is it, Indy Love?
    Posted by WeisOffenseReturns[/QUOTE]

You show me exactly where Michael Silver speculated: 

Here's an excerpt from this paper: 

NFL columnist Michael Silver wrote that “there’s a growing sense of disconnect between the two camps.’’ Brady declined to comment on the situation with Silver, saying he is uncomfortable discussing the subject.
    Don't you think Brady would want to clear up a speculation or lie?  If it was speculation or a lie, why do you think Brady would give Silver what a boston sports media personality described as the first exclusive print interview in 2010? 
    Here's Silver defending himself in his mailbag - scroll to the bottom:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday061510
    and here's another:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday070610

You choose to believe its speculation if that makes you feel better, but the fact that it was never refuted tells me it was true.  This writer has too much cache to spewing inaccurate opinion in his chosen field. 

And here's some information about Moss' financial committment to the pats:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/03/04/moss_patriots_hook_up_again/
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/report-pats-will-get-a-third-round-pick-for-randy-moss/

Wanna take back your "lies" comment?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]Public perception is everything Indy, and Moss ruined his.  Brady said "talking about being mad or not isnt going to help this team"  and Moss come out after a win talking about I want a contract, it will be a slap in the face, blah, bah....totally different, and to futher that.  How about Matt Light.  Dude has played his whole career here and has done a good job while taking all kinds of criticism and they havent resigned him yet. I dont see him going around moping and pouting and all that...and he is protecting Brady's blindside....he knows he is not the priority right now, and he hasnt said a WORD.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

But you didn't really address my question - Brady complained and was paid and praised.  Moss the same, but was traded, and now is being villified. 

Just admit that the only thing working here is irrational fandom.  all of sudden it don't let the door hit you on your way out, but the day before fans were going to their grave with moss. 

I love fandom, but this is a bit ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimF. Show TimF's posts

I think the problem is assuming Randy would continue to be a good soldier the rest of the year if the game plan was truly moving away from targeting him.  If the ball is not being thrown his way, does he continue to run his routes hard and pull the double team, or does he loaf and not require the double teams he used to.  He is a great player, but he was not going to be a happy camper if the gameplan changed and we started spreading it out more and running more.In Response to Re: Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, but at NO time during Moss' tenure in NE did he behave like he used to.  At least not publicly.  If the media is right, and we all seem to think they're foolish, then the Pats' players all thought it was time for him to go.  Really?  It's time for a guy who frees up other receivers to split? He was gone after this season.  This team and management couldn't have used him for 12 more games?  The future draft picks look good now, but by the time that even comes close to fruition, Brady is going to be close to retirement at 37-38 years old.  They better now start thinking about a QB. This trade will bite them in the a** and it's splitting the fan base.  Ultimately that's the worst part of this...it's polarizing the fan base.  Pats will continue to be a solid team, but are they playoff bound?  It's now going to take a Jets' breakdown for this to happen as well as a Pats' push.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I wouldn't let the media bs bother you, BB loves it, he eats it up that's why he is the way he is, his OWN PERSON!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

The other thing with him is, he comes out of the huddle before everyone else when it's a run.

I hate to bash the guy on the way out the door, but that always rubbed  me the wrong way.

Another reasont to expect the run game to improve.

Sections
Shortcuts